• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Confused & Bruised

deathworm

hippie scum
I don't really do BBcode, so sorry this isn't pretty or w/e. This is a rough idea, but I'll flesh it out more if there's any interest. I've been listening to too much folk punk and I wanna do a rp about rebellious teens, so here we are.

When most people think of boarding school, they think of rich kids, uniforms, and beautiful grounds covered in trees older than anyone on campus.
Dunedin Prep School has the uniforms but not much else. A school for ‘troubled youth’, Dunedin is a last resort for kids and parents at the end of their ropes- when no one else will take them, Dunedin promises to turn a child into a functional member of society. Their plan for that involves taking a bunch of juvenile delinquents, locking them in drab buildings in the midwest, and punishing them at random. The curriculum is lacking, the food is unidentifiable, and the students are a bunch of angry assholes. The staff isn’t much better.
Naturally tensions build. Forced together by their circumstances, a group of students bands together to fight back against the oppressive administration. But it’s not enough and after their petty pranks and strikes produce nothing they decide it’s time to get more drastic- it’s time to escape.

TL; DR- a bunch of kids at a boarding school for troubled youth take arms against their captors and finally decide to run away.

General site rules apply, obvi. In addition-
1. Don’t be a dick.
2. Don’t be unrealistic. Yes, your character is troubled and probably has a criminal past. They haven’t murdered anyone, they weren’t the prodigy kingpin of a massive gang, they aren’t a serial killer. They’re a kid with issues lashing out at the world, not a super villain.

This sounds like a great idea, and I for one would love to join in if it ever gets up off the ground! ^.^

Hello, I am new, still trying to figure out how this site works.
This idea is very interesting, I would love to join in if there is a spot available!

Interested if you're still taking people but I appreciate that you've had a lot of interest already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back