• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic CodeBreakers

White Masquerade

QuirkyAngel's Red Oni
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The appreciate the gravity of this interest check...to appreciate it in full -- let it pierce to the rock of your soul, please scroll down to the bottom of RPN and change your theme to "The Night Life (Color Me Dark)".

Thank you in advance.

CodeBreaker Background.jpg
Logo.png

Link To Overview, Information, & Planning:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/an-sao-like-rpvrmmorpgrp.288579/

Link To Roleplay:
https://www.rpnation.com/categories/code-breakers-part-i.8446/

Any questions, ask me here. This is a roleplay that uses a simple dice system.

I mean, the only thing unfamiliar is the dice aspect, but I think I'll get used to it. Are dice RPs kinda like playing D&D but with a roleplay aspect?

And I did look at the RP :3

I mean, the only thing unfamiliar is the dice aspect, but I think I'll get used to it. Are dice RPs kinda like playing D&D but with a roleplay aspect?

And I did look at the RP :3

Yup! But I made the dice as easy as I possibly could make it. It won't be the main focus of the roleplay either. If ever you need help, I'll hold your hand through it too.

White Masquerade White Masquerade

As I said in the old thread, I'm certainly interested in this, and I think since we already have a sci-fi element in VR (since frankly VR technology really hasn't been adopted yet IRL due to high price points and a lack of content, both The World's control system and the NerveGear still count as sci-fi by today's standards. Hell, the Nervegear is sci-fi anyway.), I have a few ideas that could take the sci-fi further but also tie into modern MMOs.

1) The option to play as a much more advanced version of today's MMO bots, basically an A.I. character. They don't have to be massive networked entities like Morganna or Cardinal, they can just take the place of players, with the ability to pull off a conversation convincingly in order to fool the authorities into thinking they aren't a bot.

2) Let U.I. and graphics mods come into play, allowing players to customize themselves as they see fit. Perhaps we could have an enigmatic character who shows up with a completely different appearance every time we see him. This is admittedly a break from reality, as in games like Warcraft, modding the graphics or U.I. only pertains to what you see, not what others see, because to modify your appearance to others, you'd have to hack into the server, which would get you permabanned instantly, but I feel that this could be a special case: Some games, like Blade Symphony. allow players to upload custom swords and skins to a dedicated library like Steam Workshop, and they actually work in-game, and others can see them! Then again, Blade Symphony was a server-based competitive game, not an MMO, but I could see it being adapted for an MMO a few decades from now.

3) Speaking of modifying the game's code, HACKERS. Seriously, having a hacker as an antagonist, whether minor or major, would be an INCREDIBLE boss fight. We'd have to use our heads to beat this guy, or turn his own exploits against him.

White Masquerade White Masquerade

As I said in the old thread, I'm certainly interested in this, and I think since we already have a sci-fi element in VR (since frankly VR technology really hasn't been adopted yet IRL due to high price points and a lack of content, both The World's control system and the NerveGear still count as sci-fi by today's standards. Hell, the Nervegear is sci-fi anyway.), I have a few ideas that could take the sci-fi further but also tie into modern MMOs.

1) The option to play as a much more advanced version of today's MMO bots, basically an A.I. character. They don't have to be massive networked entities like Morganna or Cardinal, they can just take the place of players, with the ability to pull off a conversation convincingly in order to fool the authorities into thinking they aren't a bot.

2) Let U.I. and graphics mods come into play, allowing players to customize themselves as they see fit. Perhaps we could have an enigmatic character who shows up with a completely different appearance every time we see him. This is admittedly a break from reality, as in games like Warcraft, modding the graphics or U.I. only pertains to what you see, not what others see, because to modify your appearance to others, you'd have to hack into the server, which would get you permabanned instantly, but I feel that this could be a special case: Some games, like Blade Symphony. allow players to upload custom swords and skins to a dedicated library like Steam Workshop, and they actually work in-game, and others can see them! Then again, Blade Symphony was a server-based competitive game, not an MMO, but I could see it being adapted for an MMO a few decades from now.

3) Speaking of modifying the game's code, HACKERS. Seriously, having a hacker as an antagonist, whether minor or major, would be an INCREDIBLE boss fight. We'd have to use our heads to beat this guy, or turn his own exploits against him.

=P All good ideas and I'm happy you have them, but the Lore/Mechanics and all that for the roleplay is already completed. While it doesn't include everything you bring up to a T, the RP generally has those characteristics/possibilities. A link to the completed work is here:

https://www.rpnation.com/categories/code-breakers-part-i.8446/

I wish you were here like 2 months ago when I started, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back