• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Conversations

Daeus

Null
So, I'm still a n00b when it comes to this site's functions since there isn't a nifty little wiki with all the answers. (Would the site admins mind if I actually made a wikia?)

So, questions.

1. Are conversations on this site basically the private messaging system?

2. Are those who are not in a conversation able to read the conversation of others?

3. Are we able to delete conversations? I know we can leave them, but I prefer to just delete old conversations for organization.

I think I may be right regarding these answers. Hopefully should be.

1. Conversations are pretty much private messages, yes, to the point where some refer to them as "pm" anyway.

2. No, people who haven't been included in a conversation read those of others.

3. Selecting "Leave Conversation" will remove the conversation from your conversations tab. Selecting either option for accepting new messages once you've left it or ignoring them will remove the conversation.

Once again, I think this is right, but I could be wrong. If I am, hopefully someone will correct me.

Daeus said:
So, I'm still a n00b when it comes to this site's functions since there isn't a nifty little wiki with all the answers. (Would the site admins mind if I actually made a wikia?)
So, questions.

1. Are conversations on this site basically the private messaging system?

2. Are those who are not in a conversation able to read the conversation of others?

3. Are we able to delete conversations? I know we can leave them, but I prefer to just delete old conversations for organization.
Zakkol said:
I think I may be right regarding these answers. Hopefully should be.
1. Conversations are pretty much private messages, yes, to the point where some refer to them as "pm" anyway.

2. No, people who haven't been included in a conversation read those of others.

3. Selecting "Leave Conversation" will remove the conversation from your conversations tab. Selecting either option for accepting new messages once you've left it or ignoring them will remove the conversation.

Once again, I think this is right, but I could be wrong. If I am, hopefully someone will correct me.
This is right.

The software we use, Xenforo calls them conversations instead of PMs, because you can include more then one person unlike traditional PM systems like most softwares.

But they are between you and the person you invite.

You can remove your self from conversations, its the same as deleting them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back