• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Code Issues, Again

Lightna

Local Ceraunophile
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Okay, so, when I test this code, and even when I preview it, it does some kind of strange stuff. I was wondering if anyone had any pointers on why. It's for a character sheet I'm working on, but I've taken out the actual character information. Before you ask, I have the accordion floating to the left because I wanted to add a picture to the right, but until I figure out what's goiong on here, I can't do that. Here's the code:

Code:
[bg=#e6ccff][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=7][B][I]Name[/I][/B][/SIZE][border=1px solid black; height:0; width:65%; padding:0][bg=transparent; display:none;].[/bg][/border][border=0px][accordion=65% | fleft]{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Age ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Gender ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][/COLOR][bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Birthday ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][/COLOR][bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Sexual Orientation ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][/COLOR][bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Occupation ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][/COLOR][bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Appearance ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][/COLOR][bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Personality ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][/COLOR][bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Wants ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][/COLOR][bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Needs ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][/COLOR][bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Extra facts ]][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][/COLOR][bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}[/accordion][/border][/bg]

If anyone has any advice on what I'm doing wrong and how I can fix it in the future, that'd be great!

Last edited:
I'm just beginning myself but the problem I found was you put the /color in when you didn't need it. Also the height was too little. Don't know if it was what you were going for.

Code:
[bg=#e6ccff; width: 305px; height: 490px;][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=7][B][I]Name[/I][/B][/SIZE][border=1px solid black; height:0; width:65%; padding:0][bg=transparent; display:none;].[/bg][/border][border=0px][accordion=90% | fleft]
[COLOR=#000000]{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Age ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][bg=#e6ccff]
[INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT]
[/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Gender ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][bg=#e6ccff]
[/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Birthday ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][bg=#e6ccff]
[/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Sexual Orientation ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][bg=#e6ccff]
[/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Occupation ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][bg=#e6ccff]
[/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Appearance ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][bg=#e6ccff]
[/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Personality ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][bg=#e6ccff]
[/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Wants ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][bg=#e6ccff]
[/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Needs ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][bg=#e6ccff]
[/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Extra facts ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][bg=#e6ccff]
[/bg]{/slide}[/accordion][/border][/bg]

Hello, dearie!
So there are many different ways to do what you would like.

But, with the given code, because you have your accordion floating to the left so that the image goes on the right. You would have to specify your height and keep your width at 100% [if you want your code to extend/span your entire post all the way]. I chose "500px" for the specified height but you are free to mess around with the numbers , just do not go over 1000px.
Code:
[bg=pink; width: 100%; height: 500px;]this is the area where you'll put your other codes here and all that jazz[/bg]

However, if you choose not to specify your height and width, your preview will 100% look off depending how big your image is and how "long" your slide is. The more you add to that empty space the more the background will take up the negative space.

On the other hand, the most simplest and my most preferred way of working with this code is using the row and column bbcode because when you preview your code, it would look , most of the time, how you want it to appear rather than being blindsided. You will keep your accordion's % at 100% and use "bleft" or "bcenter" rather that "fleft" since f in front of a position is floating it some sort of way like the imagefloat.

This is the code using row and columns:
sidenote - rows are horizontal and columns are vertical. in this code you have 1 row and 2 columns. The two column both span at 4 for a grand total of 8 spans since when working with column you need to add it up to a "8".
Code:
[bg=#e6ccff][size=7][i][b][color=black]Name:[/color][/b][/i][/size][border=1px solid black; height: 0px; width: 65%; padding: 0px;][/border][row][column=span4][border=0px][accordion=100%]{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Age ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Gender ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Birthday ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Sexual Orientation ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Occupation ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Appearance ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Personality ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Wants ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Needs ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Extra facts ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}[/accordion][/border][/column][column=span4]
image here[/column][/row][/bg]

I do hope this help! If you need me to take it apart again and explain, let me know!

I'm just beginning myself but the problem I found was you put the /color in when you didn't need it. Also the height was too little. Don't know if it was what you were going for.

Code:
[bg=#e6ccff; width: 305px; height: 490px;][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=7][B][I]Name[/I][/B][/SIZE][border=1px solid black; height:0; width:65%; padding:0][bg=transparent; display:none;].[/bg][/border][border=0px][accordion=90% | fleft]
[COLOR=#000000]{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Age ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][bg=#e6ccff]
[/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Gender ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][bg=#e6ccff]
[/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Birthday ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][bg=#e6ccff]
[/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Sexual Orientation ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][bg=#e6ccff]
[/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Occupation ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][bg=#e6ccff]
[/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Appearance ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][bg=#e6ccff]
[/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Personality ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][bg=#e6ccff]
[/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Wants ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][bg=#e6ccff]
[/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Needs ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][bg=#e6ccff]
[/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Extra facts ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][/bg][bg=#e6ccff]
[/bg]{/slide}[/accordion][/border][/bg]
I know about the color thing. That wasn't me. I had the rich text editor on, and it kept putting it in there in stupid places. I tried to delete them all, but I guess I missed a couple?

Hello, dearie!
So there are many different ways to do what you would like.

But, with the given code, because you have your accordion floating to the left so that the image goes on the right. You would have to specify your height and keep your width at 100% [if you want your code to extend/span your entire post all the way]. I chose "500px" for the specified height but you are free to mess around with the numbers , just do not go over 1000px.
Code:
[bg=pink; width: 100%; height: 500px;]this is the area where you'll put your other codes here and all that jazz[/bg]

However, if you choose not to specify your height and width, your preview will 100% look off depending how big your image is and how "long" your slide is. The more you add to that empty space the more the background will take up the negative space.

On the other hand, the most simplest and my most preferred way of working with this code is using the row and column bbcode because when you preview your code, it would look , most of the time, how you want it to appear rather than being blindsided. You will keep your accordion's % at 100% and use "bleft" or "bcenter" rather that "fleft" since f in front of a position is floating it some sort of way like the imagefloat.

This is the code using row and columns:
sidenote - rows are horizontal and columns are vertical. in this code you have 1 row and 2 columns. The two column both span at 4 for a grand total of 8 spans since when working with column you need to add it up to a "8".
Code:
[bg=#e6ccff][size=7][i][b][color=black]Name:[/color][/b][/i][/size][border=1px solid black; height: 0px; width: 65%; padding: 0px;][/border][row][column=span4][border=0px][accordion=100%]{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Age ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Gender ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Birthday ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Sexual Orientation ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Occupation ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Appearance ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Personality ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Wants ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Needs ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=#e6ccff][SIZE=5][ Extra facts ][/SIZE][/bg]}[bg=#e6ccff][INDENT][I]---[/I][/INDENT][/bg]{/slide}[/accordion][/border][/column][column=span4]
image here[/column][/row][/bg]

I do hope this help! If you need me to take it apart again and explain, let me know!
Thank you! I'll look that over when I get home from school today.

I know about the color thing. That wasn't me. I had the rich text editor on, and it kept putting it in there in stupid places. I tried to delete them all, but I guess I missed a couple?

Another thing you should probably do is turn off rich text editor. It messes up coding.

Another thing you should probably do is turn off rich text editor. It messes up coding.
I know. I turned it off on the box while I was typing it. It thought that would be enough. I only really use BBCode for like character sheets and stuff, not actual replies, so I thought it wouldn't be worth it to turn it off completely just for that one thing. I know otherwise now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back