• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Colosseum [Closed]Impossible Bosses

Azuria

in progress

impb-png.202134

The past has become a fuzzy memory now. The last thing you remember is seeing a dark ethereal figure before your eyes as they grow heavy, shutting the world out in darkness. An indiscriminate time later, you wake up with a throbbing head, to find yourself in the middle of a field, surrounded by others you do not recognize. They appear to have just been waking up themselves. You were having trouble recollecting anything from the past.

All of you looked around, a disembodied voice bellowing from beyond. Barely having time to reorient themselves the voice uttered these words...

"Hello. It seems like you've suffered quite concussion. You've lost all your memories. Here let me sum it up for you. I have brought you, along with others to my world. If you have any hope of escaping, then you must slay the 100 gatekeepers that oversee the dimensional portal that can return you to your world. Other choices? Die here. Simple as that. I wish you the best of luck."

What happens now, is up to you. Your actions will shape who you are in this world, and may bring you to victory, or to ruin.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Ugh...My head...' Sid rose up upon hearing the distorted voice. According to the voice, it would seem that there will be a 100 'enemies' to kill, will he be fine? Obviously, he needs help to survive. Approaching another person who woke up

"Hello there.." He greeted with an anxious smile, "I-i'm Sid...Nice to meet you."

(Interaction:Lol, anyone.)

embed.php

malachaisized-jpg.202119
D988BB327CDF5D62D692D6BF80C67FD230C7B6FF
-rrRZTztobNJldP8gKafZeBwoc02cdXgLrggrOs1O1OiUIuJQKcQy1b_x8VGrYNxB5M8t7b2Gmi1SJtgtYxtJy1YM2PbBPWi-VXw-uNmLpfkyW2tMN2ApFR-ROX4TvNzwzA=s1600
image-jpg.202415
t_zpsh3btvpyr.jpg
anzhfNg.jpg
8ab07bdad205482257cfa3d6ae3151fc.jpg
284_max.jpg

Out in the middle of a clear field lay the selected members for the trial. Many were still unconscious, yet some were beginning to awaken. None of them had any equipment, apart from the clothes on their backs.

The weather was cool and crisp, a slight sting in the wind that blew lightly from the north, a slight rustle in the trees that circled the clearing. The sun beaming down on all of them provided a refreshing warmth the wind would have otherwise drained. A single, small bronzed dagger glittered in the sunlight, lying in the grass in the centre of all of them. There was only a single path that cut through the trees, towards the south. It was fairly silent apart from the chirping of birds that came from the woods around them, but the grunting of an animal was distinguishable from the light chatter, the sound clearly approaching from the south path.

t_zpsh3btvpyr.jpg

She woke up lying on a hard ground. Carefully, she prompt herself up using her right hand as a support. As soon as her head lifted on the ground, a wave a nausea along with terrible headache hit Clarence strong and hard. 'What the he--' she cursed silently.

The booming voice didn't help also. It said some rubbish things that Clarence easily ignored apart from the 100 gate keepers they need to evade in order to get home.

As soon as she was able, she tried to asses her surroundings. Clarence tried to check to see if she was on somewhere familiar. She looked around and all she saw was the others just like her, unconscious and sprawled near her. The place wasn't familiar. The eerieness made the hair on the back of her neck stood. Even with the sun, the wind was biting her skin. She tried standing up, the nausea was all gone but the pain was still there. Then she tried walking, she manages to take a few strides near the tree. Leaning her back at it, she then saw someone,

"Hello there.. I-i'm Sid...Nice to meet you." The guy had an anxious smile. 'Clarence, ' she said quietly, as she didn't betray any emotions.

@Thepotatogod

Malachai lay on his back, his head throbbing, blood rushing in his ears sounded like pounding. A voice came from nowhere, yet everywhere. The sheer force of it in his weakened state made him wince. As the voice carried on he clenched his jaw and squeezed his eyes shut, rolling onto his side.

"No more drinking, I'm serious this time" He muttered to himself as he tried to push himself up onto his knees, fighting back a wave of nausea. He took the disembodied voice's words and stored them for later consideration. He only paid attention to the part about "no memories", which was true enough he realized. Soon he heard voices nearby. "Along with the others" seemed to sneak it's way back into his mind. "At least I'm not alone eh?" He said to himself as he shielded his eyes from the bright sun and began to search for the source of the talking. He noticed at least two other figures a short distance away. Normally he could see them clearly at this distance, but his head was still fuzzy and concentration seemed impossible.

Malachai shrugged as he pushed himself to his feet and slowly made his way over. However he only took a few steps when a curious sound reached his ears. He half turned to face the trees behind him. The grunting seemed to come from that direction, he slowly took a few steps back in his initial direction. Towards the two people talking. He watched the trees warily, cautiously making his way towards them. Maybe it was just his imagination? Maybe it was his stomach making noises?

@Thepotatogod @TheTraveller

"Oi, anyone gonna notice me ?" Thierry said as he came closer to the group trying to act like nothing happen even though he had trouble walking straight. "Anyone has any idea of who that squeaky voice was ? And what he actually said ? Oh and the part about dying, that doesn't sound too good ?"

He bumps into a gigantic being that loosely resembles a human "Maybe you know something big guy, why wont you inform your little friend what is the meaning of this ?"

He feels a bit uneasy and confused but of course he wont show that or at least he'll try not to. The only thing on his mind right now is to go home, relax or do some quest for his fellow villagers..." What's this?" he says after noticing the bronze dagger"I shall keep this for protection, of course that is if you don't mind me carrying a weapon" He sketches a smirk.

@andujarprime

Creed opened his eyes alert and immediately jumped up squaring into a low crouch. He looked around surveying his surroundings taking in all the information he could and remembering the message the loud voice had passed along.

He couldnt remember anything else other than his name but his instincts told him that nothing about this situation was good. They were all in enemy territory. He walked up to the group of people whom had already come too.

"My names Kreed. Are their anymore weapons or is that it?" He said pointedly and looking at the bronze dagger.

Vincenzo slowly picked himself up, swaying slightly with the dizziness from the sudden movement. Something had woken him and everything felt a bit off. He closed his eyes, forcing his ears to listen harder and there it was again. A deep voice, barely audible through the headache. He listened as the challenge was given but was a bit confused at the mention of others. He took a glance around and his slightly blurred vision didn't betray the presence of others. He reached his sleeve up and rubbed at his eyes, cursing quietly. In the middle of the action he began to hear voices from some direction so he stood up quietly and approached them as stealthily as possible in his current state. Just because they were supposed to work together didn't mean they would... No point in revealing himself quite yet. When he finally came to a point where he could see the group he saw one of them bend over and pick up something shiny. Shiny things were always nice. He reached to his belt and grabbed at... Nothing. It seemed almost reflexive to do that. What could he possibly have been reaching for? He stood there, searching his mind for the memory but found nothing. Strange. He opened his eyes and saw that beautiful shiny object once more. There was something else that caught his interest about the object. It looked rather sharp, that was another thing he was finding rather attractive. Maybe he would have to "liberate" that from the man at some point. The... dagger as it was apparently called held a certain sense of appeal to him. With the new interest found he entered into the area where everyone else was gathered, keeping quiet as he approached. He got within a few metres off them and stopped. Observing silently from the distance.

The hair on Kreeds neck stood up and his eyes darted to a part of the area which was shrouded and hidden. "It feels like someone...or something is watching us. It's at my four o'clock. Give me that dagger and I'll flush it out. Be ready to attack, defend, or flee if things get to dangerous, I'm not saving you. Your on your own. " He said reaching his hand out for the dagger. "Give it. Now."

The Heroes became acquainted with one another, but the peaceful scene would not last. A few birds quickly darted from the trees and scattered into the air, leaves falling to the ground, the sound of a snapping twig following a grunt. A boar emerged from the treeline, charging down the path into the clearing.

The boar continued its pace, its red eyes shifting left and right, getting a rundown of the heroes. It's straight fur stood on end, giving it a larger appearance. It's hooves were covered in mud, but its fur was surprisingly clean and kept. It's tail swayed from side to side as it ran.

Still, further back, more rustling could be heard. It sounded more like footsteps against the cobble, apart from the rustling of leaves, followed by the continual snapping of wood.

(I can see that I'm going to get left in the dust if I don't save my spot, but I don't have the time or energy right now to type an interesting intro)

A huge, wolf-like beast lay on the ground. Her eyes closed, snoring like a freight train. A set of women's clothing and a cloak folded neatly next to her.

Azuria said:
All of you looked around, a disembodied voice bellowing from beyond. Barely having time to reorient themselves the voice uttered these words...
"Hello. It seems like you've suffered quite concussion. You've lost all your memories. Here let me sum it up for you. I have brought you, along with others to my world. If you have any hope of escaping, then you must slay the 100 gatekeepers that oversee the dimensional portal that can return you to your world. Other choices? Die here. Simple as that. I wish you the best of luck."
The creature groaned and felt around with her paw for a blanket or pillow to block out the sound. Finding the cloak, she snagged it with her claws and buried her head under it, leaving her nose uncovered

She sniffed the air briefly, taking in the scent of grass and fresh air. Funny, she didn't remember falling asleep outside... Eh, Whatever. She resumed her snooze.

Azuria said:
The Heroes became acquainted with one another, but the peaceful scene would not last. A few birds quickly darted from the trees and scattered into the air, leaves falling to the ground, the sound of a snapping twig following a grunt. A boar emerged from the treeline, charging down the path into the clearing.
The boar continued its pace, its red eyes shifting left and right, getting a rundown of the heroes. It's straight fur stood on end, giving it a larger appearance. It's hooves were covered in mud, but its fur was surprisingly clean and kept. It's tail swayed from side to side as it ran.

Still, further back, more rustling could be heard. It sounded more like footsteps against the cobble, apart from the rustling of leaves, followed by the continual snapping of wood.
Mmmmm. Something smells like breakfast.

Azuria said:

Kreeds eyes darted to the boar staring it down with intensity. He suddenly had an urge. An urge not to defend himself, or challenge the beast, but an urge to massacre it. It started slight, kinda like a breeze blowing past his face. An idea just barely peaking at the recesses of his mind but it was slowly growing into something more. Something primal and deep. A yearning, a thirst was awakening inside him. He wanted to feel it, to taste the warmness. Every cell in his body wanted to rip the boars throat out and drink its life fluids. His canine teeth seemed to grown of their own accord and the marrow itself changed shaped giving the teeth a long curve. Kreed covered his mouth with one hand as he felt the change.

"What the hell is happening to me. What am i?" He couldnt remember anything about himself or being a blood sucking freak but something in his head kept telling him to stay in control, and he only knew the answer why. The urge was too strong. Once he gave in to it, he might never come back to himself.

"I have to find out what the hell is going on. Who am I? How did I get here?" Those were his ultimate goals. Nothing else mattered. He continued to stare the boar down. He would fight it if he had to. But nothing else. He would not give in to the monster dwelling inside him. He would keep that cage locked as long as he could. Or until he had no other option but to let it free.

Malachai's retreat was interrupted by a new voice. This time right behind him, he turned to face the newcomer. Yeah, no more drinking, he couldn't even detect someone getting this close to him, his mind was not where he needed it to be. He was about to introduce himself, when he was interrupted once more. His mouth half opened he looked down curiously at the two newcomers. He took a step back to watch them. Another twig snapped, and the grunting grew louder. He turned to face the noise, a large boar made it's way out of the trees. He could hear the latest newcomer demanding something, a weapon. It was at this moment that Malachai's stomach churned and gurgled, letting out a loud growl. He placed his hand on his stomach and frowned as the gut wrenching feeling washed over him. He let out a nervous chuckle then turned his head once again towards the boar. "Friend or Foe?!" He called to the beast, trying his best to ignore the inevitable bickering for the dagger. He stretched his arms out, instinctively flexing, loosening himself up. He smiled a little at the potential danger the boar posed. Soon his smile turned to a look of curiosity as the foot steps continued in the trees, followed by other sounds alerting him of their new guests.

Sid noticed the person walking towards him and 'Clarence', alongside an eerie noise and some sort of...footsteps?

"Am i the only one who heard that?" Sid asked, looking behind him. It would seem that a boar had emerged, somebody should hunt it for food. It would seem that he hadn't noticed the dagger on his sides...

Late. She was late. She knew this, somehow. Despite the echo of a voice registering a quiet understanding of her mission, she'd only just managed to pull her heavy eyes open. Sun brought tears forth, and she peeled her drool-stuck lips away from her arm, a slight pout at her surroundings. She took it in quickly. Just as her training permitted.

On her feet, she pulled the leather jacket from her waist and shrugged it onto her shoulders quickly. Keeping cautious eyes on the many bodies ambling about the clearing, curious yet distant, Blakely observed the scene before her. A thrum of footfalls struck her, then, and she couldn't find a more reasonable solution than to dart toward the tree line and scale a tree. The boar was still charging forward and though allies couldn't hurt her, the time for introductions had since passed.

She was light. Inching her way up a tree trunk wasn't so impossible. And once she got leverage on the first branch, it was easy enough to weave up and up toward the seamless sky. She wondered then, if it were feasible to think that she could gain something from the view. At the height she was aiming for, surely she'd be able to spot something which could aid her in her quest. The drive to do this confused her and she noticed her lack of self. Who was she? Why was she here? And how exactly had she gotten here?

No answers came, only the hot ache in her legs as she pulled herself higher.

The boar stopped in its tracks and from the trees an old man emerged, wearing some old rags. He was looking around, his eyes fixating on the boar as he approached it.

"There you are! I thought I lost you! Hm, what's this?"

He looked at all the heroes that were strewn about the field, a little confused at the sight but content nontheless, with his boar by his side.

"You all seem lost. Come, follow me, my village is just down this path. We can get you some new clothing."

The old man gave them a smile, motioning with his hand to follow, returning down the path with the boar by his side. Perhaps at the village they could gain some more information about their whereabouts, the gatekeepers and so forth. There was also the risk it was a trap. There was still much to learn about this place they were in.

"Uhh...Thank you, kind sir...?" Sid said, looking at all the others "I have a bad feeling about this...Anybody capable of taking the lead?" Nervous, he asked the whole group; not knowing their names, what to do.

proxy.php

Kreed sighed. Trusting strangers in a weird jungle forest with no weapons or supplies. If it was a trap they would have to worry about it later since right now this was their only option.

"My names Kreed. We are a indeed lost in this place so thanks for finding us. For now I speak as the representative for the group,unless someone better comes along to do the job. Whats your name old timer? And do you have any weapons we could maybe borrow in your village? We're kinda on a mission. Well looking at the settings i guess it would be better to call it a noble quest " He said trying to think about something else other than ripping the old mans throat open with his fangs.

Malachai eyed the boar hungrily, then shook the thought out of his head as he shrugged and turned to follow the old man. He looked at the group around him, it seemed they were all in the same situation as him. Had they all heard the voice too? Or was it just in his head? He couldn't be too sure, and he didn't want to sound like a crazy person, best to keep that to himself for now he decided. He slowly followed beside one of the other strangers that had spoken up. "Kreed" he called himself, sure why not let him do all the talking. He was more worried about food than anything else. Maybe the village would have some to spare, otherwise he'd have to go hunting. This whole time he had a nagging feeling, like something was missing but he couldn't place a finger on it. It felt like a void inside him, in his mind, his memory, and his heart. It was a very uncomfortable feeling for sure. But until he could figure it out, he didn't want to waste any time or energy on what it could be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back