Science Cosmic Theory - An Idea

Malphaestus

Touched by the Apocalypse
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So. I've been thinking about one particular matter as of late, and its implications seemed valid enough to at least advertise the idea and concept to anyone who might be interested. For those with a scholarly touch and academic knowledge, feel free to disprove or argue for my thought with adequate references. I don't really take well to opinion-based scientific talk without adequate backbone or foundation, as most academics I assure you.

Right, so at present there are three prevailing thoughts on the cosmos and how it functions at the most foundational level; it was born from a big bang, and will either end in a big rip (due to infinitely increasing speed of rupture thanks to dark energy, or a heat death caused by the lack of any form of definite ending, therefore ultimately ending with the universe being infinitely lifeless as a result of eventual death of black holes (the longest lasting cosmic presences in the universe).

So I thought that maybe heat was somehow a source for the expansion of the universe, like how heat makes electrons agitated. Those of you who known Thermal Agitation and its implications may further expand or subtract on this idea. My particular focus wasn't exactly in that area of physics, so my knowledge is only introductory at best but it seemed like a solid foundation.

Now if we assume this to be correct, as you'd have to in order to produce a more overarching theory, then wouldn't that mean that dark energy is the result, and therefore the universe's increasing expansion in addition, is the result of heat, or something functioning in a similar notion as heat, within the universe? So, the hotter the universe is, the faster it expands in this case. We know the universe is expanding at an ever increasing rate. Ergo it should be logical to assume that, based on what I laid out before, this expansion is prompted by the heat buildup within the universe.

Now, that all sounds valid enough from my own perspective, but what causes the heat? Why, I believe it is all the stars, nebulae, and other similar objects that seem to litter our known universe. As more suns are born, so too is the universe expanding faster. Due to the immense lifespans of stars, it should also be reasonable to assume that the loss/birth ratios would be rather favourable to my idea as well.

Now comes the implications of heat death. As heat death is effectively the opposite prospect of what I mentioned before, a cold object or environment should, in theory, shrink in accordance. As the absolute minimum temperature in the universe is fixed far below the absolute maximum heat, the shrinking process might even be vastly slower than the expansion process due to factors of magnitude, but this is merely hypothesis and less based on any experimentation.

So, upon heat death, the universe would theoretically retract, and ultimately end in the big crunch; where the entire universe retracts upon itself. During this process, I think there is some reason to believe that the universe would invert upon itself, and as it is immensely cold, that cold is transfered into heat, and the big bang begins anew. Infinite Universe Theory.

What do you guys think? Is this a sensible idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back