• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Commonwealth: Mists of Trepidation Settings

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Giyari

Magical_Girl.exe
Roleplay Type(s)
Commonwealthbanner1.png

Table of Contents
Disclaimer: The origins of this RPs setting

Rules: The guidelines I expect all players to abide by in this RP.

Superpowers: Some background information on superpowers and how they work in this setting

Organisations: The outlines of which factions will appear in this story

Locations: Notable locations this RP may visit often.

History: A overview of events so far within the Rp's lore

Disclaimer
Commonwealth is set within the Aegis universe, and is a Spin-off of the Aegis: Training Facility 108 Hosted Project run by Welian. It is the third roleplay set within the Aegis universe, and the second on RPNation.

Last edited:

Rules
By joining this roleplay, you agree to follow these rules, and understand that I can and will invoke my rights as Game Master to remove anyone who blatantly disregards them.

Game Master Rights
As the main GM of this roleplay, I hereby expressly reserve the right to remove anyone from this roleplay for any reason. I will especially remove you if you happen to be making the roleplay experience unpleasant for other people, are being unfair to others, or if you just drop off the face of the planet.

These rules are subject to modification as the roleplay continues, however, I will make an effort to announce when the rules have been updated.

General Guidelines
Play nice. This means that you should be mindful of when and where you use sarcasm, and that you should strive to be upfront with your fellow players when you disagree with something. I will not allow resentment and passive aggressive behaviors in Commonwealth.

Read everything in the thread you're in. This includes posts that aren’t directly relevant to your character, because an event may be happening nearby that may be important to react to.

Players must make the initiative to be involved and active in the story. I will try my best to give new players an opening, or to direct them to one, but after that it is on you as the player to keep up. Passive and reactionary characters are not going to cut it unless you put in the effort to toss them into the fray and get them involved. If no one seems to notice or interact with your character, it is up to you to change that. Either ask other players in the OOC, or make an impression in character.

Joining and Leaving
Players wishing to join Commonwealth have to go through a short approval process, which involves you posting your intent to join in the OOC, and the GM (myself) snooping around your profile. You'll probably be accepted, unless your post history paints you as rude, horribly cringey, or a troll.

Once you're approved, you can begin working on your first character. New players are expected to submit a character within a week or so of being approved, however, things happen and I don’t mind giving extensions so long as you’re upfront and honest.

Details on character creation are in the opening post of the Profiles thread, under the Creation Rules accordion.

If, for any reason, you would like to drop the roleplay, please send me a message or let us know in the OOC thread so that we can work out how to write away your character. Although it's not required, it would be appreciated if you let us know why you're leaving. Players who notify me when they leave the roleplay are permitted to rejoin Commonwealth at a later date. Players who simply ghost it without a word will not be allowed to rejoin.

Inactivity
If you have not posted in-character in one week, any player waiting on you is permitted to skip over you to continue the scene.

If I have not heard from you in four weeks (no OOC messages, PMs, or activity), I will send you an official PM stating that you have been dropped from the roleplay due to inactivity. You will not be allowed to rejoin the roleplay.

If you are unable to be active but make the effort to get in contact with me to let me know, your inactivity will be forgiven. You may be dropped from the roleplay for the time being, but your character profile will remain, and you will be allowed to rejoin at a later date.

Posting
This is a Detailed roleplay, which means I expect around 2-3 paragraphs per post. You don't have to write any more than this but if you want to then that's fine too. Try not to get too long winded though, I don't want to read a novel. I don't expect posts to be completely technically accurate, but I would appreciate it if your posts are in English, third person, use full sentences, have been run through a spellchecker, has correct punctuations, and is (more or less) grammatically correct.

Your posts should be labeled with the name of your character at the top as well as their location, and I’d like you to tag people when you’re responding directly to them. I have included a basic code below if you wish to use it, or you can make your own if you wish. Do not make it so complex that it distracts from the post.

[side=right][IMG]https://s5.postimg.org/dzw6p7vlz/250_X250.png[/IMG]
[b]Mood:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b]
[b]Company:[/b]
[b]@'s:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b] [/side][h][FONT=Special Elite][COLOR=#553737][B]CHARACTER NAME[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/h] YOUR POST HERE

Story Events Throughout this RP there will be events and encounters that may place your character in extreme danger, or give them hints and/or information for the continuation of the plot. These encounters will be run by myself using NPCs and minor characters. It is possible that your character may die due to these events, so bare that in mind while writing.

Metagaming, Godmodding, Powerplaying, and Auto-hitting
In this kind of roleplay setting, it's very easy to accidentally slip into metagaming, godmodding and other forms of powerplaying. Some explanation on these forbidden behaviors:

Metagaming is using out-of-character information from chatrooms and profiles in an in-character post that your character would not plausibly have access to. Do not do this. If you can’t explain how your character knows it, they don't get to know it. Normally this isn't an issue, but it's something I wanted to cover in a roleplay where telepathy is a perfectly valid power, and espionage makes up a good chunk of the story.

Godmodding is playing a character to be omnipotent in some fashion. If you find yourself saying "My character could never be beaten by [blank]," then you're most likely godmodding without even realizing it.

Powerplaying is when a character is always the most powerful or competent person in the room. Powerplaying is awful, because it turns into a pissing contest of who's stronger, faster, or edgier than everyone else. It does not contribute to the story nor character development in any fashion.

Auto-hitting is when a player assumes that their attack landed or some other action was successful, and don't bother to give the other roleplayer a fair chance to respond. Auto-hitters will be asked to revise or delete their post, and the scene will be paused until they do so. Players should instead leave the end of any attacks open, and allow their opponent to decide the result.​

All of these things are forbidden for this roleplay. They are bad roleplay etiquette and detract from the experience for other roleplayers. Remember, you must always ask other players out-of-character for permission to do anything affecting their characters. You are never allowed to control or dictate the actions of another character without their player's permission.

Random background characters (not NPCs, as NPCs are technically the GM's characters) are acceptable targets for such actions, as are your own characters. Other players’ characters are not. Always ask first, and if they say no, do not beg them to change their mind.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back