Collinbu98

God of 19° Angles

Collin Walsh

Agitator

General

images

Basic Information

• Ethnicity: Irish Caucasian
  • Hair Color & Eye Color: Dark brown hair and greenish brown eyes.  He happens to wear contact lenses.
  • Physical Description: Collin was honestly quite ordinary looking.  He was slightly attractive, but not enough to draw any attention.  His build was fairly average, though leaning towards the scrawny side.  Collin will nearly always appear fairly confident, even in difficult situations, however he does occasionally outlet his worries when he believes himself to be alone.  And typically Collin can be found wearing navy blue leather jacket jacket and cargo pants in most temperatures.

Social Information

• Profession:  Though he posses no strict profession, Collin spends most of his time going about performing odds and ends jobs for those who need it within Psydrium, with no major interests other than his growing desire towards the Justicars.
  • Organizations: None.  Shortly after entering Psydrium Collin had considered joining the Preservers, but decided against it after he heard of their strict "love not war" policy.  Since then, however, Collin has turned his attention towards the Justicars.
  • Family: Collin's biological parents died when Collin was only four years old, and afterwards he was raised by his mother's best friend Martha up until her death a few weeks before Collin's 18th birthday.  Additionally, one year before her death, Martha married a man named David Smith, who Collin was definitely not fond of.

George Walsh (Deceased) -  Agitator;  Previously an Architect
  • Kaitlyn Walsh  (Deceased) -  Author;  Previously a Special Ed. Teacher
  • Martha O'brien-Smith  (Deceased) -  "Normal", though aware and supportive of Psydrium; Previously an English Teacher
  • David Smith  (Age 47)  -  "Normal", unaware of Psydrium;  -Electrical Engineer  (Possibly Unemployed)

[*]Personality: Collin is... well, something.  When first getting to know him, Collin comes off as surprisingly charming.  It is not hard, however, to notice that he quickly becomes... insensitive.  His answers are typically brutally honest and he rarely tries to hide his opinions, opting for solid truth rather than comforting lies.  Additionally, he has been shown to have hard time controlling his temper, though he will occasionally take some initiative in trying to hide it.

[*]Major Strength: Perseverance.

[*]Biggest Flaw: Brutally Honest

My Creator's Information:

• What I enjoy most in RPs: A vivid story with dynamic characters.  And maybe a few plot twists here and there.
  • What I most want to do in this RP: I'd honestly just like to see where this plot goes.  Maybe see some of the conflict between Psydrium and the rest of the world.
  • What I most want to do with this character:  I'd like to see someone break through his coarser outer layer to get into the softer side that's had a hard time with his family situation as well as the rough development of his powers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted, with a few things that might need to be edited:

• I suggest adding in where Collin might have gotten tutelage in Agitator powers. Did he get involved with other psions in the area where he grew up? Was there a small 'cultural center' of some sort (Psydrium does have small outreach branches in different countries)? Most psions train with others to get a better handle on exploring what they can do and how to do it best.
  • An agitator's best friend and worst enemy is their temper- keep this in mind. If Collin is a very angry person, and is poor at controlling it, he will also have issues controlling his powers. Think of it like the Hulk in a way; he needs to learn to channel the anger and not give into his temper every time something irritates him to be a master of the school.
  • Justicars is a fantastic thing for anyone to seek, but to do so Collin would need to 'prove' himself in the psion community as a reputable and righteous person. Is he trying to network? Taking anger management lessons? Reading up on past Justicars? Doing volunteer work? It's an obtainable goal but to get there he'll probably need to be actively seeking ways to better his faults. How you want to have him approach this is totally up to you, I just want to be sure you understand (even if he doesn't) that the Justicars are not selected from people who are the best fighters and he'll need to smooth out his rougher social/emotional edges too. ;)

I suggest adding in where Collin might have gotten tutelage in Agitator powers. Did he get involved with other psions in the area where he grew up? Was there a small 'cultural center' of some sort (Psydrium does have small outreach branches in different countries)? Most psions train with others to get a better handle on exploring what they can do and how to do it best.

I kind of half-implied that he'd had some help from the Irish branch of the psion community, so that's no problem.  If you unhide my hidden part I can add a sentence or two about that, or we can just have it be known as a general thing about him.

An agitator's best friend and worst enemy is their temper- keep this in mind. If Collin is a very angry person, and is poor at controlling it, he will also have issues controlling his powers. Think of it like the Hulk in a way; he needs to learn to channel the anger and not give into his temper every time something irritates him to be a master of the school.

Alright.  I actually decided I'm going to tone down his aggression a bit, but he still may slip up with his powers under the right circumstances.

Justicars is a fantastic thing for anyone to seek, but to do so Collin would need to 'prove' himself in the psion community as a reputable and righteous person. Is he trying to network? Taking anger management lessons? Reading up on past Justicars? Doing volunteer work? It's an obtainable goal but to get there he'll probably need to be actively seeking ways to better his faults. How you want to have him approach this is totally up to you, I just want to be sure you understand (even if he doesn't) that the Justicars are not selected from people who are the best fighters and he'll need to smooth out his rougher social/emotional edges too. ;)

Again, I decided to tone down his aggression a bit, but I'm gonna say he's been doing some research on the Justicars, though he's making no real other efforts, and that includes efforts to control his anger and he doesn't completely recognize that that may be a problem.  As I said in the first part, we can either play this off as an assumed or I can add it to the history if you unhide it.

That all works for me, you are free to post!

There will be opportunities in the story for the characters to "prove themselves" for greater things within Psydrium. I know there are multiple characters interested in being a Justicar so I hope to fold in some chances for them to meet one, interact with one, and/or learn more about that process at some point. My greater aim is for this to be a story about how relatively ordinary psions become heroic. One of my characters is definitely not Justicar material but might aim for something else- becoming a sage's aid, becoming a professor at the Psydrium university, recognition for a discovery, that sort of thing. And there will be in-story rewards for characters too hopefully!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back