• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Commission Character Commissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamingofRoses

Rosa Indomitus
It has come to my attention that several people (including myself) have absolutely no artistic talent but would love to see drawings of their characters. So any artists who are willing to take requests and try their hands at drawing different characters from different RPs please put your name down, and I'll put it up on this post for those who would like to contact you.

ON THE TAKING OF MONEY FOR REQUESTS (I.E. PAID WORK)

If you want to ask for money for your work, that's fine. Just let me know in your post and I will put a ($) by your name. The amount of money, and how it will be paid is to be left to the requestee and the artist. Neither RPDOM nor myself are responsible for unpaid/undrawn work. If someone does do this, please PM me and I will put a warning by this person's name. But I know our members are too honest and nice to pull a stunt like that.

Artists Currently Accepting Requests:

ThatSmellyGoblin --(Possibly. If it's cool enough.)

PixelWitch- Make sure you ask really nicely and anything more than simple pencil sketches may cost money.

So, any artsy folk wanna report their interest? This could be some extremely awesome shit.

If people can catch my interest in a moment where i don't know what to draw anyways, i guess i can take a request. But not just anything, it has to be something cool that can pique ones interest in an exciting way.

Remember, you'd just be taking requests, you're not bound to anything.

(And may I point you to my Darkening Skies character Srikha? Just read the tab that says 'description and stats')

DreamingofRoses said:
Remember, you'd just be taking requests, you're not bound to anything.
Excellent point. You should accept requests because you feel that it would be an interesting and fun thing to do. Not because of the immense pressure to perform which comes with your artistic gift.

Medelsvensson said:
Excellent point. You should accept requests because you feel that it would be an interesting and fun thing to do. Not because of the immense pressure to perform which comes with your artistic gift.
That's why, if you want to request something for somebody, try to describe it in as cool and interesting as possible. Few people ever take a "Draw my character" request. Just an advice.

Hmm, there is an old character I created that has been begging me for a better picture, but after attempting a few times I wasn't happy with my amateur sketches... I'll put her description here with the link. There are lots of poses and things I think could be interesting.. sneaking or seducing or amid her iconic whirl of claws.. but, there is fodder for setting in the thread too, or your brain w/e. :-P

The ST for this is currently distracted but we may pick it up again later.

Amera

Physical Description

She is on the tall side of average for a human at 5' 9" and well muscled. Her hair, nails, and eyes are a brilliant jade green color. She has a glossy leonine tail and her nails are thick and pointed into claws. Her skin is pale with an ash gray tint. Centered on her left shoulder blade is the image of a lion sent into the world prepared to pounce. Its outstretched claw reaches down her bicep and the tail curves suggestively above her hip.

(oh and feel free to totally ignore the pic that is in there currently, t'was the best I found back in the day and hardly does her justice)

There was a lot of visual goodness in the game and various fictions at times I wish I could paint so I could do scenes. xD Here are some of the fictions that explain some behind the scenes stuff.

*edit* This is more a if you get bored here is a thing that I think has lots of potential for cool visual stuffs. So much to read, but hopefully fun!

I'd be willing to do some character sketches for people who ask nicely and really want one, but I'm afraid it'd be limited to simple pencil sketches. if they're wanting a full inked, coloured and rendered version, I'd need to started asking for a little payment, as that's a lot of my time and commitment.

PixelWitch said:
I'd be willing to do some character sketches for people who ask nicely and really want one, but I'm afraid it'd be limited to simple pencil sketches. if they're wanting a full inked, coloured and rendered version, I'd need to started asking for a little payment, as that's a lot of my time and commitment.
I would kind of like a sketch of Karloff or Alex. I do like your character drawings.

*shuffles over to PixelWitch*

I'd be happy to have a sketch of Mechan Ferrus with his new toy, his Powerstone Integration Socket mounted in the center of his chest and his new Arcanotech right arm (if he ever gets opportunity and 'leave' to make it...).

Some ideas for Mechan's PIS and arm (http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m73i7prNMj1rr5s2bo1_500.jpg http://cdn.trendhunterstatic.com/thumbs/sun-jifa-bionic-arms.jpeg http://www.wired.com/images/article/magazine/1511/st_rocketarm_f.jpg for some references I had in mind)

Pretty please? /flutter eyelashes

Captain Hesperus

My pockets are full of nothing but torn moth wings, but I hope the substance of Reach [the space opera roleplay I am thinking of submitting sometime this summer] and the prolific artistic liberty in drawing three fashionable archetypes appeal to anyone interested in drawing. I will credit you if I feel that the drawings will be perfect to put in the roleplay.

1. The Knight: Elite soldier contracted with a universal-type of United Nations; can wield a glowing plasma blade or a stellar laser gun. May wear a neutral-looking helmet and palladium armor. What is the perfect universal soldier to you?

2. The Delegate: Nominated ambassador of one's world government; may have a hidden dagger or a vial filled with black poison.

May have a considerably large, wild animal at his/her side. What is the perfect representative of an entire world to you?

3. The Hacker: Casual genius employed by a giant corporation; may have an USB for a pendant or wild, digital spectacles.

May have a rover or a hovering cyclops ball nearby. What is the perfect cyber cowboy of machinery and ships to you?

Thanks for your time!

Reach[/URL] [the space opera roleplay I am thinking of submitting sometime this summer] and the prolific artistic liberty in drawing three fashionable archetypes appeal to anyone interested in drawing. I will credit you if I feel that the drawings will be perfect to put in the roleplay.
<snip>
....I would totally do character sketches in exchange for a load of moth wings.

...does that make me weird??

Smelly Goblin and PixelWitch still sometimes post drawings on the site, so I would suggest asking them. I'm afraid I charge for my commissions though, so they might be the only two.

Yeah. I can do messy pencil sketches, but if you're wanting something with actual effort put in then I have a paypal account I can take commissions through.

A girl's gotta eat~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back