• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern โ€” ๐‚๐‹๐„๐Ž๐๐€๐“๐‘๐€.

astrowrld

why don't you get a grip?
tumblr_inline_p7jyjhu5iy1si4jed_500.gif

closed 1x1 between fitz && madi
dni unless you're one of us

[class=variables] --accent: #1a4996; --image: url('https://i.imgur.com/XE91lTj.png'); --texture: url('https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/asfalt-dark.png'); [/class] [div class=variables] [div class=back] [div class=poly][div class=poly2][/div][/div] [div class=bkg] [div class=container][div class=header]oliver ambrose.[/div] [div class=post][div class=scroll]The summertime was, quite honestly, one of the only consistent things Oliver could look back on and be happy about. When he and his family could go to the beach and spend all day out in the sun, that was when Oliver truly felt his happiest. This summer was no different, except for a major change in scenery โ€” his dad had finally decided to rent out a house in Malibu, and Oliver finally had a piece of the ocean that he could call his own, at least for the time being. There were other residents on this specific stretch of beach, but Oliver paid no mind to that.

The sun gently kissed his skin as he stepped out of the backdoor of his house, Trevor hot on his heels. His parents were still inside the house somewhere, probably still worried about making sure sunscreen was covering every inch of their skin, but Oliver had already made sure both he and Trevor were covered in enough sunscreen to make his mom happy. Trevor was carrying his favorite Spiderman towel, spreading it out on the sand before running towards the water. Oliver smiled as he watched his brother, hearing his dad's call in the back for Trevor to not go too far out into the water.

The water was unfortunately not in good surfing conditions today, but Oliver didn't mind. Trevor had been begging him to go swimming anyways for the past couple of days, so he wasn't too torn up about it. He followed his brother into the water, taking a few moments to get used to the mild chill before going after to his brother. He could see the handful of water in his brother's hand already, but wasn't expecting it to hit him right in the face, his brother's laugh echoing loudly.

"You're a little twerp, you know that?" Oliver said, picking up his brother and throwing him over his shoulder, Trevor only giggling louder as his mom called out for Oliver to be careful. Oliver responded to that by throwing his little brother into the water, his mom's sharp "Boys!" reaching his ears. He helped Trevor back up, making sure he was okay before picking him up again, Trevor's giggles loud as ever as he headed back towards their parents.

"Ollie! Ollie put me down!" Trevor said, gently smacking Oliver's back. "There's a puppy, let me go pet it, please Ollie!" Oliver obliged, looking at his mom for permission.

"Make sure he asks whoever owns that dog if it's okay before he pets it, okay?" His mom said, Oliver nodding in response. He scanned the beach, seeing a girl who looked like she was paying close attention to the dog, making the assumption it was her dog. If he was wrong, wouldn't have been the first time. He whistled to get Trevor's attention, grabbing his hand as they walked over towards her. He tried to make sure his presence was announced before he got up to her, not wanting to scare her.

He opened his mouth to ask the question, but Trevor beat him to it. "S'cuse me, miss? Can I pet your dog?" Trevor asked, pointing off towards the dog's direction as if he assumed that she didn't know what dog he was talking about.

"Sorry- about him. He saw your dog and really wanted to pet it. Is that okay?" He asked, making eye contact with her at last, and he couldn't help but notice that she was extremely pretty โ€” not that he'd say it out loud, but he just had to make the observation.
[/div][/div] [/div] [div class=tagflex] [div class=tagbox][div class=tag]mentions[/div]
john, miranda, + trevor ambrose, adrian thompson[/div] [div class=tagbox][div class=tag]theme[/div]
lost โ€” frank ocean[/div] [div class=tagbox][div class=tag]tags[/div]
murphalicious murphalicious [/div] [div class=tagbox][div class=tag]mood[/div]
content + happy[/div] [div class=tagbox][div class=tag]outfit[/div]
here [/div] [div class=tagbox][div class=tag]location[/div]
malibu - beach[/div] [/div] [/div][/div][/div] [class=back] width: 99%; background: var(--texture); background-size: 20%; background-color: #f5f5f5; margin: auto; height: 400px; border: 1px solid #c5c5c5; cursor: url('http://i.imgur.com/ZOrzC.png'), auto !important; [/class] [class=bkg] width: 1100px; height: 400px; margin: auto; overflow: hidden; position: relative; top: -400px; [/class] [class=poly] height: 400px; width: 300px; clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 75% 0%, 100% 50%, 75% 100%, 0% 100%); background: var(--accent); position: relative; [/class] [class=poly2] clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 75% 0%, 100% 50%, 75% 100%, 0% 100%); height: 400px; width: 300px; background: var(--image); background-size: cover; background-position: center center; position: relative; left: -45px; [/class] [class=container] height: 300px; width: 600px; position: relative; top: 50px; margin: auto; [/class] [class=post] height: 250px; width: 570px; background: #f5f5f5; border: 1px solid #c5c5c5; position: relative; margin: auto; overflow: hidden; font-family: Inter; color: black; font-size: 12px; white-space: pre-wrap; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=header] font-family: Abril Fatface; font-size: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #454545; position: relative; left: 15px; [/class] [class=tagflex] height: 251px; width: 350px; display: flex; content-justify: space-evenly; flex-wrap: wrap; position: relative; left: 850px; top: -192px; font-size: 12px; color: black; font-size: Inter; [/class] [class=tag] font-size: 15px; display: inline; font-family: Abril Fatface; color: var(--accent); [/class] [class=tagbox] height: max-content; width: 125px; text-align: center; [/class] [class=scroll] overflow-y: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; padding: 10px; padding-right: 25px; width: 99%; height: 100%; [/class] [class=dialogue] color: var(--accent); font-weight: bold; display: inline; [/class]

[div class=variables]
[div class=container] [div class=info] [div class=image]
[div class=text] [div class=title]adrian [div class=icon][/div][/div] [div class=details] [div class=tag]outfit[/div] here.

[div class=tag]location[/div] malibu - the beach.

[div class=tag]tags[/div] astrowrld astrowrld [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=content] Adrian stood on the balcony of her families beach house and took a breath, basking in the moment. She was planning on probably going to the beach today and before she knew it, Connor came running into her room. She smiled. She was a huge softie for her 5 year old brother. "Hey Con," She said, opening her arms for a hug. He ran into her arms and squeezed. She picked him up and spun him around, her mood instantly lifting. Comet, her golden retriever jumping around with them as they spun. "AJ, can we go to the beach?" He asked.

Adrian smiled, "You know it kid. Let me get out of my jammies and get ready. Then we can head out with Comet. Go tell mommy." She said and put him down. Their parents were extremely lax. She was allowed to do whatever she wanted and she frequently took Connor with her to the beach without supervision. She changed into her swimsuit and put a big button up over it and grabbed their bag that she always had ready. It had towels, goggles for Connor and sunscreen. She was a better mother to Connor than their own Mother. She grabbed Comet's leash and a bowl and walked downstairs, Comet following. "Alright, kiddo, you ready to skiddadle?" He nodded and took her hand. The two and Comet left the house without saying goodbye as their mother was sleeping. Adrian took them to the cafe first to get Connor some food and herself some iced coffee before heading down to the beach. Once they had all their goodies, they made their way down and Adrian settled with Comet and Connor went to make sand castles at the shoreline.

A few minutes later, she looked up to see another boy and almost thought it was Connor, but it wasn't. He was calling her miss and asking to pet Comet who was now sitting with Connor. "Oh sure! Go ahead." She smiled and put her book down that had taken her attention away, Connor knew not to go in the water without her so she could read without worrying too much. She looked at saw the boys older brother. "Totally fine. Comet loves kids. He's with my brother right now anyway. I'm sure they'd love a friend. I have a ball in here too if they all want to play fetch." She said digging it out of her bag and putting her book away. The boy looked probably a year older than her. "I'm Adrian by the way. Comet is the dog and then Connor is my little brother. He's 5." She didn't know why she was introducing everyone. It was her damn soft spot for Connor and the way the other little boy loved dogs. [/div] [/div][/div][/div] https://www.rpnation.com/threads/โ€-โ€”-๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ-๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ-๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ.466575/[/div] [class=variables] cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/232c090ebdd37ae4bc17adb54e1e0344/tumblr_inline_ol4nwhvSwg1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; --color: #fcb3f6; [/class] [class=container] max-width: 400px; padding: 20px; border: 1px solid #f2f2f2; margin: auto; background: #fff; color: #000; [/class] [class=info] display: flex; flex-direction: row; width: 100%; justify-content: space-evenly; margin-bottom: 20px; [/class] [class=icon] display: inline; color: var(--color); font-size: 27px; padding-left: 2px; [/class] [class=content] height: 300px; overflow-y: auto; font-size: 12px; line-height: 22px; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=image] width: 35%; height: 200px; background: url(https://i1.sndcdn.com/avatars-000326458854-qnpicn-t500x500.jpg); background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 50%; [/class] [class=text] width: 60%; margin-left: 5%; height: 200px; overflow: auto; [/class] [class=title] font-family: Abril Fatface; font-size: 30px; text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 5px; [/class] [class=details] height: 142px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; overflow-y: auto; [/class] [class=tag] font-weight: bold; color: var(--color); [/class] [class=link] display: inline-block; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; font-size: 10px; font-family: Avenir; color: #999; [/class]

Last edited:
[class=variables] --accent: #1a4996; --image: url('https://i.imgur.com/XE91lTj.png'); --texture: url('https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/asfalt-dark.png'); [/class] [div class=variables] [div class=back] [div class=poly][div class=poly2][/div][/div] [div class=bkg] [div class=container][div class=header]oliver ambrose.[/div] [div class=post][div class=scroll]Oliver smiled slightly when she gave permission, Trevor grabbing the ball with an overeager "Thanks, miss!" before darting off to go play with the dog and the girl's little brother. Trevor's loud laughs and introductions echoed on the beach, and Oliver turned back to the girl when she began introducing herself. "I'm Oliver. That was Trevor, my younger brother. He's six." He said, his tone turning a little soft as he spoke about his brother, the way it always did when he was with Trevor.

Oliver found himself glancing out towards Trevor yet again, knowing that with good reason, Trevor was going to be fine, but that didn't stop him from worrying anyways. "I assume you guys are here for the summer?" He said, the tone of his voice surprising him a little. This was probably one of the first times Oliver was almost desperately trying to keep a conversation alive, because he truly wanted to keep talking to Adrian โ€” even if, at the moment, his reasoning for it was extremely superficial. He thought she was pretty, and hoped she shared the same sentiment towards him, even if he knew it was slightly far fetched. He was taken away from his thoughts from his brother's call, Oliver fully paying attention to the little group made of Trevor, Connor, and Comet.

"Ollie! Ollie, watch me, watch me!" Trevor spoke, picking up the ball and throwing it, giggling loudly when Comet dashed to go get it. Oliver smiled widely, giving his brother thumbs up as he went to go sit down next to Adrian. "I hope it'sโ€” okay that I sit here." He started, realizing just how awkward this situation might've looked. He had met her maybe not even five minutes before, and was sitting next to her like they were buddies. He glanced down towards the beach once again, chewing his lower lip between his teeth. If she wanted him to leave, he would. He just didn't want her thinking he was some kind of creep for sitting down next to her.
[/div][/div] [/div] [div class=tagflex] [div class=tagbox][div class=tag]mentions[/div]
trevor ambrose, adrian thompson[/div] [div class=tagbox][div class=tag]theme[/div]
kinda awkward[/div] [div class=tagbox][div class=tag]outfit[/div]
malibu - beach[/div] [/div] [/div][/div][/div] [class=back] width: 99%; background: var(--texture); background-size: 20%; background-color: #f5f5f5; margin: auto; height: 400px; border: 1px solid #c5c5c5; cursor: url('http://i.imgur.com/ZOrzC.png'), auto !important; [/class] [class=bkg] width: 1100px; height: 400px; margin: auto; overflow: hidden; position: relative; top: -400px; [/class] [class=poly] height: 400px; width: 300px; clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 75% 0%, 100% 50%, 75% 100%, 0% 100%); background: var(--accent); position: relative; [/class] [class=poly2] clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 75% 0%, 100% 50%, 75% 100%, 0% 100%); height: 400px; width: 300px; background: var(--image); background-size: cover; background-position: center center; position: relative; left: -45px; [/class] [class=container] height: 300px; width: 600px; position: relative; top: 50px; margin: auto; [/class] [class=post] height: 250px; width: 570px; background: #f5f5f5; border: 1px solid #c5c5c5; position: relative; margin: auto; overflow: hidden; font-family: Inter; color: black; font-size: 12px; white-space: pre-wrap; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=header] font-family: Abril Fatface; font-size: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #454545; position: relative; left: 15px; [/class] [class=tagflex] height: 251px; width: 350px; display: flex; content-justify: space-evenly; flex-wrap: wrap; position: relative; left: 850px; top: -192px; font-size: 12px; color: black; font-size: Inter; [/class] [class=tag] font-size: 15px; display: inline; font-family: Abril Fatface; color: var(--accent); [/class] [class=tagbox] height: max-content; width: 125px; text-align: center; [/class] [class=scroll] overflow-y: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; padding: 10px; padding-right: 25px; width: 99%; height: 100%; [/class] [class=dialogue] color: var(--accent); font-weight: bold; display: inline; [/class]

[div class=variables]
[div class=text] [div class=title]adrian [div class=icon][/div][/div] [div class=details] [div class=tag]outfit[/div] here.

[div class=tag]tags[/div] astrowrld astrowrld [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=content] Adrian's heart warmed seeing Connor happily playing with another kid. She had to admit, she was a tad overprotective of her baby brother, but for good reason. He had been hurt already so much at such a young age and she wanted to keep him happy whatever it take. Her face held a very small smile. "He's cute," She nodded and let her smile grow a little bit wider, she didn't open up very much to strangers, but they both had little brothers almost the same age.

So they were summer houses. People Adrian didn't love to get mixed up with, especially guy wise. She had been hurt horribly once before and vowed to never let it happen again. Of course, she had been 15 and a total dumbass, but still. It was only for the summer. And yet it crushed her. "Actually we live here full time," She said. Connor had basically grown up on the beach. Adrian had only been 12 when he was born, but as soon as she was able to, she was carting him down and playing in the sand. There was no one to tell her no. She was about to say something bitchy about only being here when the weather was nice, but then his little brother spoke up and got his attention. It snapped her out of it. She could play nice for the sake of Connor having a friend who was not a little snobby asshole.

"Yeah, of course." She scooted over on the towel to give him some room. "Since I'm assuming you are only here for the summer, where are ya from vacation boy?" She smirked a little and then looked back over to see Connor running up to her. "Can I've some water, AJ?" He said quickly, determined to get back to playing. She smiled and opened a bottle of water handing it to him, "Don't spill, bubs. Take a drink and give it back, okay?" Connor nodded and gulped some down, handing it back. "Thanks 'drian. " He said, bounding off towards Comet and Trevor. She smiled and looked at Oliver, "Kid can't say my name for shit. Calls me everything except for Adrian." She turned her attention back to him, fully. He really was handsome, but she didn't want to go there. Not without knowing anything about him. [/div] [/div][/div][/div] https://www.rpnation.com/threads/โ€-โ€”-๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ-๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ-๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ.466575/[/div] [class=variables] cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/232c090ebdd37ae4bc17adb54e1e0344/tumblr_inline_ol4nwhvSwg1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; --color: #fcb3f6; [/class] [class=container] max-width: 400px; padding: 20px; border: 1px solid #f2f2f2; margin: auto; background: #fff; color: #000; [/class] [class=info] display: flex; flex-direction: row; width: 100%; justify-content: space-evenly; margin-bottom: 20px; [/class] [class=icon] display: inline; color: var(--color); font-size: 27px; padding-left: 2px; [/class] [class=content] height: 300px; overflow-y: auto; font-size: 12px; line-height: 22px; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=image] width: 35%; height: 200px; background: url(https://i1.sndcdn.com/avatars-000326458854-qnpicn-t500x500.jpg); background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 50%; [/class] [class=text] width: 60%; margin-left: 5%; height: 200px; overflow: auto; [/class] [class=title] font-family: Abril Fatface; font-size: 30px; text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 5px; [/class] [class=details] height: 142px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; overflow-y: auto; [/class] [class=tag] font-weight: bold; color: var(--color); [/class] [class=link] display: inline-block; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; font-size: 10px; font-family: Avenir; color: #999; [/class]

[class=variables] --accent: #1a4996; --image: url('https://i.imgur.com/XE91lTj.png'); --texture: url('https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/asfalt-dark.png'); [/class] [div class=variables] [div class=back] [div class=poly][div class=poly2][/div][/div] [div class=bkg] [div class=container][div class=header]oliver ambrose.[/div] [div class=post][div class=scroll]Oliver smiled a little when Adrian called his little brother cute, not even being able to disagree with her. "He's a little bit of a twerp, but I love him." Oliver spoke, making himself comfortable on the sand before directing his gaze back out onto the water. He smiled a little when he watched Trevor play with Connor and Comet, the light breeze on the beach ruffling his hair a little, his skin feeling slightly warm already from the harsh sunlight.

He was so focused on the waves that it took him a minute to register Adrian's question, before chewing at his lower lip slightly. "My family and I, we're from LA. It's the first summer we've spent down here at Malibu, though. We used to go to Playa Del Rey, but Dad wanted to come to Malibu for once โ€” we're gonna be here all summer," Oliver spoke, realizing he was sharing just a bit too much, but not really having the heart to stop talking, "and then I leave for college." He wasn't sure why he was so keen on sharing so much about himself, but that's normally what happened when he felt awkward โ€” he talked, and he talked a lot. His cheeks turned slightly pink, which would be easy to excuse on the sun โ€” it was pretty bright, and he wouldn't be surprised if he ended up having a sunburn come tomorrow.

His train of thought was cut off when Adrian's little brother came running up the sand, Oliver not able to stop the smile from forming on his face listening to him talk, watching him run back towards Trevor and Comet. "Trevor's the same โ€” I'm just Ollie to him." He said with a little laugh. He wiped some of the sand off his shorts before running a hand through his hair, pushing some of the curls out of his face that the wind blew into his eyes. He made eye contact with her, smiling slightly at her. Trevor and Connor's laughs echoing on the beach. He heard his mom and dad talking about something, no doubt wondering why Oliver was still talking to Adrian โ€” and Oliver had his reasons. No need for questions.
trevor ambrose, adrian thompson[/div] [div class=tagbox][div class=tag]theme[/div]
bashful, thoughtful[/div] [div class=tagbox][div class=tag]outfit[/div]

[div class=variables]

[div class=tag]tags[/div] astrowrld astrowrld [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=content] An LA boy. He probably didn't know shit about surfing especially if he only went surfing in Santa Monica or some shit. She didn't know why she was judging him so much especially when she had been trying so hard to stop herself. But here he was, admitting that he was only here for the summer which was reason enough for her to put her guard up. She wanted to just get up and stop talking to him. A clean break. No harm no foul. But something was also pulling at her to keep talking to him, to keep the conversation alive. She nodded, "Leaving hm? Where ya headed?" She was curious, "I still have a year left. I'm a senior at MBHS." She said. She didn't really know if college was feasible for her. She wanted to just take Connor and yeet herself out of there. She wanted to legally adopt her little brother so she could get away from her parents.

"Ollie's a cute nickname," She nodded thinking about all the nicknames Connor had for her and she had for him. She primarily called him Con or Bubs. Summer was her favorite time because of all the time the two of them spent on the beach together. They were there practically all day with Adrian reading her book and Connor making sand castles. The two of them going in the water. Sometimes Adrian's friends joined. Sometimes Adrian surfed. She was going to teach Connor to stand on the board this summer. She wasn't amazing at surfing herself, but she could stand. She was also going to start focusing on boxing now that school was over. She looked at Oliver again, "Do you surf or anything?" She wanted to put him on the hot spot. See if he really knew his shit or if he was a faker, just trying to impress her like most guys. It was almost like there were two Adrian's fighting inside each other whether or not to scare this boy away or not. She knew Connor and Comet were both having a great time and she didn't want to mess that up for them, but still. This was already risky.

[/div] [/div][/div][/div] https://www.rpnation.com/threads/โ€-โ€”-๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ-๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ-๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ.466575/[/div] [class=variables] cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/232c090ebdd37ae4bc17adb54e1e0344/tumblr_inline_ol4nwhvSwg1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; --color: #fcb3f6; [/class] [class=container] max-width: 400px; padding: 20px; border: 1px solid #f2f2f2; margin: auto; background: #fff; color: #000; [/class] [class=info] display: flex; flex-direction: row; width: 100%; justify-content: space-evenly; margin-bottom: 20px; [/class] [class=icon] display: inline; color: var(--color); font-size: 27px; padding-left: 2px; [/class] [class=content] height: 300px; overflow-y: auto; font-size: 12px; line-height: 22px; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=image] width: 35%; height: 200px; background: url(https://i1.sndcdn.com/avatars-000326458854-qnpicn-t500x500.jpg); background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 50%; [/class] [class=text] width: 60%; margin-left: 5%; height: 200px; overflow: auto; [/class] [class=title] font-family: Abril Fatface; font-size: 30px; text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 5px; [/class] [class=details] height: 142px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; overflow-y: auto; [/class] [class=tag] font-weight: bold; color: var(--color); [/class] [class=link] display: inline-block; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; font-size: 10px; font-family: Avenir; color: #999; [/class]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back