• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Curiosity Killed the Cat (Reboot) - Post Apocalyptic

interested?

• ye

• na

Results are only viewable after voting.

evephy

unhealthy koreaboo
many moons later, and ephy is back at it again with the roleplay lifestyle!
back from a long hiatus, and i got that roleplay itch to scratch, if you get what i'm sayin' -winkwink-

i made this roleplay a while back, and the idea has still stuck with me till today.
i thought it'd be a good idea to have a quick interest check, and see if people would actually want to join in on this LOL.

for a quick little summary, CKtC is a post-apocalyptic rp i made a while back, lightly influenced by the manhwa, Noblesse.
for those of you hungry for the plot, I'll just drop it down below.
i'm thinking like a two/three paragraph minimum, since the rp is a tad bit extensive. (though the plotting is generally pretty open)
leave a post/vote if you're interested, and maybe even find the old roleplay if you're feelin' stalkish. c;

//EDIT
The rp thread has been created!
Click here if you wish to see the final product, otherwise, the plot is still available in the spoiler down below.

xxxxxIt is currently the year of 2086, about ten years after the War. World War III to be exact. Almost all of the world is a barren wasteland of hopelessness. The humans that are still alive have made some sort of adaption to the the world around them. However it still isn't uncommon to find a dead corpse wherever you go. People live under rubble, while others murder the ones living under the rubble. The instinct to survive is on its maximum level, and the chaos only seems to be increasing even though the war is over...but when did it all start?

xxxxxHave you ever heard the saying, "Curiosity killed the cat?" Well you could say humanity didn't seem to take that saying to heart, because it became the death of them. Literally. Scientists were searching for a way to modify humans, and improve upon them, as if they weren't already at the top of the food chain. A powerful company, called the Union, began kidnapping young children against their will, experimenting on them at a young age and treating them as science experiments as the years went on. They were nothing but test subjects, thrown away like trash if their experiments failed, and used as tools if they succeeded. As time went on, the bitter feelings built up as more and more experiments were conducted. It was only a matter of time before the experiments revolted, and sure enough they did.

xxxxxThat was when all hell broke loose.

xxxxxHumans began regretting their decision to enhance themselves, as the enhanced humans had so much more power over them. All those pent up feelings they kept in the lab were unleashed as chaos seeped into country after country. The humans tried their best to contain them, but once the revolt began, it couldn't be stopped. They destroyed everything in their wake, removing anything that got in their way.

xxxxxIt was a fight that the humans couldn't win.

xxxxxThese test subjects were no longer viewed as experiments, but instead, as monsters.

xxxxxAll hope seemed to be lost when the majority of the major cities in the world had been utterly destroyed. Millions of lives had been lost, and living a normal life became impossible for anyone in the world.

xxxxxThe government were trapped in a corner, and out of desperation, they sent nuclear bombs out and around the world, blowing up the places where the majority of experiments resided. Sure enough, the number of experiments decreased greatly, but so did the number of innocent humans. Radiation waves spread throughout the world, killing those who hadn't been caught in the explosion. The government quickly fell into nothingness and the war ended in an instant, for there seemed to be nothing to fight against.

xxxxxBut the human race is not so easily erased, you see. Survivors roamed the earth, whether they were enhanced or not, they were alive, and many planned to keep it that way.

Last edited:
I'm also interested! Like Fandom_Trash, I would like to know what qualities they could have.

Fandom_Trash Fandom_Trash Yumiko Yumiko
ooyay! glad to hear that a few people are interested!
to answer your questions, the enhanced humans' abilities would all be physical (aka not like fire bending or some shiz like that)
i am an avid hater of op characters, so all the enhanced abilities would only be able to benefit one physical trait.

an example would be "enhanced strength" - alterted muscle dna etc.
one of the previous members of my rp had an ability of cell regeneration, so they could heal easily. With the exception that though their regeneration was enhanced, they still felt pain.

sort of make sense? i can clarify a bit more if you'd like.

to answer your questions, the enhanced humans' abilities would all be physical (aka not like fire bending or some shiz like that)
i am an avid hater of op characters, so all the enhanced abilities would only be able to benefit one physical trait.

one of the previous members of my rp had an ability of cell regeneration, so they could heal easily. With the exception that though their regeneration was enhanced, they still felt pain.

I think that's pretty cool! I've only ever seen magical enhancements so roleplaying that would be fun

That's what I guessed, but I wasn't sure. Yea, that sounds awesome, I'd love to do this!

evephy evephy

Not really sure where to ask this so I'm just gonna do it here (sorry!).

I was wondering if it were possible for the physical enhancements to manifest and/or adapt over time. I was thinking this could occur through things such as extensive training or familiarity with one's own ability. Just an idea.

Also, the amount of detail and dedication you've put into this RP is hyping me up even more. Awesome!

SodaToast SodaToast
hmmm, a lot of what I'm thinking is that the 'full extent' of their powers would have already been found through
the experiments done on each human. as in, improvements would only be made if they were to be experimented
on even more. (*cough*Noblesse*cough*)

but it's definitely not a bad idea!
I think a situation such as that would honestly just depend on the character's ability.
I imagine each experiment would differ and react accordingly to its environment.
what did you have in mind?

ahh! and thankyou! It makes me happy to hear that people are hyped for it ;-;

hey love, i just wanted to know if the fcs for this were going to be real or drawn?? i can't wait to get started!!

propriis propriis
fcs should be drawn!
everything about applying & joining should be stated in the rules. c:
unless i somehow missed something rip

Sorry I'm truly late, but I'm stoked for this idea! Am I too late? If not, what all do you need from me in order for me to join?

Velkyn Velkyn
glad to hear you're interested! and you're definitely not too late to join!
we haven't started just yet, and would love some new applicants c:

you can find all the info regarding the rp as well as joining in the intro post above.
happy readings!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back