Video Games Create A Region Variant (Pokemon)

billthesomething

Four Thousand Club
Since the release of Sun & Moon, I have been thinking about region variants, but not only those from the Alola Region but how Pokemon would look like in a region based on locations like maybe Iceland, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, Australia.

So, I decided to share some of my ideas for regional variants

So I had two specific evolution lines in mind and how they would react to a region based on Iceland

Cubchoo & Beartic
For this line, I believe they would change from being pure ice type over to either water/ice type. You see Polar bears aren't native to Iceland, However, it's not completely rare to encounter them here. You see sometimes Polar Bears will swim all the way from either Greenland or the North-Pole, So the idea is that in Pokemon Beartic would swim to this region, causing the ice in their fur to melt from all the salt causing their fur to take on a wet look (With the fur covering their eyes and looking waterlogged) at first, but as they stay in the region the ice begins to grow back in patches and then resume melting causing the Beartic to be constantly followed by a trail of slush.

Slugma & Magcargo
I believe these guys would become Fire/Water & Ice/Fire Type respectively, Iceland has an absolute butt-ton of geysers, Volcanos and is one of the countries capable of effectively relying on thermal energy, So my idea is that Magcargo becomes covered in ice (This being based on the fact that there is a volcano under one Iceland's glaciers) and Slugma have changed into Fire/Water because of having taken residence in the geysers, I had thought of maybe Torkoal or Camerupt with the whole volcano under ice concept. but seeing how neither Camels or Tortoises are native to the country I thought it wouldn't make as much sense.

So what are you're ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back