• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

[CoD]Royal Flush

ValkyrieRose

Endless Witch
[media]

[/media]
Royal Flush

Books to be used:

Chronicles of Darkness

Changeling: The Lost

Themes / Moods

Lighthearted Suspense horror

Games

Complications of Fate

Trying to enjoy the moment

Having the courage to come out on top

House Rules:

I embody the "If I don't like it, I'll change rule" too mold stuff to fit the overall theme of the story. specific listings will be placed here once

On Crit Failures

For roleplaying purposes and because i think crashing and burning is an integral part in any story, Critical fails will be dealt in accordance to the number of dice rolled. If the roll consists of 1-3 dice , only 1 1 or 2 is needed for a crit fail. Two 1s or 2s are needed for a dice roll of 4-6, and anything beyond that requires 3 1s 2s. Hopefully this will ease up on you guys... while still pitting you all in the dance of misery and despair. As a result of my mercy on this, my crit failings will not be as merciful.

On Quick Draw

Drawing an item from your person or a container on your person is a reflexive action during your turn. If the item is rendered difficult to reach and equip, such as a knife at the bottom of a loaded backpack, make a Dexterity roll with a -1 penalty. On a success, you draw the item as a reflexive item. On a failure, you draw the item as an instant action. On a dramatic failure, you are not able to draw the item during your turn at all.

Forum Rules

-PG-13 Rating for sexual content, unless we work outside the forum.

>Violence and Cursing are allowed.

-Include Dice Rolls in OOC, and make dice rolls before or after a post as needed.

>Remember that, if using the exalted roller, set the difficulty to 8 or just roll 10 sided dice on the normal roller.

>The Storyteller has the right to roll dice privately without posting the results in the OOC.

>For stunts and social rolls I recommend posting first due to the fact that your speech and actions can affect the dice pool.

-I'll be including the session number and scene whenever a scene or session starts and ends.

-PvP is allowed as long as both parties and the GM can agree to reasonable terms on how it is played out. As a general rule, no social rolls against players (or domination type spells) unless that is prefered by the defender.

@Dark7 @Zayuz @Orikanyo

Royal Flush Session 1 Scene 1- 3 of a kind

She had tried to destroy the game, but nothing could ever prepare for the Gentries’ Darkness. She took a long, deep breath as she ran through the area around her. The Hedge was never known for being kind, and it certainly wasn’t going to change now. As she walked forward, she tried to find it… the one way she could possibly escape the hell she had come to find herself in. This game… she had to win no matter the cost!

The hedge had taken the shape of a clock face… perhaps to mock her. “You’re running out time~” They seemed to jeer at her as she ran, almost breathless… this was the worst kind of game. She moved her head back andd forth, trying to find what she was supposed to seek… the key to leaving! Since her decade of captivity, she had come to understand how ths world worked… and right now, it was being put to the test. The hedge would often bow to the walkers wish, often showing you the way to the path you sought… but when acting direct opposition, you were at the will of those with the stronger ind, and that’s why she was suffering so.

She took a moment to check her surroundings again. The hedge, while still the maze it was, DID seem to be following the same clockface theme. Her steps trotting over a silver IV mark. The goal of the game was simple: “Find the will.” Thus, she kept peeled for anything that could be seen as such. Her eyes caught an image of something… a butterfly that flashed red and blue. Panic set in, and she tripled her already murderous pace. If that butterfly caught her… it wass game over!

“Find the way… I have to find the will!” She said, hoping the hedge would show mercy, taking her to the area she sought. The hedge wiggled and moved, opening new pathways for her. Eventually, it took her to the “Center of thee clockface… at least, that’s what it seemed to her. There was a rotating black line, possibly the seconds hand as it was moving pretty quickly. In the exact center was a pedastal raised by some stairs. On it was a bird in a cage on a branch. At first, she wondered whaat the deal with that was, then she heard it speak. “To Allison I bequeath the freedom to act as my charge, to go into the world and act as I see fit, free t o see the word that was once lost herr. The power to take the reins of history back into your hands.”

That was the will… it had to be! She gulped, looking around it… arranged around it were twelve people… they hadd the same aura of her… these were servants. They movedd in a ssoft, rigid manner, moving as theblack line round them ticked. This was a bit off putting- they were a bit to real to be machines. She knew they were changelings like her… her keeper was a cruel woman that could reduce living things down to statues if she so wished. But…what were they doing here? Were they going to suddenly lash out if she ran up and tried to seize the will?

She ooked around for clues. Seeing none, she took another long deep breath, charging forward. She had no clues to go off of… and surely…. Surey the keeper wasn’t THAT sadisti.

The first step…. She had reached it. There was no movement other than the small movements that came with each second. There was no way they could react in time now! The ssecond step… one more for her prize… her freedom!

Upon the third step, she suddenly froze in place. She could feel cold steel all around her. Her throat threatened to be crushed… she had been wrapped up in chains. She couldn’t turn her head to see what had caused it, but ahead of her she saw some of the clock women… they were suddenly holding chains, and they restricted her neck, arms, legs… she couldn’t move! O her key waas right in front of her!

She couldn’t see it, but she somehow heard it- the flapping of miniscule wings behind her. The butterfly rested on her back… and suddenly she heard a giggle as soft, lilting hands caressed her from behind. “It seems like you lose, Goldlocks~” Came the voice. It was like listening to a flute, poised and graceful, and defiantly off key… but in a good way , it made it surprisng to hear. “And you were so…so close~”

The girl gulped. “Ah… Mistress… forgive me but I thought you saaid all elements of this game was gooing to be fair for me.”

“Hm? But they were silly. I gave you plenty of time to find the wil… I almost grew bored from the chase.” The keeper woulld say, a slight yawn to her words evident.

“But…. The chains.” The girl protested.

“You thought that those people were going to be a…complication and yet you did nothing about it. That’s your fault my sweet tasting little cookie.” He keeper sayss, biting her hand as if she was, indeed, a cookie… whe she might have actually have been.

“Wait so you waned me to…?”

“Remember the rules of the game darling? I said “Find my will and prove you have the strength, the smarts, and the skill to earn your freedom.” She says. “you beat the earlier five puzzles but you ffailed. Not. My. Problem~”

“You wanted me to kill the others? Murder my kin?!”

“Why, yes, what’s wrong with that?”” The keeper assked. She loooked at one of the clockwork women, holding the chains. With a snap, a silver butterfly would fly from her, changing shape and becoming an arrow. Flying around faster than the speed oof sound, it fllew and flew until it impaled itself in the woman. It didn’t stop there, going all the way through the body, doinng a u-turn, and stabbing the woman and she fell, lifeless. She snaapped multiple times and with each snap, a clock woman died.

The main woman gasped. “Mistress… I beg of you, please stop!”

“And now, it’s timme for you to pay up. You lost. You wagered a chance to be free… and now ill take something connected to you that’s worth your freedom. You swore on your name and on mine to uphold it…you must obey.”

The woman gulped, nodding and giving a curtsy. “Yess, my mistress. Your will be done.”

-

May 1st London, Hyde Park

Today was a day that was going to go down in history, everyone in England new it. Her majesty Queen Victoria glory to her name, had proven to be the monarch that Britain needed to get on track. The great worlds fair was being held in the building of steel and glass. Exhibits from all over the world were present, from Indian carpets to the great Samuel Colt displaying his new line of revolver. There was simply way too much for one to list.

All knew that this was history, and all wanted to have their piece here… the first ever souvenirs were being sold and the building itself had plenty of puzzles for the aspiring gentlemen to solve. The building had a few mysteries in it… a rumor was going about that if you solved the riddle of the building, a secret room of happiness and fun would await you, and this became a sort of challenge that the nobles tried to for the aspiring solve, the lower class being uninterested… or simply not smart enough to solve the puzzles.

Outside the building itself was where the…more shady were gathering. Every source of happiness had its darkness, and the Line Razors were clearly up to no good, that no good bunch of misfits lined up ready to strike at…something, though it was unclear what

It is in this building that the adventure begins. “One shilling! One shilling for entr!” The vendor claled

@Morgy @Zayuz @Orikanyo

"Positively marvelous, what wonders await behind those doors, history in the making, right here, on this very day." the tall hatted man spoke to himself, his fingers resting upon his chin in deep thought, a small brochure showed him what the larger exhibits would be, but whatever else could be within... The rumors of puzzles and riddles were quite promising on their own! How could he not be excited, he could feel this was going to be a good day, that much he was certain of.

The singular shilling he had withdrawn from his pockets was a simple tithe to pay to get inside, and with his turn upcoming, he was ready to pay, and even more ready to see what was inside those walls of glass and steel.

Coming upon the vendor he quickly handed over the shilling, eager to get inside.

"Just one, tell me has the rumors proven true then? About the riddles and such inside?" he asked the man during their transaction, keeping their conversation quick as to not hold up any who waited for him to leave.

@ValkyrieRose

@ValkyrieRose

Gideon strode towards the main building of the world fair intent to see what all the commotion was about with is own eyes. He was dressed in his usual attire and carried with him his favorite cane. Everyone seemed to be talking about i on the streets, even his father had encouraged him to go take a look at what had been set up. 'Well this should be rather fun, its always interesting to see something new, add some spice to the day to day norm...' Gideon thought to himself.

Gideon was approaching the entrance tot he building when he noticed the shady people outside of the building gathering around, the Line Razors. 'What in the bloody hell are they doing here?' Gideon thought to himself with a sigh. He had helped treat a number of the gang members in the past so he was rather familiar with this group in particular. The doctor didn't discriminate against his patients, it was rather simple. "If you need my help i will gladly give it, just no fighting in my clinic." Even if someone had no money to pay he would still help them, he couldn't just turn down someone in need..

"So what are you boys up to today? I hope i won't see your faces in the clinic later tonight..." Gideon said with a smile, greeting the group. Gideon had no enemies really it was simple, he helped the people including the gang members and in return they wouldn't target him or his family.

street_princess__aristocrat_englandxreader__part_1_by_xxgabitheangelxx-d8bfqnr.jpg

Today, is a good day.

Or so Kira thought, entering the fair. The Line Razors were here, and she was going to beat them to their game.

The girl expected them to be up to no good, (as usual) and as such she took it upon herself to follow whatever the hell it was, and make sure that they failed.

..And to succeed in their place, of course. As the girl wandered through the fair, she examined objects of importance. There were a few exhibits containing diamonds, that she expected to be a prime target for the gang. ..Beyond that, she had no idea. But that was alright.

Their hiding skills were pretty pretty bad anyways.

One thing Kira couldn't help but notice was that most of the people here were considerably richer than her. It made her kind of uneasy. If she screwed up, there would be a large crowd of important people to see it. Best not to screw up then. One thing the girl considered trying was the mystery riddle thing. Though she was not innately smart, she was educated. That would be enough.. Right? To start, Kira decides that looking for smart looking allies would be a good thing to do. There was power in teamwork. She snickered to herself. She was on nobody's 'team.'

Despite telling herself to look for smart allies, what the girl really ended up doing was looking for any trace of the mystery at all - Scouring the area and asking around for any hints on where to start.

img

The guard at the gate took the shilling. "Well, just Twix you and me, i heaar one or two people foinnd the place and are hving a blast. It's very much real, but i ain't that well versed in puzzles or thelike y'see.." He says, allowing the ggood professor entry. "I'm supposed to tell all who are intrested that. "The horse that is not a horse will lead the way" He says. "Best of luckk to ye, and do enjo the fair!" The guard said, waving him through to continue the line

(Clue obtained- A horse that isn't a horse... well thats confusing, but you're the puzzlemaster! you can choose to roll intelligence wts -1 to try and logic it out now, or just explore the fair and investigate)

@Orikanyo

--

the bunch of thugs turned and looked at Gideon. It was obvious that they tred tolook like gentlement- they had the suits and ties, but most of them were dirty and toornin some way, and they simply did not have the proper bearing of a gentleman. They grinnned, looking at him. "Who's this clown?" One of them asked.

"I think it's that doctor... you know the free clinic guyy. We shoulsn't stab him."

"Oioi, settle down you lackwits." Came the sound of the biggest person there, a muscled guy whose said muscles ripped the suit sleeves clean off of him. This was their boss, Syn Razor. He looked at the guy. "You shouldn't be here doc, we got a very secure and personal attack meeting going on and i'd hate for the good doctor to get caught in the crossfire."

@Morgy

---

Kira had already learned the first clue from the gues, something about finding brightness... and as you sat there pondering it, it was a very confusing hint. A horse that isn't a horse? How the ffrig is a horse not a horse.

As you ponder this, a group of gentlemen begin examining the diamond closely. "I say chap, you think this is the next clue? After the first one i daresay this one will be just as challenging."

"Aye aye i do agree with you, but i don't think they can but a clue in a diamond like they did in the other thing... pluss i can still smell the powder."

(clue gained : powder, something is stuck in something. You may reroll to look for more clues, or roll for logic. the former is the same roll, the latter is intelligene + wits)

@Zayuz)

"Fair enough i'll be on my way soon enough Syn, but if i may ask do you have any information on whats going on, or perhaps this special room everyones been talking about? In exchange you know that my door is always open for you and your men should you need my medical help..." Gideon said with a grin, he had met the leader before vaguely and even treated him once, they definitely weren't friends by any means, however they were acquaintances. "I'm only here to have a quick look around then ill be on my merry way i can assure you i have no plans to interfere with your actions Syn."

A horse and powder..? What the hell? That didn't make any sense. ..Whatever, this group of gentlemen were useless now that she gathered that much. Instead, she continued to wander the fair; listening for any other clues or hints to what was going on. As she walked, something caught her attention.

"Wow that was really clever. most people would be scared to look at something like that! Its really dangerous!"

Dangerous..? She assumed it had to do with the mystery.. What could be powdery, dangerous and horse-like?

She thought, but only for a moment. A gun, a colt specifically could fit that description. The girl glances around her, looking for a gun shop, or stand of some kind..

"Have a good day yourself." the detective nodded to the man as he went inside. the first little riddle of the day it seems, in truth he was happy that he could go to such a place, but to have it hold a riddle as well? Certainly this was going to be a grand occasion. But first, it was time to head inside and see all there was to see, who knows, perhaps he shall think on this puzzle along the way.

Ah, a directory, perhaps this shall help solve the mystery...

"Colt... hmmm... what an odd name for a company. Colt... A young horse... and a brand of firearm... Goodness knows they've been increasing with popularity of late. A horse but not a horse... Were they not doing a display today? Perhaps that shall be my first destination. It is a rather simply deducted riddle, hopefully it is more then a simply advertisement for the showcase. The first clue I have gathered today... not likely the last." he contemplated in silent words with himself as he gazed upon the directory map, pinpointing the location and set off in that direction.

Perhaps it was only one part of a larger puzzle, he shall solve this and then take a look at the other exhibits as well. Surely, today shall be a peaceful day, a slight mind game, lots of interesting things to see, and perhaps a nice meal afterwards, what a wonderful way to spend a day off.

...For some reason he had a feeling this day will not be as peaceful as it was intended to be.

@Morgy

The doctor is examined by the over muscled boss, looking at him,, deep in thought. "Well i hear the secial room doesntt exist, that it's just a muth, but if i were to put a secret room somwhere, id do it uderground so it was sileneced... that's my thoughts on the subject." He says, "We're after more material things so we don't really care about the room... welll a few of my men do. They're convinced its a brothel or something. Lackwits, as if the goverment would put a whorehouse in their national exhibt." He laughs

One of the men return. "We got eyes oon her Captain. She's skulking aronund."

"Perfect. let's get this started." He says with a grin. "If you excuse me, Doc." He says

--

@Zayuz @Orikanyo

You both arrive at roughly the same time to the exhibt of one Samuel colt. It's a firing range of sorts, the man in question displaying several revolvers... theres a heavy police presence here as well, for obvious reasons. You see someone, presumable Samuel Colt, take a shiny revolver, then turn around and fire a string of shits, much to the clapping of everoe.

As Kira looks around, theres a large model o the gun. In it is a paper... a lot o them actually, all saying the same thing. "The light of the mountain will reveal the way. Those who honor the goddess will stand in the center of all, like the san in the center of a rippling pond."

Wincing at the sound of shots firing, a familiar yet unfamiliar sound, due to his work as a detective he has been around guns and of course them being fired many times before. But he has never found himself with much skill with them, or rather he disliked using them. it was the sound they made, the loud shot was incredibly distracting and so loud is almost pierced the ears. At this distance it was fine, but firing it himself was... troublesome.

Today being shown off was the Walker and Dragoon revolvers, and the 1851 Colt navy. All of which the detective hoped he'd never be forced to wield any time soon.

Taking a moment to ignore the crowd and the display he now was putting himself to task on finding another clue, perhaps he was missing a few piece of this puzzle here...

@ValkyrieRose

"I see thank you gentlemen, by all means continue you, i am but a spectator here today...unless im needed..." Gideon says with a playful smile, giving the men a bow as he heard about there plan. 'There after a woman? Why would he bring this many woman to grab one girl?...' Either way, where ever the line razors were there was bound to be some violence and in turn casualties. 'Now now i wouldnt be a very good doctor if i turned the other cheek would i?' Gideon thought to himself, intending to go in the same general direction as the line razors.... Hopefully he wouldn't attract too much attention to himself. He was supposed to be there incognito so it wouldn't be optimal for people to rush up to praising him for his work and kind hearted actions. As nice as the praise was, it could be a pain when he simply wanted to go for a walk in the park or meet with a friend, well not like the doctor had many close friends...

So Gideon simply backed up and began to follow the gang to see just what they were going to do, if anything got out of hand well Gideon was armed and he wasn't afraid to fight if he needed to...

Kira smiled as she found the clue, peering her head into the barrel and quickly memorizing it.

The second part seemed simple; whatever the place was, she needed to stand in the center of something. Most likely near a holy thing.. But the light of the mountain. What was the mountain? Honestly, she didn't know the area very well.. So as usual, she turned to the nearest academic that seemed to be involved in the same thing as her.

This man happened to be rather tall, with a handsome top-hat and a craving for puzzles. She noticed that he seemed to be searching for something around the guns.. And not quite so interested in the show. He was searching for the clue, most likely. Kira made a point of approaching him politely, making a small bow in front of him. ..Class differences and all.

"Excuse me sir.. Are you perhaps looking to solve the mystery that goes with the fair..? I've managed to find the answer to the first clue, but I fear that I am in need of a more intellectual sort.. Perhaps I might bestow upon you the location the first clue is referencing in exchange for help solving the second? Assuming things go well, you needn't tolerate me very long." The thief smiled. He would likely accept, and then the next clue would be an easy ride from there..

@Morgy

Following the Line Razors would prove a bit difficult, as they split into groups. Three went in one direction, and began talking with a guard, while the others continued foward. As you kept walking you would hear a voice.

"Well well, my big bro is seeing the sights and he didn't even tell me." Came a womanly voice as a blonde in a dress gave a wave. "Hey there Giddy, taking the day off to see the sights?" She asked.

"Oh?" the man rose an eyebrow at the sudden appearance of a young woman, with a small curt bow she began to speak, she was speaking of the clues to this grand riddle it seems, and wished his help in recovering the rest of the clues. Well, what a coincidence, this shall aid him greatly in the search for the solution for this puzzle, and he shall help this young woman in her task as he does so.

In truth, it was a plain as day win win.

"Ah, indeed I am looking into the fair's riddle, the temptation was to great for me to resist in truth, I simply could not let it go." he chuckled slightly and put a hand to his hat, two fingers pinching the brim and re-fixing it atop of his head, a smile appearing on his face as he continued. "I shall help you, it is my duty as a gentleman after all. Now then, shall we speak of the first clue? Perhaps we can deduce a path to follow for the second." he accepted the task in helping the young lady, he was also interested in solving the riddle, and since she has solved the first clue, it is beneficial to him to accept her task.

Not to mention he'd be helping her in her struggle as well, if she was struggling at all really.

@ValkyrieRose

Gideon thought he was doing a rather good job at tailing the Razor lines, though it was a bit difficult seeing as they were spreading out. He was about to pick one to follow until he heard a voice, a voice that put him on edge and ran a shiver down his voice. It was a voice that at a younger age he adored and praised but now it was only laced with sorrow and regret...

"Hello there 'sister' I believe i told you not to call me that...." Gideon says before turning towards the thing with look of irritation and annoyance, why did she always insist on calling him Giddy? Perhaps she really was just a copy, Gideon thought to himself remembering the countless times he had questioned her on the topic, not wavering for a second... This was the thing that had replaced his beloved sister, something he had been forced to live with for the last 10 years. he had gotten over the outbursts of rage and hate but that didn't mean his discomfort was gone...

"Shouldn't you be out with your friends preparing for the party that to come or something of that nature? Dear sister" Gideon said faking a smile, addressing this thing called a fetch as best he could. It wouldn't look good if the good doctor treated his sister poorly, besides over the years it was getting harder and harder to hate the fetch seeing how well they treated him. But still so long as he remembered what happened... what he was forced to do, he would never forget his hatred...

"Of course - It's just over here." Kira moves only a few steps over from where they already were in front of the gun exhibit, bringing him to the large model and picking out one of the papers. It seemed that she would make things easy on the next part of the mystery.. She wondered how long she might be able to keep up this process of hopping from person to person and using them to find out the next clue. Well, at a certain point she wouldn't want to anyways. Prizes were always bigger when they didn't have to be divided. Kira unfolds the paper, casually turning and handing it to the gentleman. "The name's Kira by the way, I think we'll do well together."

The paper read:

"The light of the mountain will reveal the way. Those who honor the goddess will stand in the center of all, like the sand in the center of a rippling pond."

"Not too sure what to make of this to be honest.. Perhaps something to do with an angel or statue and a pond around some mountain art..? I guess I just don't quite know where it might be referencing." The girl scanned the crowd quickly for those who might be watching or listening - Just remembering the secret nature of the mystery search.

Glancing over the note for a moment(though the period is about roughly close to a week and a half at the moment) he easily placed the pieces of the puzzle together. With a smile he snapped his fingers as the answer came to him. "The diamond of course, this riddle speaks of the diamond brought in abroad. The rest of the riddle most likely represents where we must stand or how we must view the diamond." he explained with a content look upon his face, the center of something...

"Come, let us continue towards the diamond, certainly there must be more clues there. Or perhaps even the solution to the puzzle as a whole. But that i doubt, or everybody would have been able to solve it by now." he commented as he attempted to remember where the diamond was and began to head that way.

"No time to lose."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back