• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Childhood Friends Reunited

Note: This is a roleplay for myself and @Paint The Wind. It is also a closed RP, which means you can't post here or join. [:

Chelsea chewed on her lip, a gesture she often used when she was stressed out of anxious. Why was it that she had absolutely nothing to wear, on the days that she really needed a great outfit? Her dark brown eyes glanced around the room, and she shook her head. The room was practically buried in different pieces of clothing. Rainging from dresses, jeans and sweaters in every color of the rainbow. Maybe that was a lie... She did have plenty of nice clothes to wear. Her problem was, she didn't know what to wear.

Looking over at her alarm clock, which was resting on her wooden bedside table she realised she only had ten minutes to spare and she hadn't even brushed her hair or eaten breakfast. She walked over to her bed, and picked out a dark red sweater and a pair of jeans without hesitation. Her room was a mess, but she couldn't clean it until she got home from school later.

Reaching up, she tugged her curly hair out of the messy bun it was in. Her hair was still soaking, since she had washed it whilst she was in the shower, but it could always air dry by the time she got to school. She grabbed her brush and pulled it through her hair and left it down. Then, she headed downstairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nathan had just woken up, he had slept through his four alarms that he had set at 4:30, 4:40, 4:50, 4:55, and 5:00. So, it was now 6:45 and school started at 7. He shot out of bed and pulled on a t-shirt that was a picture of Abe Lincoln wearing sunglasses that said "I got five on it" beneath it.

After sliding down the banister he ate an apple and made some hot chocolate for himself. He pulled on his fall coat and some boots. He left the house and started his car, driving to school.

Chelsea's mom drove her to school that morning, she said goodbye and then headed straight into school so she could grab her timetable. Barely any of her classes had changed, which was a good thing. She tucked her timetable into her jacket pocket and then walked out of the office. She had five minutes to spare until class started, and she decided to go and find her locker.

As she walked she heard a familiar voice. "Chelsea!" The voice called enthusiastically. She stopped walking and then turned around to see a girl rushing towards her. She recognised the girl straight away. It was one of her close friends, Samantha. "You didn't tell me you were coming back!" She said, and before Chelsea could respond she was pulled into a warm hug.

She patted Samantha's back gently. "Surprise?"

Nathan walked into the school and saw his best friend Kurt. "Hey." Nathan said casually to Kurt. They compared schedules and discovered that they had different classes for the second half of the day. As they walked to class Nathan noticed Samantha hugging someone. It took a few seconds but then he realized.

"Chelsea?" Nathan said softly, staring at her. He was shocked. No one had told him that she was coming back! He decided to leave the two girls alone for the moment so he started to walk away.

Samantha pulled Chelsea out of her arms, and then was looking at a guy who was passing by them. "Hey, Nathan! Look who moved back into town!" She called out to the guy happily.

Chelsea glanced over at the guy. Nathan? As in... Her Nathan? Her best friend in the whole world? Her face brightened up as she saw him. He didn't look like he had changed that much.

Nathan smiled and walked over. "The way you two were hugging I thought that I shouldn't bother you." He hugged Chelsea gently but not for too long as to make her uncomfortable. "Hey! I'm so happy to see you." he said with a huge smile. "How are you doing?"

Chelsea held him closely, she could almost feel tears of joy falling down her cheeks but she blinked them away frantically, not wanting to cry in front of the whole school. She pulled away so she could look at him. "I missed you so much!" She told him. It was true. She missed him ever second of the day, when she moved away to California. "I'm doing good, glad to be home. How about you?"

He smiled and picked her up, twirling her around like his father used to when they were little. "I can't believe it's you! Oh Chelsea, I missed you so much! You haven't grown taller." he teased, as he was 6'4" now.

She hit his shoulder playfully and then began to walk beside him, telling Samantha she would catch up with her later. "So, what classes do you have?" She reached into her pocket and pulled out her timetable. She showed it to him, hoping they had most of their classes together.

Before she could say anything more, the bell rang. The sound of students rushing to get to class, and groaning could be heard. She grabbed his hand and started to walk towards the classroom where they had their first lesson. She remembered the school from the back of her hand, despite being away for so long.

He squeezed her hand and walked with her to their first class, English with Mr. Conway. He sat down in the back and took out his notebook.

When they entered the classroom and both say down, she pulled out her crumpled timetable and smoothed it out with her fingers. She scanned her lessons again, and was glad that she had a Music for her final period. Music was really only her favorite lesson at school.

Moving away was hard, and it was every day it was lonely for her. She only got to know a couple of people - but none of them were exactly close. She decided to learn to play guitar one summer, not having anything better to do. Then she got really good at it, despite being a beginner and self-taught. It was also very comforting, and she eventually had a passion for playing guitar. As well as singing.

Nathan sat down and listened to the teacher begin to teach them what they will be doing this year and the typical "beginning a new year" speech. He yawned and leaned his head back against the wall.

Music was his favorite class as well. He had gotten very good at singing and playing the violin and piano. He was teased about it for a while but now since he was so fantastic at his no one teased him and they would just listen. He had a bit of a high pitched voice for a guy.

Chelsea looked out of the window beside them, and then sighed. They were only a couple of minutes into their class, but it felt like they had been there for ever. She tapped her pencil against the desk gently, and listened to the teacher drone on. Hardly any of the students were listening, some were even texting on their cell phones underneath the desk.

Class was as long as she expected it to be, and she couldn't have packed up her things faster when the bell rang.

Nathan packed up as well and walked over to physics. He sighed and took out his textbook and notebook. "I hate physics." he muttered to Chelsea. He began to take notes while the teacher droned on and on and on.

"Me too" Chelsea agreed in a whisper, and then looked back down at her to textbook. She didn't say much through their classes, not wanting to be caught talking on the first day by one of their teachers.

Classes were all the same, up until lunch. When the bell rang, she packed up her things and threw her backpack over her shoulder. The rest of the students had rushed to the cafeteria, leaving only her and Nathan in the room. Even the teacher had left.

He smiled at Chelsea. "Want to stay here for lunch? The teacher doesn't come back, he goes and hooks up with the bio teacher every lunch period." he said. "Gross. Anyway, wanna stay here?"

Chelsea nodded and then pulled out her chair, propping her backpack onto her lap. Un-zipping it and digging her hand inside, she pulled out a glossy red apple and bit into it. She as quiet for a couple of minutes, enjoying the comfortable silence between them. "I was worried that you would have forgotten me after all this time" She admitted, breaking the silence.

He looked at her with surprise. "You thought that I would forget you? Chelsea I missed you so much. I always thought about you, I still wear the bracelet you gave me when you left." he said, showing his wrist. It had a small leather band wrapped around it with her initials. "I haven't taken it off since then." he told her. He leaned back in his chair, he didn't have a lunch.

Her lips pulled into a smile, and she beamed. She hadn't forgotten about the bracelet she had given him, she remembered giving it to him the day she was leaving. Just so he wouldn't forget about her. She dug underneath the shirt she was wearing and pulled out a necklace. "I still have the necklace you gave me" She said proudly.

He smiled brightly. "It matches your eyes so well." he said, looking at the olive green stone. He hugged her gently. "Chelsea I'm so glad you're back."

She held the necklace in her palm and looked down at it. The stone/pendant was mixed with different colors. The middle started out with a dark green, then it got lighter until it became Aqua and the outline of the stone was a dark reddish color. Her eyes were a similar color - dark green, brown and a little bit of blue.

Her smile widened and both of her cheek blushed a dark red. "Thanks" She replied and then returned the hug. "I'm glad to be back too"

She nodded her head briefly and then zipped up her backpack, throwing it over her shoulder. She picked up her timetable which was laying flat on the desk, slightly crumbled after spending most of the day in her pocket. On her way out she threw the remains of her apple in the trash. She waited by the door, holding it open for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back