• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Crossed Wires

Faye tilted her head, looking innocently at him.

"Of course," Faye said. "I've got a lot of projects that I'm working on in there, but they don't take up too much space. There's enough room to set up a table to play on."

"Then let's go!" Macrov said with a bit of enthusiasm, leading the way, "I am going the right way correct?"

"Yeah, my room is the one on the right," Faye replied. "My brother's room is across from mine, but I think he's out at the moment."

She followed him, pleased by his excitement.

"awesome," He went in and looked around at the projects strewn everywhere. "I knew you said you had a lot but this is... a lot lot."

Faye shrugged as she shut the door behind them.

"Well some of this is a single project broken down into multiple parts," she said. "Just be careful not to knock anything over and it'll be fine."

She smiled as him before going to set up the table for them to play on.

Macrov carefully maneuvered himself, "If this is what you do I do not believe I can fathom what your father does," He said as he sat down.

Faye laughed a little at the comment.

"This is nothing," she said. "Both my father and brother are-"

Faye paused as the door swung open to reveal her brother Seth. The blond teen leaned against the doorframe, eyeing them for a moment. He wore a gray jumpsuit as pants, having tied the top half around his waist, and used only a tightly fitted undershirt as a shirt. His hair was disheveled and his clothing was stained with oil in several places. Seth also appeared a bit sweaty, as though he'd been exercising. Though really, he had been welding, and his welding goggles were still strapped around his neck.

"Hey. Thought I heard you come in," he remarked, looking at Faye before glancing at Marcov. "Who're you?"

Macrov was a bit taken back by the sudden appearance of the disheveled, greasy, and admittedly attractive looking male; he composed himself, "My name is Macrov Volvinov; my reputation may or may not precede me," He said flashing a smile as he held out his hang, glad the sleeves of his blue dress shirt were rolled up so he didn't have to get grease on them. "I met your charming sister at class today," He said explaining how the two met.

"Huh," Seth said simply, looking at Marcov's extended hand suspiciously. He wiped his hands of on the rag he held, then draped it over his shoulder before clasping Marcov's hand. "Never heard of you. Nice to meet you, or whatever..."

He glanced at Faye.

"You guys working on a school project or something?" he asked.

"Marcov is showing me how to play chess," Faye said cheerfully.

"Chess?" Seth asked, raising an eyebrow at Marcov. "Is that so?"

"Indeed- I run the chess club and she's not half bad at it. Not as good as me, but I am the President, I ought to be able to defend my title," He laughed goodnaturedly. He looked Seth up and down, "So your project going well?"

"More or less," Seth said with a shrug and a slight smirk. "I managed to avoid slicing of my hand, so that's a plus. There's still a lot to do on it though."

Macrov raised an eyebrow, "Well that is good I suppose," He said with a smile. "Care to join us or you busy with your project?"

Seth folded his arms across his chest, looking over at Marcov. He still was fairly suspicious of his sister's new friend, but he decided better of mentioning that. At least for now.

"Unless the rules have changed since the last time I played, chess is a two person game," Seth replied.

"Technically," Macrov shrugged, "Was just being polite really, I wasn't entirely sure you'd agree at all to begin with. You seem rather busy with whatever it is you are making."

"I don't appreciate your being disingenuous," Seth replied, shrugging right back. "If you think I'm leaving you alone in the room with my sister, you're sorely mistaken. I run my own schedule, I've got time."

He sat down on the bed and swung his legs up to stretch out, folding his arms casually behind his head as he made himself comfortable. Faye simply let out a sigh.

"Darn it Seth, Iย justย washed the sheets," she complained, though didn't seem all that frustrated with him. She was fairly used to his behavior after all. Instead, she sat down at the table where they would be able to set up their chess game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back