• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Character driven rps: psychological, biopunk, fantasy, superheroes, fandoms, & more!

Trace

if cupid had a gun

34eunwy.jpg

CURRENTLY LOOKING!

ABOUT ME

Warning: person who talks too much, as you can tell by this thread, and has probably already scared you away by being too chatty. Realizing I spent way too much time on this search thread, my god xD

Helloooo there! I'm looking for a couple roleplay partners that I mesh with, though I'm also up for group roleplays. I'd like someone who is detail-oriented, can drive the plot, and is as interested in character development as I am!

I love character driven roleplays and I often play multiple characters. I will roleplay males, females, and all sexualities, though it seems that I tend towards (but am definitely not limited to) M//. Character interaction, not romance, is generally my focus (though I do enjoy a well-written romance, there has to be chemistry!) and I like to mix and match genres. I'll try to get you something at least once a day and I'll let you know if something comes up. My replies tend to be 400 words and beyond, though my main goal isn't length--it's to give my partner something sufficient to work with.

For fandoms, I generally prefer to borrow the setting and do something with OCs (DC/Marvel is an exception) -- however, there are a few canon characters I love to play for the right plot. Also, I love suggestions! Suggest to me your ideas or ask me for my own! I'll probably have at least an inkling of an idea on most everything! I have a limited amount of time and so I'll mostly be taking what I believe I can handle and fully devote myself to. C:

So yeah, PM me or respond here! ^__^

GENRES & THEMES
  • Bio/cyberpunk
  • Fantasy (high and urban)
  • Supernatural
  • Post-apocalyptic
  • Psychological
  • Superpowers
  • Slice of life
  • Suggest!
FANDOMS
  • DC (especially the Batfamily)
  • Marvel
  • Harry Potter
  • Bioshock
  • Bioware games (ME, DA)
  • Naruto
  • Tokyo Ghoul
  • Ask away!
PROMPTS
  • "I've always considered empathy to be an overrated thing."
  • "We were meant to be together, even if we weren't meant to be happy."
  • "One day they'll write tales of the terrible things we did for love."
  • Urban fantasy involving intricate political magical societies and magical rave parties
  • High or Medieval fantasy involving an epic adventure and horrible character dynamics
  • Psychological roleplay that is rich in manipulation and psychopathic behavior
  • Characters in a dystopian-like science fiction setting where gene tampering is rampant
  • A superpower roleplay based on the book Vicious by V.E. Schwab
  • IDK -- throw me an idea? C:

Onto some of my ideas, though I'm definitely up for more than what I've put down! Check back for more! I'll eventually stop being lazy and write them up.

SOME PLOTS

• Cold War: Gifted Agents -- World War II was an arms race, one that extended into the human genome. Human experimentation led Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, and the United States to the creation of the modern supersoldier, a genetically modified human with supernatural abilities. These agents tipped the scales of the war and now that Nazi Germany has been vanquished, the Soviet Union and US turn towards each other in a war to be the next superpower. These super soldiers will be their tools in the greatest game of espionage that the modern world has ever seen.

SOME FANDOM PLOTS

• Some characters I play: Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon, John Constantine, Zatanna Zatara, Zachary Zatara, and ask

Role Reversal -- Instead of Jason Todd being the one to die by the Joker’s hand, it is Barbara Gordon. Jason is the one to be confined to a wheelchair and while he has found himself a new calling as an information super highway, providing intelligence for the Bat family and other superheroes, Jason’s depression manifests into a life-long bitterness. He feels trapped, suffocated, and though he knows he is making a difference, it is difficult knowing that his life will be one behind a screen.

This could take place right after Jason is crippled and must learn to cope and come to terms with his disability or after he has asserted himself into the ‘Oracle’ persona when the mysterious and brutal Red Hood makes her mark on Gotham, tearing viciously into Gotham’s seedy underbelly. I envision this plot line with Jason Todd opposite a member of the Batfamily (one of the other dude-Robins?) but this could work with other characters as well, as I think at points we will both have to take on multiple characters. Also, this could work focusing specifically on the dynamic between Barbara Gordon and Jason Todd.

Dimension hopping -- A magical artifact flings Jason Todd and another character(s) into an alternate dimension where he never died and everything has been twisted on its head.

This can go a lot of ways depending on the characters, but I've done this where Tim Drake came along and found that while the Jason of the other reality became Oracle, Tim's alternate self became a vigilante who applies lethal force to bring criminals to justice. My previous partner and I took one character and then the alternate character of each other's character, which made it pretty fun!

Arkham Asylum -- Following the events of the Knight Protocol, the Batfamily must pick up the pieces that were left behind.

I like:

• "One day they'll write tales of the terrible things we did for love."
  • Urban fantasy involving intricate political magical societies and magical rave parties
  • Characters in a dystopian-like science fiction setting where gene tampering is rampant

PM me!

I would also want the second and last ones to be a 3-4 group rp

I could be convinced to do a Bioshock roleplay taking place in Rapture. I don't have anything specific in mind, as I've never roleplayed this fandom before. But, with the mood I'm in it could be interesting! I'm sure we could work something out so shoot me a pm! :)

@PokemonGirl I loveee small group roleplays! Would eventually love to make one once I get more acclimated to the site. I'll PM you!

@SimplyMusicality I figure the Bioshock one could be borrowing the concepts or the idea of the world. I'll PM you! C:

Hey, I enjoy character driven plots, intelligent storylines and of course being a Half-Breed Ghoul as well. And since you're into psychological stuff, I suggest two animes (both short but worth the watch anyway) Serial Experiments Lain and Aku No Hana! As well the soundtracks from these animes, they truly set the tone for the worlds you arrive into and the people you encounter in these experiences. But being the weirdo I am, I love the idea of having Spider-Man and Tokyo Ghoul in the same room. Or Sailor Moon and Tokyo Ghoul. And of course S.E.L and Flowers Of Evil (Aku No Hana) mixed with something like the Flash or anything else.

I have a couple of futuristic, cyber-punk threads if you ever want to a one-on-one and I also have a fantasy, sci-fi, love story as well if you're ever looking for a future classic! And best Marvel quote ever (in my opinion), "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"... So think responsibly about this, ;-) I don't want you to feel awkward. If you're still reading this, then I'm sure you've noticed we share the chatter-bug disease. Lolzness, feel free to PM me or check out my threads if you want to...

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/lingua-franca-a-love-song.139820/

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/galaxy-supernova-where-dreams-are-nightmares.139561/

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-ballad-of-sweeney-todd-genderbend-version-mr-lovett-needed.140215/

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/aku-no-hana-kasuga-needed-serial-experiments-lain-type-anime.140187/

Hey, I just looked through your thread, and there are multiple interesting ideas. I might be interested in doing one of those/a combination of multiple ideas:

- "One day they'll write tales of the terrible things we did for love." (But love in this case towards an object or an idea, e.g. “love for the human race“ in post apo setting)

- Psychological roleplay that is rich in manipulation and psychopathic behavior

- Nuclear Fallout

- Psychopath x Psychopath (as extension of the ideas above)

Or a combination:

- Scifi background (space colonialization, first contact, inter-species political backstabbing) without the space opera component (Nuclear fallout/superweapon backlash/natural phenomenon destroys huge parts of a colony of multiple races and isolates the planet from the rest of the galactic community) with Nuclear Fallout setting (e.g. your character, the experienced survivor and my character, the inexperienced student out in the wastelands) and huge psychopathic undertones (e.g. your character goes by the guidelines of “my survival first, no matter what“ + my character goes by the guidelines of “preservation of knowledge, no matter what“).

Add in some common goals (e.g. military facility for food storage/big database), sources of conflict (“you are wasting storage space, stop carrying so many god damn books!“ “Maybe we wouldn't have a storage space problem if you stopped looting every broken piece of garbage we come across because it 'might be useful someday'.“) and humoristic undertones (e.g. slice of life scenes of the “typical life of a blood soaked survivor in an elementary school of a non-human settlement, dealing with problems like aliens trying to recruiting a new teacher, radiation sickness and the question of how many rusty nails are enough rusty nails to carry with you“) and we might just have something to work with ;)

If this sounds okay with you send me a pm or something.

Hello, I'm not that great in introductions; I am a person to the point so that's what I'm going to do :U

I really liked how you represented yourself and the wide array of themes you do/like. You also seem like a decent person to talk to.

I'm a person who likes talking to the role player about plots and ideas, seems more personal that way then just popping up an idea ya' know? get to know the person behind the character and actually work together to make see which characters clash better. I am a semi-lit writer but if my partner puts work I would put as much work as I can on my own post but something I am very proud of are my characters. Love em' love making characters, Love making characters that seem like one but is another, love making moments for them and seeing their reactions. I. Love. Characters. So Pm me! we can talk, get to know what we are, how we write, and what characters we can push together with. I think it would be fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back