• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Clutching Hands and Rotting Teeth, a Zombie tale

DemetrioMachete

Messiah of the New Night
40% of "experts" will tell you that the world will end with a Zombie Apocalypse. These same experts will tell you that the only way you'll survive is through stockpiling weapons and ammo, and transforming yourself into a merciless killing machine.

You wouldn't imagine how wrong these "experts" are.

For you see, the world is going through the motions of a Zombie Apocalypse. A virus we know nothing about has spread like crazy, infecting humans through the air, through water, rats, bugs, even our medicine. The virus has no outward symptoms. The infected just... drop dead.

But then they get back up.

If you know anything about corpses, you would know that rigor mortis affects the joints, hence why the dead move slowly. Decomposition is rampant. It's why the zombies rot, why they moan, and why their bodies don't heal. Don't even get me started on the smell. As for why they're trying to bite you.. well, one of life's most primal urges is to feed. The dead will feast on just damn near anything: you, your livestock, your crops, just about anything the mind registers as food. We need that food more.

(In summary, I had an idea for a Zombie shindig where the zombies aren't simply man-eaters, they're parasitic, endlessly hungry omnivores. Survival isn't just about who is the most ruthless zed slayer, it is also about who has the talents to keep those zombie slayers alive. Can't kill on an empty stomach, or when you're sick, or even without a shelter over your head. Who be interested?)

Shucks, I'm a sucker for a good whack of zombie violence. That said, I love the twists and tweaks to the classic shambling rotting corpses. If you're in need of a zombie-chop-happy writer, I'll gladly throw in with you. How many people are you looking to have in this group?

This sounds great! For the characters to have to protect other resources on top of themselves is an excellent obstacle to add to your typical zombie story. I also really appreciate the brief but believable explanation you gave that tells us why zombies are slow-moving eaters. I'm definitely interested (though only available for a small group deal). How often do you expect everyone to post and what writing level are you looking for? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. :3

So yee, I am only looking for a small group. Maximum of 4 counting myself.

I would prefer for everyone to post at least once a week. As for writing, I would prefer multi-paragraph, but when combat arises this can drop to just one paragraph.

Oh great! Those are exactly my writing preferences (and what I'm able to do at the moment). When you have a CS or any other form you'd like us to fill out, I'd be happy to apply! :)  

Once a week? I can do that, but I'll probably end up being much more attentive after this gets going.

That said, I could totally see this roleplay going along the lines of a road trip for Canada. That'd be awesome! Maybe we'll see a moose! ... Jokes aside, whatever direction it goes, I'm with it.

Okay then! With your interest that should equal our group of four. I will send you an invite. Got any questions, just ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back