• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help "Cover Photo" problems

Mx.Trinity

Pro Stranger
Tell me if you can see a difference in the same image with this image:

full

To me the top one (that's my cover photo currently) the colors look darker, and I thought it was the theme but I've changed it and the colors are still less vibrant like there's a filter over the cover photo. This was the original reason I changed the photo in the first place because the last cover I had was pure white with an orange sun in the middle, but when I looked at my profile it wasn't white anymore it was like a dull gray.

So is there any way around this? Am I missing something? If you look at deer deer 's profile on different themes you can see the cover image gets darker on one of the theme but looks normal on the color me theme/default theme. So I'm just... super confused right now.

Cover photos have a translucent black layer over them. That was intentionally added by the theme/cover photo add-on designers, it pushes the cover photo into the background and emphasizes the user's avatar.

Or it could just be compression being a bitch.

Cover photos have a translucent black layer over them. That was intentionally added by the theme/cover photo add-on designers, it pushes the cover photo into the background and emphasizes the user's avatar.

I think on the Color Me themes it's a compression issue. But I'm not all that tech savvy X3

I think on the Color Me themes it's a compression issue. But I'm not all that tech savvy X3

I just don't understand why it happens for one user but not another. Like with crucialstar, it doesnt happen with her cover on ALL themes, but for mine it does. welian welian Fable Fable

Without looking at the style source code, my best guess is that Color Me analyzes the profile image (checking things like color balance, saturation, etc.) and then chooses to enable or disable a cover if a certain threshold is crossed (perhaps to make the contrast less jarring). The default theme on the other hand doesn't do this, or if it does its criteria are different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back