• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Crow's Hollow Town] A Murder of Crows

Sepokku

A Menace
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Mentions: Goran Glacial Goran Glacial
OoC: Sorry about the delay, with no further ado, let us get this RP underway. Any IH members, feel free to jump in at our leisure. No posting frequency set yet, and as such no end date. This will be a shorter story though, and serve as an intro to others. Please link your character Sheet in your first post.
Time: 11:00 am
Weather: Clear Skies, Temperate Conditions

"Welcome to Crow's Hollow, an Idyllic retreat in the Wilderness of the Fae See. Here, Humans, Fae, Constructs, and Beastfolk live mostly in harmony. In a few days, the 'Changing of the Guard' will occur, an annual ritual that asks for the Forest's protection. However, reports of monster attacks have the town council on edge, and all is not as it seems in the Hamlet."
  • "Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
    By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
    “Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,” I said, “art sure no craven,
    Ghastly grim and ancient Raven wandering from the Nightly shore—
    Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night’s Plutonian shore!"
    -Quoth the Raven “Nevermore.”
    l-y-hyun-fantasy-forest-secret-village.jpg

Crow's Hollow was bustling with activity, the annual Changing of the Guard set to happen in only a few days. The Hamlet was one of the places in the See where Humans, Fae, and Beasts lived in relative harmony. Children ran about, some wearing masks made to resemble animals, others had wooden swords and boasted of "being Champion." The smell of spiced drinks hung on the air, stalls lining the main road into and out of town as the inhabitants do their best to make money off of the extra supplies they had lying about.

At the center of town, near a small Inn and Tavern named the Crow's Rest, a mostly empty Job board has several bounties for a "Jet-Black Dire Wolf," "Barghest," and "Hellhound," all of which appear to feature differing renditions of the same monster. Below these is a listing for "A Pure-Hearted Adventurer to Protect the Festival," and "A Fearless Adventurer to Euthanize the Beast," they seem to be in the same handwriting, and both list the quest-giver as "-Sorcha."

Not far from the tavern, the town council got ready to convene for the eighth day in a row, and despite their doggedness, they were no closer to finding a solution to the monster attacks. Frustration and desperation were starting to reign supreme among the town elders, stress evident on the council folks' faces.

Travelers come in and out of town, a resident madwoman yelling "prophecy" at them as they approach; the most recent arrivals are a fairly large caravan fit to fill the tavern to occupancy. Despite the reports of monster attacks, everyone seems in high spirits, and the Hamlet has swelled to nearly half its size due to the visitors. Small encampments dot the paths through town, as well as some of the nearby clearings. Traveling merchants who are particularly enterprising even have baubles for sale, "Good Luck" charms, that carry the visage of the Champion or Guardian.

Those paying close attention may even notice a particularly dour-faced man with a vellum tablet, asking all sorts of suspicious questions and recording the answers. Trailing close behind him appear to be a pair of soldiers, a coat of arms conspicuously displayed on their armor.

As the festival grows closer, some of the villagers have been asking whether or not they are in danger. Thankfully the council has assured them otherwise, and what reason does the council have to lie?

Last edited by a moderator:
~Adrian Banfield~
Adrian sat atop a tree staring lazily at the village below as smoke trailed around him due to his cigarette. he giggled as thought of torching the whole place but thought better since he knew he was nowhere near strong enough to take the village on his own. he tossed his sorcerers orb from hand to hand with a look of boredom on his face before jumping down off the tree. He pocketed his orb before some soldier or some such thought to take his only focus. He then stood staring back at the nosy crow nearby before waltzing off in a relaxed gait. He wondered what mischief he could get up to this time well only that old man god would probably know, all adrian knew is he can't show a inkling of any evil until it was time. Till then he might as well hunt this wolf they keep talking about its been a while since he killed something and at least killing monsters is legal unlike back when he was human.

Threnody finished up the last round of questions before the sun set, with any luck he would have time to start looking into individual adventurers tomorrow. At this pace, things would be perfectly set in motion by the time the Festival kicked off, and the Hamlet would be little more than a footnote in Ein's legacy.

Dragging his feet as he contemplated the easiest way to turn adventurers against the town Champion, Threnody noticed a particularly malevolent looking fae traveling by himself. Moreover, the Fae appeared to be a magic user and in need of a new catalyst. Machinations began whirling in his head as he approached the red-headed man.

"Hey, you there, with the tobacco cigarillo. Are you looking for work?" Threnody looked around, a few villagers were looking at them, but no one that would report anything to the town militia, he hoped. "My employer and I were hoping to find an adventurer willing to do a few odd jobs for us. We can't pay much, but I happen to be a skilled Artificer, if you were looking for high quality Catalysts."

Mentions: Goran Glacial Goran Glacial

Nissa
nissa.png
Nissa stood under the shade of a tree on a hill overlooking the village; the vampire looked down as she clasped her hands behind her back. They had traveled a fair distance from the cave; Zolgen wasn't in attendance this time around. Meaning she was going to have to deal with a village by herself which wasn't an issue. Nissa licked her lips as she set her pack down off to the side and opened it. Revealing several jars of blood that she kept. Which made is fairly easy to travel so long as she could replenish the stock of blood.

The village would have been a great place for a goblin attack, the See has always been a place full of magic. She thought to herself resting a hand on her hip she squinted her eyes to look further below at the village. The best thing for the moment was to observe and then if she could sneak into the hamlet under disguise. She hoped there wouldn't be any truth-seeking orbs or at least not when she was around.
Vampire Honorguard.png
Letting out a sigh she looked back over at her honor guards, "Keep a low profile, we don't need to go alerting the little guard they have here." She ordered as the leader of the group nodded their head. Finding a log Nissa sat down and crossed her legs watching everything below for the time being.

Sepokku Sepokku Goran Glacial Goran Glacial

~Adrian Banfield~
adrian looked around before sighing dismayingly 'great' he thought 'just what i dont want... attention' taking a deep drag from his cigarette adrian said with a bored tone "look i don't know you and i sure don't trust you plus you are drawing attention to me which i dont like." breathing out slowly making smoke rings adrian continued "also you should post said jobs at the adventurer's guild or a job board not approach someone like you did" looking at the villagers that were watching adrian decided to enter the village later. walking away he proceeded to find an obscure place in the trees to sleep perferably hidden.

Goran Glacial Goran Glacial saxon saxon OoC: Quick reminder for everyone to link their character sheets ~
  • 3e213075966b55456cf497ee729cb700.jpgAs the sun makes its way through the sky over Crow's Hollow, the villagers continue their preparations for the festival, unaware of the malcontents amongst them. Amongst them, one stands out among the rest. Though physically they are fairly unassuming, the locals treat him with a sort of reverence that could only denote him as their Champion. Clad in leather armor, the cocksure almost waifish boy of a Hero made his way through the village, taking great pains to greet everyone who approached him.

As if they had come with the express purpose of causing trouble, a group of three adventurers made their way up to the Champion the moment they set eyes on him. Without warning the first adventurer drew his axe and lunged forward. Expecting their target to dodge, the other two in his party prepared ranged attacks, but the dodge never came. The axe struck squarely into the Champion's shoulder, seemingly causing no noticeable damage. With a grin the boy flourished his hand, a dirk suddenly appearing in it as he darted forward.

In a blur of motion, the Champion leaped over the first assailant and landed in between the other two. With a quick twist, and flash of metal the remaining two fell to the ground as the fight left their bodies. The dagger disappeared once more as the Champion crossed his hands behind his head and leaned back slightly, "Now, now, The Changing of the Guard is a time for revelry and rest, not petty violence."

Though small in frame, the boy's words carried far enough to echo throughout the immediate forest surrounding Crow's Hollow. The resounding noise was enough to set several flocks of birds to flight, seeking cover away from the village. Though one such group of birds did not leave; a flock of crows, the most daring of which were staring at the newly arrived party. One of the birds even hopped out of the nearby trees and landed on the ground nearby Nissa. Its beady eyes looked up at her, as it craned its neck.

Likewise, if Adrian were to awake from his nap, his superior senses would let him see the same nosy crow from earlier, curiously watching him from (what it thought) was a safe distance.

Last edited:
~Adrian Banfield~
Adrian snoozed for a good while before he felt something watching him opening his right eye he spotted the crow or raven whatever the black winged creature was. he grew slack as he realized it was just a bird, laying comfortably on a branch of a tree he lit a cigarette taking a deep drag of it before blowing it at the crow with a sadistic gleam in his eyes. not one for sticking around for a reaction adrian jumped off the tree landing on his feet with his cigarette hanging from his mouth as he started walking towards the village ignoring most of the commotion. Where adrain stopped was an hunter's guild with a post about the wolfish creature terrorizing these parts. he walked up to the counter asking for a copy of the request while asking if he could hunt other carnivorous animals while he was at it.

Hope.jpg

Clutching awkwardly to a hastily written note, Hope meandered past merchants selling assorted baubles, eyes warily darting between the "charms" on display. Tourist traps. Her mom always said they were only there to take advantage of starry-eyed folk with zero self-control. And Mom was right! By the time she'd come around the stalls for another look, her purse felt lighter, and her pack significantly heavier with knick-knacks and memorabilia. Maybe she was the target for these things, Hope thought as a giddy smile reached her eyes. But what did that matter? Everything about this place - about the See was just incredible!

Hope giggled with glee. The Rykeners had no idea what they were talking about! Saying the See was full of man-eating bugs and man-eating monsters, and man-eating this, and man-eating that. There was nothing but smiling faces here. And so many Fae. So many whimsical, magical people just like her!

Kalina would've liked it here.

Wincing to her herself, Hope's eyes slowly dimmed. Maybe Kalina wouldn't have been able to eat or drink anything, and surely, they'd give her a rough time for being a vampire. But this festival could've helped keep her mind off of Renee. After everything that happened, after everything Kalina had to do... Why hadn't she just waited? Sure, she was still scared. Sure, she'd need some time to recover. Renee's death had left scars on her, too. But she'd still made a promise. That melancholic blue still hung around Kalina. Faintly, but the hurt still vaguely palpable. And she'd promised to take it away. She'd promised to be there for every single step. That's what friends did.

Yet here she was.

Stopping mid-step, Hope looked behind her. Nothing but new faces passing by, chatting, laughing. Kalina was nowhere to be seen. An indescribable wrenching began to fill her gut. This was all a mistake. She should've been waiting in Ryken! She shouldn't-

A booming voice from behind ripped Hope from her thoughts. With a startled squeak, she jumped, quickly peering behind her again. Her eyes only widened even bigger once she saw a boy standing over three lifeless bodies. Nope, she thought. Even more reason to leave. But before she could dart back to the entrance, something about the boy looked familiar. As if she'd seen it hundreds of times. "Oh!" Hope exclaimed loudly, a hand reaching to pull out a single charm, "It's the, uh... You're the, uh..."Pausing, her eyes looked around wildly, "Check the note, check the note, check the note!"

Hope peered down into the paper in her hands. Only scribbled directions and "Changing of the Guard Festival!!!" written sloppily in bold letters. No indicator of who this guy was. Nothing on what this festival was even for. She was completely screwed. "S-Sorry, I..." Shoving the paper into her cloak, Hope gave a quick courtesy, "I'm still a bit new here in..." She drew a blank. What was the name of this place again? "T-This wonderful village of yours!" Hope blurted, eyes darting to the adventurers at the boy's feet. That would be her if she didn't find a way to salvage this! "I-I'm Hope. And... you are?"

Nissa
nissa.png

Nissa looked rather bored at his point as she waited for night to fall upon the hamlet, knowing that would be the best time to strike. She was about to take a little nap when a sound came from the hamlet. Opening one eye she sat up and walked to the edge of the forest line to see what was happening. Though she couldn't tell what exactly happened, she saw the flocks of birds fly off away from the village. She arched her eyebrow, bringing her hand to her chin.

What could that have been a fight? If that was the case, then something is going on already. Nissa thought to herself as she saw a crow land next to her and it seemed to be looking at her. Turning her attention to the crow she took a step toward the creature as she tilted her head as she looked to the members of her honor guard. There was something off about the whole thing but to what end she didn't exactly know. "Something Feels off; keep your eyes open," Nissa commanded as she rested her hand on the hilt of her longsword.
Vampire Honorguard.png

She quickly drew her blade and stabbed the ground next to the crow to see what the crow was going to do. Once she knew how it acted to that it was going to determine what her next action was going to be. Though she was hoping to be able to wait until the sun set at least that way they could have the cover of darkness on their side.

Sepokku Sepokku Goran Glacial Goran Glacial

Goran Glacial Goran Glacial saxon saxon The Last Curse The Last Curse
  • c9251a1cf608075cf9416f7ca158a7c4.jpg
    The poor unfortunate crow that had deigned fit to spy on Adrian cawed pathetically as he blew a ring of smoke at it. Flapping its wings awkwardly, it took flight, headed into the forest, away from the Hamlet.

Adrian quickly made it to the tavern where the Hunter's Guild was. As he approached the counter, the receptionist gave him a cheery bob of her head, "One bounty for the mystery 'Wolf' coming right up. Though, there has been some debate about whether it is even a canine or not." Grabbing a pen and inkwell she grabbed a piece of parchment and started fiercely scribbling some words. "I'll throw in a hunting permit as well. Feel free to bag any game you see, so long as it doesn't have white fur! I should warn you though, dire animals are more common in this part of the See."

Satisfied with the permit, the receptionist slid it into a folder, along with information on the bounty, and then handed the folder to Adrian. "I went ahead and attached a map of the Crow's Hollow to the bounty, the Apothecary's is marked with a star. Last I checked she had a few poisons she was offering to anyone pursuing the bounty. Good luck!"

On the other side of the Hamlet...

The Champion barked out a laugh while he watched the newcomer before him fumble with their belongings, it was a far cry better than being attacked, they seemed nervous, though... He spared a glance to his assailants from earlier, 'S'pose first Impressions could've been better.'

"I-I'm Hope. And... you are?"

He was silent for a few seconds before answering, "Hope, huh? Crow's Hollow could use a little Hope!" Puffing his chest out slightly, he retrieved a coin purse tied to his belt, "I'm parched, but you can call me Asher. S'what all my other friends call me." With his free hand he signaled to one of the street vendors. The vendor brought him a few mugs of spiced wine, the heady scent of the mulling hung on the air as Asher graciously traded the entire coin purse for the three tankards.

"First round is on me everyone!" Downing the first tankard of wine, he passed it back to the vendor and informed him, "Make sure to give yourself a big tip as well."

Turning back to face Hope, he smiled and offered her one of the other two refreshments. "Let me be the first to officially welcome you to Crow's Hollow." His voice had an almost melodic tone to it as he spoke, "The Hamlet has always gotten busy this time of year, but with the war looming on the horizon, some undesirables inevitably found our little sanctum." He gestured plainly to the ne'er-do-wells from earlier. "Don't let a few bad apples spoil you, though! Our idyllic patch of the forest is one of the nicest in the See!"

The Champion sauntered alongside Hope, continuing their rounds, albeit at a much more leisurely pace now that he had company. "So, what brings you to the Hollow, if you don't mind my asking?"

On a hill overlooking Crow's Hollow...

The Corvid on the ground let out an awkward squawk as Nissa stabbed the ground, its wings kicking up bits of dirt as they fluttered. Yet, it did not move from its spot. Cocking its head slightly, the bird continued to stare at her. Ruffling its feathers, the bird turned to preen itself for a moment, before turning back to Nissa. "Eleanor."

No one could blame Nissa if she was momentarily confused, the voice having come from seemingly nowhere. Then the bird hopped forward a step and opened its beak again, "Help. Eleanor." This time it was unmistakable, the words had come from the bird. The sun started to set in the sky, the light on the horizon turning a range of pastel blues, oranges, and yellow as twilight approached.

In the distance, Nissa could hear the sounds of soldiers marching, headed for the hill she was on. Were she to take a look, she would notice a group of seven moving towards her direction.

Last edited:
~Adrian Banfield~
Adrian smiled crookedly as he received the hunting permit, he was very happy for the assistance and thanked the receptionist profusely. Adrian walked out putting what he didn't want to carry on his person in his shadow pocket. he walked towards the forest nearby before snuffing his cigarette before crouching down to rub some weeds and grass upon himself to make the smoke smell go away and smell more natural to the environment. when he was done he retrieved his sorcerer's orb from his jacket pocket before having it hover around his right hand it was his only catalyst and he be damned if he wasn't ready for every eventuality. when he was deep enough in the forrest he climbed a tall tree and hid himself amongst the foliage watching for anything not 'White' as everything else was fair game... unless there was something too tough for himself then he'd just let it pass by while he waited for another prey.

[Shadow pocket: Magic affinity E, Shadow Affinity F, Spatial dimension F - opens his pocket space between dimensions placed in his own shadow. - 1 post cooldown]

Hope.jpg

Flinching slightly after Asher's boisterous laugh, Hope stared hesitantly at the beverage in his hand, occasionally looking back at him. She shouldn't. Free food and strangers were dangerous combinations in this life and the last. Yet, as the spicy and sweet aroma wafted into her nose, Hope felt the tightness in her shoulders ease a bit. How long had it been since anyone offered her anything good? And no one said anything about drinking, either. Maybe, at the very least, she could just take it. Carefully reaching out, Hope grabbed the tankard, "T-Thanks, Asher. Glad you can have me..." She held the drink close to her chest, nodding slowly as Asher addressed the assailants. "Oh, I'm sorry to hear. A place this pretty doesn't deserve something like that." She said, slight pain in her eyes as she glanced at the bodies. Even this world was plagued by wars. Some things never changed, magical world or not. "I thought the See was just full of trees and Fae. And everyone's so nice..." She shrugged helplessly, "Why would anyone want to fight a war here?"

Soon enough, Hope found herself following beside Asher through the hamlet. As she leisurely peered down into her aromatic beverage, a tiny gasp escaped her, eyes widening for the briefest moment. She was supposed to be leaving! Why was she walking around? Her grip intensifying on the mug, Hope's gaze shifted to Asher just as he posed his question. Maybe just one more answer. "Well, I'm here trying to..." She paused. "Escape. From... everything, I guess." She said solemnly, tracing a finger along the rim of her tankard, "It's been a bad week, is what I'll say. Between friends, people I thought were friends. The things I had to say..." Sighing lightly, Hope looked back to the trail. Too much information, she thought. Asher didn't need to know about Renee or Kalina. Nor the decisions that brought them all apart. "I thought I might as well take a break. Look for someplace to stop and smell the roses." She looked back to Asher, slightly chuckling, "Plus, the folk in Ryken are always talking about how the Fae throw the wildest festivals. I also thought I oughta see it for myself!"

Walking a little bit taller, her eyes formed two glowing arcs, "And that's not the only reason I'm down in the See," She added enthusiastically, holding up a finger, "I keep hearing things about being a [Daughter of Source] and a [Shadow Fae] and the See's where all the Fae are, right? That's what I heard. So, maybe if I came down, they'd tell me all about how it is to be a-"

Stopping herself midsentence, Hope quickly shook her head. She couldn't confide that with a stranger. Much less someone born in this world. What would Asher say if he found out she wasn't? Was it obvious already? "Uh, sorry. I'm talking too much about myself..." She quickly bowed her head before pulling out one of her lucky charms, "But I remember reading about an 'Annual Changing of the Guard,' and your face is on... everything. What's that about, Asher?"

Nissa
nissa.png

Nissa cocked her head with a confused look on her face, "Elaenor? Who would that be?" Nissa thought out loud as she scratched her silver hair. She let out a small sigh, moving her tongue to one of her fangs as she tried to place the name. They didn't sound familiar to her in the slightest, the aspiring demon lord simply shrugged her shoulders as she turned to her guards each of them simply shook their heads. So much to do and so little time, she turned on her heel and headed back toward the ledge when she saw several figures approaching. She counted five at first and then recounted and came out to seven.

No one said math was her strong suit, and she let out a small sigh of annoyance. "Looks like some knights are passing through; let's give them a warm welcome now, shall we?" Nissa smirked as she grabbed her sword from beside the bird and put it back in its scabbard, and looked at the vampires around her 10 in number easily could outnumber the knights that were coming up the path. However, she wasn't thrilled about alerting others of her presence.
Vampire Honorguard.png

She moved toward the ledge as she drew her sword and waited for the knights to get a little bit closer. Looking over her shoulder she smirked as she and the others jumped off the ledge landing by the knights. "Well boys seems to be your unlucky day, you wouldn't happen to know who Elaenor is would you?" Nissa inquired as the 10 knights started to move to surround the knights.

Sepokku Sepokku Goran Glacial Goran Glacial The Last Curse The Last Curse

• Adrian sat a ways off the forest floor, perched on a tree branch looking down at passing prey as the sun disappeared over the horizon. Various woodland birds made their homes amongst the trees, though they may have been too small to truly be considered worth hunting. Making use of his vantage point, though, the Fae was able to keenly pick out several animals of a worthy size. The first to pass was a snow-white rabbit, its fur standing out as a stark contrast to the otherwise verdant woods, and true to the receptionist's word it was quite a plump bunny. The oversized animal shuffled about the undergrowth for some tiny, feasting on sprouting clovers as it did. It only ran away after being startled away by a proportionally large badger. To the best of Adrian's knowledge, the size of it meant it was either a truly massive normal badger or a very young dire badger.

The large mammal went about its business with a sort of bored ease, starting to dig into burrows it found only a few trees away from Adrian. Several deer watched the badger from a safe distance, some tree lengths away, one of which was a sizable buck with a fairly impressive rack of horns. However, the thing that most caught Adrian's attention was a large briar patch with two eyes glowing in the darkness, the creature inside seemed to be roughly of canine build. From that distance, though, it was hard to tell if they were truly glowing, or if it was simply a trick of the light. Regardless of what caused the glow, however, it made it apparent the eyes were trained on the badger.

On the very edge of his sightline, Adrian could also make out a lone crow, seemingly looking at him, just like the one that had been following him around earlier in the day, only this one was bone-white.

Last edited:
Hope.jpg

Hope eagerly nodded to Asher's explanation, eyes brightly glittering as he spoke. Adrenaline raced through her system when he mentioned a "Hero from another world." Did that mean what she thought it meant? Was there another person, alive or passed, that came here from another world? "Oh, my God..." Hope thought, feeling waves of apprehension beginning to shed off her psyche. Maybe it was just a fairy tale, some huge coincidence between her and a local legend. But what if it wasn't? What if there were folk like her, thrown into unfamiliar bodies from their comfortable worlds? What if she wasn't alone? "Wow! I-" Hope caught herself mid-sentence again. Stay on topic. Don't get too excited. Anything could ruin this feeling. Clearing her throat, she looked back to Asher, "I just never thought this place had so much history..." She sighed contentedly, "I've just been bouncing from place to place. It's good to finally... learn something for once. Thank you, Asher."

Weaving through town and still following beside Asher, the excitement behind her eyes never dimmed. Only when he announced his departure did Hope's shoulders sag a little. A shame; He'd been so generous, so much more thoughtful than most to a complete stranger. Good things never lasted, true, but it wouldn't have been too awful if he'd stayed a little longer. "Of course, don't let me keep you from the festival," Hope replied politely, "Thanks again, Asher. I'll see you around!" A smile resounded in her voice as she waved at him speeding away, "And for the record, I thought your singing was pretty great!"

Clutching onto the feather-shaped talisman, Hope quickly looked around her. Alone, but not entirely. She peered down at the charm, her eyes arching gleefully as she placed it in her cloak's pocket. She'd have to get this added to her catalyst later. But would that take a jeweler or an artificer? And were there any of those in this village?

She pushed the thought aside, squinting as Asher's words replayed in her head. Either Elisheba or the Village Elders would be a good place to go next. They'd know more about this Fae business. But which one first? "Maybe the Elders...?" She closed her eyes, forming an image of them inside her head. Old, definitely, wise, also definitely. And much like the old folk back home, maybe way too eager to talk about their past. Perfect! She'd be out of here in no time!

"Village Elders it is!" She muttered, starting off to look for directions. Another step closer to understanding this wacky world. A nice change of pace.

Nissa
nissa.png

Nissa glanced at the knights as they drew their swords so did her honor guard. She turned her attention to the woman and the knight she had her hand on. Nissa kept her sword at the ready as the woman started to speak. "From where I'm standing, seven humans are wandering around the outskirts of the town. You will have to forgive me if I don't think that is a tad strange," Nissa replied as the woman explained they were in the same predicament. "Though it does seem like there is much more going on here than would meet the eye," Nissa concluded as she ran her tongue against one of her fangs.

As the crow responded again, she clenched her jaw, wanting to stab the damn thing. Though she had a feeling if she did either it wouldn't die or another would replace it. When the man Ein had her hand on spoke, Nissa's gaze shifted to him as he introduced them both. "Never heard of this Royal line," Nissa paused for a moment as she nodded her head and the honor guard lowered their weapons. Her red eyes shifted between the two as Threnody proposed his offer. Nissa squinted her eyes for a moment when Ein then spoke up again.
Vampire Honorguard.png

"Very well, I will join this hunt for the time being, but I do have my own goals to accomplish here, mainly the capturing of more cattle," Nissa replied as she motioned her head toward the village in the distance. She then put her sword away before the rest of her guard followed suit.

"The name's Nissa, I'm aspiring to become the Demonlord, I will consider your proposal once this hunt had concluded," Nissa stated before letting out a small sigh as her guard then started to reform behind her. Though there was a hint of boredom behind her eyes.

~Adrian Banfield~
Adrian laid down on the branch hidden amongst the foliage chewing a leaf as he watched the the rabbit skedaddle before laying his eyes on the badger he thought it would make good prey before he noticed eyes from the brush watching it too. "Hmm" he thought "that seems kinda wolfish maybe I oughta see what happens when it pounces" he knew better then to strike the badger at the moment as the saying goes *the mantis stalks the cicada unaware of the oriole behind* and he rather be the oriole then the mantis any day. as he waited he noticed the white crow making him cock his head slightly. "thats one odd crow" he thought quite intrigued by its odd color of plumage. he wanted a feather but he knew better then to expose his position while hunting so he thought he should bide his time. so adrian waited for the badger to be pounced upon so that he could make his move continuing to chew a leaf.

• 2d1ecdbaba234ee45f05d70f8fc15d0d.jpg Adrian's patience was swiftly rewarded. A small distance away, the small white rabbit that had been startled away let out a shrill scream as it watched the badger get attacked. The beast that had been lurking in the briar patch bit deeply into the badger's flank, and though it was fairly dark by now, the animal was surely a wolf. Outraged, the badger flipped around, angrily doing its best to dislodge its lupine attacker.

It had no such luck. The wolf dug its fangs deeper into the badger, crimson fonts of blood staining the forest floor as they struggled. Desperately, the badger managed to slam the wolf into the tree Adrian was perched on, causing it to let out a yelp of pain and let go. In the distance, the bone-white crow let out a few raucous caws, flapping its wings as it sidled from one end of the branch it was perched on to the other.

Instead of being deterred, the wolf seemed only to get more upset. It let out a short howl, and a few moments later, a much louder howl could be heard, not far in the distance as it resounded throughout the forest; the sound of which caused the nearby birds that had been roosting for the night to panic and take flight in alarm. Oddly enough the white crow did not react right away, instead, it stared at the two animals on the ground before letting out a few angry-sounding caws. Then it disappeared. Adrian couldn't be sure, but it almost seemed to have teleported away.

On the ground, the wolf leaped forward, stopping its attack just shy of the badger, causing it to attempt to swipe at the wolf. In a blur, a large black shape barreled into the badger. Due to the darkness, it was hard to make out exactly what happened. However, the aftermath was clear. The badger lay on the ground, bloodied and unmoving. The large black blur that had attacked it could be heard loping away, further into the forest.

The wolf that remained, the one Adrian had been hunting, let out a yelp of delight and happily began to dig into the feast that lay before it. Curiously enough, Adrian would be able to find several oversized feathers near the badger and wolf.

Last edited:
Nissa
nissa.png

Nissa looked at Ein as she smiled, "Well I don't plan on harvesting them here, they will be coming back with me, but so long as reached an agreement, I suppose." Nissa turned to look at the village, closing her eyes and taking in a deep breath. She didn't perceive them to be a threat for the moment and was more focused on the village itself that they were close to. She brought her hand to her chin and rested her head in the palm of her hand as she gazed out into the night.

When the knight spoke, Nissa glanced back over her shoulder as he proposed an attack on the village. "Do you have any information on the village itself? Saying we have double the manpower doesn't mean anything if we don't use it efficiently. Intelligence wins the day over brute strength and superior weapons and armor," Nissa explained as Ein seemed surprised about the change in her captain's strategy.

As she was mentioned, she met the captain's gaze again, "So then we just have to strike hard and fast, though do you have any information on the champion itself?" Nissa turned to face the group again as the vampires found some tree cover and made a defensive formation as they waited for the next move to be decided on. "I don't care about this Eleanor either, though a mystery left unsolved would be rather annoying I suppose," she relented walking closer to the tentative allies.
Vampire Honorguard.png

As Elisheba was brought up Nissa cocked an eyebrow as the group seemed to know more than they were letting on. But at least in her mind that meant they had looked around at the village at the very least. "Well then I suppose things are going to be a lot more interesting," Nissa concluded as she rested her hands on her hips as she paced back and forth for a moment.

"I think if we move in tactically we could accomplish both, providing Ein and me can get to the apothecary and you all can hold off the guards until we get the information we are looking for," Nissa suggested as she glanced toward Ein and the captain to see what they thought about the idea. The plan would knock out several birds with a single stone.

Hope.jpg

As night began to fall, Hope kept her gaze low, carefully following the walkway. She felt her [Darkvision] adjust, a warm, tender sensation spreading from the back of her eyes, the encroaching darkness dissipating into illuminated clarity. Sighing exasperatedly, she rubbed away the soreness with the heels of her palms. Another annoying "quirk" that'd just popped out of nowhere - just like everything else with this weird body. Was this just a thing that happened to Fae here? More questions for the Elders, she supposed. They'd make this easier. They could finally make her understand.

Hope stood just outside a building a few moments later, peering cautiously into the roaring fireplace. Two voices were speaking inside; one kind of sounded like the campus cops back home. Deep, authoritative, not very friendly. Contemplating entering, a knot formed in her stomach, and a lump grew in her throat. "Just introduce yourself and ask your questions," Hope nodded to herself, "In and out. How bad could it possibly-" She almost shrieked as one of the voices started to address her. Never mind as a [Daughter of Source] but an Outsider, no less! Could they use appraisal too? How'd they figure it out so quickly? "O-oh!...Hi!" She squeaked, clumsily sliding into view, "I've...been wanting to talk to you, too! Um..." Hope paused, spotting the figure slink further into the building. A clear enough invitation to enter.

Legs growing wobbly, Hope followed into the flame-hit hall. She watched an elderly woman sit beside a council of seven, her eyes beginning to warily study all their faces. They'd all look the part: earnest, competent, resolute. Then there was the man with the cat ears. Hope almost gasped. Those ears with those muscles? So adorable! But that thought waned as soon as he started accusing. Hope winced at his scathing words, even more so as she'd heard the murmuring between the council. Everything about this was off to a bad start. They'd never give her answers like this. And after watching Grandmother Willow turn that man into a bird, that was it! She'd have to make a good impression!

"E-Excuse me, while it's true that I'm here for the festival, that isn't entirely why I'm in the See," Hope said as politely as she could, "There's still a lot of things I don't know. About the See. About being a Fae. Almost everything. I thought coming down here could help me re-connect." Nodding, she slipt one hand into her cloak, retrieving the charm Asher gave her, "I met with this boy earlier, Asher. He said you could tell me more about this village and Fae history. So, if you could please spare me your time. I'd love to hear all about it." Twiddling her fingers, she looked to Grandmother Willow, "Grandmother Willow, you were expecting me, you said?" She asked tentatively, "I'm here, and my ears are open. But what were you expecting me for? And how'd you know all that about me?" Then, with a short pause, her eyes shot open. Her name! She didn't tell them her name! "Oh! I-I'm sorry. Look at me asking questions," She curtsied to each council member, "I'm Hope. A great pleasure to meet you all!"

~Adrian Banfield~
Adrian watched in delight as the badger was killed, although curious about the white crow's conniption, adrian brushed it off while he focused on the wolf. Adrian grabbed ahold of his sorcerer's orb and aimed it at the wolf that was eating casting his shadow arrows from the tree branch just barely in range of his ten feet limit using magic targets he aimed for the head and torso of the wolf. afterwards he hopped down of the branch ready to use shadow punch if necessary. he wanted this kill and he will have it or be damned.

~Uses:
  • Shadow Arrows - Magic Affinity E, Shadow Affinity F, Magic Range F, Magic Targets F - Shoots arrows made of shadow at multiple targets, amount of targets depends on Magic targets, Range of shot depends on Magic Range - 1 post cooldown~

OOC: Sorry for the short delay, had to deep dive lore/rules a bit ><
  • A heavy barrage of umbral arrows erupted from the orb clutched in Adrian's hand, tearing fur and flesh from the wolf as they shredded its front; the casting was surprisingly more powerful than usual. The canine snarled at him, as blood fell from its muzzle, fangs bared in defiance despite its heavy wounds. However, it would quickly become apparent the dog was all bark and no bite, as only seconds after it would collapse from its wounds.

It heavily resembled some of the bounties that had been posted, but not the ones that made the creature out to be more fantastical; surely the beast that the town on alert could not have gone down so easily, or did Adrian simply find himself in the right place at the right time? Regardless, he would not get paid the bounty without at least bringing back proof of his kill.

It was quiet in the woods, the bodies of the wolf and the badger seeming to be the only nearby company. The black blur that had interceded on the wolf’s behalf disappeared as quickly as it had come, deep into the forest. The waxing moon lit up the night sky as it continued to rise over the Hamlet, slowly but surely. Sometime later, another howl cold be heard, in the direction the blur had raced off in.

Directly above Adrian, almost far enough up to be unnoticeable, stood a lone white crow, its eyes watching with keen interest.

Last edited:
~Adrian Banfield~
Adrian quite pleased with his kill, lit a cigarette taking a deep drag before opening his shadow pocket and pulling out the information on the wolf. he thought it too easy for something that terrorized the village but shrugged afterward, a kill was a kill and nothing was popping up in his danger sense so he was fine. however he got the feeling he was being watched still looking around he failed to notice the white crow up above, shrugging again he crouched down tearing a steaming piece off the badger that had no bones but possibly muscle and ate it. such was his habits while hunting before in another life as long as the corpse was still hot he had no fear of diseases when it cooled however was a different story. at the moment he was too weak to kill humans and other creatures of sentient intelligence but he would get stronger and eventually accomplish his mission to terrorize this new world. wrapping the corpses in leaves and vines he hung it over his shoulder as he trotted back to the village hopefully his kill could get him a cold mug of cheap ale or some other kind of cheap alcohol even if it wasn't the beast in the posters snuffing his cigerette before the village he made his way towards the hunting guild with a bit of skip in his step pocketing his orb in his pants pocket before entering he went to see how much he could get for the wolf and badger both.

Hope.jpg

Flickers of wonder and amazement glimpsed on Hope's face as she looked to the ceiling. She nodded knowingly as shadows danced about, forming figures and displaying countless years of history. Goosebumps formed on her skin. It didn't make sense. She'd never heard of this tale before. But something about this just felt right. Nostalgic, even. As if the knowledge was there, somewhere inside her. Pitch-black hands trembling, Hope looked down at them in the darkness. Still unfamiliar - still so weird. But there was history underneath that skin, wrapped in a past of unrivaled chaos, magic, and...weirdness? Flexing her fingers, Hope chuckled to herself slightly. Probably not the best way to summarize. At least she was learning something.

As the story moved on to Le Fay and the Hero, Hope looked more inquisitively into the manipulated shadows. Focusing on the tenebrous pair of wings forming in the center, her heart began to race. The hero, an outsider, was capable of saving the entire See? When they weren't even from this world? How? Puzzled, she looked down at her catalyst, slowly twisting the brilliant jewel between her fingers. Did the hero have powers, too? Some supernatural ability or weapon bestowed on them when they came to this world? Were they meant to save the See? Hope paused as the questions reverberated in her head. Answers, she needed answers.

Before she could ask, a piercing howl from somewhere in the woods made her jump. Hope looked to Grandmother Willow with widened eyes as she stood from her seat. Curious enough that she'd wanted an escort after that ghastly howl, but she also seemed completely unfazed. Maybe she'd gotten used to it. Or whatever was out there wasn't all that bad. Both options made this a lot less scary. "O-of course! It'd be my pleasure, Grandmother Willow!" Hope said, recovering from her stupor and moving to Willow's side, "After everything I've learned, that's the least I could do." Then, looking at the council, she said, "Thank you all for having me. I didn't mean to intrude like this, but at least I left with something new. Have a wonderful festival."

On the way to the northern end of the village, dutifully walking beside Grandmother Willow, Hope fiddled with her catalyst. So many questions to be asked. Where could she start? "Grandmother Willow?" She looked to the elderly fae, warmness in her eyes, "That tale was amazing. Really insightful. I didn't know we had all this history!" Hope said dreamily, "But I want to hear more about this hero. What they're like, what they did, where they are now," She caught her breath momentarily before a scene replayed in her mind. Slowly, Hope looked back to Grandmother Willow, a hint of uncertainty clouding her enthusiasm, "But wait, you said I was a hero before saying everything. I'm... not really sure what that entails."

Nissa
nissa.png

Nissa nodded her head as the group started to move along the path, though it didn't seem like the knight captain didn't seem too thrilled about the plan. But he seemed more than glad to take the group that way; when the group started to move, Nissa motioned for her guards to follow. I wish we knew more about this champion, but I suppose we will find out one way or another, She thought to herself, clasping her hands behind her back.
Vampire Honorguard.png

Nissa made sure to keep her eyes toward the village as she didn't want them to see the group. The vampires would no doubt certainly gain a lot of attention and she wasn't one to ruin a surprise. So for the time being at least she figured it was best to keep a low profile keeping a safe distance from the village as they followed the knights. She brought her hand up to her chin as her mind started to wonder, But I still wonder what this whole crow business is there is still too many unknowns. Looking around she eventually shrugged as they paused for a moment along the road.

That was when the knives started to fly out from the north, "From the North about a hundred yards! Honor guards follow me." Nissa commanded as she drew her blade and surged forward attempting to use the trees as cover trying to get into range where she could fire off a spell or engage in melee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back