• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Castle Haunting

Which Idea Should We Do?

• Idea 1?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Idea 2?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AshleyBergie

Country Girl
Alright so I was thinking about making a RP about a haunted Castle. I came up with two ideas for it.

Idea 1:

A group of friend decide to go break into a castle that they don't truly believe is haunted. Little did they know that once they made their way through the gates they were locked in. No way in and no way out. Warnings were placed all around the yard outside the gate but they didn't believe any of the rumors were true. So as they enter the castle the doors slam behind them. Its now up to them to be the first people out of the castle. Alive that is.

They will be spending a few nights and days in the castle. They can even get the nerve to hunt for other haunted houses and try to figure out the cause of it

Idea 2:

A group of close friends decide to buy a run down castle and remodel it. They had always worked on it in the day light so it wasn't very scary. There were rumors of the castle but what castles that are run down don't? They didn't believe until the night of Halloween. The night where spirts come to play. A night where the murdered family come for revenge on all who enter the castle. Through the years many have come to mess with the ghost but Halloween is the one night they gain power strong enough to kill.

We can have the haunting lead on longer for more then on night or through the whole month of October to the strongest day the ghost have power.

There will be romance in both ideas. relationships that have been happening for awhile or relationships that just start happening later in the RP. I will set up a poll and the one with the most interest will be made into a thread so stick around to see which one wins

Idea 1 sounds cool to me :) it reminds me about a story of Poenari - the castle where the real Dracula lived - that I've heard some time ago...

Lol well if more people like the idea we can get into a PM and talk more about the ideas and all that. Like maybe what use to be in the castle that makes it so dangerous and all that

Very true. Maybe we can do Dracula's soul and the souls he had killed haunting the castle. Some very angered to the point some characters can get wounded (We can do death if you guys really want to do so but it can be an option for anyone that joins if they want their character killed)

I remember that in the novel, Dracula even tells some stories... he says that the castle is old, and that people get nightmares when sleeping in other parts of it despite some rooms. There's a story of another castle, close to the place where I live, which might fit this quite well... a ghost story, of course.

I rather thought of Dracula being out of house, since... I don't have the heart to kill him :D he usually is my main char, and he is quite like me... I use him to cope with my own life in a way.

The thing with the souls of the people he killed sounds good :) the story I heard was this one: At Castle Wolfsburg, there once was a criminal with hairy handS to be executed (that could be the one that Dracula killed, since the real Dracula used to execute criminals), and a castle guard with furry boots. Some time after the execution, the castle guard had fallen asleep. When he woke up, he wasn't quite awake yet, I'd say - at least, he saw his furry boot and thought it was the hand of the criminal. Thus, he shot himself in the foot and died. Now, the two of them go around at night: The criminal causes nightmares to those who sleep in certain rooms, and the castle guard tries to keep him from doing so.

We all the characters will be in the Castle because otherwise the one person outside wouldn't be doing anything. To me the souls sound better. Victims that cant rest growing more and more aggressive.

I could invent another car... doesn't matter whether I have eight or nine :D

AshleyBergie said:
To me the souls sound better. Victims that cant rest growing more and more aggressive.
That sounds interesting :) maybe they could try to make the others aware of them by hauting them and giving them nightmares... I've heard that ghosts usually want to find peace, and they don't want to scare people. It just... happens that people get scared by the sudden appearance of the ghosts, or the sudden occuring of such events. A bit like "Ghost Whisperer", if you know that.

And maybe, Dracula could return at some point :) he might even help the others, depends on how much he likes them...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a good limit of characters would be 4 tops lol

and idk if id bring Dracula into the story. Depends how others feel on the idea

Why character limits? Shouldn't everyone have as many characters as he wants? I, for example, would need at least six for this one.

At the moment, I've got eight chars, five of which I play regularly. That means that I play them in every RP... It's Dracula, his two sons, his father and his best friend. They belong together... I can't jsut separate them. One doesn't work without the other.

It would be a group of friends. Plus it would be more easier for others that way there will be a more even amount of characters. If there wasn't gonna be romance I wouldn't care but because there is it would just be easier with limited characters

Well not so more in the book itself, since it was written with very little insight into Dracula's actual emotions or thoughts and made him seem more as this childlike sociopath (though he's not I had to do a long report on that anyway) but what if one of the friends who is in the castle, causes his soul to become restless because she reminds him so much of Mina, the female who got away from him.

@Leggomyeggo @AshleyBergie I'd be pretty uncomfortable with Dracula being a ghost... I want him to be the way he always is in my RPs. A vampire.

Btw, to me, the book version of Dracula rather seems like a fully-grown depressed sadist than 'just' a sociopath... he stays at his castle because he fears that people will avoid him. He goes to London in hope of people not avoiding him there (I kinda doubt that he really just goes there for blood). When Jonathan Harker escapes from his castle, he gets, like, really mad, like someone who fears of losing control over his life would. Plus, the real Dracula probably did have some traumatic experience...

@CountDracula He probably did, which was what my report was over. I sided in an argument we had in my class over how Dracula may not have been the villian everyone thought he was. This awful horrible creature, but in reality, he may just be confused. We have no real indepth explanation into his history. Where he came from, how he got this way, absolutely nothing and yet he is blamed so much for what he is but we don't even really know how he got to be that way in the first place. Its very possible that this fate was shoved and forced onto him, and he has anger over that, who wouldn't? In all I think he's an extremely misunderstood character. And I agree with you in that he shouldn't be a ghost but a vampire

Well considering the fact this rp idea was just meant to be a haunted Castle that has the souls able to harm humans was thr main focus for this idea

@Leggomyeggo Sounds like an interesting discussion :) wish we had these at scool :D

Bram Stoker does give a clue on whre Dracula came from. In the novel, it is stated that he tells about his ancestor - and his description of him perfectly fits Vlad the Impaler (whose history is known despite a few aspects of it) -, and Jonathan later says that he came to the conclusion that Dracula and his ancestor must be one and the same person, if I remember it correctly.

I think both the fictional and the real Dracula are misunderstood creatures...

@AshleyBergie I know, and we can still stick to that, even if Dracula stays a vampire... my usual version of Dracula is a Dracula that governs Romania, and he's on trips quite often anyway. That's why I got the idea that the group of friends might get into his castle while he's away.

Or we could use Poenari, the 'real' Castle Dracula. 'My' version of Dracula lives in a version of Castle Bran, which has been moved to Borgo Pass for the RPs, which means that he isn't at Poenari too often anyway... and Radu Florescu and Raymond T. McNally (two 'historians') say that Poenari is haunted...

No one would play Dracula then if he ends up in the RP as the castle owner or whatever. He would be like a ghost even if hes a vampire. Never seen or truly played but still heard from or something.

@CountDracula I think that it's sad how misunderstood he is, and of course we get some insight but its so minimal and we don't know if he was being truly honest with Jonathan. And I like the idea of it being haunted still, but what a better twist than having the real owner of the castle return home to find people there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back