• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Capitalise This

Oli followed her up and gave a small smile "Been a long time since I've been around." He murmured sitting across from her desk as they got into the office. He sighed heavily once he knew the door was closed and shook his head a bit "Things aren't well Carmen...I clocked both authorities in your care which proves the rumors to be true." He said giving a heavy sigh "Word is, that they're planning a massive fall, we're talking hundreds at a time. This new guy they got in charge up there, from the word around he is very high and mighty. You step out of line even in the slightest and you're gone." He explained.

Callum frowned a bit as he watched Oli go up with Carmen "He's been a friend for years; plus he helps Carmen with info from up above and down below." He explained before giving a small laugh "They're very nosy things. You need a good backstory, plus food, thats always a topic with them. While they may let you slide on pop culture and music things, if you don't know food and drink they will catch on." He explained to him.

She frowned but nodded "One of them doesn't know why he was kicked out. We don't know if that's deliberate or not either.... The other hasn't even lost his wings yet and it's been months." She frowned. "If they're kicking a bunch out though that means that they're gonna be coming after as many that are already down here." She shook her head and sighed "How do I keep my family safe then?" She asked him, "I lost everyone once and I'm not going to let it happen again." She muttered, figuring she would be high on their list of those to come after. "I'm only too aware that they don't like me up there. That was made clear the first time round." She muttered

He shook his head and frowned "He's dangerous. And you can't be letting her trust him. We've all heard the stories. Loyal to no one." He muttered, still struggling to distinguish between what they were told to keep them in line and the truth. "I will take that book though to read up and learn." He told Callum,

Oli sighed heavily and gave a small shrug "You'll definitely be a target, the whole clan will be. My suggestion, though you'll hate it, demons. Pay 'em well and they'll help with protection. Plus any chance they get to cut some angels down they'll take it." He explained "Other than that...you guys better start preparing for a war."

Callum gave another laugh and shook his head "Oli doesn't align with anyone true, but he hates upstairs just as much as we do." He explained before putting the glass he was cleaning down "I'll bring it to your room after service tonight."

She sighed a little but nodded, "I'll talk to them on the weekend... I thought we'd finally found a place to be settled for good." She mumbled, standing and nodding towards the door, "Keep in touch, you might have declined my offer a long time ago but doesn't mean I don't worry about you." She smiled at him some, walking him out and looked to Callum, "Put in the group chat that there's gonna be a meeting tomorrow. Mandatory no exceptions." She told him, frowning at Joe a little, "Wipe that look from your face. I know how you feel about him but this isn't your deccision. You're not in charge down here." She pointed out, heading up to meet Noah in her apartment and sighed a little, going to get changed, "Sorry... He had worrying news." She told him quietly, seeing him laying across her couch and reading.

Joe nodded and frowned, "Can't believe she hasn't made Noah work yet. Favoritism at play?" He muttered. He knew how loyal they all were to her so he was only ever trying to shit stir for the fun of it. He headed up to get some rest in, not yet used to the whole getting tired thing, before the club would open, making his way down to cover the doors with Callum until they called through that he was needed in the bar, heading in and smiling when he saw MAx again

Noah looked up from his book when he heard her voice giving a small smile "Thats alright, what did he say?" He asked as he placed his book to the side "Whats wrong?" He asked seeing the worry and concern littering her face.

Max smiled wide when she saw Joe that evening "Hey there, how are you doing?" She asked him as she got a few drink orders ready "You working bar tonight?"

She frowned and shook her head "It's uh... It's not good but I'll tell you with the otherds tomorrow." She promised, pulling her shirt over her head and unclipped her bra to go get into a cosier top but paused when she felt him suddenly behind her and tracing the jagged scarrring down her back frowning some, "I uh... Mine didn't burn off the way the others do." She told him quietly, "Your kind used me as an example.... you really don't remember?" She asked, frowning as she saw the confusion on his face.

He smiled and nodded, "Giving that other guy the night off,... Again." He rolled his eyes "Honestly, you have a nice rest of your day?" He asked her but the club was opening up properly now and the music had turned up loud and he just managed to watch her every chance he got

Noah frowned a bit when he saw the scarring on her back, it wasn't that of a burn, but knife marks. He got up and went over to her gently tracing them "No I....I don't..." he stopped though when he traced them again flinching away this time and shutting his eyes tight. Another memory coming back to him. He heard her screams, the look of anguish and heart break on her face as they ripped the wings from her back, how he had to sit and watch it all happen.

Max gave a nod and grabbed her tray "I did, but we can talk later about it!" She said sweetly before she took off to start helping out the guests with what they needed.

She frowned and pulled her comfy top on, turning to face him and cupped his cheek. “Hey, hey, it’s okay, I’m okay.” She promised. “It was a very long time ago.” She told him, sighing a little.

He smiled a little, working well with her after all the time watching her rhythms and ways when she was his ward, wondering off the side if anyone else was watching her now.

Noah let a few tears fall "But it feels like it was just yesterday." He whispered before pulling her to him and kissing her lovingly, it had been the first time he had initiated that level of physical affection.

Nick clocked how much Joe was watching Max and gave a small laugh "Don't even think about it. Carmen likes her and will have anyone's head that tries." He told him before going towards the back.

He rolled his eyes a little and shook his head. "Wasn't thinking like that." He muttered to himself but cracked on with work until the end of the night and they were all closing stuff down, looking over at Max. "When's your next shift?" He asked her.

Carmen smiled into a little, kissing him back and holding onto him, "I love you... Always have." She murmured to him, kissing his cheek. "I'm going to bed if you want to join me... Not like that darling." She winked at him, gently pulling on his hand towards her bedroom. She hadn't reminded him that it was Joe who had handed them in to gain his own brownie points and she was hoping it would be a while before he remembered

Max went over to the bar as she finished up her shift and grabbed her things from Joe giving him a small smile "Thursday, I got the next two days off." She said sweetly before takimg her purse from him.

Noah stopped when she asked him to join her in bed but relaxed when she explained it was only sleeping. He'd never gone past kissing her, it was against everything to even be in love with her, but sex was something he couldn't bring himself to do. He remembered it being the reason for their split too, someone had said they'd had intercourse and it had been farther than the truth. They didn't care though, Carmen had been cast out, and he had been branded on his throat with the apple of Eden. He moved with her to lay in bed and gently wrapped his arms around her "I love you." He whispered to her.

She smiled a little and held onto him, resting her head against his shoulder. “I’m still not sure that I believe that you’re really here.” She told him quietly. “If it is a dream though I don’t wanna wake up.” She murmured. She’d spent hundreds of years wondering what had happened to him and whether he was even alive so to have him there now she felt relieved at the same time she was terrified.

He grinned at her and nodded. “I’ll see you then.” He waved as she left and turned to go up to his room, frowning when he started feeling a little weird until Callum stopped him at the stairs and handed him a plate of food. “Right…. Eating.l he muttered, shaking his head.

Noah gave a small smile and gently stroked her cheek "If I'm dreaming....I would very much like to stay asleep." He said softly staring at her like he would all those years ago when they would lay in the forest in comfortable silence. He was still worried though, worried that they would be hurt again, or worried that he'd find out everything he'd been told was actually true.

Callum rolled his eyes a bit and chuckled "You've got to get used to that or you'll die quickly." He said as he watched him "You had anymore luck talking with people?"

He shook his head. “Not with the loud music in here, this place is ridiculous. I get that the humans love it but it’s such a strange concept.” He muttered, nodding goodnight to him and headed up to his room.

Carmen fell asleep fairly quickly for the first time in a long time, holding onto him tightly.

Noah woke up at sunrise the next morning, something he had found hinself doing frequently these days. He stood by the window and smiled some when he felt Carmen's arms wrap around him "Sorry if I woke you." He said quietly.

Max woke up the next morning and sighed heavily as she turned over to find the spot beside her still empty. She lay there with her arm outstretched across it letting a few tears fall "Good morning babe..." she whispered to herself before taking a deep breath and getting up slowly.

-4 months-
Carmen woke up late into the morning to Noah shaking her a little and frowned. “What is it?” She grumbled. She’d had so many late nights and early mornings lately it was starting to wipe her out a little and she knew she’d been difficult to be around for everybody recently. She was only trying to get them prepared for the possible storm coming their way though.

Joe yawned a little as he got back in from a run, finally starting to settle into the life down here and get into a rhythm. He’d also been spending a lot of time with max, enjoying her company.

Noah gave a small smile to her and showed her to food he had gotten "I got you breakfast, Nick said you liked this place." He said quietly hoping that this might make her feel better. He knew how stressed she was and she wasn't having him be in it. He guessed it was because of his memory still being foggy, but he wanted to make sure she knew he was there for her as much as he could be.

Max sat at her apartment staring at her ring finger. She'd been crying since last night, today she was supposed to be getting ready to get married. Instead, she was sat alone with herself feeling an itch she hadn't felt in months start to creep up on her. She'd been doing so well the past few months, of course some days were worse than others, but she'd been trying her best to keep it together. Joe had certainly been a lot of help to her, having a friend there to speak with about it all really made her feel better.

Carmen smiled a little and sat up, tying her hair up and out of her face "Oh... Oh yeah this is good." She mumbled, reaching for the bag then pat the spot next to her "You went out by yourself to order food?" She asked him proudly. "I'm appreciating the short hair by the way, I don't think I told you that yet." She murmured "I'm sorry I've been so all over the place." She told him quietly, tired rambling.

Joe finished up his shower and pulled his phone out to text and ask if she would meet him for a coffee, wanting out of the club for right now with how tense everything had been lately. He still hadn't had a chance to talk to Noah properly yet and he was sure that was Carmen's doing by keeping them doing very separate jobs for the most part.

Noah nodded happily as he sat beside her "Yeah it was a bit odd, but the lady was very helpful." He explained before running a hand through his hair "You like it? I'm still adjusting to it." He murmured kissing her temple gently "Its okay, you have a lot of stuff on your plate. You know you can talk to me about it right?"

Max saw her phone light up and stared at it for a minute. She finally opened the text and told Joe she'd meet him in twenty minutes. When she got to the coffee shop she gave him a small wave still looking less than put together "Hey..." she said quietly

She frowned and looked up at him. “You have a lot on yours too.” She sighed a little “could you do me a favor by the way? Keep joe close. He’s been skulking and I don’t completely trust it. You know him well, see if you can find out what his plan is.”

He smiled and opened the door for her, getting their usuals and sat with her. “How you doing?” He asked her, passing her hee drink while he leaned back in the chair

Noah gave a small nod and frowned some "He still hasn't lost his wings right? You think he is working for them?" He asked her gently before sipping the drink he had gotten "Oh....oh this quite nice. They call it a frappachino, I like it." He told her giving a small laugh when she laughed at him "I'm guessing you know about these?"

Max sat down and frowned deeply "Like shit honestly." She said quietly before sipping her drink "I....I almost had a slip up. Nearly called my old dealer." She admitted to him.

She shrugged. “I don’t think so. From what I’ve heard through whispers is that he saved another mark from death. Makes it his third one.” She sighed a little. “But just keep an eye on him please? I’m worried he will put us in jeopardy but I won’t kick him out without proof.”

He frowned. “What happened?” He asked gently, “cause you said a couple days ago you were feeling better than ever?” He frowned concerned for her

Noah nodded and gave a small salute "You got it." He murmured before kissing her temple "Eat before it gets cold." He said softly giving a small smile to her.

Max nodded and took another sip of her drink "Today was supposed to be my wedding day...." she whispered before wiping at her eyes "I just....I knew it was coming up, but this morning I woke up and expected to hear his voice singing in the shower like I did most mornings. But when I woke up and didn't hear anything....I just lost it." She explained quietly

He frowned and chewed on his lip a little, fiddling with his hands as he tried to stop himself from saying anything but after she continued for a while it just slipped out. “It was never going to happen though max.” He told her gently as he could.

She nodded and munched down on the breakfast, getting him to try some of the French toast then got up to get ready for the day.

Max went on abiut what all had been planned for the day, really just venting about it all. She stopped talking when she heard what he said though and frowned looking at him confused "What are you talking about? What do you mean it never would have happened?"

Noah happily ate with her until she was ready to go for the day. "You want me to do anything today?" He asked as he wrapped his long arms around her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back