Votes: 2 66.7%
  • outfit 3

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • my idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Midnightchan123

the Melon Lord!
So I love cosplay and for his birthday my boyfriend wants to do Link from botw in the Vai outfit and he wants me to do Mipha, which I am excited over! I'm going to do Mipha in a humanized form (just easier for me at the moment then doing a full on zora) and I had several ideas I wanted to do but I just can't decide, please note: all of these ideas will include a wig from either arda or epic cosplay wigs and each outfit has the blue top wrap thing she wears and all jewelry included

outfit 1: I'd get a long sleeved top in red and sew on a white front for the natural colors (something like nylon) make the fin like pieces out of some form of plastic or foam (not sure which) then for the front I'd get a long red skirt slitted up to about mid thigh on both legs and red leggings or tights (with the leggings I'd find a pair of shoes that will fit and with the tights I'd choose a thicker kind and just put some kind of flipflop/sole on the inside) and get body makeup and a sealant to do the face and hands so that they dont look out of place

outfit 2: a corset dress with long sleeves and a short front skirt that gets longer in the back, the fin pieces would be sewn into the dress out of fabric (this would be the more expensive option and would probably look out of place next to my boyfriend but I really want to do it)

outfit 3: a one piece bunny suit type thing with some tights, ballet flats and long, opera style gloves, will probably make the fin like pieces out of either some light cloth (think like a silk scarf) or make them out of foam, add elastic covered in ribbon and slide them on like that.

willing to take suggestions of course, these are all going to be form fitting considering that Mipha doesn't really wear any clothes herself

To be honest, I would go with what you want to do. It make look out of place, but do you. Cosplay is all about what you want and what you like. Trust me. As a cosplayer I understand wanting to match the group, but standing out makes me feel as though my efforts are actually worth it a little more than falling in line. Although, if you want to match the BF, go with the first, and make the second as just a "I wanna show this off". I like the idea of the first 2, but the last seems like something anyone could do. So, challenge yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back