• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Can't make threads in most forums

Archie

Not even my final form
Supporter
C3CN4Wn.png

Outside intro and my secret workshop I can't make thread titles. Is it cause I'm too new or don't have enough posts? I can move threads from workshop into public forums (like I did with this one) but I'm afraid this might mean I can't make four tab RPs. If I can't make a title I get an error that says I need one, but there's no place to put the titles unlike the box that pops up in my workshop when I make a thread.

Really sorry if this has already been answered a billion times. I couldn't find FAQ since I deleted the link of that from my prefs and I tried googling the problem with site:rpnation.com before realizing people who can't make threads in the help forum probably won't make a thread with a title about not being able to make threads lol

Anyway, thanks a lot!

Musician said:
What device are you currently using?
Windows 8.1 laptop, I tried enabling flash too since it's disabled, and the same happens. Thanks for quick reply

I am not entirely sure what would be causing this issue, but here is my theory.

I see a very similar page as my browser is loading the site. This will sound stupid, but have you tried doing a hard refresh on the pages that won't allow you to enter titles?

Musician said:
I am not entirely sure what would be causing this issue, but here is my theory.
I see a very similar page as my browser is loading the site. This will sound stupid, but have you tried doing a hard refresh on the pages that won't allow you to enter titles?
Yep I even changed my proxy (I'm in China right now so to use all features of google and other sites we need proxies. But I don't think that's a problem since all other sites got solved with a VPN/proxy, and I can post titles in introductions and my private space)

I think it's permissions, but I've seen members with lower post counts be able to make threads. Maybe they didn't set right after my 10?

No, it not permissions. When a user joins the site, the main features they are restricted from are sending private messages and setting signatures. It would be silly to take away a feature, especially something as small as making a title. Why would someone let you view a creation page, but not set a title? There are no other post count restrictions on this site.

Has this problem only happened while you're in China?

Ignore that last question. I'm still doing some thinking. How long has this issue been occurring for you?

Musician said:
No, it not permissions. When a user joins the site, the main features they are restricted from are sending private messages and setting signatures. It would be silly to take away a feature, especially something as small as making a title. Why would someone let you view a creation page, but not set a title? There are no other post count restrictions on this site.
Has this problem only happened while you're in China?

Ignore that last question. I'm still doing some thinking. How long has this issue been occurring for you?
I only signed up here but it's weird that it works in some forums and not in others. I've never been able to open threads, like ever. I disabled the macros too and it still doesn't work. Thanks again

Okay, here are a few more things you can try. I noticed that you don't have the rich text editor enabled. Re-enable it and try to make another thread. If that doesn't work, disable any ad blockers you have installed on your browser for RpNation. If those two things don't do anything for you, then you'll need help from someone who has better expertise than I.

Musician said:
Okay, here are a few more things you can try. I noticed that you don't have the rich text editor enabled. Re-enable it and try to make another thread. If that doesn't work, disable any ad blockers you have installed on your browser for RpNation. If those two things don't do anything for you, then you'll need help from someone who has better expertise than I.
Aha there it is! Javascript was disabled!

*Bangs head against wall*

thanks a bunch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back