[Castles Made of Sand] Castles Made of Sand Discussion

First! Damn!

Second! Damn, damn!

Sod it, third!

Captain Hesperus

P.S. re-post character sheets in the 'Heroes Among Men' sub-forum?

Just to keep everyone in the loop: My wife and I are in the process of having our baby. I'll not be posting for at least tonight, maybe tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. I'll be back as soon as I can. Wish us luck!

Well, done reading over the core rules and power combat. Shall get Sage up ASAP.

Awesome. Look forward to it. With the characters almost all up, we just need a starting point.

I plan on basing this completely on why the group is together, what their goals are as a group, and where you guys decide they are right now. Once we have those three things, we'll start right away.

Really looking forward to this. Nice work so far.

I beleive we should base this on one of the Time of Tumult scenarios - the Seal has been broken and the invasion of Creation is beginning to get underway, it makes the most sense as to why such a motley crew is walking around Creation.

Despite this being Exalted, it doesn't have to be that epic, if you don't want. It could be as simple as the two Sidereals knew each other already, then went to find the Solar who's Fate was [insert description here]. They found the Solar had bumped in to an Alchemical.

With your approval:

Some or all of you already know each other. But, one way or another, you've all be called to a teahouse in Gem for a meeting with someone calling himself "Gijen". Our story will pick up with all the characters arriving at the teahouse and being gathered into a room for the "meeting".

Tetsuo: "If it please you, Mistress Rinaka, this one has heard tell of a teahouse in the city's mercantile district that is mixed with light concentrations of firedust. This one is told this concoction is most often drunk by visitors to the city to assist them in overcoming the extremes of the climate. This one has noticed that during the journey to Gem, his mistress was not comfortable. This one would ask leave to go forth and procure some of the tea to relieve his mistress of her discomfort."

Captain Hesperus

I'm just waiting for one of the Sidereals (possibly Cardinal) to refer to Diamond as 'Clang'...

Captain Hesperus

darn alert system didnt notify me that there was an IC post! grr. Does Diamond Tempest normally go around without her Integrated Artifiact Transmogrifier active (ie, not in full flesh-n-blood disguise mode but "Look Wyld Hunt, I'm an Anathema!")

MrSerious said:
Why would I do that?
http://agents.patternspider.net/classic/archive/aoy0010.html

Also, damn me for a fool, I have no idea of Alchemical Charms. I shall have to adjust pretty much all of my first post. Poop. Okay, edit done, I don't think anyone noticed...

Also, I assumed that since you'd gone through all the trouble of generating him, your character is wearing his Resplendent Destiny. I also assumed he would be a Destiny under the Quiver, the picture doesn't appear to be a Mast or Spear type.

Captain Hesperus

Will have to look at that College again and check I did want Bao Nu Shi as an 'old warrior' type. I intend on writing a description out in my character thread. I'm not 100% certain but I believe Sidereals would recognize each other even when wearing Destinies?

In that case, he's a Spear destiny then. And yes, Sidereals see each other without their Destinies so they have to read each others' trappings to try and intuit what destiny they might be wearing and react accordingly. Also, Mei's character has yet to be approved (though with Wlf's recent familiar addition, that can be easily understood).

Captain Hesperus

Diamond does indeed attempt to keep IAT active. At least when in cities. She's still a little put out that the first city she went to reacted so poorly.

Took me a minute to find in the book that other Sidereals do see through Resplendent Destinies. I knew they could, but wanted to see if I could find it. The more I read through these books, the more I miss 1E. This game is going to be awesome.

Thanks guys. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back