• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy (CLOSED!!) ᴍᴀʀᴋ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴀɴᴄᴛᴜᴍ - ᴀ ʜɪɢʜ ꜰᴀɴᴛᴀꜱʏ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ! {ADV/LIT}

So, not really sure if I totally got a handle on lore and stuff, especially vis a vis the demons and so on, so obviously that stuff can all be tweaked as needed.

Also the art is pretty rough, I normally do my stuff digitally but I am in the middle of months long, customer support saga over my broken laptop, so you guys get the ultra rare- limited edition shitty pen and paper version of Seneca and her mark.

🔹🔹🔹

View attachment 1143920
Seneca Mistingdale / The Scholar

"Associate Professor of Demonology (Former)", "The mad hermit of Silverwind Peak", "Demonbinder" , "Witchtongue" , "That crazy bitch who burned down half of the campus summoning an infernal behemoth"

Sex: Female | Age: 87 | Ht: tall, even for an elf | Wt: scrawny | Hair: black | Eyes: one is brown, one is neon green, apparently due to the influence of her mark |Skin: Extremely pale | Body Type: Beanpole
Ethnicity: Elf | Mana Sphere: Outer | Occupation: Hermit Researcher | Homeland: The City of Aetheria | Faction: The Arcane Council (former)
🔹🔹🔹

Your Mark
View attachment 1143923

Seneca's mark covers the right side of her face, from her temple down to her cheek bone, with the central, inner pattern manifesting over the surface of her eye. The coloration is bright, neon green. Seneca feels the mark the most when she is engaged in focused, manic intellectual work, especially arcane research. Seneca usually keeps her mark covered with her hair.

🔹 🔹 🔹

Talents and Techniques

Seneca is proficient in both summoning and warding, although the latter is primarily a supplement to ensure her summoning goes smoothly. She can forge binding contracts with demons, extracting service from them in exchange for payment in the form of mana and she can banish or confine lesser demons who are hostile.

Seneca carries a large, leather bound tome which records the roster of demons she has standing contracts with. Seneca can summon and dismiss these demons at will albeit at the cost of her mana. Any other demon Seneca might want to work with will require negotiating a new contract, which can be an involved and costly process and can be outright impossible if the demon in question is unwilling. Seneca can communicate telepathically with her bound demons to issue orders or receive information.

Seneca can reliably maintain two of her normal summons at once for a period of perhaps a few hours and can manage to maintain three for a short period of a few minutes. Seneca can maintain one summon for an extended period of several hours if necessary, though it would not be a pleasant experience.

Grimoire

The Wretched Tribe: A pack of five, winged imps. They are pathetically weak and small, so much so that they had to forge a contract collectively instead of as individuals, but they are capable of concealing their presence with magic and so are excellent scouts and spies. In combat they can serve as distractions by throwing small stones and shouting jeering insults but they are too cowardly to directly attack.

The Questing Rook: A misshapen: vulture-like demon with; powerful, grasping feet and a sword-like beak full of sharp teeth. The Questing Rook is large and powerful enough to fly while carrying up to two people and it can emit a forceful spray of venomous, acidic bile from its maw. One of its favourite strategies is to blind a foe with its bile, seize them with its claws and drop them from a lethal height.

The Harvest Maiden: A loomingly tall, slender demon of feminine appearance with four arms. Clad in a bone mask, a red robe and armed with four, razor sharp sickles, the harvest maiden is a swift and powerful melee combatant. Able to scythe through lesser foes like wheat before the scythe the harvest maiden can also unleash a wailing scream with a brief, paralytic effect. More powerful foes can resist this effect and it becomes markedly less effective if used in succession.

The Shattered Tyrant: Seneca's most powerful summon, so much so that she can only manifest a fragment of its full might and even that is an exhaustive ordeal. The tyrant manifests as a gigantic arm and hand reaching up from a tear in reality, with eyes at the tips of each finger. Besides crushing opponents with its sheer bulk and strength, the tyrant can fire sustained beams of concentrated, fel energy from each of its five eyes.

Seneca's contract with the tyrant only allows her to summon it once per lunar phase and due to its arrogance it demands all other summons be dismissed before it takes the field. At present Seneca would be unable to do anything else at the same time anyway due to the demands on her concentration and mana.

🔹🔹🔹

Skills

Arcane Knowledge:
Fully trained by the foremost magical authority in the land, Seneca has extensive knowledge of arcane matters, her expertise is demonology, but she has a purely theoretical understanding of most commonly known branches of magic as well from interacting with her peers and keeping abreast of their research.

Dedicated Researcher: Seneca is highly proficient at combing through vast quantities of information. She is able to quickly sort through and analyse data to zero in on the most relevant and useful points.

Canny Negotiator: Anyone who regularly has to bargain with demons is obliged to quickly master the art of the deal or they are likely to lose their soul. That merchant wont know what hit him.

Esoteric Polyglot: Seneca has learned several ancient or obscure languages in order to study certain texts, including the infernal language of demons. None of these languages are in common use in the present day so they won't be of use in communicating with actual people, but that is of little interest to Seneca anyway.

🔹🔹🔹

Personality

+Driven, focused, relentless.
+Pragmatic, practical, straightforward
+intellectual, curious, astute
+meticulous, organised, prepared

-blunt, asocial, caustic
-obsessive, self neglectful, sometimes manic
-petty, vindictive, argumentative
-repressed, un-empathetic, cold

🔹🔹🔹

Backstory

Seneca was born to elven migrants to the vast city of Aetheria. Studious, curious and logical from an early age, Seneca seemed destined for a career in academia, sometimes to the bemusement of her parents. Perhaps this pursuit was partially driven by the strange birthmark Seneca saw everyday in the mirror and the odd sensations that sometimes seemed to emanate from it. That very same, highly distinctive marking set Seneca apart from her peers, who regarded her with a combination of unease and ridicule but Seneca taught herself not to be bothered by such trifles, she grew into a focused, slightly cold child uninterested in childish pursuits and opinions.

Seneca's talent for magic manifested early and she demanded proper tutelage in the arcane arts younger than was the norm. Natural talent and an obsessive, meticulous hunger for new knowledge propelled Seneca through her studies at a rapid pace and assured her entry into the hallowed institutions of the Arcane council, first as a student and then as a researcher and finally a professor. Impressive as it was, Seneca's rapid rise through academia left enemies in her wake, jealous and frustrated peers who were further disgruntled by Seneca's generally cold and dismissive attitude towards, well, everyone.

As Seneca burned more bridges and alienated more people they began to conspire against her, restricting her funding and access to important resources and rare texts. It didn't help that, at the same time this was occurring Seneca's research was moving beyond the realm of conventional demonology into more radical, untested ground. Over years Seneca became an increasingly marginalised figure within the council, her reputation transitioning from child prodigy, to eccentric genius, to plain old eccentric.

Seneca didn't care one whit for the opinions of her intellectual lessers, but as they interfered with her funding and access her ability to actually do the research she was passionate about become more and more impeded, infuriating her. Eventually Seneca snapped and resolved to prove the validity of her research and her genius with a live demonstration of a bold new summoning method.

Now because no one would willingly come and observe her demonstration Seneca obviously had to take the initiative and perform it impromptu at college wide assembly of the students and faculty and of course because the ritual invoked a greater infernal there was a certain amount of brimstone, fire and structural damage to the university grounds. Really though the whole thing was blown out of proportion by her detractors who, if they had been paying attention instead of screaming, would have noticed how mana efficient and stable the summoning was!

Alas, genius is never appreciated in its time and Seneca was unceremoniously stripped of her position and title and ejected from the Arcane council. Vowing vengeance and vindication, Seneca disappeared into the Mistveil mountains in search of the solitude that would finally allow her to focus on her research. Eventually Seneca found a suitable location near the peak of Silverwind mountain, setting up a crude laboratory in a convenient cave system. For decades Seneca essentially lived as a hermit, descending only sporadically to the villages at the base of the mountain to trade her arcane services for supplies and equipment. The villagers quickly came to think of her as some kind of mad witch, but unlike her colleagues these yokels had absolutely no ability to interfere in her work and so she happily disregarded them.

For decades Seneca happily, patiently expanded her understanding of magical theory and demonology, charting countless breakthroughs and discoveries that no one else witnessed. Eventually Seneca turned her attention back to the mystery that had started it all for her, the strange mark on her face. Frustratingly, maddeningly even, the mark resisted all attempts by Seneca to unravel its properties. No matter what experiments she performed, no matter what obscure texts she consulted, the mark remained an enigma. For the first time Seneca was stumped.

It was around that time that Seneca began experiencing unusual visions of a stone woman, instructing her to seek out a shaman. It was the kind of thing Seneca might have chalked up as a sleep deprived hallucination but it was also the only clue Seneca had obtained after months of fruitless study. Frustrated but determined, Seneca packed up her modest belongings and descended once more into the wider world in search of answers.
It looks good and thought out. Interested to see how she works with others. An exact height number would be appreciated, other than that, it is approved. The balance of the summonings are good.

Going forward, I would also like to mention that at sometime, each character will get an opportunity for their “OP” moment. Especially if I see things line up development wise and adhere to plotline. I’m a sucker for these kinds of things, and because they are few and in between.

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo alright I’m working on my character sheet, which I expect to finish tomorrow. I’m staying with my idea of an Elf monk who is exiled from a monastery, but I’m changing his magic. We just got a kickass Elf summoner character, so I feel like mine would be too similar. So I’m switching him to Inner Sphere, focusing on Body and Mind. Basically he would shapeshift and create illusions as pranks all around the monastery. However one prank results in the death of a fellow monk, causing my character to be exiled from the monastery. He now wanders the land in search of redemption and needing to do some growing up.

Also, quick question: What would the Elf age equivalent to a 18-21 year old Human be? I want my character to be on the cusp of truly becoming an adult.

Boss gotcha! One seat filled! Nice. AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy go ahead and post Seneca in the CS thread!

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo alright I’m working on my character sheet, which I expect to finish tomorrow. I’m staying with my idea of an Elf monk who is exiled from a monastery, but I’m changing his magic. We just got a kickass Elf summoner character, so I feel like mine would be too similar. So I’m switching him to Inner Sphere, focusing on Body and Mind. Basically he would shapeshift and create illusions as pranks all around the monastery. However one prank results in the death of a fellow monk, causing my character to be exiled from the monastery. He now wanders the land in search of redemption and needing to do some growing up.

Also, quick question: What would the Elf age equivalent to a 18-21 year old Human be? I want my character to be on the cusp of truly becoming an adult.
k cool cools. still figuring it out cuz havent decided on life expectancies yet lol will get back to you but i like the sound of that charrie pivot!

Hello, this is what I came up with :) I may have taken some liberties with her back story but let me know if I need to change or adjust somethings!

🔹🔹🔹

Untitled-1.jpg

Rune Everlight/ Cleric-Bard

Dame Everlight or just Rune

Female/NB| 26 y/o | 5'9'' | 128 lbs| Silver eyes| Snow White Hair | Fair skin
Slim-Athletic Build| Human| Elemental Sphere | Crusader | Artheria | Order of the Silver Crusade

🔹🔹🔹

Your Mark
rune.jpg

Rune's mark sits atop her hand, a luminous symbol etched with ancient significance. It glows with a radiant yellow hue, its brilliance a testament to the arcane energies that course through it. Like a beacon in the darkness, it serves as a constant reminder of her connection to something greater than herself.
She experiences a curious blend of exhilaration and apprehension. A tingling sensation courses through her veins, stirring a mix of excitement and caution. It's a moment that ignites her adventurous spirit while also reminding her of the weight of responsibility she carries. As the glow fades, she's left grappling with conflicting emotions, knowing that the journey ahead holds both thrills and challenges she cannot yet foresee.
🔹 🔹 🔹

Talents and Techniques
With Rune's Elemental sphere, she has the ability to possesses a unique blend of divine magic and bardic spells. Though she has some good knowledge on the elements, her expertise is primarily Light or Divine magic. As a cleric, she heals wounds, cures ailments, and banishes darkness with the power of the divine and her sphere. Rune's musical talents, together with her magic, also allow her to manipulate the very fabric of reality through the power of chants. She can weave enchanting melodies that inspire courage and bolster the resolve of her allies, granting them enhanced strength and resilience in the face of adversity. Likewise, her music can also sow discord among her enemies, disrupting their focus and leaving them vulnerable to attack.
🔹🔹🔹
Skills
Though this doesn't mean that Rune is no stranger to combat. She possesses skill in dueling, wielding a sword with finesse and agility when the situation demands it. Her training with the Order of the Silver Crusade has honed her abilities in battle, making her a formidable opponent against both mundane foes and supernatural threats.
In addition to her prowess in combat, Rune possesses a silver tongue, adept at diplomacy and persuasion. Her charisma and eloquence allow her to navigate social situations with ease, whether negotiating with allies or convincing adversaries to see reason. Combined with her magical abilities, her silver tongue proves to be a potent tool in achieving her goals.
🔹🔹🔹
Personality
Rune is a complex individual, her personality shaped by a blend of duty, loyalty, and a dash of irreverence. At her core, she is fiercely loyal to the Order of the Silver Crusade, viewing her role within the organization as both a privilege and a solemn responsibility. Her sense of duty drives her to always put the needs of the order before her own, and she will stop at nothing to defend them and uphold justice.
Despite her dedication to the cause, Rune is far from stoic. She possesses a casual and outgoing demeanor, often using humor and sarcasm to lighten the mood in tense situations. Her laid-back attitude can sometimes be mistaken for irresponsibility, but those who underestimate her quickly learn that behind her easygoing facade lies a sharp mind and a steely resolve.
Despite her admirable qualities, Rune is not without her flaws. At times, her pragmatic approach to morality can border on cynicism, leading her to make decisions that others may perceive as cold or callous. Her tendency to prioritize the greater good over individual concerns can sometimes come across as dismissive or uncaring, causing rifts in her relationships with those who value empathy and compassion above all else. Furthermore, Rune's sarcastic wit and irreverent demeanor may rub some people the wrong way, alienating those who prefer a more serious or diplomatic approach to interactions. Though fiercely loyal to the Order of the Silver Crusade, Rune's unwavering devotion occasionally manifests as blind obedience, as she seldom questions or challenges the motives of the order, even when they may conflict with her own sense of justice.
In essence, Rune is a multifaceted individual, equally comfortable wielding a sword in battle as she is weaving spells of healing and inspiration. With her quick wit, silver tongue, and indomitable spirit, she stands as a shining example of the ideals of the Order of the Silver Crusade.
🔹🔹🔹
Backstory
Rune's story begins in the heart of Ethereal Haven, where her family has long been intertwined with the fabric of the Order of the Silver Crusade. Her father, Sir Thorne, was a revered knight of the order, known for his unwavering dedication to justice and his unmatched skill in combat. From a young age, Rune idolized her father, eagerly absorbing his tales of valor and heroism as he regaled her with stories of his adventures.
Growing up amidst wealth and privilege, Rune wanted for nothing, her every need attended to by a retinue of servants. Yet, despite the opulence that surrounded her, she yearned for something more, a sense of purpose that eluded her amidst the trappings of her luxurious upbringing. It was in the halls of the order's stronghold that she found her calling, drawn to the noble ideals of justice and righteousness that the order espoused.
As she grew older, Rune's natural talents as both a healer and a musician became apparent, her soothing melodies and gentle touch bringing comfort to those in need. Under the guidance of her father and the other knights of the order, she honed her skills, training tirelessly to become a worthy member of their ranks.
But Rune's path was not without its trials. As tensions within the order began to rise, fueled by rivalries and competing ambitions, Rune found herself torn between loyalty to her family and her own sense of justice. When her father's reputation was called into question by jealous rivals, Rune was forced to confront the harsh realities of the world she had so idealized, grappling with doubts and insecurities that threatened to shatter her faith in the order.
Yet, through it all, Rune remained steadfast in her convictions, refusing to abandon the principles that had been instilled in her since childhood. With determination and courage, she faced down her adversaries, proving herself time and again on the battlefield and earning the respect of her fellow knights.
And though her journey has been fraught with challenges and uncertainty, Rune continues to walk the path laid out before her, guided by the timeless values of honor, duty, and sacrifice that have come to define her as a member of the Order of the Silver Crusade.
🔹🔹🔹

Last edited:
Lost Martian Lost Martian for the sake of ease and not making it too weird, we decided to go with and equivalent aging process up to age 20. Then like in the mid 20s the aging process reeeeeeeeally slows down. This is the same for the other types of peoples just the aging rate is different depending on lifespan

Speaking of which the lifespans for all the diff peoples has been updated int he lore thread!

Clownery Clownery wow i really like your charrie!

she is really well thought out and if she accepted i can see the crusader perhaps butting heads with the demonologist lol just need to get NamelessTrax NamelessTrax sign off on Rune.

Sorry for the delay! I will try to finish my CS by tomorrow or day after that. Kinda busy with the house moving.

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo alright I finished my character sheet. Let me know if anything needs changing.

🔹🔹🔹

RnIKwYb.png

Vatumis Winterkin / 'The Trickster'

'The Foolish One’, ‘Murderer’, ‘The White Monk’, ‘Old Long Ears’

Male | 24 | 6’2’’ | 181 lbs | Long White Hair | Bright Blue Eyes | Pale Skin | Athletic Body Type | Elf | Inner Sphere | Wandering Monk | SW Mistveil Mountains | Mistveil Clans (In Exile)

🔹🔹🔹

Your Mark

OGNVyZt.png

Vatumis’s mark is an eye surrounded by lines, which is normally a dark purple, almost black in color. The mark is located on the right side of his body, just above his hip. When in use the mark glows a bright violet color. He feels the mark the most when he is feeling clever or that he figured something out.

🔹 🔹 🔹

Talents and Techniques

Body Magic:
+| Vatumis is able to change his features to appear like that of another person. His entire body will alter to resemble whoever he is trying to impersonate.
+| Vatumis can also temporarily transform his limbs into weapons, turning an arm into a mace for example. The limb remains flesh, it just gets stronger and more durable.
-| For Vatumis to replicate someone’s appearance, he must either know them very well or have an extended period of time to observe them. Otherwise the features don’t come in properly and Vatumis looks strange and very easy to pick out in a crowd.
-| Using such transformations drains on Vatumis’s mana reserves. The greater the change, like say switching species, the more mana burn happens. As Vatumis begins running out of mana, his disguise will begin to unravel, eventually just fading back into its natural visage.

Mind Magic:
+| Vatumis is able to picture something and then recreate it in the minds of those nearby, making it appear that the object or creature was really there. The illusions may move around and do complex tasks.
+| Vatumis is able to distort the sense of those around him, making him just appear like anyone else in a crowd.
-| All illusions that Vatumis makes must actually exist in his head as something he has designed. An off the cuff illusion would be smaller and not as convincing.
-| All of Vatumis’s illusions can not actually interact with another being. If an illusion was to try and touch a person they would just pass right through.

🔹🔹🔹

Skills
+| Martial Artist. Since childhood Vatumis has been trained in both Elven and Dwarven martial arts. While by no means a master, Vatumis is able to defend himself well with both his fists or the bo stick he travels with.
+| Well Read. Part of Vatumis’s lessons were in the classic tales of Archaia. He is easily literate in several languages, though he has troubles with some pronunciations, and is knowledgeable in a variety of fields.
+| Tracking and Foraging. A key skill among the Elves of the north, Vatumis has been trained in both hunting game and in knowing what plants are edible.
+| Stealth. Something Vatumis came into on his own by exploring the monastery, the young Elf would find that he had a gift for getting around unnoticed.
+| Vocal Mimicry. As Vatumis pulled pranks over the years with his Body and Mind magic, he would learn to replicate the voices of others as well as throwing his voice. He can currently replicate almost any sound he hears.

🔹🔹🔹

Personality
+| Intelligent, studious, focused
+| Quirky, fun, unique
+| Dedicated, hard working, reliable
+| Creative, free spirit, original

-| Childish, juvenile, immature
-| Lack of foresight, impulsive, reactive
-| Self-doubt, inner turmoil, anxiety
-| Lack of empathy, no social awareness, awkward

🔹🔹🔹

Backstory
Centuries ago, a whole tribe of Wood Elves were forced out of their home by rival species, the mostly peaceful Elves not prepared for war. The Wood Elves would head north, ending up in the southwest Mistveil Mountains. There they would try and eek out an existence, making temporary shelters and trying to hunt the few game that existed in the north. In all likelihood they wouldn’t have lasted long, but they received aid from some nearby Dwarves.

These Dwarves would teach the recently arrived Elves how to carve stone and thrive in the cold mountains. In only a few generations the Elves and Dwarves intermingled, forming a new society in the southwestern mountains. Soon a new culture would emerge based on the practices of Dwarves and Elves, one with its own views on things and rules for how to live. The apex of this new society would be the monasteries, places of great knowledge hidden in secret valleys within the mountains.

In recent years the monasteries have remained mostly the same, one of their core rules being that they will take in anyone who is willing to train. This apparently included abandoned children as Vatumis was taken in by them after being left at their doorstep. He was a child conceived out of wedlock, a major issue in this society, so to save face his mother dropped him off at the monastery.

Given the traditional orphan’s family name of Winterkin, Vatumis was taken in as a foundling at the monastery, his story being the same as many other children, save the curious mark he had on his side. From a young age, Vatumis would be the class clown in both studies and training. While he caused many distractions, in truth he was taking in every word said and technique showed. It was just so easy for him that he grew bored and wanted to push the boundaries of the monks of the monastery.

Vatumis’s misbehavior only got worse when his magic manifested. Discovering that he had access to the Inner Sphere, it wouldn’t be too long before he discovered that he could cast minor illusions, messing with his fellow pupils by faking ghosts and mysterious noises. Eventually the older monks caught on and began to chastise Vatumis, but also taking a personal interest in training him in the magical arts.

With the help of a senior monk, Vatumis was able to learn that he could use Body Magic, able to transform his visage to look like the other monks at the monastery. This advanced magical ability at a young age, as far as Elves go, was a source of pride for Vatumis, as he felt much more skilled than the other pupils in his age group.

This would draw the ire of another Elven monk, one who would become a rival to Vatumis. This rival was not a foundling and had instead decided to join the monastery of his own volition as a child. The rival would begin to spread rumors about Vatumis, attempting to turn the other pupils against him. This would prove to work and soon Vatumis was a pariah among the other young Elves and Dwarves of the monastery.

Vatumis would lean into this archetype, pulling many pranks around the monastery. He thought that if he were to be hated, at least he should have fun with it. Using his ever increasing power with Body and Mind magic, Vatumis would mess with everyone from pupils all the way up to the Abbott of the monastery. He would be rescued from expulsion several times by the Abbott, who apparently saw something in Vatumis.

Angry that Vatumis was still around, his rival would start a nasty rumor that Vatumis’s mother was a prostitute and that he was a bastard. This enraged the normally chill Vatumis, who vowed to get back at the rival. So he followed the rival on his morning run outside the monastery, planning to spring a trap.

As the rival passed near a cliff side, Vatumis conjured an apparition of a large dire wolf. The dire wolf would charge at the rival, forcing him to the side of the cliff. The rival would then prepare to fight back with magic, only for Vatumis to dispel the illusion. Laughing at the rival, who’s face was flushed with red, Vatumis was happy. That was until the ground gave way and the rival fell down off the mountain side.

It would take many hours for the monks to find his body, but eventually the rival was discovered dead. Immediately the whole of the monastery turned on Vatumis, people calling him a murderer. Even the Abbott could do little to help, only helping make the local clan leaders view it as an accident. Still, it was a terrible affair, one that resulted in Vatumis in being exiled from his home.

Before he left, Vatumis would be told by the Abbott to search for a purpose, a redemption of sorts. Vatumis would take this advice, and instead of simply heading for the next big city, he decided to wander Archaia. Realizing that he needed to grow up, Vatumis would try and help the people he came across in his travels, in an effort to improve himself as a person.

🔹🔹🔹

I had a thought. What if a player or npc mistook Kaito for someone else? 🤔

fixed.

k sooooo like as soon as we get Dovinique Dovinique cs up we should be good to go to a RPN Private chat. RoninN7 RoninN7 just needs to update CS and post so not worried there.

Notice how like Darkbloom Darkbloom is offering up some kinda backstory link? if you want go ahead and like chat it up if you feel like tryna have some background past linking your charrie with anothre. LIke normally i'm down with that but for this charrie, i want her to have a hidden past cuz it works for her concept. she trying hard to keep incognito but its tough when a giant cat is your bff lol

Sooo I have a question about Deities. I wanted to know if the order has one or a few that they serve? Having my character as a crusader/cleric/bard type and all, I plan on Rune having to commit to a specific Deity, as protocol at least. (Though wouldn't it be funny to make her an atheist/agnostic despite, lol Just a thought.)

Sooo I have a question about Deities. I wanted to know if the order has one or a few that they serve? Having my character as a crusader/cleric/bard type and all, I plan on Rune having to commit to a specific Deity, as protocol at least. (Though wouldn't it be funny to make her an atheist/agnostic despite, lol Just a thought.)
sooooo like from my understanding is that this world has no gods and only somethings called ancient Elder Spirits. Like i think later on they gunna mark the back of our hands too.

In my head, there are religions but they fall upon deaf gods ear cuz they dont exist. Its only a religions faith that the gods give power but its actually the manifestation of Mana from the Leylines that is 'grasped', shaped and cast using magic talents/techniques. Magic in this world is from Mana which is from the Leylines. People can be like self-taught casters but they will never get to ascend to higher power levels unless they are trained kinda like a martial artist training under a bunch of masters until they achieve their own 'style' if that makes sense?

But i'mma leave the lore to the LOREMASTER!! Darkbloom Darkbloom did you wanna expand on the whole Elder Spirit thingie?

I'll have a good long think about it. My brain is currently mush but once I sleep on it I'll have something good by the end of my work day tomorrow.

I'll have a good long think about it. My brain is currently mush but once I sleep on it I'll have something good by the end of my work day tomorrow.
k cool cools. cuz yeah the only place in the Lore we have anything regarding bestowing powers is just the Elder types in the Calling tab. The only other thing bestowing powers is like from Spirit and Summoning cuz you have to like bargain and appease otherworldly beings which i dont think qualifies as gods cuz its not like a big boss level super ultra nigh unstoppable being but more like... relations with ghosts and wheelin and dealin with old or demonic spirits. i mean you can beat up a spirit but you cant beat a god lol

Noir-1.jpg

Noir-Hanatada.png

🔹 🔹 🔹

The Huntress
“The Oath Breaker”
#E7EBC5

Female | 28 | 170cm - 5’7’’ | 67kg - 147lbs | Broken White | Red | Pale | Slender
White Wolf Bestial | Outer Sphere | Solitary Huntress | The Verdantwood Forest | Factionless

🔹 🔹 🔹

THE MARK

Noir-Mark.png

Noir’s mark resembles a wolf's head, located at the back of her ear. Its color is black when not active, but will glow in dark blue once activated. Noir feels her mark most intensely when she is in the thrill of hunting.

🔹 🔹 🔹
  • Noir is a complex creature, having both the fierce independence of the untamed wilderness and the cunning resourcefulness required to survive within it. She roams the forest as a solitary hunter, valuing freedom and autonomy above all else. However, her independence also breeds a certain level of distrust towards others, particularly humans or beings from civilized lands, whom she sees as threats to her way of life. This wariness extends to forming attachments, as she is wary of relationships that could potentially be used against her.

Noir's loyalty though, once earned, is unwavering, underscoring her capacity for deep connections despite her initial distrust. Though she is not easy to trust and fiercely independent, she is not cold; she treats others with respect, recognizing the value of mutual understanding. Her cautious nature arises from a deep-seated instinct for self-preservation, a trait honed by her solitary existence in the wild.

Noir is deeply in tune with her animalistic instincts and primal nature. She embraces the thrill of the hunt and the freedom of the wild, reveling in her role as a predator within the ecosystem. She follows her instincts more than her heart when making decisions, relying on her wits to outsmart everyone.

While Noir respects the natural world and strives to live in harmony with her environment, she can also be aggressive and territorial, fiercely defending her hunting grounds against intruders. This territorial behavior stems from her deep connection to the land and her instinctual need to protect her territory and resources. However, Noir also acknowledges her place within the larger ecosystem, taking only what she needs from the land and viewing herself as an integral part of the natural world.

Last edited:
There you go! I'm not really sure if ward magic works that way, so let me know if I need to change it ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back