• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Centaurs

I don't really have any plot ideas, but I have a centuar (deertaur) character I'm just dying to use. So, if anyone wants to do a group roleplay focusing on centaurs?

If you have interest and/or a plot idea, say hi!

UPDATE:

So I did some talking, all of which you can see below, with @StoneWolf18. We have a very loose plot sort of planned out. Just the base, really. Basically it entails a tribe of centaurs who have been isolated from humans for a very, very long time, coming into contact with them again as the humans have decided to deforest the area that is their home to build a hotel or town or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fucking love centaurs.

Im in. Lemme know if you need help creating a plot!

And of course I would love help with the plot!

Well... a few things:

• Setting: What would make most sense is a medieval fantasy but I've played them in modern settings and lemme tell you, stairs aren't their forte x3.
  • Genre: Slice of life? Action? Adventure?
  • Tone/Mood: Light hearted? Dark and grim?
  • Playable characters: Just centaurs? Centaurs and humans? (I don't think any other species should be allowed beyond that.)

I honestly like modern settings with centaurs most because of all the fun challenges (such as stairs, clothing, etc,) they have to deal with. And modern humans are more closed-minded to fantasy stuff, so I like their reactions to centaurs more. There's also all the tradition stuff younger centaurs would have to deal with.

As for genre, no idea.

I think a more lighthearted tone, that depending on the direction the story goes could become darker.

And yeah, I think just centaurs (and all other taurs) and humans. Maybe occasionally we allow some other animal human hybrid in, such as a lamia/naga.

Mmmm, we could play off of what I've done in the past. Basically any supernatural creature isn't known to a large majority of humans and centaurs and of the like. And so the away they get around that could be anything from a glamour type spell or maybe an enchanted piece of jewelry that when worn would actively keep the taur in a human form until taken off. Shove that idea in a modern setting. Not sure where to take it however.

Mmmm, we could play off of what I've done in the past. Basically any supernatural creature isn't known to a large majority of humans and centaurs and of the like. And so the away they get around that could be anything from a glamour type spell or maybe an enchanted piece of jewelry that when worn would actively keep the taur in a human form until taken off. Shove that idea in a modern setting. Not sure where to take it however.

I like the idea of the jewelry, because it adds in the possibility of it being stolen and therefore forcing the taur into taur form.

I like the idea of the jewelry, because it adds in the possibility of it being stolen and therefore forcing the taur into taur form.

I have multiple ideas for a 1x1 but a group is a bit more challenging...

Maybe a group of taurs meet every so often and a few humans stumble upon them? (Really just spit balling here.)

I feel like the tribe would need to be EXTREMELY isolated for an extended period of time to not break up and adapt to the modernization of the world around them.

Yeah, but there are so many giant forests and wild places in the world that the tribe could wander for a long time and almost never come across a human much less civilization.

Or maybe it's a tribe that has lived with humans, in rural areas, but is just now coming across a city.

Mmmm, actually that could be pretty entertaining. A small group of centaurs persuading the humans to let them come with or something.

Hmmm, still not really the basis of a plot, however.

Maybe we could do the "invaders on our land" trope where humans want to deforest the area the tribe lives  to build a hotel or something less cliché? 

Mmmm, actually that could be pretty entertaining. A small group of centaurs persuading the humans to let them come with or something.

Hmmm, still not really the basis of a plot, however.

Maybe we could do the "invaders on our land" trope where humans want to deforest the area the tribe lives  to build a hotel or something less cliché? 

Yeah, that could work. We humans do like to build things.

Centaurs are cute and fun. I may be interested :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back