• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Crime/Action 1x1

SweaterJane

I am okay with being okay.
In the damp, cold and windy city of Glasshill, crime is at an all time high. Dr. Alexander Nazarov has taken it upon himself to tend to the wounds and dirty work of the Russian mob. Only recently back into the game of becoming a hired hit man, his father has hired a partner to watch over his son.

Marigold Hunter sat in the corner of the dimly lit ristorante, waiting and sipping hot tea. Her new partner was due to arrive any moment, and she was eager get to work. She'd heard he was effective but had baggage, so they brought her on as a kind of nanny and assistant. This really chapped her ass, as she was used to a more active role. Ah well, business is business, just need him to arrive....

Alex walked out of his practice, lighting up a cigarette in the cold damp street of Glasshill. His brows furrowed as his shoes sloshed in the slushy snow on the curb. Leaning against his car, puffing on the cancer stick, his dark green eyes surveyed the passing people of the night. His father, Vladmir Nazarov of the Nazarov family, known for their organized crime, had told him his partner would meet him after work. His left hand shift into his deep pocket of the old, worn leather jacket he sported. A smoke filled huff escaped his lungs. This wasn't going to be his first kill. He'd only stepped away from crime to go to medical school. As far as Alex thought, he didn't need a partner.

His phone buzzed in his pocket. A text from his brother Terry showed him an address. This was where he was to meet the partner. Walking a few blocks, the tall, muscular man let himself into the dimmed warmth of the restaurant, kicking the slush off his boots at the doorstep. A bell rang as he push the door open and looked around.

Marigolds eyes flew to the door and instantly recognized her contract from his description. She lifted her lighter and lit a slim Turkish cigarette, tapping the shiny black chrome on her table twice to signal him over. He was not unimpressive in a physical way, but his eyes gave away a certain pain, a distraction buried in his mind, like a thorn in his paw. She could see why they wanted her along. Capable but absent indeed. She blew a stream of smoke at him as he approached....

Alex's eyes set a distant glare as he walked over and someone bumped into him. They scurried off with haste. As he sat down and bat at the bellows of smoke being blown towards him, he let out a soft hmph and crossing his arms, scanning her face up and down. He did not expect a woman. He'd seen them in this area of work before, but he'd never actually associated with one. "Privet.." he muttered and leaned forward. His greeting was less than humble, but not rude. He reached into his jacket and pulled out a large yellow envelop, sliding it across the table to her gently. It contained their target. A bar tender and ex-member of the mob, also a notorious rat. Not long ago he gave an "anonymous" lead to the police, getting three men put behind bars and a shipment of guns and women taken from underneath the business' feet. He was meant to pay tonight.

Marigold set her cigarette aside and took the envelope, scanning the contents. Fairly straight forward business; ice a rat, make it subtle, don't get caught. Easy, peasy.

"This should be no problem," she said in slightly accented Russian, giving away her American heritage. "I have a car and I assume you are already equipped for the job? Or do we need to acquire you some hardware, tall drink of water?" She smiled slightly and took a drag off her cigarette, letting the smoke drift idly up from her lips to obscure her face.

Alex shook his head, "That isn't all..". He reach in his jacket again, pulling out another envelope and tossing it across the table as he lean back in his chair. The contents revealed three SUVs parked in the alley next to the bar. Each one was stuffed full of men. It was from another business. Italians. The Motellano family had payed the rat to squeal and promised protection in return. " They've been there for a week and a half. There's another son of a bitch feeding information back to them about us. About our...", he paused and looked around. The place was too busy for anyone to hear him, "...plans. They're on some kind of high alert, but the longer we leave this rat the fatter it'll get. More information could be leaked, the harder it'll be to catch him. ". His hands dipped into his pockets, fumbling with his lighter inside.

Marigold studied the pictures and pondered for a moment. At least a dozen men, armed and prepared to protect their source, three vehicles, most likely armored, and only one visible entrance and exit, both likely to be guarded with men, cameras, locks. This would not be so simple an in and out after all, it seemed.

"Very well, do you have a plan, comrade? I have a few ideas, but if you have something more subtle in mind than C4 or an RPG, I'm all ears." She tapped ash off her butt and pondered her new charge. He seemed uneasy, but just about her, not the job. Well, boo-hoo for him, she had to work too.

His hands left his deep pockets and landed on the table, open in a gesture that he was ready to elaborate. "I no plan, but we have to be stealthy. They know my face. And if you were contacted any earlier than three days ago to work with us, they know yours too. There no way we'll get in there without being killed if we just walk on in.".

His eyes narrowed as he look at the upside down pictures, laying across the table from him. There was an apartment above the bar. Probably owned by the Bar owner/tender. Even if it wasn't, it was an indirect entrance. He tapped the picture, pointing at the windows. "There must be a fire escape.". Fire.

"What if we set fire to a near by bar? Nothing big, just enough to set off some bells and hurt a few people. I've heard from a source they're affiliated. His brother-in-law owns it.". He sat forward a little, lowering his deep voice, "They'll think the attack is targeted there. Or even at least think we're attacking his brother in knowledge of his protection... ". His voice trailed off, hoping Marigold would pick up where he was taking this.

"Ah maybe they'll try and whisk him to safety, exposing him to the open night on his brief journey down the fire escape. I see now. Well, then choose. We can set up above with silenced sidearms, or across the way with longarms, either way I'm ready. What is your preference, comrade? Close and personal, or distant and anonymous?"

She stubbed the butt of her cigarette and stared at him. So brooding, but not incapable. If he could only lay his burden aside, he'd be a true asset, but his melancholy nature was indeed a drawback.

The man sat back again, pursing his lips in thought. "Alright..", he nodded, " Distant. It's cleaner.". His eyes flashed to the table then back to her. The chip in his shoulder was obvious, and could come across as a weakness, but he refused to let it be such a thing. Brushing his emotions away to remain stone faced. "I'm ready to go when you are. ".

A waiter approached the table, with a well rehearsed smile and sense of cheerfulness in his voice he asked, " Is there anything I could assist you with, ma'am? Sir?". His eyes flashed between the two Russians, sitting at the table, discreetly plotting murder.

Alex shook his head, shooting a look to Marigold. He was ready to make this hit and the sooner, the better.

"Nyet, we are leaving." She left a few dollars on the table and led the way out. She was in a non-descript large dark blue sedan and settled into the drivers seat as Nick climbed in beside her.

"I believe I have everything we need in the trunk. A rifle, scoped and zeroed in, a couple submachine guns for self protection, a few grenades, flashbangs, and even a few incendiary devices to start the fire. Do you want to be in close to get the blaze going, or down the street to take the shot? I'm fully capable of either if you find yourself... unable to perform a particular task."

Alex brow moved from it's permanent furrowed state and raised as he looked at Marigold. Unable? He was more than able. "I'm able to do either.. ". He smirked, but just barely. He was born competitive. If Alex had felt anyone had underestimated him, he'd be sure to do everything he could to prove them wrong and then some.

"Set up on the roof, and I'll join you there.". He nodded towards the street that held the bars, sitting up and resting his hand on the door handle, ready to get out and start this whole scene.

See you tomorrow, Nick! :wink:

"The roof, eh?" Marigold shook her head. No wonder they brought her on. Looks like this guy has some kind of death wish, or worse, he actually doesn't care. Wanting to live makes you more careful, more calculating. A person with no care as to their own survival could be risky.

Alex watched her shake her head and sighed. So picky. Women. "Yes, the roof. Across the street on top of that convenience store. What's so wrong with that?". He looked at the store, then back to her, almost glaring. His resting face was angry, so it seemed as though he was always in a terrible mood or giving glances of disapproval, but this look was clearly one of skepticism.

*sorry if the post is short. Writing from my phone while I'm at the skate park haha*

"Oh no, nothing wrong with it at all. I simply assumed you'd want the kill shot. Or will you be doing a bit of daring-do and sweeping in with your guns blazing while I nip at the crowd with my rifle? I'm simply trying to establish what you consider to be a firm strategy that ends with both of us uninjured and the rat dead. I'm not just here to hold your hand and provide backup, Nick. I'm here to keep you safe, especially from yourself."

From himself? Alex frowned, setting his jaw and waiting for Marigold to park the car so he could get out. Did his father send a babysitter with him? Stepping out of the sedan, he ducked his head back in, staring Marigold down with his dark green eyes.

"Shoot the rat and anyone else you feel the need to. I have the rest.". His voice was eerily calm. Alex was clearly already frustrated with the situation and to hang about any longer would just make it worse.

Marigold nodded and brought the car around the alley. She retrieved her rifle and a few other goodies and made her way to the roof.

As sh laid out her equipment, she pondered Nick. He was effective, from what she had been told, but his deteriorating mental state was raising questions about his motivation and methods. So here she was, back in blasted freezing weather, cheek pressed against a rifle, covering some insane Russian's ass. At least she was being paid well.

Alex walked into the bar across the street from Marigold. The loud, easy going atmosphere fell silent with tension as soon as the brooding man entered. Heads turned and threw him menacing looks. They knew who he was. The rat's in-law had cover too. An Italian guard snuck up from behind, wrapping a thick arm around Alexander's neck, attempting to pull him back. Alex wrapped an arm around the man's torso and flung him against the window.

He reached to his side and pulled out a gun that had been hidden underneath his leather jacket. Two shots were unloaded into man pressed against the window. Everybody was in shock. Two more men charged towards him, only to get a shot in the knee cap and fall to the floor in pain. "Anybody else?", he called out, making his way to the counter. His arm reached over, grabbing a couple bottles of alcohol. Opening the first one, he began to pour it all over the bar, making a trail to the door with the next, pulling out some matches, and tossing a lit pack onto the trail to start a blaze as he walk out, taking a sip of whiskey he had stole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back