• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐จ๐งโ€ฆ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐š ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž (Fledglingโ€™s 1x1 Check)

Fledgling Ophelia

One Time Luck
๐•ฑ๐–‘๐–Š๐–‰๐–Œ๐–‘๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œโ€™๐–˜ ๐•ด๐–“๐–™๐–Š๐–—๐–Š๐–˜๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–๐–Š๐–ˆ๐–

Kia Ora! I see youโ€™ve stumbled across this travesty. Well, pull up a chair and maybe some booze because I do not shut up! Ever!
If you think any of this thread is familiar, itโ€™s probably because it is. I had an account here a long time ago and, in true boomer style, I forgot my password. As well as that, I felt a fresh start is in order. I am a completely different person to who I was back then. Iโ€™d like to think my writing style has changed alongside my interests and ahem replying habits.
Anyhoo, hereโ€˜s what youโ€™ll find in this thread!

๐‘ About Me - where you can learn about what kind of a writer I am
๐‘ Rules - what I expect from a writing partner
๐‘ Interests - what kind of plots and pairings I'm into
๐‘ Plots - any ongoing ideas I'd like to write.

If you're interested in writing with me, please send me a PM and do not reply below. Thank you!

๐‘๐‘๐‘๐‘๐‘๐‘

Iโ€™ll explain a little bit about me first, just so that whoeverโ€™s reading this knows what theyโ€™re getting into.
I am a gal who loves to travel. In fact, I have just moved from my homeland of Edinburgh to the beautiful New Zealand. Yup, just packed a suitcase and left everything behind. Despite this, I can assure you that my mental state is pretty stable at the moment. I am just surviving off vibes.
In terms of my writing, I am a perfectionist. I love really injecting character personality into my writing, as if itโ€™s coming from their brain, and not just someone writing from the outside. At odds with this is my love for writing in third person, which seems to be pretty common on this site thankfully. My typical post length is roughly 500-1,000 words. Sometimes it's longer, sometimes it's shorter. I usually give out what I'm receiving from my partner, and what feels best in regards to what's happening in my writing. If it's a scene packed with action and dialogue, then my posts tend to be way longer. The more I have to work with, the more I write.
My characters are pretty much always flawed to some extent - normally more on the extreme side. I would much rather play an absolute psychopath than a girl-next-door. I tend to lean towards playing female characters, mainly because I am female, but I can be convinced otherwise. I am twenty-two years old (ew I HATE admitting my mortality) and not afraid of some mature themes or scenes (blood, gore, drugs and uncomfortable topics are not an issue for me, but I understand if they are for you).
๐‘๐‘๐‘๐‘๐‘๐‘

Genres I enjoy:

- Fantasy (most likely medieval)
- Horror
- Romance
- Crime
- Slice of life
- Western
- Court Drama stuff (!!! yes !!!)

Things in general that I enjoy:
- Dramaaa
- Mystery/Suspense
- Character Building (!important!)
- Flawed characters
- Angst angst angst angst
- Aesthetics
- New ideas! PM me if you have one!

Things in general that I do not enjoy:
- Fluffy stuff
- Close-mindedness (new things are great!)
- Mary-Sues
- Carrying the fudging plot
- Rushed relationships (love me a slow burn)
- Anime/Manga sorry

Pairings:
- bad boy x preppy girl lol cringe
- criminal/gang member x good girl
- basically any kind of guy with angsty, emotional walls up x girl
- royalty x servant
- arranged marriage
- assassin x target
- any kind of forbidden romance kinda thing
- literally anything else, hit me up

Fandoms:
- A Court of Thorns and Roses
- Game of Thrones
- The Vampire Diaries
- Harry Potter
- Twilight
- The Hunger Games

Stuff I like:
- Greek Mythology
- Norse Mythology
- Vikings
- Paganism
- Honestly anything that requires research. Luv that shit.

๐‘๐‘๐‘๐‘๐‘๐‘

Okay so the boring stuff...

โ˜† Post length. Honestly, I'm really not too picky in regards to posting length. I know everyone says this, but quality over quantity means a lot to me. I'd much rather read a couple paragraphs of emotive, engaging writing than have to endure 2,000 + words of utter boredom. Give me some decent, grammatically-correct story-telling and you're a dream come true.

โ˜† Platforms. While I do have Discord and kinda know how to use GoogleDocs, I would much prefer all roleplaying to take place via this site. Whether it's through PM's or as part of a thread is fine by me, but I am far more likely to reply to you on this site than elsewhere.

โ˜† Formatting. On that note, as you can probably tell, I like it when things look pretty. I could spend hours on coding, making my posts look nice with fun aspects to them. I don't expect the same from you, but a little bit of effort in regards to aesthetics goes a long way with me.

โ˜† Characters. Right. So. My biggest pet peeve? Boring, predictable characters. Please, for the love of God, do not come to me with a perfect character that can do no wrong. I hate them. Make them angry all the time, or give them an odd quirk that sets them apart from everyone else. Actually give your characters character.

โ˜† Canon. A lot of people will be turned off by this, but Canon characters? Not a huge fan. I can be convinced on a very select few, but it's unlikely.

โ˜† OOC. I believe that a friendly, open-minded relationship is crucial to a successful roleplay partnership. I'd love to joke around with you, hear about your day, or even just chat about our characters or world-build together. I don't bite, promise! (on that note, I'm only interested in roleplaying with people 18+. No exceptions.)

๐‘๐‘๐‘๐‘๐‘๐‘
Plots:

marriage of despicable convenience
Through some fault or other of their own, two heirs of feuding families (or kingdoms) have thrust themselves into a situation in which they are forced to fake a relationship. The problem with this? They absolutely despise each other. Already cracking under the pressure of two overbearing families, a common enemy pops up when things cannot seem to get worse. They maintain this farce as if their lives depend on it. Because they do.

This plot is, quite possibly, my favourite. I already have a female character in mind to play for this one but you may be able to convince me with an alternative route if you plead your case particularly well. There's a lot of lee-way here - we can go down the route of two rival gangs in a modern-day city, or two feuding royal families looking to unite their rival kingdoms. Lots of world-building opportunities here!

see you in class***
Okay, this one is a bit of a cliche. Shoot me! Our characters have been rivals since the day they laid eyes on each other. Hell, since birth. Whether itโ€™s a downright blood feud or a more petty popularity contest, theyโ€™re out to get each other.
Itโ€™s a new term at the academy they both attend. This year, the stakes are higher. Everyone is hungry for blood. They might just kill each other to get what they want.

This is another plot that we can take in any direction. Iโ€™d love for it to be in a fantasy or dystopian-type world. Thinking Fourth Wing, or Hunger Games vibes? But if you have any specific ideas then give โ€˜em to me!

we come from the land of the ice and snow***
Vikings. Norse mythology. Oh yeah. I'm super into the notion of two Viking clans at war, or perhaps a Viking clan and an Anglican town, and our characters being from opposite sides. Perhaps one imprisons the other, or they both find themselves stranded together. The concept of the savagery and absolute brutality of Viking stuff is so so cool and I would loveeee to write about it.

sk8er boi
Damn, who doesn't love a good girl x bad boy pairing? Maybe they were high school rivals, or perhaps one of them is new to town and the other hates their guts? Or, maybe one has a soft spot that no one else sees for the other? Total cringe, but in a good way. I also love the idea of turning this idea on its head and having the girl be the bad one. Let's chat about it!

sharp teeth, sharp words
Currently loving the idea of a medieval vampire kinda thing? Or a Twilight-kinda roleplay would be very cool too. Angsty teenage vampires are my heroin lol. We could even incorporate werewolves or slayers into it. Or even witches?

wouldst thou like to live deliciously? ***
Okay so this is probably my most specific idea, and the one I will be the most fussy about. Also, big trigger warning here too! I would LOVE to do a cult-like roleplay in which a group of women are all vying for the attention of their leader, who claims to be Satan. I'd love it to be a dark, alluring sort of plotline possibly with some arching themes of the seven deadly sins. It would be great if my partner could be the one playing the leader alongside some of the cult members. I'm not too set on a setting time - we could have it set in modern times, or historically.

If this idea garners a bit of interest I might even create a small group roleplay for it. Maybe.
In the meantime, I want this one to be very twisted, gory and uncomfortable with some beautiful writing. This one will be all about the aesthetics as well as the plot, so will take a lot of work to get to actually writing. Hopefully, it'll be worth it!

gunslingin' rootin tootin
So i've just finished my fifth play-through of RDR2 and damn I am craving some cowboys. Maybe a kind of gunslinger gang of bandits are forced to band together? I'd be up for playing multiple characters for this one. I'd love for some corruption to be woven in there too.

*** most interested

in the meantime, PM ME IF YOURE INTERESTED

Last edited:
820ebc6db107f93b224e9c32f199a63a.gif

bump ! added more plotssss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back