• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom (Closed) Home is Where The Hope is- Fallout

Apathy

"Is this it?" James McCarthy muttered to himself as he stopped outside of a rickety old building. A small old shack, with a rusty sheet door. Just past the shack was a steep, rocky trail. Impossible to traverse without an experienced guide. Hopesville sounded too good to be true, but at the same time it had to be worth scouting out. Usually isolated communities like this had rare loot stashed away. Assuming this wasn't a trap and he'd have to fight his way out of a raider's ambush. Although, judging by his most recent companion he'd have no issue with any chem fueled raiders. Coming just over the hill up to the shack was a Michael, a massive super mutant.

"I smell someone." Michael snarled out. He pointed a meaty green finger at the shack. "Gunpowder. There was a gunfight recently. And blood."

James nodded, "Hm. Seems muties like you are good for something. Think there's still danger?"

"Bah, with humans there's always danger. I'd keep my head on a swivel. Go inside, I'll keep you covered."

"What you're not coming with?"

Michael shook his head, "No. Too small for me."

James sighed. Well this was where the man said for all travellers to meet. Hopefully he wouldn't die. He opened the sheet metal door and sitting at a table was a ragged looking man in leather armor. The man was obviously tired but appeared confident. "Name's Jed. Just take a seat. You and the big guy outside. There's plenty of room." Jed was right, the shack seemed bigger on the inside. James took a seat at the table.

"So now what?" James asked.

"Oh just wait a little bit, see if anyone else will decide to join our little party. Then I'll explain everything."

It had been 3 months of marching since the 4th Expeditionary Force left UNC lands. After closing in on the signal, the 4th Expeditionary Force dispatched Joe and several other recon teams a week prior. Each two man team were given separate objectives. Joe and his now deceased comrade's was to link up at the supposed meeting point, to meet this guide. After of course surveying the area and radioing in his findings.

Crawling up on his stomach to a ridge line overlooking the shack that was to serve as the rendezvous point with the guide, he spied an odd pair approaching the shanty structure. Keying the mic to his radio he quietly relayed his finding.

"This is Qavvik Actual,to Echo Foxtrot I have arrived at the AO. I have eyes on the structure, along with what looks to be a regular waster and a mutie. Both seem to be traveling together which could mean possibly being non-hostile. Orders. Over."

"Qavvik Actual, this is Echo Foxtrot Actual. You are cleared to engage if they prove hostile. Pop smoke in the event of hostiles being neutralized in the event of neutralization. Echo Foxtrot Out"

With that, Joe slowly crept back and made his way down the ridge towards the shack and the Mutant waiting outside, his Wolverine Lobo following closely behind, ready to rip into anything hostile. Making himself look as non-hostile as possible, while hefting an arsenal that would make a raider radioactive with envy. Walking past the mutant, he gave a polite nod in greeting while keeping his finger on the trigger of his CA-49 Advanced Laser Rifle.

After a moment, he pushed his way through the door and entered a rather spacious room. "Interesting...."

There are many weird sights in the wastes, though few would likely compare with the trio that soon came towards the meeting point unaware what it even was. The first people might notice was the huge dathclaw likely an an alpha , then the ursine yao guai that glowed with inner rando activity marking it as one of the stronger of it's kind. Then finally the least and most odd of the trio , a tan skinned woman dressed in tribal attire that rode the yao guai as if it was a horse of the old world. The two fearsome predators, some of the most dangerous of their kid seemed to be traveling with the seemingly un armed woman who normally would just be a snack for either of them.

Weird was about the best way to sum up the trip the trio had taken following the advice of a dead man that had apparently ascended to godhood. Which most might take as a a drug trip but iluta knew better she had seen way to many things to doubt the vision of the Master she had seen then, just like the sky vault and dead gods below. Iluta had told people like the man in the strange power armor but not even that man who knew so much had believed her, though he seemed to recognize some of the things she spoke of. Well Iluta knew she and her kids should follow the vison she had gotten as they had yet to lead her in a wrong direction.

Heading towards the shack iluta would notice the big green man, a mutant, she had seen them here and there. One of them had once told her it was making wings out of wax and feathers, crazy thing was it had actually flown away. The big green men more often than not were rather hostile, but they could be taken care of easily you just had to hit their chests and their heads exploded, or so she had seen one guy do fighting a munch of them once. Normally her sons could deal with the green men even the really really big ones.

Iluta would direct Otso towards the green man guarding the shack. her reasoning was the master had made his kind and the master had sent her in this direction so the mutant should know why she was there. Well he should know why the master wanted her to be there. That was something Iluta had not gotten, she had been told go nothwest find hopesville. That was not exactly the most clear message but Iluta had wandered on less by odder things, as she swore the talking stone head had her confused by someone.

Iluta would come up still on her son " Is this Hopesville the master said i should find it? " Iluta asked as if everything was normal and the one she spoke to was not some possibly cabalistic monster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back