Clans of Legend

Awe man, no one wants to be a little person?

GandalfDance.gif

They have so much fun!

Right!? I will probably make a hobbit profile eventually :P if no one joins into that group!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YoungDreamer said:
Right!? I will probably make a hobbit profile eventually :P if no one joins into that group!
They should be like powerful earth mages though, lol. Either that or they need to have strong friends. Otherwise how will they survive the coming storm?

[QUOTE="Dark_Matter]They should be like powerful earth mages though, lol. Either that or they need to have strong friends. Otherwise how will they survive the coming storm?

[/QUOTE]
Frodo and his friends seemed to do alright O.o

YoungDreamer said:
Frodo and his friends seemed to do alright O.o
They also had Gandalf the Grey/White, an elf, a warrior, a ranger, and a powerful dwarf at their sides. They wouldn't win in a straight up fight against the other races. At least, not in my mind.

[QUOTE="Dark_Matter]They also had Gandalf the Grey/White, an elf, a warrior, a ranger, and a powerful dwarf at their sides. They wouldn't win in a straight up fight against the other races. At least, not in my mind.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah... No your right about that >.> maybe they should be earth mages

[QUOTE="Dark_Matter]Well, they do live in a hole in the ground.

[/QUOTE]
Yes, but they are classy holes in the ground!

I want a friend :( No one else has a Fae or Dwarven character. I'm going to have to end up making up the entire Yanish Clan!

[QUOTE="Chi Chi]I want a friend :( No one else has a Fae or Dwarven character. I'm going to have to end up making up the entire Yanish Clan!

[/QUOTE]
It's okay! The clans are going to be drawn together soon!

YoungDreamer said:
It's okay! The clans are going to be drawn together soon!
On a quest to destroy a ring forged in the fires of a great volcano located deep within the wastelands. Let's be smart and call the Eagles to carry us there.

[QUOTE="Dark_Matter]On a quest to destroy a ring forged in the fires of a great volcano located deep within the wastelands. Let's be smart and call the Eagles to carry us there.

[/QUOTE]
I was thinking of using the treemen but the eagles work also!

[QUOTE="Dark_Matter]The Eagles could bypass all of those hoards of ground soldiers.

[/QUOTE]
Yes, but we don't have a wizard to Call them!

[QUOTE="Chi Chi]I want a friend :( No one else has a Fae or Dwarven character. I'm going to have to end up making up the entire Yanish Clan!

[/QUOTE]
I wonder why not. I've read books where the Fae were described as the most beautiful creatures to ever live. Strong in body and powerful in magic, only weakness was iron if I recall. They honestly reminded me of the elves in how they were described. 

YoungDreamer said:
Yes, but we don't have a wizard to Call them!
Animal people! :P

But yeah, going back to the Hobbit and little folk deal. I think part of the issue may be finding pictures of such characters that people would want to play as well. I did a google image search of Hobbits and ended up with just a bunch of fan art from The Hobbit, etc.

Maybe change up the race to something else? Dark Elves? Tons of stuff to choose from for dark elves.

[QUOTE="Dark_Matter]But yeah, going back to the Hobbit and little folk deal. I think part of the issue may be finding pictures of such characters that people would want to play as well. I did a google image search of Hobbits and ended up with just a bunch of fan art from The Hobbit, etc.
Maybe change up the race to something else? Dark Elves? Tons of stuff to choose from for dark elves.

[/QUOTE]
It's not such a big deal, this RP is only to tide people over until my main RP is opened up during the summer. This is a spinoff or a history part I've already written for the main RP and dark elves don't really exist in the world I've created. Just like trolls are different from legend a bunch of stuff will be different also!

YoungDreamer said:
It's not such a big deal, this RP is only to tide people over until my main RP is opened up during the summer. This is a spinoff or a history part I've already written for the main RP and dark elves don't really exist in the world I've created. Just like trolls are different from legend a bunch of stuff will be different also!
Ok, I see. That's cool. Maybe we should make them earth mages then, lol. Low to the ground, live in holes= earth magic suits them perfectly.

[QUOTE="Dark_Matter]But yeah, going back to the Hobbit and little folk deal. I think part of the issue may be finding pictures of such characters that people would want to play as well. I did a google image search of Hobbits and ended up with just a bunch of fan art from The Hobbit, etc.

[/QUOTE]
I couldn't find a picture I wanted for my character either, so I just did a descriptive paragraph.

Also, I'm just wondering which of the regions the Yanish are in? I haven't really done any scenic descriptions yet because I'm not quite sure...

[QUOTE="Chi Chi]I couldn't find a picture I wanted for my character either, so I just did a descriptive paragraph.
Also, I'm just wondering which of the regions the Yanish are in? I haven't really done any scenic descriptions yet because I'm not quite sure...

[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming that by "fay" people she meant "fae" which is kind of like fairy folk except they tend to be human sized. I imagine they are very much like wood-elves in that they live in ancient forests and are basically people of the spring. Something like that. Typed in fae on google and came up with stuff like this:

524639-bigthumbnail.jpg

It's up to you though really. As long as you run it by Dreamer I guess?

[QUOTE="Dark_Matter]I'm assuming that by "fay" people she meant "fae" which is kind of like fairy folk except they tend to be human sized. I imagine they are very much like wood-elves in that they live in ancient forests and are basically people of the spring. Something like that. Typed in fae on google and came up with stuff like this:
524639-bigthumbnail.jpg

It's up to you though really. As long as you run it by Dreamer I guess?

[/QUOTE]
They don't have wings, they are a bit more mysterious as well. Fay is fae, I just changed it because I didn't want it to be stereotypical... They travel most of the terrains by night, though they tend to stick to the forest and swamps.

YoungDreamer said:
They don't have wings, they are a bit more mysterious as well. Fay is fae, I just changed it because I didn't want it to be stereotypical... They travel most of the terrains by night, though they tend to stick to the forest and swamps.
So kind of like the Lord of the Hunt type of Fae? The Samhain ones?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back