Confederate States of America

I think I want to join this as either a successful Incan Empire or a still-standing Holy Roman Empire.

I think the latter is more agreeable. When I do this I think that, if I don't restrict this to a somewhat more 'modern' divergence, where most nations of the world look like they do now, it wouldn't be too recognizable. Of course, it's already going to be crazy, but I think you get what I mean.

Of course, you can provide a good counter argument if you want.

I think the latter is more agreeable. When I do this I think that, if I don't restrict this to a somewhat more 'modern' divergence, where most nations of the world look like they do now, it wouldn't be too recognizable. Of course, it's already going to be crazy, but I think you get what I mean.

Of course, you can provide a good counter argument if you want.

I think I'll go Holy Roman. 

I think I'll go Holy Roman. 

I've picked up on some hostile Mexican-Confederate relations by the way. I was on this alternate history channel and the guy mentioned that the South was attempting to further destabilize the country during the Civil War.

I've picked up on some hostile Mexican-Confederate relations by the way. I was on this alternate history channel and the guy mentioned that the South was attempting to further destabilize the country during the Civil War.

What's the agreed-upon history of Europe so far? 

Nations without much player intervention would largely do what they historically do. Many historical inventions I believe should also occur in the countries of which they were actually invented. Aside from the atom bomb in America. Germany would probably become an atomic power first.

Currently, the only player involvement in Europe is a massive trading relationship with the Confederacy, and the import of ships and mostly British weapons to my nation.

That would obviously make Britain and France more prosperous.

I was reading up on the economy of the South in general and it indicates slaves in factories were profitable too, just undervalued by slave owners.

I was reading up on the economy of the South in general and it indicates slaves in factories were profitable too, just undervalued by slave owners.

Your country man. 

Anyways, what I've basically got for Holy Rome is that in the 1300's there's an internal power struggle in the Empire (which was more of a loose confederation) and the Pope excommunicates the Holy Roman Emperor and assumes the title himself. The clergy assumes power in the Diet and replaces most of the minor principalities of the Empire with bishoprics. 

As the decades proceed, the power of the secular political rulers in Holy Rome decreases until the Kings of Austria and Germany take up arms against the Papacy and lose to Papal forces, ceding their power to the Pope in exchange for the absolution of their sins. 

I'm not sure how to treat the Reformation, because that seriously impacts everything else in the world. But if I allow it to happen, it makes keeping the Empire together less probable. 

Your country man. 

Anyways, what I've basically got for Holy Rome is that in the 1300's there's an internal power struggle in the Empire (which was more of a loose confederation) and the Pope excommunicates the Holy Roman Emperor and assumes the title himself. The clergy assumes power in the Diet and replaces most of the minor principalities of the Empire with bishoprics. 

As the decades proceed, the power of the secular political rulers in Holy Rome decreases until the Kings of Austria and Germany take up arms against the Papacy and lose to Papal forces, ceding their power to the Pope in exchange for the absolution of their sins. 

I'm not sure how to treat the Reformation, because that seriously impacts everything else in the world. But if I allow it to happen, it makes keeping the Empire together less probable. 

I was thinking you meant roughly when Italy united and the Pope was the prisoner in the Vatican. That you wanted to form something during that. Can't you start changing history from that point and basically become Italy? Because otherwise you would basically have the German Empire, plus lands from the French, Italians, and a chunk I believe of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The limit I think would be ideal would be 1800 and up to the present date, basically a year or two before the real world outbreak of WW1.

Last edited by a moderator:
So has this started, or nah?

If you want though you can provide what you really want to change about Canada to make it a dictatorship. Something I doubt that would peacefully happen because of Britain.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking you meant roughly when Italy united and the Pope was the prisoner in the Vatican. That you wanted to form something during that. Can't you start changing history from that point and basically become Italy? Because otherwise you would basically have the German Empire, plus lands from the French, Italians, and a chunk I believe of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The limit I think would be ideal would be 1800 and up to the present date, basically a year or two before the real world outbreak of WW1.

What if the Coalition defeats Napoleon at Australitz? Then Francis II doesn't abdicate and Napoleon doesn't dissolve the HRE's northern territories into the French satellite The Rhine Confederation. In exchange for their assistance in defeating Napoleon, Hamburg and some other Northern German territories are ceded to Prussia, but the HRE retains its hold on northern Italy, southern Germany, and Austria. So basically it has the territory of Austria-Hungary, plus some of Germany and Italy and minus A-H's Balkan territories. 

What if the Coalition defeats Napoleon at Australitz? Then Francis II doesn't abdicate and Napoleon doesn't dissolve the HRE's northern territories into the French satellite The Rhine Confederation. In exchange for their assistance in defeating Napoleon, Hamburg and some other Northern German territories are ceded to Prussia, but the HRE retains its hold on northern Italy, southern Germany, and Austria. So basically it has the territory of Austria-Hungary, plus some of Germany and Italy and minus A-H's Balkan territories. 

Ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back