Chapter A: Halloween Night in City-5

These people were going to be the death of her. Ashley and little Barney were going to cause her heart to explode from cuteness. Now, Barney had added a cat into the mix. Hitomi stopped herself from squealing by biting her lip, hard. "Awww. So precious." She said as she reached out to pet the cat, smiling as he asked her if she was a hero. "Of course. I'm the hottest around. Well besides Dragon Lord...and Star...but I'm still pretty cool!" She said as she happily took the paper and signed it. Her heart leaped with joy and pride as she gave her first signature to Barney. "Hold onto that cause it's special." Hitomi seemed bothered by what he had told Leo before though. An alley wall? As in an alley outside? "You meant an alley as outside right?" The little alien was just so happy to be there, the thought of him being alone and by himself broke her heart. Maybe she could offer him somewhat of a place to stay. It wouldn't be very heroic if she had handed him an autograph and let him continue to stay without a home. Especially with the cold weather coming up. 

Before she got her answer, Hitomi turned at the feeling of a small finger tapping her back. She turned around to find the earlier group of children facing her with paper and pens as well. Timmy seemed to had turn into the group's ringleader with a candy bar in his hand. By god, they had actually gotten candy from Gluttony. "Mr. Gluttony said that you'd give us candy and an autograph. Will you Firefly? Will you?" Hitomi faced them and chuckled nervously. 'Touche Gluttony. Touche...' She thought as she nodded and took the pens and paper from each child, giving them an autograph and a bar of candy. She figured she'd treat Gluttony out later for all the trouble she caused him, even if it did provide a good laugh. "Ok there you go." As she stood up, it warmed her heart to look across the sea of children, all with smiles on their faces. It was a good Halloween. 'Look at that Firefly. You made it up to the kids. You did a good thing.' She closed her eyes grinning until she heard the kids. 

"Can we play with you again?" 

Woo boy these kids were persistent. Maybe if she found a way to tire the kids out, then they'd be content. After all she was Hitomi Nakashima, the most energetic baker in all of City 1.  There wasn't anything she couldn't do, especially high on a sugar rush. "Tell you what kids. Why don't you race me to the punch table? There's a clear way. Just be careful! Ready! Go!" And with that, she was off running to the punch table as the kids raced to catch her. If she kept running, then their energy would run out and they'd be content with just eating candy. She smiled at her plan, until she slipped up on a bit of spilled punch and fell. As she tried to stand up, Hitomi would soon find herself buried as the children started to dog pile her again. The children laughed and cheered as they each begged Firefly to play with them more often after the party, some even asking to become their big sister. "Not again! Why has fate conspired against me so tragically?" She cried out, her hand grasping for help yet again. 

Yukari kicked at the ground a bit clearly bothered by the kids she spun her cane around a few times. Looking at the children she coughed somewhat enough to get some to look then went back to spinning her cane. Rin picked up almost immediately on what she was doing and laughed. 'Aw does the widdle fake four-eyes wanna sign some autographs?' 'No!' She looked away but felt someone tug on the trench coat side of her costume looking down she saw a little girl dressed in a loose straight jacket. She had a strange mouth guard around her face Yukari snapped her finger pointing at her. "Hannibal." She stated confident she was right the girl seemed to perk up and nodded then held out a piece of paper Yukari took it then held it to Hitomi. "She want's to sign it but is too shy to ask you herse-" The girl tugged on her trench coat again looking down the girl pointed at Yukari. Who looked at the paper then the girl Rin decided to lend a hand. 'Oh my god! SIGN THE PAPER!' Yukari sighed taking out a pen she had in her pocket and signed her name in big letters. She wrote her title Blade Queen in a fancy way with the words seeming to be sharp and jagged like blades. Handing the paper back to the girl she shrugged turning around. "There ya got your autograph." The girl held it close to her chest and ran off Yukari clenched her fist. 'Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!' 'Hey still here remember.' Yukari looked down pulling her hat down a bit so others couldn't see the blush that was coming onto her face.

@Kingmalikai @Hanarei @DemetrioMachete @Shammy the Shamrock @Colleen McJavabean @DaniBot

The cat had swiped at the hand, he didn't like people to touch the merchandise unless you were Barney or had cat food.  Meanwhile Barney put the paper away though it seemed he was unable to answer the question due to a bunch of kids showing up.  "Drugon lord?  Star?.....I KNOW THOSE GUYS!  Drugon said I had potential when I went to the hero building in city 1!"  Those were good times.  

Barney was about to answer her other question about his alley when a bunch of kids had shown up.  His mouth watered at the sight of candy though he held himself back, he'd ask for some later.  He saw her and the kids run but didn't participate.  Last time something like this happened, all the kids screamed and he became homeless in the first place.

Then he gave a look a shock when he saw the kids dog pilling on top of the hero.  "I'LL HELP!"  Barney flailed his hand, fast enough to almost fly before bolting to the hero in need.  He did take a second to stand in front of her "It's an alley outside, yes."  He grabbed her hand with a anaconda grip and began trying to pull her from the pile.  He could probably lift a small, full table at this point but it might not be able to do anything in this situation.

@DaniBot @Kingmalikai[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)] [/COLOR]@Hanarei[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)] [/COLOR]@Nenma Takashi[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)] [/COLOR]@DemetrioMachete[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)] [/COLOR]@Colleen McJavabean[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)] [/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
Leo smiled at the alien child, happy to have made him happy for this Halloween.  Though as he spoke again Leo's smile turned a little more compassionate and he felt bad for the kid at mentioning that he lives in an alley.  He coughed into his arm, feeling as if he was hacking out a lung.  Then, smiling, Leo quickly spoke to the members in the group around him, "Hey I think I'm going to go to the punch table.  Anybody want some dri-"  Leo looked up to see that the group had mostly spread out among the room.  He shrugged and walked over to the punch table where he saw Star dressed up in an old-fashioned costume.  Leo looked at Star's costume carefully, and then smiled again as he looked over at him, "Nice costume.  I wasn't sure if you were going to be here... heck, I wasn't sure I was going to be here myself.  Kind of glad I did though.  Oh hey fruit punch!"  Leaning over, Leo grabbed a cup and swooped up some of the red drink, Wow, haven't had this since I was... really young.  Leo smiled and gulped down a huge amount of the drink.  Then he immediately regretted it as the punch impacted him as an actual punch might, "Oh, what did they do with punch since I last had it?  Tastes a lot different... has it always been this strong?"

@Hanarei[COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)] [/COLOR]@DemetrioMachete[COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)] [/COLOR]@Shammy the Shamrock[COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)] [/COLOR]@Colleen McJavabean[COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)] [/COLOR]@DaniBot @Nenma Takashi

Ashley stood quietly in the corner where she had snuck off to after her 'exposure'. Her cheeks were flush as she fidgeted with her fingers. How could someone recognize what the costume was? She had tried her best to hide it hoping no one would catch on but it seemed as if it was exposed. She glowed red wiggling her rear a bit as she was a bit panicked glowing red. In part she regretting coming thinking she could get away with going and playing off the outfit as nothing serious. Now all she could do was imagine what the others were thinking, quick to image then viewing her in some sort of exaggerated manor now.

"Oh no oh no... they... they know... now they think of... they... it... they probably think I'm like... its embarrassing... I'm not one to wear this kinda stuff and now they will just think of me wearing this kind of stuff and its going to just be in their minds and when they look at me they are going to think of me dressed like this and... and..." She mumbled softly to herself in the corner as a look of dread and embarrassment continued to envelop the shy girl. Her eyes kept locked towards the floor in the corner she stood as if trying to hide away wiggling about fumbling with her fingers.

@Kingmalikai @Shammy the Shamrock @Colleen McJavabean @DaniBot @Nenma Takashi

Hitomi remained buried in her graveyard of children as she saw Barney appear before her once more grabbing her hand. She smiled, happy at the young alien for grabbing her hand. Her happiness was short lived once another child grabbed her hand and pulled with Barney yelling "Tug of War! Tug of War!" Hitomi's eyes widened as she yelled out and jerked her hand away from the other child allowing Barney to help her to her feet. She dusted off her costume and looked at the children. "Look. I get that you want to play, but you have to be careful." She spoke to them in a kind but stern voice as the children nodded their heads. She then turned to Barney and placed her hand on top of his head and rubbed it. "What I was going to ask was that if you wanted to, you could come stay with me for a bit. Living in an alleyway sounds very lonely." She gave him a warm grin to let him know she was serious about the offer. 

"Not to mention if Dragon Lord says you have potential, then you must have a lot of it."   She would have to see about his pets though, especially the one with him now. She heard him hissing, the little shit. Speaking of the A class hero, she looked around the crowd to see if he was somewhere along the crowd of party goers. She didn't spot him, but what she did spot was what looked to be a gorgeous blonde nobleman wearing a masquerade mask speaking to Leo at the punch table. 'There is a God, and he is good....' Hitomi couldn't help but to think while watching the two gentlemen, a slight blush creeping on her cheek at the sight of both of them. She didn't know what, but there was something about the other guest that seemed familiar. She shrugged it off and turned her attention back on Barney. "So what do you say Barney? It'd be a pleasure to have you." 

Barney looked back at his cat as it grabbed his nimbus wagon with his teeth and dragged it to him.  7/11 glared at Hitomi with a look that said she would die very soon before hopping back into Barney's costume.  When Hitomi patted Barney's head, the standing up hair would feel sharp, apparently the gunk had got to the top and made a coating around it like flexible, sharp glass.

The alien looked up at her with wonder and amazement.  His smile grew larger with thanks and somewhat sorrow, he flailed his arms, jumping up and down.  "Ya!  That sounds awesome!  Being with a hero!"  The kid yelled for all to hear, raising his hands and running around in a little circle at the speed of a marathon runner on pure sugar.  He picked up a little dust cloud before stopping at her feet "Thank you!"  The alien hugged her leg with the cat tail wrapping around it as well.  She just gave this little guy something he hadn't had for a while, a home where he could catch up on his Dragon Ball show.

@DaniBot  @Kingmalikai[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)] [/COLOR]@Hanarei[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)] [/COLOR]@Nenma Takashi[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)] [/COLOR]@DemetrioMachete[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)] [/COLOR]@Shammy the Shamrock[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)] [/COLOR]@Colleen McJavabean[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)] [/COLOR]

Hitomi glared back at 7/11, debating on if she should even let him in the house. 'Come now. It's a stray cat. It'll warm up to you with some food. Besides, it's Barney's pet. It'd be cruel to leave him out.' As she finished convincing herself to let the cat in, she heard Barney yelling and running across the room. She stared at him as he stopped at her feet and hugged her leg. Seeing the alien so happy made Firefly's heart warm up a bit. This was the true reward in being a hero. She knelt down hugging Barney and stood up. "Now go enjoy the party with the others. I'll be waiting for you once it ends ok?" She told him so he could enjoy the rest of the party as he saw fit. If he wanted to stay, he could but she assumed it would be quite boring for him. Firefly took a stroll to the punch table where Leo and Star was and gave them a friendly wave. "Hello guys. What's a couple of handsome men like yourselves doing at the punch table?"  After her question, an idea popped into her head. Surely they wouldn't spike the punch. They were better than that. But it never hurt to make sure. "You're not adding anything to the punch now are you?" 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back