• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Choose An Adventure

Pick One Quest

• Seer Quest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demon Quest

• Spirit Quest

• Drone Quest

• Total voters

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
I feel like running a quest, but I have such options!

So pick one that looks good. Don't worry; they're intentionally vague so you can pick things up through play.

Also don't worry about the dice - I'll roll them, and it was a convenient prefix for this due to multiple genres.

1. Seer Quest

When you were born, your mother wept, and your father hung his head in shame.

When you were born, the priest of your tribe cut a caul of flesh from over your eyes, and found them to be pure white.

When you were born, the Spirits knew, and hated you for it.

It is your tenth Tiger's Sky, when the sun scorches the jungle, and you are being sent from home to apprentice under Eitrisi Uluay Kun.

And now, alone with your father in a jungle clearing, you are to choose your name.

2. Demon Quest

You have been betrayed and murdered, only to reincorporate in the depths of your Circle with only your borderline incompetent minion Hord still loyal.

How will you get you revenge and recover your Estate amidst the political intrigues and feuding religions of Hell?

3. Spirit Quest

You were born a mere mote of Gossamer in a moment of mystical significance, an over uncounted years slowly grew into a potent Spirit. What is your purview, and whom among the gods and kings of the ephemeral realm do you serve?

4. Drone Quest

You must be dreaming; asleep or anesthetized.

Dreaming of black cables rising like towers into polluted skies. Dreaming of motes of blue light dancing in cathedrals of bone. Dreaming of grey-black blood, slick and coveted.

Some part of you perceives voices. Or perhaps you imagine them.

"...any idea what you are asking? Ascending this one is a grave trespass. Archthing Tartarus will destroy you! Perhaps me, as well."

"Has she reapplied your engrams? Have you no faith? The Archthing is wise, yes, but I have heard the voice of the God-Engine. This one is not meant to scour ventilation shafts."

"Fine. Fine! What is the form it must be given?"

"It has been indoctrinated to tell you - demand an answer and you will feel the response."

Something reaches into your sleeping mind, shoves roughly at the fabric of your psyche. What is your purpose...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Spirit Quest intrigues me the most. I agree with you, though. They're all such good choices. I almost want to just roll a die and choose from that.

You know, I totally forgot to check the votes. I assumed no one was because that doesn't trigger an alert.

Looks like Seer Quest is winning. I'll make a decision next week after Hobocon.

@u@ I'm here, like a good lurker, expressing my interest through polls.

[fades back into the shadows]

Anomaly said:
@u@ I'm here, like a good lurker, expressing my interest through polls.
[fades back into the shadows]
haha same here! i just tied the poll tho oops

Last edited by a moderator:
I just really like Lama, bits of it remind me of some books I loved as a kid. And I anticipate eating unworldly beings will be great fun.

Also I didn't know Lamans chose their names?

However... I wouldn't be disappointed with Drone Quest either, though. Partly because I can't really glean any context from the pitch, which makes it interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back