• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [CoD]Royal Flush

lets be fancy.

Rolling Wits + Investigation

3 + 1

[dice]22710[/dice]

Last edited by a moderator:
Rolling Manipulation (2) + persuasion (2)

[dice]22734[/dice]

Rolling to find more clues again

Wits + Investigation

3 + 1

[dice]22742[/dice]

Rolling Intelligence + Wits + 1 to logically find dangerous stuff

[dice]22743[/dice]

I'll get a post in later today, had to talk about, more like listen to, my buddy's realationship troubles.

Plus we haven't talked to each other for like... Well, awhile. So, best we got some time in to fufill the best friend requirements : P

ValkyrieRose said:
no worries ori. were in no rush
So your asking for a roll of 5d10s yes?

Int + wits -1 for the 5 I'm talking about.

... or is that wts -1 is to eb translated as *with* -1?

ah my bad for no explaining that

-1 to your dice pool, not as a modifier, so if you had 6 you would have 5 now

also since i dont think i or anyone explained tto you, you have willpower you cn spend. willpower (equal to your resolve plus compusre) is a resource you can spend to gain plus 3 on any non defensive dice roll. i dont expect you to use it now, but its a thing. you regain wp by resting, or by playing to vice.

ValkyrieRose said:
ah my bad for no explaining that
-1 to your dice pool, not as a modifier, so if you had 6 you would have 5 now

also since i dont think i or anyone explained tto you, you have willpower you cn spend. willpower (equal to your resolve plus compusre) is a resource you can spend to gain plus 3 on any non defensive dice roll. i dont expect you to use it now, but its a thing. you regain wp by resting, or by playing to vice.
Alright.

I understood the -1, it's what you wanted me to roll is what I'm asking.

Ah whatever, not enough clues to draw conclusions.

it would be the number of dots you have in your intellifence and wits, if you're going for the logic roll like i thiink you were, so youd deduct one from that toalr

ValkyrieRose said:
it would be the number of dots you have in your intellifence and wits, if you're going for the logic roll like i thiink you were, so youd deduct one from that toalr
All i was asking for is clarification on what you said, wts, I did not understand what you meant by that or what word you were going for. i udnerstand your using a touch keyboard and those can be annoying.

that said, it has work around, a large exhibition would have a directory, along with prior knowledge given out to what would be there it is simple to deduce without cause for issue.

baby horse= Colt, name of company = Colt, horse that isn't a horse= Colt company.

You want me to roll anyways? I see no reason but your the boss I suppous, just didn't feel the need to test if the character is especially mentally disabled today when the answer can be found easily. To save a roll, use the environment, that sort of thing.

ValkyrieRose said:
no youre fine this time, as if its easy for you to logic out i usually dont grumble
Sorry, just figure I'd rely on rolling to solve a puzzle should i come up an idiot.

Feel free to punish should i get a answer wrong, wod may have it's ways of doing things, but I don't think it has rules for literally sending puzzles at players :P

I think the problem was that you could see ooc that my character had solved the riddle and was going to look for the gun thing, not so much that you were able to figure it out. Kind of like a metagame/non metagame debate.

Zayuz said:
I think the problem was that you could see ooc that my character had solved the riddle and was going to look for the gun thing, not so much that you were able to figure it out. Kind of like a metagame/non metagame debate.
Gona be honest, knew someone was going to bring that up.

I don't have a defence for this, i explained my reasoning the best way i could without the other clues, and I think i did so, hell it was simple to figure out, just a barrier of word play to cut through.

But think as you will, not gona get in a huff over a point I saw coming a mile away.

Atleast give me the benefit of the doubt yea know? I'm not a comeplete twat you know.

i thought about that as well but i know you arent the type ori so i didnt say squat. in the future ill be a tad more secretve if the issue gets raised, which i dont think it will reall. ill post later on

Orikanyo said:
Gona be honest, knew someone was going to bring that up.
I don't have a defence for this, i explained my reasoning the best way i could without the other clues, and I think i did so, hell it was simple to figure out, just a barrier of word play to cut through.

But think as you will, not gona get in a huff over a point I saw coming a mile away.

Atleast give me the benefit of the doubt yea know? I'm not a comeplete twat you know.
I never accused you of doing this, only mentioning possibilities for why we should be skeptical. After all, I rolled for it.

The second half of your response seems a tad uncalled for, though it might just be my mood at the moment. I never accused you of anything, and I think I worded what I said in a rather polite fashion. Would you care to give me the benefit of the doubt in return as not assuming I meant to attack you? I'm not a complete prick, you know.

Lets all just settle down, shall we friends~ - Flora the flower

I apologize.

Instead of going on a thing about this, I'm going to shut up and play the game as it's supposed to be played.

Honestly I don't think any of us meant offence, i agree, i was a fucktard for making that post, probably shouldn't have done it without.. you know.. actually rolling, I made an assumption i shouldn't have, and with new folks theres NO room for assumptions, none, i forgot a golden unspoken rule and shot myself in the foot in terms of party relations.

Should've went with my first character idea, we needed a damn fighter character anyways...

below is basically a thing only people who care about the psychology of human interactions should care about, just a long thought process on an issue brought up. Feel free to tell me your own ideas on such, this is an actual science, and it's wicked weird and understandable at the same time. Excuse me if this seems long winded, the class involving it is my major, along with psychology... so.. yea...

I can talk people's ear off about it.

Caution, long winded thought processes on the mechanics of the human way of thinking ahead.

We should see that the "benefit of the doubt" is generally given to those we trust and care for, a thing gifted to friends, we have no rapport with one another and things are up in the air, this is one of the very, VERY, few instances we have of actually talking directly to one another. As such, we have nothing to base ourselves off of and how we should actually talk to one another.

Like how you talk completely differently when with only friends, but when a stranger comes in, even if a friend of a friend, one is naturally more cautious and willing to point out flaws, and sadly that person coming in is also on edge, thus making a situation. (politeness can be seen as pointed judgement, being overly... uhh... uhh... word... apathetic? uncaring? Can also be seen as a insult as it may seem like the person is writing the whole thing off. The comment I made was a joke and instance of that, not meant to be taken seriously, sorry.)

the science of it is, in a conversation, we create an idea, put it into a medium, which can be typed words or spoken that we construct in a way we think would display the correct message intended, the message then passes through what could be called barrier, which is the person's mood, circumstance, current actions, pretty much everything that is going on, and THEN gets decoded again by the other person's brain. The interpreted message is then given a response, which is in turn going across everything the message already did cross on it's way back to the sender, who then decodes it.

the game telephone made into science.

All in all, it's a wonder we get our points across at all.

TLDR

Acquaintances have a lesser amount of leniency with their words then friends. Even worse with typed words.

@ValkyrieRose

ValkyrieRose said:
You see someone, presumable Samuel Colt, take a shiny revolver, then turn around and fire a string of shits, much to the clapping of everoe.
What kind of gun is that? Don't imagine it'd be that popular :P

It would be a small revolver, probably smaller than a magnum but larger than a normal convealed pistol. Well... i may be overexagggeating the crowd size here as i have no clue how many people liked the sound of gunfire,

Well, techincally every place would be crowded so i can stop being redudant. thousands of people if not more.

If you want to seach for the leafelet yourself you can roll wits invesigation.... or just wait for Kira to stickk her hand in the barrel. both are suitable in this situation. and good post~

ValkyrieRose said:
It would be a small revolver, probably smaller than a magnum but larger than a normal convealed pistol. Well... i may be overexagggeating the crowd size here as i have no clue how many people liked the sound of gunfire,
Well, techincally every place would be crowded so i can stop being redudant. thousands of people if not more.

If you want to seach for the leafelet yourself you can roll wits invesigation.... or just wait for Kira to stickk her hand in the barrel. both are suitable in this situation. and good post~
Love, read the sentence fully, "Then turns around and fires a string of ____" part :P

I think I'll letthe others go ahead, not feeling to well today, plus morale is low from last night.

oh i see what you're saying. i was just thinking of the technique called.... fanning the h ammer i think, where you fire the revolver and then hit the pin? i can change that

you're fine Ori. issues happen and i doubt anyone got a morale drop from that *pulls into a hug* if ya need me chat me up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back