• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Cave Story?

Peppermint Patty

Patty of Peppermint
Hey, I've been a member here for a while, and I've done a lot of searching through that time I've been here... There's been a lot of Elder Scrolls, Pokemon, and anime-themed roleplays here, but what I'm surprised about is the fact that there's not a single roleplay based on the game "Cave Story". So, my question to you guys is...

... Do you want to change that?

EDIT: The thread has been created. Here it is- Detailed - Cave Story: War of the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have a question though.

Would this RP be taking place before, during, or after the events of Cave Story?

AllQuiet said:
I do have a question though.
Would this RP be taking place before, during, or after the events of Cave Story?
Most likely before. To explore the backstory and have what you want to happen.

@AllQuiet It seems nobody else is gonna wanna join, so it'll be 1 x 1 I suppose, but that's fine. Before I make the thread, though, are you using a character already established in the game, or an original one?

I'm still doing a bit of work deciding on how I want the character to be.

The character's not very fleshed out yet.

Oh, and are you going to use a canon character or an OC?

AllQuiet said:
I'm still doing a bit of work deciding on how I want the character to be.
The character's not very fleshed out yet.

Oh, and are you going to use a canon character or an OC?
An oc. He's gonna be a white alien that crashed on the island and stays in Mimiga villiage, because he made them think he was a Mimiga with a birth defect that stretched him out. He's gotta find all his ship parts, but is too afraid to leave the villiage alone.

AllQuiet said:
Huh, that's a pretty unique character idea, I've got to say.
Well, thanks! When you arrive in the town (however you might do that), he'll want to go with you. By the way, this will be a time when one of the previous guys possessed the crown.

I've played Cave Story many many MANY times over, and loved it every time. If the RP is still open, I'd like to jump in!

DocPercival said:
I've played Cave Story many many MANY times over, and loved it every time. If the RP is still open, I'd like to jump in!
It most certainly is. This is taking place when one of the previous guys had the crown- before the main story of said cave. What character are you going to choose? An existing one, or an oc?

Since I'm not a fan of taking others' characters and wielding them as I see fit, I'll probably do an OC. But, as creative as I am, I'll probably stick to a role of one of the recon robots deployed onto the island

DocPercival said:
Since I'm not a fan of taking others' characters and wielding them as I see fit, I'll probably do an OC. But, as creative as I am, I'll probably stick to a role of one of the recon robots deployed onto the island
Okay. Did you read above about my character? You have a plan on how to end up with him?

Yeeup! It'll be simple for them to meet. I guess my character will just drop into the mimiga village at some point. Perhaps something could happen to prove to the alien that this robot is just who he needs to protect him outside the village?

DocPercival said:
Yeeup! It'll be simple for them to meet. I guess my character will just drop into the mimiga village at some point. Perhaps something could happen to prove to the alien that this robot is just who he needs to protect him outside the village?
Yeah. And we can meet @AllQuiet too- whatever he'll be. And your robot will be like Quote- he won't try and hurt the Mimigas?

Also, I'll have the thread created by 5 PM. Get hyped.

Absolutely! The entire story seems sound. I think I have an idea how to implement my character, wherein the Mimiga have captured one of the robots under the Crown Holder, and reprogrammed him to fight on their side!

DocPercival said:
Absolutely! The entire story seems sound. I think I have an idea how to implement my character, wherein the Mimiga have captured one of the robots under the Crown Holder, and reprogrammed him to fight on their side!
Alrighty, good on your part, then! When do you estimate your sheet will be done?

Also, last thing- will you be a silent protagonist, like Quote? That would be cool to work with. Body language over speech.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it may take me a bit. I need to draw out my character first so i can add it to the character sheet. And I'll consider either. I'm trying to not rip off of Quote too much

DocPercival said:
Well, it may take me a bit. I need to draw out my character first so i can add it to the character sheet. And I'll consider either. I'm trying to not rip off of Quote too much
It's not ripping off if you're just quiet, don't worry! But it's fine if you would like to talk- I'd prefer to as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back