• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Castle on the Hill -- 90s / Modern Time Skip

Slade

soul mates are overrated anyway
crCx4dX.gif

RP Proper -- Part One

Cast: Bryce Parsons ( Slade Slade ) / Amy Hart ( animeloulou animeloulou ) / Juno Lee ( A Awakening AKIRA ) / Michael Allen ( Error 420 Error 420 ) / Luke Moore ( mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties ) / Pending

Posting order? There is none. Just be mindful of when someone in your posting group might be starting to fall behind. Also, don't forget to tag the others in your posting group in your reply.

June 13, 1993 (Sunday)
This is it, ladies and gentlemen! The highlight of the summer, for sure. Even Dunswell seems willing to cooperate -- we haven’t had anything but sunshine and lost tourists the past week, and today doesn’t seem any different!

Our resident ma and pa1 , Bryce Parsons and Mike Espinosa, finally graduated yesterday. Mike’s not off to U-Dub until September, but in the fashion of a true asshole, Bryce is bolting off first thing tomorrow. Better make today count, then.

1 When The Shelbys aren’t around, anyway, which is more often than not lately.

Amy, Juno, and Twitch
You are in charge of getting “the fun stuff:” Booze, weed, munchies, and everything in between1. The group has pooled together $65 for you to spend.

You’ve already been to the General Store, which is typically a haven for bored, underaged kids looking to have some fun. Unfortunately for you, the lax cashier who never checks ID’s is not on her shift today. You will either need to find a way to bribe the new guy -- who doesn’t seem very bribeable -- or find another way to acquire alcohol.

Twitch, your dealer is nowhere to be found. After some asking around, you find out that he’s at an exclusive house party in Avondale Estates. Having neither booze nor weed for show, you decide that your best option is to crash the party, and steal from the rich kids’ supply. A case for the modern-day Robin Hood, if you will.

Twitch has never been inside Avondale, so he decides to consult Juno about his plan. The latter has spent enough of his early life there to know the neighbourhood layout, and the best ways to get around/bribe/etc. the guards posted at the gates.

Amy has actually managed to score an invite from one the school’s cheerleaders. Tiffany Banks used to make fun of Amy back in middle school, but she claims to have changed since, saying that the invitation is a peace offering. Unfortunately, her invitation only applies to her -- and seeing as Tiffany’s “peace offering” sounds eerily like the start to the prom scene in Carrie -- it’s probably not the best idea to let her go at it alone.

The three of you are currently inside Luke’s Arcade, discussing how to go about things.

1A note from Mike and Bryce: Refrain from consuming the goods before the party. We’re onto you.

Luke, MC, and Bryce
By request of Mike himself, the younger kids are to keep away from any and all illicit activities today (as much as they can, anyway). Luke and MC are currently in the downstairs kitchen, preparing the things to be barbecued later tonight.

As The Shelbys are away once again, a different social worker typically comes during early evening to check on everyone. Note that The Castle is deemed a structural hazard and thusly off-limits to everyone. As such, the social worker probably wouldn’t be very keen on the idea of the kids having a sleepover there tonight.

Not to worry about it, though; Bryce promised to take care of it. In fact, he is currently upstairs, on the phone with The Shelbys, lying through his teeth about what the gang is up to today.

Unfortunately for the two of you, the social worker decides to visit early. You hear the familiar chime of the doorbell, but Bryce currently can’t come to the door.

It is time to act: One of you has to get the door, while the other one has to hide the sleeping bags/other party stuff currently lying in the living room.

Helpful Links: Interest Check / Sign-Ups / Lore / OOC / IC

Last edited:
Tagging: animeloulou animeloulou Error 420 Error 420
OOC: *quietly mourns inability to include DDR at all possible opportunities*

***​

'I'm just saying,' Juno said, rocking back onto his heels, elbows propped up on the prize ticket counter. 'How do you know? Like, have you done a DNA test and everything?' He was mid-dramatic-rock when Luke, the arcade owner, unceremoniously shoved his elbows clean off of the shined plastic surface, sending him stumbling back into a long outdated console for 'Star Wars'.
'We are not having this debate again,' an on-the-brink-of-kicking-him-out Luke said with a tight grimace. 'Are you lot just here to loiter as usual, or will you actually pay for something this time?'
'Hey, I'm not getting lectured on morality by a dude married to his sister,' Juno shot back, ruffled from the fall.

Just to shut him up though, whilst giving Luke the one fingered salute, he slotted in what little change he had left over from buying soda and shit at the General Store. 'Amy, Twitch, asses over here,' he called over to the other two. Yeah, they were supposed to be solving shit, but that didn't mean he couldn't subtly piss Luke off by reminding him that he was sleeping with his sister. True, the plot of the arcade game was less Luke and Leia's epic failed-romance, more shoot the things, but a shit-eating grin was enough to give Luke the message.

As the game booted up, he leaned against the controls and looked over at the other two. Without watching the game screen, he went through selecting the options whilst running his mouth. 'I'm definitely team steal from Av fucks. Assholes haven't talked to me once since I got dumped in with you lot. And I mean dumped in the luckiest sense, of course.'

Sliding his hoodie off, he looked at them expectantly. 'Well? Are we going to see what evil Tiff has planned for lovely Amy? Cause I'm intrigued. That chick is psycho.' Fifteen, he liked to think the hair shake-flip thing he'd worked out to a T was super cool, if not quite as impressive as Mike's, aka The Hair's. But then, beating a guy literally known as The Hair was a standard for overachieving fucks. That and Mike wasn't here. No chance he'd be acting out quite so much if he was... but this was just Twitch and Amy, the Shaggy and Daphne to his... (fuck no he was not being Fred) so it was thrusters set to full on Shit Mode for now.

Besides, if there was ever a need for Shit Mode, it was today. Bryce, the bastard, was leaving in the morning. Not that Juno cared but... Well, he hadn't figured out what else to call the weird aching sensation in his gut and chest yet, but when he did, he'd make sure to shove it in the wanker's face to let him know it definitely wasn't caring. And then Mike would be abandoning them so soon after. And he really, really didn't know how he was going to survive that.​

Last edited:
"You don't have to be a dick to Luke. You might not have a reputation around here, but I've got business prospects. A public appearance to keep." Twitch clears his throat, taking his hood down as well, fixing his hair. "As for miss Banks, I think this smells to high heaven, but I think it's our way in." A thousand connections latch to one another throughout his head, forming solution after solution. He referred to his regular plan-making apparatus, Hanna Barbara cartoons.

Okay, can't send in Daphne (Amy, in his mind) on her own, it's just going to be another trap. Shaggy (Juno) over here? No, still not good, he'd just fumble it up. Think like a Fred, think like a Fred. What would Fred do?... Set a trap!

"I have an idea, but it might be a little... amoral. And illegal. But possibly effective. Amy, you got anything?"

A Awakening AKIRA animeloulou animeloulou

Amy readjusted her backwards cap as she watched Juno masterfully show off his agility and grace with the DDR machine. God, that guy could move... Facing both him and Twich, she began to explain her thought process.

"Look, if all of us crash the place like some vigilante group, it's going to be super obvious. Wouldn't it be easier if I do it alone? After all, I can play her at her own game, being all bitchy and shit, wait until I'm free and alone, nab some of the stuff and leg it out of there?"

She tilted her head a little as she sighed. Deep down, a part of her knew that the likely option of it being a trap were totally true, and that Tiffany was still a bitch that made her life hell when she was younger,. However, the other part of her kinda wanted the opportunity to play the part of the pretty, popular girl for a day, if only just to fuck Tiffany over.

"I'm not a little kid anymore guys. I can handle a spoiled brat."

A Awakening AKIRA Error 420 Error 420

OOC: this harassment hurts my Mark Hamill loving soul.

Mashing the keys, still without watching the screen (coming to harass Mark Hamill in denial was an important source of joy in his falling apart life, okay), Juno grinned at Twitch's high talk. 'Yeah, and what prospects would that be? Cause if we're talking weed, shit lot of good that's done us so far.' Still, looking at the guy, you could tell his mind was doing its super-genius thing where he no doubt devised something diabolical. Diabolical, and probably stolen from an episode of television.

'You know I'm always down with amoral shit. But Amy, you going alone? I mean, Tiff's nails are long. The scratched-out eyes look would suit you not. Besides, I don't wanna hide in the bushes. I've got people to make feel awkward and embarrassed for being shallow dickheads.' It didn't once occur to him that Amy might want to get a chance at playing this thing right, that she might like the idea of befriending the Avs. Since going into foster care, he'd taken on a 'down with the capitalists' set in stone mindset. Half of this was to avoid feeling so out of place amongst those people he'd once looked down on, the other, so he didn't have to feel so fucking bummed out about going from Av to Av-not.

Mind drifting, he swore at the 'Game Over' sound effect blaring at him and leant back against the machine, eyeing Twitch. 'Alright Twitchy. Evil genius plan, go.'

"My friends, today is where you get a lesson in politics. If at first you don't succeed, retort, distort, and extort again. Specifically, the extort part. We go up to Tiffany, get her alone, and blackmail her. And if we don't have any dirt on her, we'll just have to... be creative." More plans flooded Twitch's mind.

"All we need is a camera. Do you think we could borrow Mike's old polaroid?"

animeloulou animeloulou A Awakening AKIRA Slade Slade

Last edited:
Kaitlyn Murray
Social Worker | Info
St. Isidore's Foster Home

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

It was impossible not to feel bad for The Shelbys, of course, but one of the (many) reasons Kaitlyn went back home was to escape the dreary 9-to-5. Looking after these kids were starting to feel like a dreary 9-to-5.

She was getting used to it, too. Trudged her way outside of the house, and somehow still managed to get to the bus stop on time. The doors opened, revealing a disgruntled bald man behind the wheel.

“Got held up. Some idiot kids fucking around down south. Hopefully, they’re gone when we come to.” He shook his head, sighing, as if he’d seen enough for today. Meanwhile, Kaitlyn’s day was only just beginning.

The mini-bus was near empty, to her silent delight. Kaitlyn chose the nearest free window seat, leaning her head against the glass panel as she listened to the engine’s low, constant humming. She watched the scenery as the tourists on Husky Beach grew smaller and smaller; watched the world outside as they were bound south, as they approached the town’s sad excuse for a motel, as the bus turned left, dancing along the boundaries of The Clearing. Somewhere along the way, her gaze met that of a lone, dark-haired teenager along the side of the road. The latter’s immediate response -- turning -- only confirmed her suspicion that they did know each other.

Kaitlyn slouched back in her seat once more. She didn’t care, she told herself. As long as the pantry wasn’t empty, and all the kids were home by curfew, she got paid. As long as she got paid, her parents wouldn’t look at her like she was such a disappointment.

Less than an hour later, and she was already in Christwood, being dropped off by the bus, and left alone to the merciful shade of the evergreen trees. The fifteen minute-walk to the mansion was treacherous -- the church and the graveyard brought nothing but memories of boring Sunday sermons and empty funerals -- and so with enough effort, she’d made it to her destination in less than ten minutes’ time.

Kaitlyn banged on the door knocker -- some demonic-looking, hand-shaped thing that was no doubt custom-built for that Cavendish creep. When no one answered, she resorted to pressing the doorbell in rapid succession.

“Bryce? Amy? Is anyone there?” She called out, frustrated. Her patience wearing thin, Kaitlyn finally fumbled for the bundle of keys in her handbag, trying each one until the right one finally fit. She opened the door, and in her eagerness to step inside, didn’t notice that someone was on the other side.

Kaitlyn collided into the young man, nursing her nose after the impact. “What the hell? I’ve been at the door for literally ten minutes.” She could hear some scuffling in the living room, and just like that, something clicked. Her eyes narrowed, glaring at the young man she vaguely knew as Luke. Quiet, this one, but she’d seen him wandering around the city centre during school hours before, and in the company of trailer trash no less. “What are you up to? Where are the others?”

Last edited:
Luke & Leah Knox
Family, but not in that way | Info
Luke’s Arcade
animeloulou animeloulou A Awakening AKIRA Error 420 Error 420

Luke had been in this business long enough that he'd trained his brain to block out all the kids’ garbled nonsense. Unfortunately for the Isidore kids, he'd also trained his brain to ring alarm bells when certain words were spoken: Weed was definitely one of them. Steal, extort, evil, Tiffany Banks -- all in the same category, and Luke’s brain was currently going ding! Ding! Ding! Part of him was tempted to see it all play out. Yet another reminded him he was an adult now.

“Kids, kids.” He tried to sneak up behind them, half-hoping to surprise them with his arrival, let them know that he was always watching, like Big Brother. Luke clasped a hand at Twitch’s shoulder. “I don’t know what you’re up to, and I don’t want to know ... but if Sheriff Novak comes in here later tonight, saying my arcade was a meeting place of evil teen conspiracy, I’m going to be very disappointed.”

Luke sent the boys a pointed look, convinced that the pair was brainwashing Amy into coming to the dark side. Just as he opened his mouth to start his sermon, however, the front door flew open. His wife’s troubled face greeted him. Luke raised a hand, gesturing for her to hold on a moment.

“Whatever you guys are up to: Not here, okay? I have other things to worry about.” He spoke in hushed tones as he patted Juno’s back. Luke turned around, heading over to Leah, but just before he was out of earshot, he added, “Like how I have a Kodak that hasn’t seen use in five years.”

Leah was leaning against the counter, brows knit with worry.

“The world isn’t ending today, is it? I thought that was next Tuesday.” Luke mirrored her posture, standing right beside her. “What’s wrong?”

“Remember how I promised the Parks I’d look after the bakery while they were on vacation?”

Sure.” Luke nodded his head, eyes narrowing and all, hoping it would help him look more convincing.

“Well, Pierce isn’t in today.”

“Okay. And Izzy?”

“Also ‘called-in sick.’” She made air-quotes to emphasise her point.

“Erm ... Gary?”

“Nope.”

“What about that guy with the buckteeth?”

“That’s Pierce.” Leah groaned. “They’ve all gone to some grand house party thrown by some Avondale kids.”

Luke shrugged. “I mean, I can just go back-and-forth between the comic shop and the arcade. It’s not a big deal.”

“Well, no. The same kids up North just placed a big order for a few dozen cupcakes and donuts. I have them in stock, but there’s no one to deliver.” She sighed. “I can’t leave the shop, but I don’t want to let Gemma and Evan down. You know how they’ve been struggling lately.”

Luke fell quiet for a moment, trying to consider their options. For a brief second, his gaze fell back to the trio by the Star Wars machine. He bit his lip, hesitating. “Why don’t you go back to Wheaty for the time being? I think I might be able to come up with a compromise.”

In the time he was gone, Luke wasn't sure whether the kids were eavesdropping, or if they had simply gone back to their wicked plotting, so he decided to head back over to where they were to make sure. “Have I ever told you kids what I did back when I was your age?” Luke was never going to wait for an answer. “That's right. I delivered pizzas. Earned a killing, too, which is how I got myself a sweet, sweet arcade in the first place.”

"Luke, you're a wonderful businessman. Allow me to speak with my comrades."

Twitch beckoned Amy and Juno to huddle up behind the Star Wars machine, placing a hand on both of their shoulders, knowing full well how much Juno would disagree with it. "This guy here's giving us the means to get us there and a camera for making havoc in case that falls through." Twitch let out one of his signature twitches, his head suddenly jumping back. "We go in with cookies, get invited to stay, and we take what we need and dip." He punctuated this declaration with a snap of his fingers. "Amy, you have an invitation, so you can just go in and scout out the place while Juno and I 'get to work'. Juno, you have a history with the Av's, so while you and I get in with the goods, you ask to stick around, reminisce. With the camera, we..." Twitch gazed off into the distance, longing for a completion for his thought. "I forgot what the camera was for. But it's something good."

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties A Awakening AKIRA Slade Slade

As Amy listened intently to Twitch's master plan (seriously, that dude was going to take over the world someday), she began to feel a mixture of excitement and worry bubble up within her. Even though she had grown up with these assholes for most of her life, their natural tendency to be rebels (or at least the Scooby Doo version of rebels) had never really rubbed off on her. She was definitely the most innocent of the gang, that was for sure. However, any chance to get some payback on bitchy Tiffany was worth the inevitable social anxiety.

"Got it. I'll do a bit of good ol' schmoozing, scout the place and keep everyone occupied. Plus, if I do have the luck of coming face-to-face with Tiffany herself, I'll be sure to dunk a drink on her before we go. Maybe that's what the camera's for?"

OOC: oh Luke, poor, poor, foolish Luke

Sometimes, even if he was an incestuous grumpy old hack, Juno wanted to hug Luke. So beautiful and unwitting, given them the perfect means to cause chaos. The sensation of gleeful anticipation swelled in the pit of his stomach, rendering him grinning at the pair of them. 'Sounds like we have ourselves a plan, gang.' They really were turning into the Mystery Gang incarnate. 'Just don't let Tiff get all murder party on you before we arrive with baked goods, okay? If shit's going down, I wanna be there to watch.' Glancing over at Leah, he nodded to Twitch. 'Ready to go be charming employees of the month?'

Luke & Leah Knox
Family, but not in that way | Info
Luke’s Arcade

He was starting to regret this.

Sometimes Luke forgot that behind that innocent-looking blond mask, Twitch was kind of a supervillain in the making. While he had let the kids talk among themselves, he made his way to the backroom, tip-toeing around the piles upon piles of confiscated items from mischievous teenagers. There, somewhere near the back corner, hiding underneath pipes and cigarette lighters, sat a dusty box -- brand-new camera and film and all.

Sure enough, as he returned, he found the kids looking like they’d just been injected with a burst of life.

Again, starting to regret this.

Luke held the box over to Twitch, but at the last second, snapped his arm back. “Okay, if we’re doing this you have to repeat after me: I will not commit arson, murder, or any kind of violence towards small defenceless creatures. Or any sort of creature, in fact, including but not limited to Tiffany Banks. And yes, unfortunately for you three, I was born with ears.” He remained silent, a sombre look pressed upon his face, as if he was actually waiting for them to say the words out loud.

Promise?
Cross your heart?
5341859570_0c2bcdfb54_b.jpg

“Fine, fine.” Fighting the last bit of hesitation, Luke finally decided to hand the box to Amy.

“Here you go, Velma,” he said, giving Juno and Twitch the side-eye. “Try to keep Scooby and Scrappy here out of trouble for me while you're at it.”

Unfortunately, Luke himself only had so much time to spare. Some kid with a bowl cut was currently shaking the claw machine, screaming about how it was rigged. His equally scrawny beside him kept cheering him on. Luke sighed, leaving the kids with his parting words: “Keep it. Give it to Mike when you see him. It was always going to be his graduation gift. Kid gets endearingly geeky over the vintage stuff.”

For Convenience
img.jpg

As Luke leaves you alone, you decide to head to the bakery. “Not Wheaty Enough” is also just along the boardwalk, not even a block away.

Since it’s summer, the Fisherman’s Wharf is just a little bit crowded. It’s late afternoon, but the sun is shining bright as ever. Swarms of sunburnt tourists decide to take refuge among the many (few) shops that Dunswell has to offer.

Unfortunately for you, it seems like the bakery is one of them. Something about the scent of freshly-baked buns and the sight of concentrated sugar entices Dunswell's visitors -- and for once, you might be inclined to agree.

Coming inside, you see the stressed-out Leah, running from one end of the pastry case to the other, a pair of tongs in hand. Since the masses have come a-crawling, she fails to notice any of you enter the room. Luke appears to have forgotten to call her about this in advance.

Dammit, Luke.

You are left with two options: Take a number from the dispenser and wait patiently, or find some way of getting her attention.

Amy felt strangely proud that Luke that chosen her to take care of the camera, but really? Velma though? In her own head, she kinda imagined herself as a Daphne. After all, she was the one who ended up with a guy at the end of it all. Granted it was Fred, instead of a Prince Charming... Shoot, she was getting sidetracked. "Will do. Thanks Luke~!"

She loved the summer. It always made her feel positive and as if she could take on the world. As the trio made their way down the boardwalk, she soaked in as much sun as she could - as if the rays could be converted into badassery later on. As they entered “Not Wheaty Enough” though, her good mood quickly dissipated. Biting her lip in thought, she eyed up Leah, who was looking as if she would beat the next person who pissed her off with her tongs.

"Well, someone clearly didn't get the memo... Any ideas guys?"

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties A Awakening AKIRA Slade Slade Error 420 Error 420

Twitch walked in, turned to his comrades, and simply spoke "No probs."

Twitch opened the counter and walked behind it, as he had done several times as a youth, helping out Leah in the kitchen, but mostly sneaking out cookies and being an annoyance. Leah was the only adult who Twitch felt understood him, even if he did get on her nerves. "How ya doing, ma'am? Luke sent us to pick up a package for some kids in Avondale?"

Leah Knox
Arcade/Comic Shop Owner | Info
Not Wheaty Enough

Shit, shit, shit.

Who ever thought it was a good idea to have so many kinds of pastry? Croissants, Danish, Dutch, Argentine … better just as bring a world map here at this point. Whatever happened to ordering pizza and being done with it?

Leah was so busy apologising about a mix-up that she’d almost missed Twitch walking in just like that. “Goodness, Michael!” She seemed more relieved than annoyed, and although she had no idea what Luke had been up to, Leah had already written off the kids’ presence as a blessing of sorts.

As a matter of fact, she’d beckoned Amy and Juno to join the two of them. “You guys are godsent! Come here, come here.” She beamed, and then her mind finally registered what Twitch was saying. “Oh, what were you saying about a package? Did Luke rope you into this?” Truly, she wasn’t even mad.

From the other side of the counter, a man in a Hawaiian shirt and a pair of cargo shorts waved his ticket in the air. “Hello?! Miss? We’ve been at 68 for ages now.”

“Ah, shit -- shoot. You guys didn’t just hear me say shit, okay?” Leah regarded Juno and Amy with a pleading look, one that promised to make up for this with cool souvenirs the next time she and Luke went out-of-town. “Can either of you tell marble bread from the normal ones? Great! There’s labels and everything if you get lost, although I think Evan must have mixed up some of them. Do you mind taking over for me just a second? I’ll be back before you can say no!”

A mob of impatient and starving customers awaited both Juno and Amy, while Leah ushered Twitch into the back area.

DELIVERY_BOX.png
DELIVERY_BOX.png

She pointed to two red delivery bags. “One of them contains nuts or something. Don’t hand it to Westcott -- apparently she’s allergic? -- but to Leslie Novak. Actually, I think the slip says to avoid speaking to anyone besides Leslie.” Leah frowned as she tried to remember all the special orders in her head. Alas, there was far too many for anyone to either care or give a damn. “There’s a whole slip of instructions inside, but personally I’d just drop these off and get on with my day.”

“Oh, before I forget!” She opened a locker near her. “The guards won’t let you in unless you wear these.”

NOT_WHEATY_ENOUGH.png

Tagging: animeloulou animeloulou Error 420 Error 420 Slade Slade
OOC: those uniforms are H O T man seduction extraordinaire ahead.

Best charming smile possible on, Juno gave Leah a not so subtly flirtatious grin. 'Hey, Leah. Always happy to be your personal knights in shining armor.' It was a miracle he resisted making a reference to the infamous golden bikini, but lo and behold, sometimes, Juno was not a total asshole.

Or at least, it was a delight to play fair knight to someone as genuinely lovely as Leah, until customer service got involved. Looking over at Amy, Juno grinned. 'Do it for the chance to mess with Tiff,' he murmured under his breath, before turning that winning Juno smile on the poor, unsuspecting customers. True, he'd never had to work a day in his life - thank you, father dearest- but he did have the advantage of being groomed for a life of business, and not to mention that, but an award-winning smile that he knew far too much about.

Besides, if it could get them weed in the end? Weed that Mike had requested? He'd bite the bullet and play lackey to Twitch and Leah. Even if he did feel like he was playing second fiddle to the younger guy most of the time... but that was the downside to befriending you local (maybe evil) genius. 'My deepest apologies for the delay. We'll get that right to you,' he assured the flustered woman before him after she reeled off her order for the third time that day. She did the usual spiel about how this was unacceptable, to which he fired back agreement and the promise that they were working on things as they spoke. Wash, rinse, repeat, for the next five customers.

So much for 'back before you can say no'.

Amy gulped as she was thrust into the path of the angry customers. Signing up for an impromptu part-time job was definitely not part of the original plan, but this was what usually happened as part of the gang. You can never truly know what you're getting yourself into with these lot until the very moment that it happens. Hearing Juno's words of advice, she couldn't disguise the smirk that painted her features. Tiffany was so going to pay for all this.

"Yes, Sir, what can I do for you?"

The middle-aged man began to rattle off his selection, resulting in Amy's smirk fading. She focused on trying to remember all of the details as she sped through getting the order for him.

Last edited:
(I'll control some NPCs in the shop, just so Amy and Juno have something to interract with)

Old Man Stephen

"
Gat-dan fukin' kidz" Old Man Stephen muttered to himself, letting his contempt for humanity settle back in. He was seventy years of nothing but bone-chilling hate and blood-currdling rage, and he had no time for kids to ruin his order. He sauntered over to Juno, and shoved aside the single mother and her two kids. "The Usual." Before Juno had time to explain that he had no clue what 'the usual' was, Old Man Stephen sighed and sprake thusly: "A raisin bagel and a bear claw." He muttered something else, just loud enough for him to hear. "Stupid I'm uncultured."

A Awakening AKIRA Slade Slade animeloulou animeloulou

Last edited:
Amy had just dealt with yet another weary customer and was just about to move on to a mother and her two children. However, she was interrupted by a cranky elderly man shoving the family out of the way. She took a deep breath, resisting the urge to totally call him out on his bad manners in front of everyone. As much as she would like to, neither her or Juno owned 'Not Wheaty Enough', so it wasn't as if their words had any weight to them.

"Stupid I'm uncultured."

Amy had been reaching over to grab a piece of pastry when she heard it. For a moment she thought that maybe she misheard it - after all, the old man only muttered it - but she heard the hard 'r' sound at the end of the word. He really meant it. Bubbling up with anger, Amy rested her tongs on the counter, staring the man directly in the eye.

"I'm sorry Sir, but I think you should leave. I'm certain that this shop does not condone any racial slurs being thrown at staff - temporary or not."

Asshole.

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as Luke heard the knocking on the door, his heart seized and he dropped the kebab he had been holding, rushing over to peek out a window to check who it was, fear repeatedly throwing the one option could that ruin everything in his face. Sure enough, there was the social worker. He looked to his foster sibling, eyes wide. “It’s Kaitlyn.”

Almost instantaneously, the doorbell began ringing, and the pair was hurriedly discussing what they should do, and, once they had come to the only viable solution, who should do what. Luke looked up the stairs and willed Bryce to suddenly walk down and give the pair some kind of instruction.

Of course, he didn’t and soon enough, Luke found himself in front of the door. Maybe if no one answers, she’ll just go away, he reasoned. However, then she started calling names, and he realized he had to think of something he could say to distract her.

That was the moment he heard a key begin turning in the lock, and he rushed forward, whether to open it or slam it shut he wasn’t sure. And that was the moment he ran into Kaitlyn. His mind began to race as she spoke, and he was honestly barely paying attention to what was being said as he tried to think of some way to distract her.

An idea sprung forth through his panic, and he found himself leaning against the wall like some stereotypical cool guy. He ran a hand through his hair, looking up at her with his best smolder. “I’m sorry, I was trying to figure out how to greet a woman as lovely as yourself… come around here often?”

Slade Slade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back