• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Class Name Information/Coding — Avoiding Empty Space

Maximoff

magic — madness
[div class=info]new — I was wondering if there is a trick to removing the empty space beneath my template where my [class name=] coding is? I've tried moving it to the top but this simply moves the empty space?
[/div]

[div class=threadimage][div class=threadheader]
Cap_1.jpg

steve rogers — captain america[/div][div class=threadcontent]The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. [div class=boldtext]The quick brown fox[/div] jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

[/div][/div]
[class name=threadheader] width: 360px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #ccc; font-family: playfair display; font-size: 15px; font-style: italic; text-align: center; color: #3a6865; text-transform: lowercase; padding: 20px; margin: 0px auto; border-top: 3px solid #3a6865; border-bottom: 3px solid #3a6865; [/class] [class name=threadimage] width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; [/class] [class name=threadcontent] width: 360px; font-size: 11px; line-spacing: 0.9px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; border-bottom: 3px solid #3a6865; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #ccc; margin: 0px auto; [/class] [class name=boldtext] font-size: 12px; color: #3a6865; display: inline; font-family: playfair display; text-transform: lowercase; font-style: italic; [/class] [class name=info] width: 230px; font-size: 10px; line-spacing: 0.9px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; margin: 20px auto; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #ccc; [/class]

Last edited:
Try removing the line break between the header and title. Also to do that, you’ll have to use the [class name=classname] tag and classes in divs.

Alteras Alteras

Thank you for your help! I managed to get the class + bolding to work, however it seems to have automatically created a line break, with the following:

Code:
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. [div class=boldtext]The quick brown fox[/div] jumps over the lazy dog.

Is there a way to avoid this automatic line break at all?

It is also the same with the space between the image + title content, and the posting content. There's a space between the two primary boxes that I can't seem to remove?

Code:
[div class=threadimage][div class=threadheader][IMG]https://s7.postimg.org/8hi6xslln/Cap_1.jpg[/IMG]

steve rogers — captain america[/div][/div][div class=threadcontent][font=lato]The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

For the bold, do display: inline;

As for the spacing stuff, put it all in one line or surround it in [nobr][/nobr]. BBcode interprets enters as line breaks.

Alteras Alteras

Awesome, thanks!

Although, the [ nobr ] isn't affecting the actual [div class] 's? The actual space is between the threadheader class and the threadcontent class. However they are both directly beside one another, without a line break:

Code:
[div class=threadimage][div class=threadheader][IMG]https://s7.postimg.org/8hi6xslln/Cap_1.jpg[/IMG]

steve rogers — captain america[/div][/div][div class=threadcontent]
[/nobr]

they have margin: 20px auto in them. it should be margin: 0 auto;

I'm back again for anybody willing to help! Oh my, I'm so sorry — I'm trying to abandon my CSS ways, I swear! c:

I was wondering if somebody can tell me how to avoid having the empty space beneath my template where I have all of my [class name=] information?

Maximoff Maximoff
you're welcome! as much as possible you'll want your entire layout in a nobr tag, placing a [br][/br] when you need line breaks, such as in between paragraphs for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back