Video Games CoD : WWII

I’d wait, COD isn’t really my jam. A updated version of new Vegas with mod support on the Xbox one however. That would be all over my toast.
Guess what I’m saying is I’m not buying any game unless it impresses me in a few ways, here’s hoping red dead two doesn’t go down the micro transactions fuckabout rails with majority of its base game cut out for DLC.

Oh yeah I hope RD2 is good. RDR is/was just such an awesome game. All I have is an Xbox 360 still and it's not reading disks, but if it was then I'd probably start up another RDR game, and I think I had Undead Nightmare too and I'd do that! Perhaps Undead Nightmare is a very honorable example of a game expansion.

Oh yeah I hope RD2 is good. RDR is/was just such an awesome game. All I have is an Xbox 360 still and it's not reading disks, but if it was then I'd probably start up another RDR game, and I think I had Undead Nightmare too and I'd do that! Perhaps Undead Nightmare is a very honorable example of a game expansion.
Wholeheartedly I agree, undead nightmare is a perfect example of dlc. I want to play it now aha.. shame it was traded for that mediocre mess that still somehow holds a place in my heart. Fallout 4. *dies inside*

I love it when the mysterious hacker known as 4chan claims a random neighborhood in Somalia as their stupid meme nation. Honestly, I get a lot of good laughs going to /pol/ and /k/. Anyway, what suggestions, other than the obvious weapon flaws, do you have for this game? I'm curious to see.
I’d have to go back and look (admittedly I had forgotten some since I haven’t been on in awhile), and refresh my memory and all that stuff. But one thing that came to my mind right now was that the M1 Carbine’s front sight post hood is circular (like the Gewehr 43) when in reality, the front sight post was similar to the Garand. There’s more, I’d just need to go back and refresh my memory.

Reminds me of an online petition I saw in the past called "Remove PPs-43s from WWII German Re-enacting." Apparently a number of WWII German reenactors have PPs-43s, possibly instead of MP-40s, when on average (IIRC) not even the Soviets themselves had many of them.

The only reason I can imagine they figured it made the slightest sense to give a bunch of SVT-40s and PPShs to the Germans in France is that some units were transferred westward from the eastern front.

However to me it makes zero sense realistically speaking, zero sense in game logic, and zero sense in artistic license. Why not just give the German semi-auto riflemen G43s if they absolutely need to all have semi-auto rifles? Is logistics going to ship your amazon prime order of Russian ammo and magazines across Europe just so you can use your Russian gun? Lol nope I doubt it. It almost seems as if someone just wanted to go out of their way to make it ahistorical for the sake of being ahistorical and different. Maybe there was a Russian gun or two in occupied France? Okay then maybe put it in an easter egg corner or box with a bit of ammo, but still.

Anyways I feel your pain lol
I know! They should have had Gewehr 43’s, not SVT-40’s! I love the G43, and I’ve been looking to buy one myself for awhile now (too expensive for me at the moment though).

There’s also a real lack of weapons in WWII. They really don’t have that many weapons. They have some weapons for factions that are never seen in the game. But then they have weapons for a faction they don’t show, and those weapons are incorrectly used by the wrong faction. I don’t know, my thoughts are all over the place. A lot of what you said I completely agree with. I don’t know what the hell was going through the dev’s minds making this game.

I know! They should have had Gewehr 43’s, not SVT-40’s! I love the G43, and I’ve been looking to buy one myself for awhile now (too expensive for me at the moment though).

There’s also a real lack of weapons in WWII. They really don’t have that many weapons. They have some weapons for factions that are never seen in the game. But then they have weapons for a faction they don’t show, and those weapons are incorrectly used by the wrong faction. I don’t know, my thoughts are all over the place. A lot of what you said I completely agree with. I don’t know what the hell was going through the dev’s minds making this game.
Money, I believe they were thinking of money.

It's really weird to play a game where one of the best SMGS comes from a place not even seen ingame. If SHG fixed a lot of the weapon flaws in WWII, their balance problem can easily be fixed. Hate quickscopers? Instead of jamming one clip through the side of the rifle, the bullets must be loaded individually. And if you have extended mags, have fun with that. Hate SMG fests? With extended mags, allow a soldier to only carry one other drum for his PPSH. I mean like these small details can solve so many balance issues SHG can actually focus on delivering a. Free content and b. Good content.

Money, I believe they were thinking of money.
Perhaps. Seeing the greed of publishers these days, pretty much requiring microtransactions, that’s most likely the case. It’s really sad the gaming industry has come to this.

It's really weird to play a game where one of the best SMGS comes from a place not even seen ingame. If SHG fixed a lot of the weapon flaws in WWII, their balance problem can easily be fixed. Hate quickscopers? Instead of jamming one clip through the side of the rifle, the bullets must be loaded individually. And if you have extended mags, have fun with that. Hate SMG fests? With extended mags, allow a soldier to only carry one other drum for his PPSH. I mean like these small details can solve so many balance issues SHG can actually focus on delivering a. Free content and b. Good content.
Yeah, this really could have helped the game. They didn’t focus on stuff like this. I don’t know if they will. I hope so. But the gaming industry is so greedy these days. It’s all about money. Games are being ruined. I wish this would happen to WWII.

Sigh, I wish we could just go back to the days when you had a progression system that wasn’t dependent on random loot boxes, and no loot boxes whatsoever. Like the days of MW2. There were map packs, sure. But the progression system was great. Oh how I miss those days.

Or even something like Battlefield 1942 speaking of WW2--it had expansions but I remember them being pretty cool, dunno about anyone else. Overall it was a simple yet fun game I feel like, no need to worry about perks or kill streaks

Perhaps. Seeing the greed of publishers these days, pretty much requiring microtransactions, that’s most likely the case. It’s really sad the gaming industry has come to this.

Yeah, this really could have helped the game. They didn’t focus on stuff like this. I don’t know if they will. I hope so. But the gaming industry is so greedy these days. It’s all about money. Games are being ruined. I wish this would happen to WWII.

Sigh, I wish we could just go back to the days when you had a progression system that wasn’t dependent on random loot boxes, and no loot boxes whatsoever. Like the days of MW2. There were map packs, sure. But the progression system was great. Oh how I miss those days.
I do agree that the current state of gaming involves paying more for the piece of the pie is sad, but half of this falls on the consumer. Guys, capitalism 101: If people aren't playing games because of lootboxes, companies remove lootboxes in order to gain customers. People don't play games because of a lack of content, companies add content into the game. In addition, and concerning the call of duty community in general, is the reason why WWII could be a lot better. For over 10 years this series has existed, nobody has ever been united in what makes a current game bad. "The game is too futuristic! I want boots on the ground!" Here's boots on the ground pal. "Shotguns are overpowered in MW3!" The shotguns proceed to get nerfed into the ground. It's this constant bickering and anger from 12 year olds and soymen that all three devs, (Treyarch, SHG and Infinity Ward) are constantly freaking out on what to add to a game that isn't even the Dev's game anymore. Can you really blame SHG for not lending out gifts during Christmas and the Winter Siege event to a community who can't even decide what they want? Not only do devs have to deal with a community that sends death-threats to their staff for attempting to balance the game, but it's the rise of E-sports and youtubers. E-sports has been around since the 90's (I believe) but as the years pass, it grows bigger and bigger and even dwarfs ESPN. Combine this with an angery community and the fact you have to make maps quick paced for E-sports and you have a bad problem for your business. And can we seriously realize that youtubers have TREMENDOUS impact on the call of duty games? Even if you don't like COD youtubers, you have to admit they probably bring the most amount of advertising to the COD series and new players. Also, we even have to thank Drift0r for nerfing the dual barreled shotguns in COD WWII, even though I personally really like the guy. So, now that we see we have a volatile community to start with, E-sports, and youtubers, it's really hard to blame SHG and all of the devs to an extent the current state of the series, and really most AAA games on the market. I think if we as consumers really want to see a change in the current stage of gaming, either stop watching E-sports, stop supporting COD Youtubers (especially those who waste 100s of dollars on luteboxes), or even better, unify the customer demographics into a set list of what everyone wants to see in future or current games. Now that I've wrapped all this up, do I think SHG and Condery are saints and completely exempt from critisicm? No! But you as a consumer helped create COD WWII whether you like it or not.
I'll get off my soapbox now.
TLDR: You reading this are most likely responsible for the way current games are.

Um, you know the doing barrel shotgun right? Did it get some buff that I didn't hear about? Because I went 24 and 10 with it.

I don't really like the fact that there's lootboxes. I love the fact you can see the horrible lootboxes people open and see they got a bunch of nothing, then mock them.

Multiplayer is alright. Campaign killed it, as usual, shame they always lack replayability. And I am most interested in Zombies. Let me know if any of you guys would like some help from a zombie vet. Been killing Nazi zombies since 2008.

Multiplayer is alright. Campaign killed it, as usual, shame they always lack replayability. And I am most interested in Zombies. Let me know if any of you guys would like some help from a zombie vet. Been killing Nazi zombies since 2008.
been killing yahtzees I N T H E W O M B

Alright, since the Winter Siege is over, what events should be put into the game, along with their weapons, gear, and maps perhaps?

Eh, I'm just waiting for the dlc so I can hop on the new zombie map.
I feel like operations can really incentivize people to keep playing the game. For example if during the summer, SHG decides to add a new War map and some weapons or camoflauge in memory of the Anzio or Africa landings, and double division XP or double armory credits if they decide to add them into the game, the player counts would skyrocket. I'm really hoping once the Resistence DLC comes along there's a LOT of new content added into the game. COD WWII needs to stop being so pedestrian and be ambitious, even if nobody likes it.

Historical realism at it's finest.

Germans using an oudated MG15

Stukas doing an almost perfect dive at like 500m max away from the ground without the pilots getting wrecked by g force or slamming into the ground

Stukas firing their 37mm cannon with 24 ammo like an MG at bloody common infantry.

The Stukas are somehow the oudated JU 87 B with the sirens still attached

Oudated Panzer Iv F2 tanks in Normandy, when I'm 100%sure they would be replaced by the IV ausf. G or H

Panzer F2 somehow ammo racking a M4 Sherman and exploding outright as if it had a 500 pound bomb dropped directly into the commander's hatch

A god damned Kübelwagen (750 to 900kg with the soldiers stopping an Armoured Train (give it or take 400t) and making the train carts fly in such as if it got hit by a god damn Maus

Historical realism was implied so much it leaves me sad.

Historical realism at it's finest.

Germans using an oudated MG15

Stukas doing an almost perfect dive at like 500m max away from the ground without the pilots getting wrecked by g force or slamming into the ground

Stukas firing their 37mm cannon with 24 ammo like an MG at bloody common infantry.

The Stukas are somehow the oudated JU 87 B with the sirens still attached

Oudated Panzer Iv F2 tanks in Normandy, when I'm 100%sure they would be replaced by the IV ausf. G or H

Panzer F2 somehow ammo racking a M4 Sherman and exploding outright as if it had a 500 pound bomb dropped directly into the commander's hatch

A god damned Kübelwagen (750 to 900kg with the soldiers stopping an Armoured Train (give it or take 400t) and making the train carts fly in such as if it got hit by a god damn Maus

Historical realism was implied so much it leaves me sad.
No one cares, bud. it's a CoD game. you want realism, play Arma.

No clue who that is. But he's prolly a dev. And if that is the case, it is still a CoD game. I will never follow the devs. It's just CoD. Not a major game.

Game was advertised as realistic and that it would be an "unflinching and respectful combat experience" and how realistic it would be.

But learning a lesson from Ubisoft games...

No one should trust anything.

And that lesson was very well appreciated because the story was laughable at best.

No clue who that is. But he's prolly a dev. And if that is the case, it is still a CoD game. I will never follow the devs. It's just CoD. Not a major game.
Michael Condery is responsible for making the game, dude. The head honcho. And he's responsible for content and stuff in the game after launch.

Game was advertised as realistic and that it would be an "unflinching and respectful combat experience" and how realistic it would be.

And that lesson was very well appreciated because the story was laughable at best.

Hey man, not all ubisoft games are terrible. Rainbow Six and the Far Cry series aren't bad at all. And although the story was 6 or 7/10, I think it's a step in the right direction for the series after 3-4 years of space and jetpacks. All you can really say is you hope it's better next year, or physically work at SHG or IW or treyarch.

All I can say to you is this. CoD has never been realistic in combat. they make arcade-y multiplayer and theatric, cinematic campaigns.

I've never played AW but even Ghost's terribly bland story was fun the first run through.

Again. Go play Arma, bud.

All I can say to you is this. CoD has never been realistic in combat. they make arcade-y multiplayer and theatric, cinematic campaigns.

I've never played AW but even Ghost's terribly bland story was fun the first run through.

Again. Go play Arma, bud.
Yeah, Ghosts was fun because there were a lot of fun things you can do: be a dog, sneak through the Venezuelan forest with a pistol and knife and hope to not be captured by the OPFOR, sink a battleship, go into space, etc. Although the story could have a lot more emotion and... better voice acting. I was always confused as to why the multiplayer was hated on. It was a nice change of pace from the standard perk system and weapon meta: everything had its place and you can customize your perk deck to fit your playstyle.

Anyway, I thought I'd compile the list of available weapons In game and try to see what they should be done to them to make them neither over or underpowered: to find true balance. And some weapon addition ideas.
Pistols:
P08 Luger: Leave as is, though change the extended magazine to 32 round magazine and add a new attachment: the carbine kit. This new attachment would increase the damage drop-off range and decrease recoil, although ADS time is increased.

Jamteen 11 (M1911): Remove the firecap completely. That's it.

Machine Pistol: Leave as is. Although a suggestion would be to add a semi-automatic mode as an attachment, as Ironically the machine pistol is just a C-96 Mauser.

Suggestions: The game needs a Desert Eagle. Add the Webley Revolver: It's already in the campaign, although it'd be nice if it were fixed to be break open instead of swing out. One hit kills up close, however there is massive recoil and a firecap as to how much you can spam it. Game's also missing the Tokarev Pistol or something like that, although Russian forces are absent in the game (other than the Russian uniforms you can wear, but as an actual playable faction they aren't in the game.)

Shotguns (Literally just remove the reflex sight from the shotguns. There's no real purpose for it in the scheme of things.

Combat Shotgun: Leave as is.

M30 Luftwaffe Drilling: Remove from the game. There is no purpose for it in the game and the Sawed off fills its role much better as the M30 was really rare.

Toggle Action: Either remove the firecap or decrease it. Also remove extended mags but in return, give some extra ammo in reserve.

Sawed Off: Change the weapon name and model to a full size double barrel shotgun and add the ability to saw off the stock or barrels as an attachment: The stock sawed off would increase ADS time but increases recoil. The barrels sawed off increase power at close range but increase recoil.

Suggestions: Honestly there isn't much to suggest for the shotgun class. Shotguns were rarely used in the war so I want to keep the meta for the shotguns the same.

Submachine Guns (I'm also going to say to remove the reflex sight as the lens sight fits the role of a good sight, however ahistorical. Also remove Rapid fire for pretty much all of the SMGs as that's the point: ROF shouldn't have to be increased.)

Grease Gun: Leave as is, I like its niche as a slow firing, accurate and powerful weapon. Remove Extended Mags and Rapid Fire as there was no extended magazine option for it in real life.

Type 100: Remove from the game. Not only is there a lack of Japanese forces in game but it was nowhere to be seen in the western front. Add the Sten in its place.

Sten: I like where it is: Keep it like that.

PPSH-41 and Waffe 28: I've stuck these two in the same place because they both fit a good niche: High ROF weapons with low damage and hard to control. On the one hand the Waffe 28 was most likely seen on the western front, however the PPSH is infinitely more iconic, although Russian forces aren't seen in the game, other than uniforms. I'm really stuck how it could fit the meta since both can fit it perfectly well.

Thompson: I like where it is. Keep the ROF and add some more visual recoil, and make it the third unlock since it is really iconic in the war and would make sense. The Thompson fits a perfect nook in the weapon meta: A High ROF weapon that rewards accurate players with consistent 2-3 hit kills. My only other suggestion to also add would be to decrease ammo count to encourage players to remain accurate. And do increase the reload time, that would help as well.

MP-40: Lessen then ROF and the MP-40 fits beautifully: Low ROF, Low Damage, and low recoil.

Suggestions: I'm stuck on what to suggest else for the SMG class. A lot of weapons fit well in the grand scheme of things and I'm not sure what else should be added to fit in that balance as well. Plus the weapons in game where really what was available to the armies of the world at the time.

Rifles: The only thing I really would like to see universally removed for the rifles would perhaps be extended mags, except for one weapon in particular. I'll get to that in a moment.

M1941 Johnson: Remove from the game. The FG-42, explained below, can fit its role a lot better and the Johnson was mainly used in the Pacific, where, surprise surprise, it can later be added in, along with the Type 100 and some other stuff into a Pacific Front DLC.

M1 Garand: I like where it is. My only suggestion is to increase the reload time (especially non-empty reloads) 1. It's accurate to the real life weapon and 2. it doesn't outclass anything at all at close range. Have it kill in maybe 3-4 hits so its little brother, the M1 Carbine, can shine, and it drops to a two hit kill at medium range. Also increase visual and actual recoil as well.

FG-42: Increase the ROF so it is in line with the real weapon and it's fine. A high ROF, yet high damaging consistent 3 hit kill with lots of recoil.

M1 Carbine: Make it more efficient in close quarters by filling in the void left by nerfing the M1 at close range: 2-3 hit kill and 3-4 at medium. This is the only point I would want any of the rifles to have Extended Magazines as it actually existed in the real steel M2 Carbine. I would also like an automatic conversion attachment so it can be changed into an M2 carbine, although those were only really used in the Pacific, it'd be nice to see it here.

STG-44: At first, even when it was buffed recently, I tried to use it but I didn't really like it. Now I do. Increase the visual recoil and increase the reload time.

BAR: Increase recoil, like, a lot. The thing is a laser beam at close range. Decrease damage at close range and decrease reserve ammo to 2-3 mags in reserve.

SVT-40: R e m o v e. The SVT-40 wasn't used on the western front and it's trash in game. The Gewher 43 fills in for it a lot better. It's also not as iconic as the PPSH-41 so nobody would really miss it.

Gewher 43: Increase damage to a 3 hit kill at medium to close range. This is where I run out of ideas as to where it should fit in the game. All I know is that this is trash as it is in game.

Suggestions: Not really much. Like the Subguns, these were what was available at the time. Unless I'm missing something, I don't really see what could be added for the Rifles class. Although the Volksturmgewher looks nice since it's coming soon.

Machine Guns: There aren't really any attachments I want universally removed from the MG's so eh.

Lewis: Keep it as is. My only suggestion would be to make the Irons a bit more... "Clunky?" I mean not in a horrible "this thing is unusable at all" but the Iron sights are way too open. Other than that the Lewis is great in-game, and rarely used at all.

MG-15: I've debated with myself as to whether it should be kept in the game or not. I like it, it's not awful, the reload animation is cool and it looks neat. But I've come to the conclusion it should be replaced by the MG-34 as that weapon was much more common and fits the niche perfectly. Put it back in the game in some sort of "Fall of Berlin" DLC where the Germans are desperately trying to hold Berlin from Soviet Forces.

Bren: Garbage. Other than that just up the fire-rate to its real life counterpart and it's fine. And increase reload speed, a 30 round mag shouldn't take 5 seconds to replace.

MG-42: It's good in game and I like it. I'd only ask for the ROF to make it worthy of the title "Hitler's Buzzsaw", and increase reload time to make it less overpowered.

GPMG: It's cool, I guess. The MG-15 is really better than this gun though to change that It needs more ammo in reserve and the reload time needs to be decreased. If those two things were added in the game it fits beautifully.

Suggestions: I finally have a suggestion in the game! The M1919A4 would be a great addition to the game: A slow rate of fire yet high ammo count. Perfect for War.

Sniper Rifles: The only universal attachment I want to be removed is Extended Mags. It's also the only section I don't know what to nerf and what to buff: they all feel the same to me, and I've used them all (Other than the weird Semi-Auto Polish one). Quickscoping is a huge problem in this game and two great nerfs would be 1. To increase ADS time so quickscoping is practically impossible, and to increase the reload time. How would that be accomplished? Load in individual rounds instead of entire clips that suddenly replenish the amount of bullets you can fire. It's not hard, Michael Condrey. I believe in SHG. Oh, and suggestions! I'd like to see the Mosin Nagant added at some point in the life cycle of the game in some sort of Russian DLC, and the British De Lise carbine would be fun to use.

So, what do you think? Are these all pipe dreams or do you think SHG can really, if they follow the buff/nerf list to heart, fix the game's weapon balance single-handedly and allow them to fix major issues still in the game? Do you have any suggestions or perhaps some beef with some of my ideas?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back