• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Cleaning Old Notifications

Bethari

I'm sorry if this has already been answered a million times, but I was wondering if there was a way to clear out my old notifications? It's causing considerable lag.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean?  Mine only go back about a day (unless they're unread, of course).

Hmm, apparently there's duplicates in my menu. I'll check my settings.

EDIT: Hmm, I don't really see what's wrong. Gosh, maybe it's just a bug or something.  :|

Are you able to get a screenshot?

OK.  I know getting screenshots of dropdowns is hard. :/

Capture.PNG

this one here's at the very top (sorry it's so big)

Capture1.PNG

This one shows the posts repeating themselves.

OK, that is weird.  I was going to say maybe the likes were on different posts, and the ones from me were probably different posts, but then I noticed the times!  It ought to be in chronological order at least.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, but I'm not sure how to fix.  Maybe try clearing your browser's cache and/or history?  That usually fixes bugs associated with cookies, which this might be.

Hmm, it doesn't seem to be working. I'll try again.

EDIT: Nope, still no luck.

After clearing things out, it may help to restart the browser (assuming you didn't do that after the first try).

Tried that, too, but I'll do it one more time, just to be sure.

EDIT: Still nope.

Still no luck. Tried changing to Internet Explorer and changed the theme several times.

If they stopped duplicating, it could have just been the server hiccuping.

As for cleaning out existing ones, you'll just have to ignore them for now and get new alerts. Old ones clear out by themselves after 3 months or something like that.

OK, that is weird.  I was going to say maybe the likes were on different posts, and the ones from me were probably different posts, but then I noticed the times!  It ought to be in chronological order at least.

The bug could be that it's getting the times wrong.

Okay, so it wasn't endless, but I checked my notifications and noticed after a point they started repeating.

It's happened to a few people, that's why I merged it with the other thread describing the same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back