• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Can someone please teach me BBC code?

MAROON QUILLNEST

One Thousand Club
Roleplay Type(s)
I have always wanted to make my post fancy (like all you guys) but i have tried in a private forum and it was a hot mess to say the least. I just want some help on how to do it. If you say yes i do want to have this be a long term thing but yeah if anyone's willing to help that would be AWESOME! so please do help me if you know how and if you have extra time. Hope to see some peeps here!

Hey!
There are a lot of resources for learning BBCode here on RPN. Here is link for the BBCode guide on this site. I'd also recommend going through the various "code workshops" in the Center and looking through the code if they have it posted. If you still need help I'm happy to answer any questions :)

Hello!
If I may, I could give you a few lil' pointers for you who's just starting out on learning how to code! BB code is definitely pretty simple to use, however, it can get a lil' bit wonky since placement is everything.

- First and foremost, so that your code doesn't accidently duplicate and cause mayhem everywhere in your post, you'd want to turn off Rich Text Editor ( RTE ) and use/code on the BBCode editor!
○ In the toolbar at the top of every text box, you'll look at the gear icon on the far right and click it ( when you hover, it'll say Toggle BB code ). When the entire toolbar is displayed as opaque/greyed out, and the gear icon will display as "green", you're in the BB code Editor mode.
○ You'll always want to code in the BB code editor​

- Next, this depends on what type of code you're looking to make and the design you're wanting to accomplish. I'd definitely say mess around with the different codes available that Satanic Nightjar linked in their post!
○ I personally know that I like going right into designing and creating codes but getting the basics down will 100% help in the long run when you're coding, especially when you move into more advanced coding such as stylising accordions, etc.
○ I'd recommend checking out BBCode Center Directory & Information since there are some resources curated that includes tutorials on how-to do specific codings​

- Note: in our BB code directory in the Layout & Design section, "div" is currently turned off. However, there's an alternative method to do this.
Most of what you see in the coding workshops are done using css tags with a border tag to start with.
○ For the background image, the div tag looks like this:
Code:
[div=background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/81/d4/62/81d462ecaa037ec34080fd4ee9a58b9b.jpg');background-size:cover;border:5px #1976d2 double;color: #000000;padding:5px;][/div]

○ Instead, you'll use the basic bbcode for border tag instead for all those ( background images, circular images, etc. ) and it'll look like this:
Code:
[border=0px; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/81/d4/62/81d462ecaa037ec34080fd4ee9a58b9b.jpg');background-size:cover;border:5px #1976d2 double;color: #000000;padding:5px;][/border]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back