• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

(Closed) Vampire and the Human

DarkPixie

Glorified Brat
Alice had her black hair pulled up into a perfect ponytail. She had just finished up at the library, she tried to stay out as long as she could but her best friend Brittny needed to be home by nine. Alice sighed as they had approached Brittny's house. "I'll see you st school tomorrow." Her voice was soft and kind, Brittny was the only other person who knew about her home life. The girls hugged goodbye and Alice watched as Brittny went up the front steps of her home and closed the door behind her. Alice looked up at the empty sidewalk ahead of her. Her bag was full of books, ones she needed for school and others of things she wanted to know more about. Alice had another ten minutes to go before she would reach her house. She walked up the next block then turned and smiled to herself seeing the bench she always came to when thing got to out of hand at home. She sat down and pulled a book out of her bag and started reading it by the light of the street lights. Going home was not her favorite thing unless her father was at work or sleeping he didn't normally go to bed till after eleven though which made staying out that late a bit hard.

“Where are you going?”

Heels followed after the clip of dress shoes. It had just turned night, and the two vampires that occupied the penthouse in the Emerald Lights hotel had started to stir. “You have a meeting to attend in an hour.”

“It can wait until tomorrow.” The man said as he grabbed his coat at the door and then turned around to face his sister, “Or you can go in my stead and prove to our father that you’re still the most capable.”

“Don’t think I won’t,” she crossed her arms over her chest, “That doesn’t tell me where you’re going, however.”

Valerian felt the truth on his tongue, but didn’t speak it. He knew she was using her powers against him, it was the way she held herself. How it worked, Valerian didn’t quite know. He’d never fully understood the manipulative powers. The commanding ones were more straightforward.

Instead of speaking, he pressed the button for the elevator, and stepped back into it when the doors opened. “I will see you later,” he said and waved as the doors shut in front of him. He knew well that his sister would be upset with him, but once his task was completed it wouldn’t matter.

Ever since he had arrived in the States, he’d found little to entertain him. He’d been surviving off of bloodwine, instead of drinking from the filth around here. Then, he’d picked up the scent of something much sweeter. It was a dark-haired girl, and truly a girl. She was still attending high school. He’d done a bit of investigating after following her home one day. He figured out her name, and had one of the men here look into her.

Nothing special, no senator’s daughter, no heir, just the daughter of a single father. No one that would be missed terribly, he didn’t think. This one indiscretion could slide, he was certain.

He found his car in the parking garage of the hotel and sped out of there immediately.

Valerian knew the path towards the girl’s home and he walked it, knowing she tended to arrive late. He hoped to head her off to make things easier, rather than have a struggle within her own home. He exited his car a street away and then walked to the girl’s street, but she wasn't there. He recalled a bench he'd seen her sit at before, when he'd been tempted, and he walked down to there.

She was sitting there, fortunately. Inwardly, he smiled.

Outwardly, he called to her, “Excuse me, miss? I’m a bit lost….”

Last edited by a moderator:
Alice quickly flicked though the pages of her first book. There seemed to be nothing interesting about nothing that made her want to continue reading past the first couple pages. Placing the book beside her she grabbed another one, this one was on the history of ancient Rome. There was something about the idea of living long ago that intrigued her.

She checked her watch, after seeing the time she knew there was no possible way she could go home yet. Her father would still be up either watching football and drinking beer or drinking beer and watching football. That's all her father was actually good at, the only reason he still managed to have a job was because the people in town were to afraid to fire him.

Alice hear footsteps approaching her, her dark eyes glanced up for a moment taking in the person that was standing there. In a town like this it was easy to recognize faces, she had never seen this man before. Alice closed her book and placed it on top of the other one, "where are you trying to get to?" She asked standing up and putting her books in her bag, flinging her bag over her shoulder. "I might be able to help you." She adjusted her backpack on her shoulders and have a half hearted smile.

Valerian managed to smile nicely. He had been charming in life, and thought he still was. “Thank you,” he said as he saw her beginning to stand. He took note of the book she was reading, and briefly wondered if it was Damia’s time, and if she’d throw a fit at its inaccuracies if it was. He’d never seen her throw a fit—he wanted to.

He shook those thoughts off, and realized that with the bag over her shoulders, that things were going to be much easier. He could just lead her back to the street his car was on and pull her in. Now, what street was that?

“I’m looking for Walnut street. I have a friend who lives there, in a dark blue house. Ah, the address was something that began with a 3,” he had parked near enough to that one. His car was, no doubt, out of place. The Adams didn’t live like…well, Damia’s term was plebeians. His car was a slick black Maserati. It fit in well enough at the Emerald Lights, at least.

“Do you know the way to that area? I’m already late,” he couldn’t manage embarrassment well, so he opted to fake frustration with himself instead, irritation at his own inability to find what he was looking for, even though he had found it.

"Walnut street?" Alice repeated, she stood there for a moment the turned back looking down the sidewalk that would lead to her house. She had plenty of time to take him there and be back just as her father was going to bed. "It's not to far from here," She walked took a few steps forward nearing the man in front of her. "I can take you there if you like." She really didn't mind as long as it meant not having to go home while her father was still awake.

"It shouldn't take more than fifteen minuets to get there," She said hearing he was late for something. She mulled it over in her brain wondering what on earth he could be late for, maybe it was party, or to pick someone up. She felt the urge to ask him but she thought it over deciding it wasn't any of her business.

she extended her hand offering it for him to shake, "I'm Alice." Her voice was sweet and kind for most people thought it strange her being so nice. After all her life had been no cake walk after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back