Advice/Help Career Advice : A Thread To Help Us All Write Careers Realistically

rae2nerdy

left site
So I've seen a few of these thread before. Tutorial - Advice from a Nurse or Experiences - Ask A Counselor.

But I thought it would be fun to have a thread where folks can give advice on just occupations.

You want to roleplay a zookeeper or a army sergeant or a stay at home mom. Maybe there is someone on the site who can give you advice.

To make this organized ( I'm a librarian and I love me some organization ) I'm gonna break out the columns below. One for people asking for advice and once for people offering up their expertise.

Feel free to post either in the thread below.

Careers rae2nerdy rae2nerdy - librarian
sukaithemoonlord774 sukaithemoonlord774 - college student
Coward Coward - microbiologist

Advice Search rae2nerdy rae2nerdy - zoo keeper
sukaithemoonlord774 sukaithemoonlord774 - radio industry
Coward Coward - logistics jobs

Last edited:
Geeking Out
Career : Library Assistant
Experience : 13 years
Type Of Libraries : I've worked in a public library in the children's and reference departments. I did work study for a year at a university library but my memory is fuzzy.
Fun Fact About My Job Our main library branch is located in an old bank. So we have a great big vault in the back room complete with empty safety deposit boxes. We will open it upon request for patrons.

Sukai the Moonlord 774,
Career: College Student
Experience: 4 years
Type of College: Community
Fun Facts: The grading system is really corrupted, in my college...

Advice Search
sukaithemoonlord774 sukaithemoonlord774 - Working in the Radio Industry (as a part of my dream career)

Ooh, good idea!

Me:
Career : Microbiologist
Experience : 2 years in labs, student before that
Fun facts : you can force antibiotic resistance mutations in deadly bacteria in less than a day :)

Advice search : logistics type jobs. Preferably in militaries but anything would help.

AdrianS
Career : Clinical Mental Health Counselor, Case Manager
Experience: 2 (plus the 4 years undergrad, 3 years grad school)
Type Of Settings: A sex-offender treatment clinic, a csp (community service provider) working with a schizophrenia diagnosis
Fun Fact About My Job: There's so much more paperwork than you'd think, trust me. Counselors are different from social workers which are different from psychiatrists, so if you need any clarification on the differences or a lot of the day to day processes of this work, I'd be happy to help!

(Do i get my college certificate now?)

Arion

Career: Amateur Crime Researcher (Noncertified)/Military Hardware Researcher (Noncertified)

Type of Settings: The basement of my fuckin' house.

Fun Facts:

In the famous case involving the murderer Casey Anthony, she waited a month before telling her parents about the fact that her child died, then lied to the police, saying: "Zanny the nanny had kidnapped her child.". In reality the three year old was dead, laying in a ditch behind her grandparents house.

I have no friends. I've also listened through many a true crime podcast, sadly i'm not certified, however i do know how to make a great Beef Ball Pho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back