Cecilia Tanner

ToteMaus

Cecilia Tanner

Introduction What I mainly want feedback on is: Believability, motivations, and personality. But any feedback on other areas would be more than welcome!

Games the Character has been involved with The Adventures of the Ulster and her Crew, both Legal and Otherwise

Basics

Name: Cecilia Tanner

• Appearance

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 106 lbs (On her home planet, which has lower gravity than Earth, plus prolonged exposure to low gravity causes lower muscle and bone density, which further reduces weight over time)

Hair: Umber, usually kept shaven or close cropped

Eyes: Dark blue

Body: Lithe, skinny, somewhat boyish.

Attire: She usually wears an olive green or beige flight suit, with patches of all the ships she's served on sewn on.

She is very pale, since she spends most of her time on space ships or stations, so gets very little sunlight. Her features are rounded and soft, with a gently curving jawline and a somewhat weak chin. She has a small, slightly upturned and flat nose. Her lips are fairly average, with a very slight cupid's bow. Cecilia's ears are quite narrow, and her lobes are small and almost, but not quite, attached. Her almond shaped eyes are a deep blue, the colour of Earth's oceans as seen from space. Her hair is a dark shade of burnt umber, and is very clean and soft, at least, it would be soft and silky if she didn't usually keep it shaved or close cropped, which she does for convenience in microgravity.

This following is intended to be constructive.

Her appearance was well done; it reads like you gave that section the most love. Personality is believable, but not memorable. I couldn't find any motivations for her other than exploration. If that's true then I'd suggest developing her motivations more.

I didn't see a fleshed out human relationship in her history — that would have added a nice layer of complexity. And I couldn't figure out why she's a skilled gunslinger, any particular reason?

Thanks for the input! Her motivations are mainly intended for her to be the living in the moment type, with very few, if any long term goals. I will consider adding some relationships to the background, they were left out not because of a lack of them in the character history, but more for brevity. As for gunslinging. That comes from an in-universe lore thingy. The shipping lanes are very pirate ridden, so self defence skills are common and necessary amongst spacers.

1. Her Personality is very cookie cutter, and boring, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

2. Her history doesn't do anything for her development to why she is the way she is besides "I don't like this, i don't like that. I want to do this." That is, the History is extremely barebones and offers nothing but statements, and no development.

3. As mentioned above, there's nothing in her history that dictates why she'd be a gunslinger.

Overall, the character is fine for a character that is an auxiliary or an NPC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back