Chapter A: Halloween Night in City-5

Malikai

What's The Story Mother?

The year had certainly been a scary year for many people.  Seeing the world be invaded by demons would be more than enough to scare anybody, but the residents of City-5 were especially horrified at the sight of their own town being torn apart by the army.  With the casualties that had been faced, the citizens of City-5, and much the whole planet, were unsure about the possibility of this year's Trick-or-Treat event.  Would City-5 truly allow kids and adults mill around in scary costumes this year?  Thankfully, all was not lost, as a man named 'Tanner Conningham' took it upon himself to make sure that this year's Halloween would be celebrated.  He began collaborating with the City-5 government to throw a giant costume party, in contrast to the Trick-or-Treating that was usually done, as he claimed that there would be no possibility of danger for either the kids or adults, and that they could employ heroes to guide everyone home safely.

Thus, the plan was put together, and the night of Halloween was here.  A large variety of heroes were employed, from varying classes and cities, to look after the party, and then make sure that the streets were safe for people to get home.  The big question was where they were to host the party with a large majority of buildings having been destroyed.  The easiest solution was to choose the City-5 Heroes Association building, as it was one of the few buildings that wasn't damaged too badly.  They decided to use the training center and transform it into one of the largest spaces that had been used for a party for quite some time.  There were hundreds of tables, decorations, games, and COSTUMES to keep people entertained.  Truly, tonight would be...

A FRIGHTENING NIGHT!

(This is going to simply be a thread for character development and other shenanigans.  There is the possibility of a villain, but he will not be a terrible threat.)

[SIZE= 14px](Have A Happy Halloween!)[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]EDIT:(Feel free to have your heroes Dress up in Costume, Play Games, or whatever.  HAVE FUN WITH IT)[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

As the party rolled on, there was a small group of children centered around a woman in a bright and colorful costume. The costume consisted of a red and orange short sleeved body suit and orange tights. Above the tights was a frilly skirt that looked like it was a burning flame while her makeup was done with red and orange eye shadow along her eyes. With some red boots, it was truly one of the brightest costumes there.  That woman was none other than Class B hero Hitomi Nakashima, aka Firefly. It seemed the children were all interested in her costume, something that prided her. Not only could she show off her mother's handiwork, she could also enjoy herself with the civilians. Even though she knew she was here for their protection, she wanted to have a bit of fun as well. One of the children, a little boy dressed as a firefighter, raised his plastic hatchet to get her attention. "Firefly! Firefly! What are you dressed as?" Firefly grinned at the boy's question and twirled around, stopping with a majestic pose. "I am dressed as the beautiful and mighty phoenix...what's your name?" The boy grinned as she told her. "Timmy ma'am!" Hitomi grinned as she knelt down to face Timmy, placing a hand atop his head. "Do you know what a phoenix is Timmy?"  The little firefighter shook his head, curious about this colorful and powerful creature. 

Hitomi then stood up and looked around at the young and curious faces as they begged the hero to tell them what the creature that inspired her costume was. One little girl dressed as a princess even asked if the phoenix was a powerful fire creature. Hitomi nodded and clapped her hands, impressed at how clever she was. "It is! You're a smart one! The phoenix is a bird that is born from fire. It's a beautiful and mystical creature that can never die. Every time it dies, it turns to ashes but the cool thing about it..." Hitomi held her hands together and separated them, a small flame dancing in place. "After a certain period of time, it's reborn from it's ashes ready to live it's next life." The oohs and ahhs of the children made the woman smile, happy she could entertain them. As she closed her eyes, she heard another child talk. "So if we defeat you, then you'll be reborn from fire!" It was then that Hitomi's eyes flew open, with a confused look. "Wait what?"  Before she had time to protest, the group of kids began to dog pile on top of the hero, bringing her down to the floor grasping at the ceiling. "The great and mighty phoenix has been defeated! Whatever shall she do! Ok guys you can stop." She said laughing for a moment, but yelled once more children joined the dog pile. Her grasping and yelling seeming more desperate. "Help! The phoenix can't be reborn if she isn't given a chance to..." She sniffed as she continued to be buried by children, her hand still outstretched for anyone to help her. 

Shy one's cheeks were bright red as she wandered into the party. Her eyes darted around, clinging to a small jacket she had partially over her outfit. Long stalkings reached up in a way fortunately enough for her covering up mostly though teasing a bit of her skin underneath. The reached up attached to the bottom of the outfit with a portion of the red outfit sticking out covering her just barely almost as if some one piece swim suit with the stockings attached to it. The fluffy bunny tail was attached to her bottom as she wore black short healed shoes she had. Her pendant dangled around her neck, not really part of the outfit but it wasn't something she would part with even if she wasn't trying to 'hide away'.

She had reserved her outfit in a rush asking for a cute bunny wanting to be something cute like she recalled in her childhood always having wanted. She asked for a costume like this, instead her to her shock the costume she unintentionally reserved due to unclear instructions was this. It had left her shocked, attempting to switch it out only to find out she couldn't exchange it, having already been paid for by her grandmother (on please please please don't let her know about it!). Her blue jacket was a bit out of place covering her top part, though she would die in utter embarrassment if she showed off what the top of the outfit showed. Needing a costume she had to go dressed, but she wasn't willing to go that far... she could just brush it off as part of the costume right?

Ashley looked on bllinking as she saw a pile of children suddenly jumping on Firefly. She shuffled over looking down. "Ah... k... k... kids... sh... she needs a l... little air to br... breath, you sh... should give her a break..." She spoke out timidly, not one for speaking up... particularly given her 'circumstances'. She held her hand out as to help her up, trying her best to keep composed with no luck of letting her embarrassment become covered up. Thicker and more concealing stockings or not it still felt so much barer then she would ever even think to wear in her life even with the 'worst' part kept hidden away. 

@DaniBot

Darkness and the laughter of little children. Would that really be the end of Firefly? Hitomi sighed as she felt her hand dramatically lower into the sea of childlren, Hitomi's heart was lifted by the voice of whom she assumed was her savior. She held onto the soft and dainty hand and was lifted up as the children began to back away. She held onto the younger girl's hands and addressed her. "My hero! I don't know what would have happened if you didn't show up!" Even though she was being a bit over dramatic, she was still thankful nonetheless. After the initial gratitude, Hitomi inspected the girl. It seemed that she was trying to hide her costume away, something Hitomi couldn't understand seeing how Ashley was made proportion wise. Hitomi stood up straight and shook the girl's hand, feeling slightly envious if her "assets."

As she shook the girl's hand, she overheard one of the children speak to her once more. "It's so fun to play with you Firefly! I could play all night~!" Hitomi's eyes widened as she thought about the possibility of being under another dog pile frightened the woman so much, she hid behind Ashley. "Maybe later. I hear that Gluttony is giving all the children candy. It's from his own personal stash so you know it's the good stuff." The B rank hero winked at the children as their faces exploded with joy and ran to find the gluttonous hero. She knew that she would have to explain herself to her senior later, but she needed a break. Hitomi let out a deep breath and stood up straight scratching the back of her head. "Whelp. That's going to come up and bite me one way or another. Good thing I can always make it up to the kids." She made a goofy face as she chuckled. "Thanks again by the way."

She blinked as she got up. Her cheeks reddened a bit more as hse looked away shyly. "Ah.. it.. it... its n... no problem." She spoke not quite expecting to hear such a response. Even if it was more in jest she still couldn't help but feel a bit shy about it... added with her outfit. Fortunately for her she didn't notice her gaze over her costume... nor could she read minds otherwise it wasn't even likely Shy One would even be standing given she knew what thoughts Hitomi had in her mind about her costume she had hoped no one realize she was partially trying to cover up.

She looked down hearing one of the children looking down. She blinked looking back a bit taken back noticing suddenly how Hitomi had come to be behind her in the blink of an eye. It wasn't hard to tell she was trying to escape from being doggy piled again, even if how fast she moved seemed supernatural. Then again, she was known for making such quick escapes at times... even if she unfortunately floundered in fully executing it at times tripping over things on many of her escape attempts. She watched the children run off, smiling lightly finding some joy in their excitement. Halloween always seemed like such a wonderful time of year, something she truthfully never took part of after her incident... more so pushing her own memories of it away. It worked far better for her to just avoid it personally and enjoy it from affair for the younger kids. 

She looked back turning to face Firefly. She scratched her head a bit as she mentioned having to make it up to the kids realizing then what she had said was just a ploy to get the kids to give her a break.She felt a little bad personally for them, but at the very least she could understand why she would do such. She wasn't certain how well she would be able to take having a bunch of children tackle her... or even that much attention on her. While she was better around kids it still was intimidating having just such a large crowd of them fixated solely on herself. 

She blushed more looking at her as she crossed her arms in front of her stomach as if trying to hide away a little. "Ah... it... its no problem... really... I mean like I said before" She spoke with a bright smile showing off her embarrassment, though realizing she had repeated herself feeling a bit awkward for it.

@DaniBot

Rin looked around the exciting party as people went by her someone stopped and asked. "Woah nice costume what are you?" Rin turned to them on one side of her she wore half of a top hat and had half a mustache. Holding a cane in her gloved hand with dress pants and half of a sweater vest over her plaid shirt. On the other half she had her hair spiked, wearing half of a black trench coat she chuckled spinning around to show off the costume. "Why I'm Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hydes." She was very proud of the costume since Yukari had stayed up all night two nights before making the costume herself. 'Seems these blades have more than a few good uses to them.' Yukari remarked Rin went on her way, looking around the party. When she spotted her two most favorite people in the world Ashley and Hitomi two fellow heroes. She waved her to them rushing over. "Hitomi! Ashley!" She called as she arrived near them she looked Hitomi up and down nodding her head. "Nice costume it totally on fire! Really burns out the competition, no seriously it's pretty hot. I mean it's got me all hot and bothered. I totally-" 'STOP!!!' Yelled Yukari in both a commending and pleading tone. Rin chuckled holding her hands up. "I'll stop I'll stop." She looked to Ashley expecting her to be something cute, like a dog or fairy maybe even a princess. What she saw was a rabbit but not the full fluffy body suit, but the kind one would see in adult magazines. Rin stared at Ashley for a moment blinking a few times as she did. Then her hand quickly shot up to cover her nose her let out a few breaths, relieved. "That was close there just a second slowly, and I would've died of blood loss." 'Yeah seriously what the hell!? Why is she wearing a costume like that!?' Rin smirked. 'I'll tell you why. Because their is a god and he is GOOD!' Rin snapped her fingers pointing at Ashley like her fingers were guns. "You look aaaaaaaamazing! Love everything about what's going on right here!"  

@DaniBot @Hanarei

Leo frowned.  No, not really!  Yet he was annoyed as he kept his smile on his face, "No sir, like I said the last," Leo looked to the right a quick second, having to truly think about it this time, "FIFTY times.  Your child can't climb into the apple bobbing pool, and like I also said, I WOULD NOT get your child out if he jumped in.  Now have a Happy Halloween Night!"  Putting on his best convincing smile Leo waved at the frowning man in front of him, and watched as he walked away in a huff, When will they fix the fact that I'm NOT a C-Class hero?  I swear if I always get put into the C-Class heroes jobs when the A-Class heroes get jobs like THAT.  Gluttony was on the stage performing... something.  It involved a lot of dancing, and seemed to be entertaining the crowd.  As he danced a group of kids rushed on stage and began demanding candy from him.  As he looked at each of them confused the kids began to dogpile him on the stage.  Leo shook his head, chuckling slightly, Well that just happened.  I didn't even have any involvement with that.  I kind of wish I had though...  Leo smirked again and laughed.  Suddenly as he was laughing a man dressed up in a boring clown costume walked over to him.  It was very clearly half-assed, I mean, at least they tried.  The clown individual looked at him, a bored look in his eyes, "I'm taking over your position.  You can go have... 'Fun.'"  The clown gave the air quotes and everything.  Leo suppressed a chuckle and settled for nodding.  He began looking around the huge party, Well then, now where to?  As he looked around his mind traveled back to when he was creating his current costume.  Which was earlier today.

~Ten Hours Earlier~

A dog barking.  The screeching sound at the window.  A bat flying in the dead of... noon.  Leo laughed slightly, but backed away from the window as the bat suddenly threw itself against it, Maybe they should hire somebody to fix that bat problem in the building.  Shaking his head Leo calmed Goliath down and walked over to where he had set up a bowl for the Trick-or-Treaters that were likely to be coming tonight.  Leo was glad that somebody had actually decided to fight for Halloween actually going on this year.  It was one of his favorite holidays, and he was going to get to spend it at home.  He would relax with Goliath, eat some candy, and start watching that all-night horror movie marathon.  A ringing began to sound from the small coffee table in front of him.  Leo stretched up and grabbed the phone putting it up against his ear as he clicked to answer the call, "Hello, this is Leo."  A shuffling was heard on the other end before a raspy voice spoke through the phone, "What's your favorite scary movie?"

Leo blinked twice, "Naw I'm just kidding with you man."  A chuckling was heard through the man and Leo finally looked at who had called him, What's the Heroes Association doing making prank calls?  He put the phone against his ear again just in time to hear the man begin to speak again, "Sorry about that, we like to have fun here at the office.  So yeah, I was just confirming that you would be making it to help host the Halloween party that's going to be in City-5."  Leo went even silenter, "I'm sorry, what?  Nobody informed me of this."

"Oh... well... the Heroes Association would like you to help host the Halloween Party going on this Halloween in City-5.  There we go, just informed you!  We'll see you there!"  Leo's eyes went wide and he stood up as he spoke, "Wait, I won't be able to co-" The man hung up before Leo could say any more.  Sighing Leo got up from his couch, realizing that he would need to find a way over there so that he didn't lose his job or whatever, I probably wouldn't lose my job would I?  Maybe... maybe not... oh well.  The party will probably be fun.  All of the sudden his phone rang again, Leo read the id to see that the Heroes Association had called him back.  He quickly answered, and all he heard was, "Oh yeah, and wear a costume!"  The phone shut off again, leaving a very disappointed Leo.  Leo looked at Goliath with sad eyes, and Goliath looked up with even sadder eyes, "I know buddy.  It's just one night though..."  Leo sighed and sat back down on the couch, Yet it's worth so much more than just one night.  It was right then that what the man said hit Leo hard, Where am I going to find a costume now?

~One Phone Call Earlier~

Leo smiled as he opened the door and saw the man carrying the box.  The man was looking around, clearly nervous, "Leo, I told you that you need to call me ahead of time before you need these kind of clothes.  It's hard to make it as fast as you need it and the material is near impossible to find.  Especially with how you wanted the armor to be visible."  The man set the box down and he grabbed at his collar slightly.

"I know, and I wouldn't have asked if it hadn't been really important.  I just really needed a good costume for this Halloween Party."  The man's eyes lit up, but before he could say anything Leo had already picked up the box and walked inside.  Sighing the man walked off, wondering about how he had gotten into this situation in the first place.  As Leo moved the box onto the table on the kitchen, Goliath walked over to the door and stood up on his hind legs to close the door.  Leo smiled as he opened the box and saw the beautiful armor glinting with the light reflecting on it.  He pulled out the winged helmet and admired the attention to detail that had been made.  Then he brought out the beautifully done armor and cloth.  Smiling, Leo took hold of the costume and put it onto himself.  Though, to call it a costume would be underwhelming, as this was very clearly real armor.  Maybe not to the extent that the myths had made it out to be, but armor nonetheless.  Leo smiled as he looked down at the costume, but he realized how very few people would know who the character is.  After all, his popularity is mainly myths and legends(Legends that are likely different from our own world).  Still Leo was impressed in the costume, One more adjustment to make.  Let's see if I can do this without hurting myself this time.  Leo reached his hands up onto his head, after taking off the helmet of course, and began letting electricity glide across the surface.  He brought them down after a few seconds and was disappointed to realize that he failed to make his hair grow.  Leo looked in a mirror and guessed that it was at most an inch longer.  Sighing Leo realized that he would have to deal with shorter hair than his image inspiration.  Other than that though, Leo was set to go.

~Present Time~

Leo finally spotted somebody who was sticking out from the crowd.  She was wearing a bright orange costume, A Phoenix costume?  I wonder who that-it's Hitomi.  Leo smiled and walked over to the group of three people talking.  He let Mjölnir hang from his hand as he stepped up to the group, "Nice to see some familiar faces at the party!  I can see that you're dressed in a Phoenix costume Hitomi.  It looks really great, I love a lot of the detail you put into it."  Leo then looked over to the other two girls, who he now recognized as Yukari and Ashley.  The next part was figuring out their costumes, "Well I can see that you're wearing a... Jekyll and Hyde costume?"  He says while looking at Yukari, and then he turns to Ashley, "And... I'm not sure.  That coat seems to be covering up a possibly... uncharacteristic outfit for you Ashley.  Though I can't really tell for sure, is that a bunny costume?"  Leo was unsure if that was the correct guess, only making the assumption on the bunny ears she was wearing.  Both of their costumes were certainly interesting.  While he could tell that Yukari's costume might be because of her behavior at times, Ashley was another story.  He couldn't really tell why she was wearing... whatever it was she was wearing, Might have been a costume mix-up.  Leo smiled, "Nonetheless, you all look great in those costumes!"

As Hitomi continued to thank the younger hero countless times, she grinned and took Ashley's hands. "You're so nice! Tell you what, I'll get you anything you want for helping me out. Of course it has to be legal..or does it?" Hitomi looked to both of her sides before lightly slapping Ashley on her back. I'm just kidding! Well about the illegal part, but if you want anything don't hesitate to ask ok?" Firefly said as she gave Ashley a thumbs up. It was hard to tell who had the most energy, Hitomi or the group of kids she sent away. Just as she was about to ask where in the festival Shy One wanted to go to, she heard a familiar voice calling to the both of them. She turned and waved excitedly as Yukari came walking over. Inspecting her costume, Hitomi gave her a nod of approval. "Nice costume Yukari. It looks really hot. Wouldn't want you to get de-hyde-rated.Ba dun tss. She chuckled in response to Yukari's puns, but began blushing midway. "Ok...I get it..." She muttered, her face as red as Ashley's after too many compliments. As Yukari focused her attention on Ashley, Hitomi scanned the crowd for more familiar faces. She felt thankful for spotting the group of kids as they made their way through the crowd towards Gluttony. 'Oh boy..' She thought as the kids began asking for candy and then dog piling on him. 

She placed a hand on Yukari's shoulder and held her stomach as she doubled over trying to hold in her laughter, The situation really shouldn't have been that funny, but it was. Oh yeah she was definitely going to get in trouble before the night was over. She looked up, wiping tears from her eyes as Leo addressed her costume. "Thanks. I can see the almighty Thor came thundering in." She spoke between breaths trying to calm herself before she clapped her hands towards the group. "My mom made it. She's one of the best seamstresses' in City 1! Wanna see the cool part?" Hitomi leaned over and winked at her group before backing up and engulfing her whole body in flames. As bold as it was, it seemed that the costume was unaffected by the fire. After a brief moment, Hitomi extinguished them and grinned. "All fireproof! Wouldn't want to have a mishap now, would we?" It would be a real shame if she had burnt her costume, along with her dignity, in front of the citizens and heroes. "That's a great costume as well Leo. Too bad Goliath isn't here. Where is he by chance?" 

Ashley shifted her eyes back to look at Hitomi. She blinked as she took her head, blushing a bit as she touched her hands. She stared on a bit puzzled as she was flush red. "Ah... oh... um..." She muttered before she spoke about joking. She smiled nervously, timid about the situation. "Ah... I... I see... of... of course... th... that is..." She muttered out fumbling with her fingers. Her eyes kept locked to the ground quite timid about everything that happened so far. Fortunate for her... at least to the extent of helping her to struggle through tossing out some awkward dialog after Hitomi unintentionally embarrassed her. It was perhaps a short lived break considering it was Yukari who had approached her much to her own dismay, recalling her earlier interactions teasing her.

"H... hi..." She spoke bowing her head lightly in gesture, her cheeks red as could be practically predicting she would be teased in some way. Truthfully her innocent mind felt as if no one would know what the outfit was she was covering up, naive in her own belief no one else saw a costume similar to the one she wore before... perhaps just the bottom part being the only part that hopefully might be played off as being a style choice.  She had been tempted to wear pants over top, although the tail made it hard for her to do so. She heard the compliment glowing in response trying to put on a smile although it wasn't hard to see it was a nervous one. "Th... thanks... y... you outfit is g.. great too!" She spoke not quite really alert to the tone of voice she was giving her as anything more then being strange.

It had only been when Leo came that she began to realize more about what they were seeing. She smiled at him in greeting as he talked with Hitomi. She still couldn't help but feel uneasy with her outfit, but she had fooled herself into thinking no one realized what kind of outfit it was. Everyone seemed to recognize it as a bunny outfit, though she supposed it must of looked a little out of place they seemed accepting of it. It was then Leo turned to her to speak. Her eyes opened wide as he mentioned how uncharacteristic it was. Her cheeks grew bright red as it felt as if she was suddenly made naked clutching tighter on the jacket she used to cover up. 

"Y... y... y... y... y.. y... ye.... yess....s.... a... a... a... b... b.... bun.... bunny... y..y..y.. your c..c.c...cost... costume l...looks g...g...good too" She stuttered greatly greatly flared up realizing they seemed to know full well what kind of costume it was. Her attempt to hide away the mix up she had and play it off had seemed to of failed with an outfit that unknowingly to her was quite well known. Her eyes avoided eye contact like the plague even as she complimented his costume without getting that good of a look of it as she fiddled cutely with her fingers as if trying to find a way to hide away without just ducking away from them all. It didn't help even with her innocent mind she instinctively could tell what its 'appeal' was making it that much worst that it was a guy who had pointed it out. She looked down keeping toying with her fingers feeling as if she could just die right there and then from the utter embarrassment only able to wonder if they are picturing what her top looks underneath. 

@Kingmalikai @Nenma Takashi @DaniBot

Rin took Hitomi by her shoulder and looked into her eyes. "Hitomi please hold me back, if you don't I'm afraid I might do something I'll regret." Rin could already tell if she wasn't watched after she very well might use her blades to slice through Ashley's jacket to get a full look at her costume. But Rin had agreed with Yukari that her previous advances were a bit too..."extreme" so she decided she needed to hold herself back a bit. 'I'm proud of you Rin, holding back like this.' 'Yeah well don't be too proud cause if Hitomi doesn't hold me back, I just might not be able to hold back.' Then some of Hitomi's hair tickled her hair and Rin turned away to sneeze. Now she was Yukari she rubbed her nose sighing. "Well that makes this much easier." She looked at Ashley with a blank look. "I'll admit I am surprised you were brave enough to come wearing something your so clearly embarrassed by. I figured you the type to literally die from embarrassment." 'AHHHHHH DDAAAAMMMMNNNN IIIIITTTT!!!!!' 

@Kingmalikai @DaniBot @Hanarei

Barney's alley was barren tonight, he heard the children walk and talk, his happiness grew as he looked through his calendar to see it was Halloween.  The little alien loved the holiday so much, people randomly gave him candy, saying how awesome his cyclops costume was.  Though this night wasn't going to be like the rest.

When Barney still had a home, he use to be able to watch one of the doctors old shows he had on tape.  It was the story of an alien monkey who had a goal to always be the strongest.  It made Barney feel less alone, like this person spoke to him through the tv.  Anyway he had to get a costume without any money unlike all the other kids in there fancy costume.  Only a thin blue shirt and a bunch of animals.  This should be fun.

First he needed the right robes so he ran to another hobo.  "I'll give you an apple for orange blankets!"  He revealed the mushed up apple, the guy gave a toothless smile.  Finally!  Something he could eat without gumming on it.  Barney returned back home, removing his thin, white T shirt for the new blue one.  He then wrapped the orange blanket until it looked somewhat like Goku's outer shirt.  Then there was the boots and that weird symbol on the back.  He went dumpster searching until he found some old tap shoes, a big, dirty sticker and blue 80's sweat bands.  He got some black gunk and made the symbol on the back though it was dripping.  The little alien was liking his costume so far but he looked behind him to realize he didn't have the tail.  Barney went to his friends, looking for 7/11.  The dark brown cat was eating a old can when the alien picked him up "I need a tail!  Can you help?"  The cat gave a blank look but meow, that was all Barney needed.  He put the cat on his back, the hair and costume covering most of the animal, he guided the tail until it went out the costume through the back waist.  

There was something missing, then he remembered.  The hair!  He tried to make his hair stand but the weight was just too much.  He had to think and remembered the sticky stuff between the corners of the dumpster.  He jumped in, grabbing a gunk of it and forcing it in his hair.  It would be awful to take out later but right now, his hair was perfect.  Now he needed his mode of transportation.  

There was that one cloud that Goku liked to ride.  What to use?  He remembered the old wagon which color had faded.  Barney grabbed some yellow cardboard and used a broken piece of scissors to slowly cut through to make badly made clouds.  He used the same gunk for his hair to stick the cardboard ends on both sides.  "EVERYTHING IS GOOD!  Now where to go......"  He remembered those kids from a while earlier 'Wish I could go to City 5, they use to have the best candy, being all rich.'  

It was perfect!  Now all he needed to do was go to city 5 with only a wagon.  Fun!  He made sure the animals were fed and that the raccoon would protect goldy from predators.  He pulled the wagon over to the sidewalk.  For any normal kid, this would take days.  But the mix of his excitement and the fact he wasn't human, one strong push sent him off to his destination in no time.

~Five Hours Later~

After no time and by no time, 5 hours of pushing and asking directions, he made it.  City 5....or what was left of it.  There seemed to be a party go on which amazed him.  So many kids were dressed up nicely then you had Barney.  Dirty, smelly, and in a below decent Goku costume.  He was getting looks but wasn't carrying, only running up to random people and yelling "Treats!"

As Hitomi waited for a response from Leo, she was suddenly taken aback by Yukari grabbing onto her shoulders. Her eyes widened as she slightly raised a hand. "U..Uh...Ok.." She agreed, frightened of what was running through the Blade Queen's mind. She backed up noticing her change of demeanor after her sneeze. 'A..Ah ok. Guess everything is fine then...' She thought as Leo and Yukari both addressed Ashley about her costume. She leaned to the side of Yukari nodding in agreement. "She's right, unless it was a mix up. But that doesn't happen very often." She laughed, waving her hands towards Ashley only to freeze when Ashley revealed that she had on a bunny costume. If anyone was paying attention, they would have saw Hitomi's expression of pure horror she started coughing and grinned. "Well nonetheless, it's a costume so no one is going to assume you dress like that regularly."  On the outside, Hitomi was reassuring her younger friend but was a total mess inside. 

'It was a mix up, of course! Ashley's so young and cute and easily embarrassed, it's sure to happen to her. I..It's like she's naturally...moe! She's surely the type of person who gets confessions on a daily basis. So jealous...' As her thought process continued, Hitomi would slowly sink to the floor for a few minutes before jumping up with a new burst of energy. "AHH I can be naturally cute and moe as well! I can't let this get to me! I'm a natural fireball! A true one of a kind with her own unique charm!" She pointed upward as she yelled through the crowd and then started laughing with her fists on her hips. It was so loud that people that were nearby started to turn around and stare at the group of heroes, especially Firefly. 

Yukari looked at Hitomi as she rambled on about the costume and how she probably is wearing it by accident. 'Or she could just secretly be a closet pervert.' 'YOU TAKE THAT BACK NOW!' Yukari held her head as to try and quiet the noise but it was useless since it came from inside her head. "Geez do you always have to be so loud?" She said aloud this time without realizing only for her to get a strange case of deju vu. She held her hands up defensively trying to show she didn't mean it. "Uh no I mean well like it's fine if you do cause uh you know uh well sometimes uh.....I like your costume." 'Smooth.' 'All of my hate.' She scratched the back of her head. "Uh look don't be mad or sad that I said that I didn't mean it really I just was uh talking to uh.....myself......yeah.....that's what was happening." 'Well now you just sound like a crazy person.' 'Rin.....Shut......Up' 'Ok.' 

@DaniBot @Kingmalikai @Hanarei 

Hitomi felt herself freeze, hearing Yukari's comment. her shoulders slumping down. "S..Sorry..." She sheepishly said as she sighed sadly. Oddly enough, Yukari wasn't the first one to comment on how loud the fiery woman was. She had heard it all her life.  She grasped Yukari's shoulders giving her a sad smile. "Don't be sorry. I should be used to hearing it by now." Hitomi tried to reassure the woman that it was ok, but she did have that strange feeling she was always being annoying. "I wish I could tone it down, but this is the way I've always been. Sad to say that not everyone likes it." She chuckled before she tried to change the topic. "What's the story behind your costume Yukari? Is Jekyll and Hyde your favorite book?" Hitomi always did assume her to be the bookworm type. 

Leo gave Hitomi a deadpan look, With just one sentence she's already begun the puns.  Leo gave a chuckle after a few seconds and continued to listen to Hitomi as she spoke.  Apparently her mom had made the costume herself, which was impressive on its own, but what was even more impressive was the part that came afterwards.  Leo watched as Hitomi suddenly went up in flames, and yet her costume was completely fine.  Impressed, Leo attempted to applaud the show, but was disappointed as his hand just smacked against the hammer he was carrying, "Impressive, I'm surprised you went to the detail of making your costume fireproof, but I guess as you said it would be pretty important to do so.  As for Goliath, I had to leave him with my neighbor.  He doesn't really like to travel too much, which is a shame considering how much I have been moving around as of late.  Thank you by the way!"  Leo finished off his sentence after having remembered her compliment.  Leo started to stare off into space until Ashley suddenly caught his attention once again, "Oh, thank you!  I had to rush it, so I'm glad that it came out as good as it did."  After another few seconds Leo decided to fully join the conversation as it began to talk more about people's costume decisions.  Leo nodded his head at Hitomi's question, already having guesses at the meaning behind Yukari's costume, but figuring that it was better to wait for her response.  Now that Leo was looking at Yukari's costume he couldn't help but admire the precise sewing that must have been used to make the outfits clash so wonderfully.  Instead of saying anything, he once again began waiting for a response, a smile on his face.

Yukari had a blank face as Hitomi apologized for nothing. "No I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that. Plus I'm kinda used to people like you so it's alright." 'You talkin bout me?' Yukari ignored Rin and listened to Hitomi ask about her costume Yukari closed her eyes. "Is it my favorite?" She opened her eyes they almost seemed to hold stars in them as she spoke. "Of course it is I love it the books so amazing I love everything about it I totally get Jekyll not being able to hold back this personality and always at risk of it ruining you life that's torture man it almost brings me to tears! I've read it at least a thousand times I have over ten copies of it in my book store and make sure to restock it whenever one is bought as soon as possible! I love it so much that if I could only read one book the rest of my life which to be honest would be hell I'd choose Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde!" She stopped to breath out of breath at how excited she was telling the others about her love for the book. 'NNNNNNNNEEEEEEERRRRRRRRDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!'

@DaniBot @Hanarei @Kingmalikai

Barney was yelling at people when there was a sudden  louder yell.  He turned to see who had made it and saw the group of heroes.  He tilted his head as one of them looked familiar.  Where did he see the electric guy?  He thought for a second before a lightbulb appeared in his head.  He was a hero from city 1.  Yes!  More heroes for autographs.  The small, one eyes alien dressed as Goku ran up to Leo "Hi!  You're a hero too, right?  Can I have your autograph?"  He asked loudly, taking out a dirty piece of paper and a broken pen.

@Kingmalikai @Nenma Takashi @DaniBot @Hanarei

Ashley was embarrassed toying with her fingers hearing the others speak. She could hardly believe anyone caught on feeling so embarrassed. She only vaguely caught what they said only really jumping to attention again when Hitomi spoke up leaving her a bit puzzled with the talk of Moe. She looked on fortunately to lost by her ranting to realize what she was trying to say. She tilted her head to the side, staring cutely at Hitomi still red by her embarrassment though at least briefly distracted from her embarrassing state in response.

"Ah... um y... yes y... you look g... g...good." She spoke as to timidly try and boost the girl's confidence while fumbling with her own shy behavior given what situation she was in. She might be embarrassed by compliments but she was never one to not try and throw one someone else way who wanted it. 

She watched Yukari as she explained her costume and why she picked it. She smiled lightly trying to suppress her shyness once again. "Ah! Y... yes it... it is an interesting story.. f... for sure. I... I k... kind of like it... even if it is a little b.. bit scary at times with how it.. sometimes is told in m.. movie form." She spoke with a light smile trying to be upbeat to him looking kindly towards him. She did a bit of reading herself enjoying books as well. She didn't get as much time to read fictional books but she did tend to pick a few books up year to read. 

@Kingmalikai @DaniBot @Nenma Takashi

Hearing Leo's compliment caused the hero to grin proudly. She was already aware that she was going to get compliments, but her chest swelled up whenever she got compliments from friends. She frowned hearing that Goliath was at a neighbor's. "Aww, well next time I see him, I'll have to give him a treat. I'll even bake it myself." Hitomi promised, not one to shy away from spoiling a dog no matter the size. Hitomi smiled warmly at Yukari, accepting her apology but stared at Ashley as she stared cutely at Hitomi. It was almost as if she was staring into her soul with a warmth that was associated with puppy dogs and rabbits. 'Dear god she's a natural...' The brunette thought as she held onto Yukari's shoulders. Listening to Yukari explain how she felt about Jekyll and Hyde made her chuckle a bit. It was quite rare to see her passionate about something other than fighting....and Ashley. "Hey. You think you could order me a copy of it? Hearing you describe it is making me want to read it." She laughed as she patted Yukari's back. "Of course, you'd also have to give me directions to your book store."  

As she laughed, she noticed a small little alien running up to the group out of the corner of her eye. Once Hitomi had faced him to observe, her eyes widened at his costume and how adorable he was. Her eyes sparkled as she grinned and looked at him. "Awww he's so cute. Hey there. What's your name?" She asked as Barney held up his paper and pen for Leo to sign. Seeing that his attention as on Leo, Hitomi stepped back to give them both room. "Why are there so many cute things at this party. My heart is going to explode..." She muttered looking back and forth from Shy One to Barney. 

Leo laughed at the conversations going on within this group.  He was happy he had some people in his life that he could talk to again.  Especially when all of them were each so interesting and full of life.  It was a difference from how the past years in his life had been.  When a small voice spoke up Leo began looking around for where the source of the voice had come from and turned to see a small... alien?  Leo cocked his head slightly, but admired the costume he had made.  Even if it was... made from scrap.  Leo gave a smile at the child as he continued to speak to him.  Upon hearing him call him a hero as well as asking for his autograph Leo nodded slightly, "Well, I'm only one on my paycheck, but of of course you can have my autograph!"  Leo kneeled down and took the piece of paper and pen, and stared at the paper, Okay then... it's been a while since I had to do this.  So it's... an L first.  After a few seconds Leo began signing his name.  In the end it was a very formal signature that Leo was quite proud of, Let's just hope nobody else asks for an autograph and I should be fine.  Leo smiled at the kid and stood up, but then echoed the statement that Hitomi had said, "What is your name kid?"

@DaniBot @Hanarei @Nenma Takashi @Shammy the Shamrock

Yukari stared at Hitomi as she said she'd like a copy of the book and directions to her shop. Tears welled up in her eyes she quickly turned around to hide her crying face she wiped her tears away. Turning back around she nodded her head taking out a card with the location of her shop on it. "Here. You can stop by anytime or whatever I don't really mind." 'You have been waiting like since you opened that place to hand out even one of those cards.' The corners of Yukari's mouth began to shake as she fought back a smile. 'I know and it's finally happened!' She was beyond happy then a small child walked over to them she looked down at it. 'Dahh look at the little guy. He's so cute not Ashley cute but still a strong contender.' 'I wonder how Ashley would feel to know one of her biggest fans is a blade slashing idiot like you.' 'Probably fuckin awesome!' 'Yeah keep telling yourself that.'

@Kingmalikai @Hanarei @DaniBot @Shammy the Shamrock 

Barney looked up at them, giving a salute before taking a deep breath "I'm Barney Rogers!  Thank you for the autograph, I try to get every heroes I can.  Can't wait to put this on my alley wall!"  The child said happily as the cat tail flicked and wrapped around his waist.  Something moved underneath as the cats head popped out, letting out a yawn.  "This is my friend 7/11.  I have more but they couldn't come," he looked around to see Hitomi "Are you a hero too?"  His face gained detail, he closed the gap between them in a blink of an eye, lifting up his paper and pen.  His face lost the detail while the kid taking a step back "Oh......Are you going to be OK?  I don't want your heart to explode, that sounds bad" he looked up innocently at her, gently swaying back and forth.  At this time 7/11 had jumped out of his costume, ruining the tail look and crawling into the nimbus wagon. 

@Kingmalikai[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)] [/COLOR]@Nenma Takashi[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)] [/COLOR]@DaniBot[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)] [/COLOR]@Hanarei

Quietly, Siegfried entered the party. He went uncostumed at first, so he could blend in.. he didn't want to be seen walking into the party with his half-assed costume. Once he got inside though, he didn't hesitate to put it on. It took just one simple motion. Over his body, Siegfried draped a white sheet, with a frowning eyes and face drawn onto it with a sharpie. He was a "ghost". 

As a gaggle of children approached him, he hopped in place, turning to face them.

"What are you supposed to be?" one of the children asked.

"Me? I uh.. I'm a ghost." Siegfried responded, half-heartedly.

"You're not a ghost!" the child replied.

"That so..?" Ego dripped off of Siegfried's voice as he took one step towards the children.. then he vanished. Startled, they began to look around for where he could have gone. When all their backs were turned, Siegfried rematerialized behind them, leaning down almost to their level.

"Boo." with sudden shouts, the children nearly jumped out of their skin as they turned around and saw the "ghost". The ghost let out a small laugh.

"I wasn't lying when I said I was a ghost. Don't know if you know.. but I'm the hero called Planeshifter."

"Planeshifter...? I uh.. I think I heard of you. Not much though."

"Eeeh well that doesn't matter now. Here, have some candy and have some fun." from under the sheet, Siegfried had a plastic bucket of candy; mostly white chocolate and fruity chewys.. his favorite kinds. Eagerly the children took them up, then went off running. Satisfied with the interaction, Planeshifter wandered around.. looking for another hero to interact with.

She remained shy biting her bottom lip looking out embarrassed still although at the very least feeling some relief to her trying to push aside her outfit from conversation. Her eye shifted looking over blinking at Rin as she mentioned cute people seeming puzzled by it until her cheeks glowed redder realizing in part she was talking about her. She looked down timidly avoiding eye contact as a way of 'hiding' away. Why did Yukari always have to make such embarrassing comments? 

Her eyes glanced over looking at the kid still embarrassed though smiling brightly seeing him speak to Leo. It was so sweet seeing a child so absorbed into a hero. It was something she couldn't help but admire, even if she had to admit she wasn't one really for the attention. She practically wanted to avoid the attention if possible. For her being a hero was doing a duty she felt she owed to the world. She didn't want any of the fame and glory. She could care less about that. If she were to go nameless to most of the population while doing what she could to protect them all she would be happy.

She kept her face down smiling a bit, the blushing girl having a moment of happiness away from her thoughts of her outfit. She was happy that as heroes they were so inspirational for the children. She would gladly keep in the back in the shadows and allow them to all soak the glory. It wasn't something she really cared about nor deserved. 

@Nenma Takashi @DaniBot @Shammy the Shamrock @Kingmalikai

It was going to be a blast. A Halloween party. Nagoya walked, his costume dawn was of an older period in time. Around his neck was a white cravat, white buckle shoes and white stockings, and a white and gold three-piece suit and a gold and black masquerade mask over his eyes.

Picture401.jpg~c200

He walked in to find the place to be full of fun. But, first, he had to taste the punch. Make sure it was... safe to drink, of course. Well, maybe because of the alcohol. Having made his way there, he grabbed a cup and poured himself some punch and took a sip. Delicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back