• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Classic Literature RP.

DaManofWar

Hans Assman
I have an idea for a multi fandom RP involving characters from classic literature. Essentially, Frankenstein, Dracula, Sherlock Holmes, Tom Sawyer, even classical legends, such as King Arthur. The only rule on the characters is that they have to be from before the year 1940 to count. Okay?

Can it be any book around the world as long as it was published before 1940? Like Scarlet Letter or Song of Roland? Also, for characters, do they have to be exactly like how they were portrayed in their stories or can they be modified?

[QUOTE="Cece Meep]Can it be any book around the world as long as it was published before 1940? Like Scarlet Letter or Song of Roland? Also, for characters, do they have to be exactly like how they were portrayed in their stories or can they be modified?

[/QUOTE]
both are fine. Just don't go overboard with the modifying.

DaManofWar said:
Thanks. I have a basic plot involving the Cthulhu Mythos. Would this interest you?
I know absolutely nothing about the Cthulhu. Lovecraft's on my to-read list, but horror isn't really my go-to genre.

lancastrians said:
I know absolutely nothing about the Cthulhu. Lovecraft's on my to-read list, but horror isn't really my go-to genre.
Okay then. To be blunt, Cthulhu is a great old one. Drives people insane, world conquest, sealed away, etc.

DaManofWar said:
Okay then. To be blunt, Cthulhu is a great old one. Drives people insane, world conquest, sealed away, etc.
I'd probably need to know more about the plot in question. I'm happy to research and everything, maybe even read some of the stuff if I have time. Is this connected to this current Classic Literature idea or something totally different?

It is connected. As the rules state that anything before 1940 is game, I thought it would be good to use Lovecraftian Mythos, as it is from that period.

Translating all of the characters' stories into a modern setting could be interesting, but whatever you think.

I would prefer to keep it Gothic at the most. However, I could include time travel as a plot device. Only, I get to control it. Don't want people overusing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back