• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Capitalise This

He frowned and shook his head. “I don’t know darling, I don’t have those answers.” He told her, just trying to soothe her. “Let me get you something to eat, not gonna have you passing out on me with the amount of drama going on in this place already.” He told her quietly, guiding her back towards the kitchen.

She nodded slowly, swallowing back tears and just smoothed his hair from his face. “You should rest Noah, I’m going to ask someone to come look at you, this has gone beyond my expertise.” She told him quietly, frowning at how his temeperature was spiking again

Max stayed silent as she followed him to the kitchen area just waiting for Callum to bring whatever they had over.

Noah panted slightly and gave a small nod before he moved back into a laying position while she ran out to find someone else.

Carmen made her way through the kitchen to get to the emergency numbers taped to the wall, pulling her phone out and calling the guy they had for situations like this. “Scott, hi, hi I know it’s early but I need your help. I got two new ones and one of them… god it was the worst I’ve ever seen and he’s not getting better and I need… he’s someone who was very very important to me and I need help.” She told him, frowning and worried, realising she’d not heard a peep about joe yet.

Callum smiled at max a little while he sorted out a large selection breakfast for her so she could pick and choose, raising an eyebrow at Carmen rushing through but tensed a little, “hey Nick! Can you get in the kitchen real quick?!” He called to him frowning, waiting til he heard him walk through. “Go with carm… she’s panicking now.” He told him, sighing a little.

Nick rushed in when he heard his name being called and gave a small nod "You got it." He said before going to Carmen. "I'm with you today alright? What did Scott say?" He asked her quietly.

Max picked over the food and gave a small sigh as she ate quietly. She watched everyone intently before turning her attention back to Callum "Do you all need help with anything?"

Carmen sighed and nodded, going back to the office and crouched near him, "He's on his way but he's just not getting any better." She mumbled, using a fresh bowl of water to try and cool him down a little more, "He remembers though... He remembered me." She told him frowning a little

He shook his head "I wouldn't try and help her unless she asks for it right now... She's always so calm and collected for the rest of us... Forget she's got her own shit too." He smiled at Max a little. He'd spoken with Carmen a couple of times about letting Max in on everything to make things easier for everyone. They knew they could trust her but Carmen had been so insistent on making them wait until she was a little more stable first

Nick nodded some and gave a small sigh "Thats good that he remembered. I'm sure Scott will be able to help out." He said before picking up the dirty towels and going to take them to laundry "I'll be back with fresh ones."

Max gave a small nod and smiled back at him "Right, well if you guys need help waiting or the bar tonight I'll help. I can't just stay here and not help in some way." She said softly before standing up after she had finished eating "I think for now though...I'm going to lay down again."

She nodded slowly and watched Noah, just worrying. She barely noticed Catherine coming back in untikl she spoke and made her jump "How is Joeph doing?" She asked her quietly, not liking the sound of Noah's breathing at all right now, just rubbing his arm gently to try and soothe him, making sure he had water to drink for when he woke up next

Joe was up and wandering around when he saw her heading for her room, nodding to her with a frown. It was obvious enough that he had been too late and she had lost her partner anyway. He wanted to apologise but he'd alredy been warned against telling any of them what he was. He just wasn't sure that he could keep it in forever

Catherine came in with fresh towels and water for her "Here these are from Nick." She murmured before giving a small sigh and shrug "I dunno, he was really disoriented and out of it yesterday, but now he seems to be alright which is weird." She said sighing "How is he doing?"

Max noticed the guy in the hall and frowned softly. He looked very familiar and something felt familiar about him, but she couldn't put her finger on it. She gave a heavy sigh and got to her room falling onto the bed and trying to get some more sleep.

She shook her head and frowned. “He’s not getting better. I’ve got Scott coming down to try and help.” She told her, tending to him as best she could for now while she waited, just hoping he would be alright.

Joe sighed heavily and shook his head, making his way back down to talk to the others, still feeling hugely guilty over what happened but at the same time furious that they took it out on hee too. He couldn’t find it in himself to tell anyone what happened though or who his ward had been, not wanting to further ostracise himself.

It was another six months before Max was remotely feeling better about Will's death. She had left Carmen's after a few weeks and moved back to her apartment that she once shared with him. It had been difficult, but she had somehow maintained sobriety through it all, mostly because she knew it would have broken Will's heart to see her slip back. She'd found help though, not only in a sobriety group, but also a grief group with other's who had lost significant others. She was making herself a drink at the moment after one of the meetings and smiling softly when she noticed Joe in her meeting today "Hey, you live at Carmen's right?" She asked him gently. She'd seen him around all the time, but they'd never actually spoken.

Noah sat in his room reading a book quietly to himself that day just trying to relax. His recovery had been a very long and winding road but he was coming out of it now. His pain came around every once in a while, and his burns were all but healed now. However, his memory was still fuzzy and he got pieces back almost every day. He remembered Carmen though, knew that he had been in love with her and that she'd been cast out because of it. He looked up when he heard his door open and gave a small smile seeing Carmen come in "Hey, everything alright?"

She smiled softly at him and held up a small pot. “I got cream… shirt off.” She told him, “you feeling up for a walk around the neighbourhood yet?” She asked him. “There’s a really great bakery down the street that does the best pretzels.” She told him, walking over and lifting his chin, pecking his lips. She’d lived in a state of bliss once they had him on the road to recovery the last six months. All the hundreds of years she’d waited to see him again and now they could be together freely, she was lapping up every minute of it.

He looked up, his eyes wide like a deer and just nodded slowly, “I uh.. yeah. I work the doors now. And run hee errands.” He told her. “You were there for a time too…. Sorry to hear about your fiancé.” He told her. “The uh… Callum tells me about him from time to time, he sounds like he was a great guy.” He told her. He’d asked a few times about what the deal was and finally learnt that will had been a bartender there first and only left the position so max could be there with a job where will knew the others would look out for her.

Max gave a small smile and played with the ring that she still wore on her finger "Yeah....he was a great guy. Carmen took me in after to make sure I was safe; honestly she probably saved my life." She said giving a small laugh. "I've seen you here for a few weeks now, have uh, have you lost someone too?" She asked quietly smiling some at how flustered he was, it was pretty adorable.

Noah pecked her lips back and gave a small smile "I uh...yeah I think that would be nice." He murmured before pulling his shirt off. He was still a bit hesitant about going out to see the human world up close and personal. He had also been a little hesitant on being physical with Carmen, scared that they'd get hurt again like before.

She smiled at his blushing and shook her head. “It’s safe. Promise.” She murmured to him as she rubbed the cream into the areas that were still healing, making sure she was gentle, “we don’t have to be out long either.” She told him, “plus, it would be nice for you to meet the others. They’re good people. I won’t have them here if they’re not.”

He shook his head after a minute or so. “Not like you all have…. I had to leave them behind. It’s not the same but it’s still a loss.” He told her. It wasn’t entirely untrue. “Hey you uh, you wanna go get a coffee? Better than the instant stuff they got here and I’m all ears about anything f you wanna talk about.” He suggested a little hopeful

Noah nodded a bit and winced a bit as she put the cream on his burns "Okay, I'll meet everyone." He murmured before taking her hand gently in his for a minute when she got up "Let me get dressed in some better clothes, I know you said this look is not best." He said before standing up and stretching a bit.

Max gave him a small smile and nodded some. She was a bit shocked that he wanted to go spend time with her so quickly, but something was definitely drawing her to him. "Yeah that sounds nice, let me grab my things." She said before going to get her purse and soon they were walking to the nearest Starbucks.

She smiled and shook her head. “You look like you escaped an asylum... it's not a compliment." She told him, "Oh and I have a meeting later so I won't be down for dinner with the others." She told him, waiting til he was ready and she started heading out with him.

He nodded and walked with her, using all his willpower to not spill to her what actually happened. Carmen was already furioues with him and he didn't need more of her wrath to rain down on him. "So how long have you lived in the area?" He asked her curiously.

Noah held her hand tightly as they walked out in the world giving a small smile "This is nice.....its so loud, but yet quiet." He murmured as he looked around at everything "So what is your meeting about?"

Max smiled softly as she shrugged "Been here almost 7 years now. I met Will and we moved here." She murmured biting her lip for a moment "Where are you from originally?"

She smiled at him a little and just watched how he took it all in. “Things have changed a lot in the thousand years since we used to come for clandestine meetings, except… our tree is still there if you can believe it.” She told him. “I visit once a year. I’ve always been worried that I would forget why I was kicked out.” She sighed quietly.

He nodded and listened “Oh, very very far away from here. You uh, won’t have heard of it.” He chuckled nervously, making a mental note to practice some answers for questions like that. “Do you know what you’re going to do now? still work for the boss lady?” He asked her, holding the door open

Noah gave a small frown and sighed heavily "I don't....I still don't remember." He said softly as he continued to take it in "I don't want to talk about it now though." He murmured giving another smile to her "So, what is your favorite human food huh?"

Max shrugged a bit and went inside with him "Not sure yet, I'll work with Carmen as long as she'll have me. My goal for right now is just to stay clean." She explained not really knowing why she was just unloading to him, but she felt safe around him and familiar.

She nodded and gave his hand a squeeze "I'm not asking you to darling." She promised, taking him to get a pretzel, "I can't wait to show you pizza." She told him smiling "And the cocktails? Incredible." She smiled, getting their food then began the walk back with him, diverting through a park though.

He nodded and smiled "That's a good enough goal." He told her, getting in line and looking up at all the different drink options, looking a little confused.

Noah smiled as she talked to him about everything, he just enjoyed hearing her voice again. He held his food as they walked still not taken a bite of it yet a bit on the febce about it. He gave a small smile as they started going through the park but stopped when they were in the center of it "This place feels familiar." He said quietly as he stared up at the giant trees surrounding them.

Max giggled to herself when she saw the confused look on his face. She guessed he didn't order coffee much "Do you like your coffee bitter or sweet? Hot or cold?" She asked him quietly as she stood closer to him.

She frowned a little and turned to see him stood still. “We never came here. Maybe they sent you on a job here.” She murmured, stepping over and taking his hand. “Your food is getting cold.” She told him quietly, standing on her tiptoes to kiss his cheek. “Let’s get back. It’s going to rain here soon.” She told him yawning a little

He frowned a little looking at hee. “I’ll just have whatever you get.” He smiled a little, starting to realise that Callum had been right when he said he needed to learn more before interacting with humans.

Noah nodded some and frowned a bit unable to shake this familiar feeling "Right, lets go." He murmured before finally taking a bite of the food. He went a bit wide eyed and looked to Carmen in a bit of shock "Oh wow, this is very good." He said happily as he started to walk with her again.

Max smiled happily and ordered their drinks, going to sit with him once they had them. She gave another small laugh when he made a small face as he tasted the frappachino "Not for you huh? Well thats alright." She said softly "So, where are you from? You said far from here but like how far? I'm guessing UK by your accent."

She smiled and nodded, “I told you. Wait til you try the cheesy ones.” She said, walking back to the club with him and heading inside. “I was wondering if you’d stay in my apartment with me tonigjt… only if you’re comfortable.” She told him, understanding why he was being hesitant but also feeling like she was going to implode if she had to wait much longer.

He chuckled a little and shrugged. “Something like that. You working tonight?” He asked her, changing the subject and looked at his phone. “Oh dear…. I uh, im so sorry, I’ve just had an urgent message from Callum. They want me back now…. Listen if you’re working tonight I’ll catch you then.” He told her and smiled a little, leaving the coffee there with her if she wanted a second one and quickly headed out and back to the club

Noah bit his lip as he thought about it before giving a small nod "Okay, I will stay with you." He murmured smiling when he saw her face light up. He was scared to get cozy with her though, worried that they'd cast him further down and into hell rather than let him stay in the human realm.

Max gave a nod and smiled some "I'll see you later Joe, tell Callum I said hello." She told him sweetly before letting him run off.

She smiled and nodded when he agreed, opening the door once they got back and stepped inside, walking through the main club area and tensed a little. “Why don’t you head on up, grab whatever bits you think you’ll need for tonight and take it up to my apartment?” She suggested, handing him her door key when she’d spotted her meeting standing by the bar. “I’ll be up in a little bit.” She told him, walking over and sighing a little. “Well, if you’re here in person it can’t be good news that you have clearly.” She said to Oli, gesturing for him to follow her to her office.

Joe was walking in right as he saw Carmen walking off with a face he recognised all too well, looking to Callum who was washing glasses. “What the fuck is he doing here? What business could he possibly have?” He questioned, finally starting to worry about what kind of establishment she was running. “Also you were right. I need lessons before I interact with humans.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back