• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chasing the Impossible {SPN rp} {closed}

"You got it." Ciera smiled as she closed the car door and walked into the store. She came back out a few minutes later with a cup of coffee, a bottle of water, and two turkey and cheese hoagies. She climbed into the car and tossed Kane his hoagie and water before taking a sip of her coffee.

Kane sighed as they pulled into a shop close to the police station. "I didn't see you grab that many clothes, and my suit got tore the last time I needed to use it. If you need something as well then it is my treat since you are helping me with the case." As he said this he got out, already planing on getting a plain suit and a red or black tie.

"Thanks." Ciera said with a smile as she climbed out of the car and followed him in. She had been in this situation before, impersonating a police officer. She knew exactly what she needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
After buying the clothing they separated in order to change. Kane arrived back at the car first and moved one of his guns to his ankles, after doing that he got his FBI badge out of his glove-box and made sure that his other gun was visible. Afterwards he pulled out his cellphone. After dialing a number that was on his FBI card he heard a woman answer the phone. "Hello, Kane is that you?"

After a few second he answered. "Yeah, it is me sis. Listen I am on a hunt, at the moment I am going to talk to the cops as FBI agent Nicola Hawkings. If they chekc the number you know what to tell them right?"

It took the woman a second before answering. "I know what to say, but stay safe. It isn't a demon is it?"

The man shook his head, a force of habit when talking to his sister before mentally slapping himself. "No it isn't, and don't worry I have a partner on this hunt. I will text you with the name she uses here in a bit."

Ciera approached the car to see Kane on his phone.

She was wearing a pair of black dress pants with a light blue camisol and a darker blue tshirt over it. She had a light grey pea coat that was tied around the waist to protect against the colder Pennsylvania weather along with a pair of dark sunglasses.

"Anything important?" Ciera asked as she approached.

Kane looked her over for a second before shutting his phone having just said goodbye. "Our "boss" in case the police call the number on the card I am going to give them. Need to know the name you are going by when we get there though."

"Clara Fier." Ciera said as she walked up and leaned against the car, taking her sunglasses off and putting them on her shirt. She took a swig of the water she had bought just before they rolled into town.

After sending the name to his sister he got in the car. When they arrived at the police station he walked in and looked around. "I will get the murder sites and talk to the chief in charge, if you have an questions go ask down in the autopsy room. If you have the details down enough I would like a board set up to pin the details on."

"You got it." Ciera replied as she turned toward the direction of the autopsy room. "Meet me back here in half an hour." She told him as she walked away, flashing her badge to the secretary as she passed.

Kane nodded and got a map and charted out where the victims were found. When he finished he headed towards the autopsy room as well. "It seems that the attacks are all centered around a three block radius with a diner in the middle. She could work there." He muttered softly, knowing that all kitsune were female.

"I'm thinking we check it out." Ciera whispered back. She turned back to the coroner and said, "Thanks again for your help. If you find anything else give me a call." Ciera handed the coroner a card with the number to a disposable phone on it. She was going to ditch the phone after they left town so they couldn't be traced. She turned to walk out with Kane in the lead.

Kane smiled at the man as they walked out, and waved goodbye to the chief as they left. Twenty minutes later they made it to the diner. "Any idea how we are supposed to recognize a kitsune?" He asked as he pulled up. "Unless they attack, I don't know a way."

Ciera thought a moment as she stepped out of the car. "I would say look for suspicious behavior. Things most people wouldn't do." Ciera advised as she glanced over and waited for Kane to get out of the car.

Kane took a deep breath. "I am not entirely sure if that will work. She has most likely learned to blend in to avoid hunters. She might panic if we refer to ourselves as hunters."

"Just make sure you do it nonchalantly. Make her think she's mistaken after you say it, that way we might still be able to maintain the element of surprise. I hope you're good at acting." Ciera smiled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kane nodded his head and pulled up to the diner. Getting out of the car he looked at the workers through the windows. "They only have three waitresses on staff, and two of them were off for the murders. One of them is here right now, and the other should be in sometime tonight."

Ciera nodded. "Right. Lets get started shall we?" Ciera turned and walked toward the diner with Kane walking behind her. As she pushed the door open, she walked in and looked around. Her eyes examined every detail before turning and walking toward a booth.

Sitting next to his partner Kane covered his mouth and coughed twice into it. "You alright dear?" The waitress asked as she came up to the table.

Kane smiled at her slightly. "Just feeling a little stuffy. Allergies" At this point he looked outside, knowing that Ciera would be watching her face. "Makes hunting more of a chore then it already is."

Ciera watched the waitresses face closely as. Kane mentioned hunting. Her expression didn't change, nor did any of her microexpressions. That meant that either she was an extremely good actor, or she wasn't it.

"Oh, you hunt?" The waitress asked. Ciera noticed she had a slight southern drawl. "I used to hunt with my dad when I lived down in Alabama years ago." The waitress paused as she opened her book and Ciera gave Kane an almost imperceptible shake of the head. It wasn't her. "So can I get you two anything to drink?"

"Just a water for me thanks." Ciera said with a polite smile.

Kane looked back to the waitress. "Dr. Pepper for me." As the waitress walked away he looked towards his partner and sighed. "How hungry are you, because it seems we will have to come back for dinner." As he said this he looked around and thought about something else. "Of course the kitsune could also be a regular who lives close by instead of a waitress."

As Kane began talking, Ciera spotted a woman who seemed a bit uncomfortable. She was sitting alone and was sipping on a glass of what she assumed was water. As the waitress came back their way, she saw the woman stand and bump into the waitress, quickly apologizing before walking to the bathroom. As the waitress handed them their drinks and asked if they wanted anything to eat, Ciera said, "nothing for me thank you." Ciera took a sip of water and looked back at the booth. The woman had come back from the bathroom and was looking at them.

"Over there." Ciera said as she nodded her head in the direction of the woman, taking another drink to mask the gesture, glancing down at it as she swallowed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back