• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Camp of Horrors(jump in)

Comet

♛combutt♛
So, you decided to go on a lil vacation? Well, you came to the right place. National Park Oaks is a private little camp out in the middle of freaking nowhere. RV's everywhere, tents scattered around, picnic tables, a little lake, you name it. Best place to go to! Except.. something weird is going on. Almost all the girls are acting strange. Some go missing, and a lot of have cuts and scars on them. What is going on?

Let me get to the main part-
You're here at this park alright? Camping in a tent, wanting to have the time of your life. Yet, at night when it hits 11pm, a type of.. Monster comes out. The girls with the scars and cuts on them call her Queen Mama. They worship the thing. They're like her... Little children. Now, these girls want you to join their cult to their Queen. If you say no, that person gets killed, then you're next. Don't EVER get caught out past 11pm.

Queen Mama is this thing that comes out of the lake, covered in rags, her eyes are covered up, but she CAN see you, so don't underestimate her. She has a rope like weapon, that can cut you in half if pulled hard enough.

Think you can survive a week in this hellhole? Let's see.
--------------------------------------

Leo pulled up to the park gates in her little car, Tent and clothes packed in the back. The gates looked old, like they're about to fall apart. Crusty, and plants wrapped around the bars. She didn't notice that the park ranger walked up to her car, tapping on her window. She jumped, fear rushing through her body as she stared at him. She gathered herself and rolled down the window.

"Name."

The ranger asked.

"Oh, Uh, Leo. Reservation for a week." She replied shakily. The ranger flipped through papers before nodding and handing her a paper. "Plot 15, have a great weekend." He said gruffly. One of his eyes rolled up into the back of his head. Leo tried to hold back a grimace of disgust, nodding and driving away before he noticed.

She looked hard for plot 15, finally finding it and parking her car in the slot. She got out and stretched her body out. Driving for 5 hours in a small car made her body cramped up. She looked at all her neighbors for the week, seeming like none of them wanted anything to do with her. Huh, weird. She started to unpack and set up her tent, humming a little song to herself.

"Morning" Kirk said as he pulled his old truck up to the Ranger's stand.

The strange man responded with only a blank expression at first, the he cocked his head to the side and spat out a wad of blackened chewing tobacco. Finally, the ranger croaked out one word, "Name."

"Hetfield, Kirk." He replied instantly, "Reservation for four days, party of two." Kirk's sister, Blake leaned forward in the passenger seat so the ranger could see her and waved hi.

Something in the man's manor changed just slightly once he had seen her. Kirk couldn't even tell what it was but the situation felt off. "Uh-huh. Got you down for plot 13."

Well, at least Kirk was assigned his lucky number. Maybe this trip would turn out ok. "Thanks. How's the Duck season this year? Were using this place as a base camp but will be hunting off property. Any good spots?"

"There's Ducks." The ranger said simply. After a few moments of silence, Kirk could tell he wasn't going to get anything else from the man.

"Ok, have a nice day." Kirk said as he drove off and started looking for his plot. Blake nudged him with her elbow. He kept his eyes on the road but listened as she tried to talk to him.

"Interesting fellow, eh."

"Yup." He responded. "But hey, you spend most of your time running a camp in the middle of nowhere and see just how good your social skills are. We'll find ask about a good spot when we have to gas the truck up tomorrow. For now we'll focus on getting the camp set up and settling in.

"Alright bro. Hey look, the plot next to us is empty."

"Looks like." He said as he put the car in park.

"Yeah, our closest neighbor is the girl setting up on the plot over."

"Some privacy might be nice you know. Bo's probably a whole lot less likely to annoy people with his barking if they're further off. Still, why don't you take him over to meet our neighbor and give 'em a heads up that he might make some noise. If you show 'em how cute he is, they might forgive us in advance. I'll set up whilst you do so."

"Kay," Blake said as she hopped out of the passenger side door and hit the ground. She was dressed relatively lightly for the mountain air and wished
she had worn something a bit heavier for the ride. It was clear why her brother had made her pack a heavy coat and pants. She worked her way to the rear door and open it. Laying on the seat was her brothers big old Golden Labrador, Bo. He was stretched out and just starting to stir from his long nap in the car. "Hey boy. Come on out. Time to explore."

The dog caught a whiff of the fresh air and his eyes flew open. He eagerly jumped out of the rear seat and hit the ground running with his tail wagging, excited to explore. Blake then started walking off in the direction of the neighbor, and like a good boy, Bo followed.

Leo heard someone walking up behind her. The first thing that caught her attention was the dog. "Oh, a dog!!" She squealed in delight, getting down in her knees and opening her arms for the dog. Her black kinda short hair was in a bun, fly-aways all around. She was lightly darkskinned, dark brown eyes and was 5'2. She was dressed pretty comfortably, in a pair of black fabric shorts and a white tank top with a check mark logo on it. "Oh, it's so great to finally see a face of a dog here! Everyone is so rude and weird!" She said, looking up at the dogs owner before back at the dog.

Every person loves dogs. You can't just..NOT love a dog. They're the best gift this Earth gives us. "My name is Leo, by the way. You guys my neighbors?" She asked.
(So short, sorry, it was rushed. Tombstone Tombstone )

It took Blake just a bit to catch up with Bo. When that dog got excited, he sure could move fast. On her way she surveyed the 14th plot and noticed that something had torn away at the walls of the fire pit rendering it unusable. Without giving it much thought she chalked it up to the bears in the area and would make sure to put all of the food in the bear-proof box once she got back. It also gave her the impression that nobody would be camping in that spot this weekend.

Finally she walked up and met her neighbor. "Down Bo," Blake said not wanting the dog to jump on the lady. She appeared to be a year or two older than Blake, about the same age as Kirk. "Hi, I'm Blake and kinda sorta. My brother and I are camping over on plot 13 and it looks like plot 14 is out of service at the moment. So we will be the closest to you on this side. We just wanted to let you know that our dog will probably be wandering around whenever we are here and might bark a bit at night. I hope it wont be too much of a problem."

Blake bent down and ran her hand through Bo's golden fur as well. He was happy because he was out in the wild and meeting new people. His big tongue was out trying to give kisses and his tail was wagging back and forth. If he wasn't the sweetest dog in the world, she'd be surprised.

Finally she looked up and caught a glimpse of Kirk working to set up the tent in the side mirror of Leo's car. While it didn't exactly look like much fun, Kirk was rather used to it and almost finished with her tent. Then he would begin to set up his own.

She flashed Leo a quick but bright smile. Blake probably had a good 5 and a half inches on the girl in terms of height. Her dirty blonde hair was down as usual and had a slight glimmer in the sun. Her hazel eyes were also sparkling quite a bit. Her clothing was on the lighter side, consisting of shorts and a green T-shirt. She wished she had been wearing something warmer like her brother. Blake turned and focused her gaze on him for a moment.

Kirk was wearing his blue jeans and a Black T-shirt made of a thicker material. On top of all that he adorned a dark brown carharrt jackets which he wore open. In terms of looks, he each took after different parents. Unlike Blake, Kirk had thick, chocolate brown hair, which was messy at the moment but looked good in a rugged way, and his eyes shone bright blue. All in all, he stood about 6'2" and was very solidly built. A couple drops of sweat lined his forehead as he hammered some stakes into ground.

She refocused her gaze on the girl in front of her. "So Leo, you said people around here were being rude. Any particular issues? Is there someone my brother and I should avoid to keep the peace?"

Comet Comet

"ummm...." Leo thought for a minute, looking up at the sky as she pet the dog, smiling as he tried to kiss her. "The warden was kinda creepy. The girls around here are DEFINITELY creepy. They're circling like piranhas right now." She pointed out, seeing one of them walk around the two girls and off into the distance. She gave them a creepy smile as she passed by, sending shutters down Leo's back. "I honestly don't trust them." She told Blake.

She looked over at their plot, seeing Blake's brother setting up the tent with some struggle. "Well, that tent looks like a handful." She chuckled, her tent already up and ready to go. Her whole camp was up and ready to go, all she needed was a fire. "Well, nice to meet you. You guys can come over here whenever you want to, so can this cute little dog too. I wish I brought mine, but Milo is a handful, and is pretty big." She chuckled, remembering her Dalmatian/Great Dane mix. "I think in a few days, my mom is bringing him, since they're going on their own vacation and we're they're going, no dogs allowed. Especially over 100 pounds." She chuckled, looking up at Blake. "So, is it a vacation for you guys here too?" She asked, finally standing up to the level to Blake.
Tombstone Tombstone

Last edited:
Blake turned her head and squinted so she could clearly make out the girls circling around. Sure enough, there were two or three that seemed to be eyeing the like a hawk. Another seemed to be mad dogging her brother. She made a mental note to avoid them like the plague as they did seem just a little creepy and/or crazy. As soon as she'd get back to her campsite she'd make sure to applaud her brother for his poor choice of location. Seriously, this was how horror movies started out.

"Sorta," Blake replied. "We're here on a Duck hunting trip. My father used to take my brother here all the time back before he divorced my mother. After that he kinda just stepped out of our lives. I'd always wanted to come, but it looked like I'd never get the chance. Then my brother set this up as a bit of sibling bonding type trip. So yeah."

Comet Comet

"oooooo, duck hunting! There should be a lot by the lake, atleast I think." She then smiled before patting Bo's head lightly and glanced at the girls circling the two. "Maybe they just want to say hi, but are too shy?" She thought out loud.

She decided to throw the thought away before looking down at Bo. "I'm guessing he's a hunting dog huh?" She chuckled, sitting down in one of her chairs. "Hey, maybe later you guys can come over for dinner, I was going to grill some hot dogs for the night." She offered, pointing at the giant blue cooler in her tent to keep animals away from it.
Tombstone Tombstone

"My brother says we can't exactly hunt on the property, but there are several places close by." Then Blake turned and took another good look at the girls. "Who knows. Maybe it's because they think the dog will keep them up at night with his howling."

"And yes," Blake said, "I would love to join you for dinner. Thank you so much. My brother only brought stuff to make cold cut sandwiches and cold fried chicken. It would be nice to have proper camp food."

"I'll head over and tell him now. Be back in a bit. Heck, once he's finished setting up I can probably have him build your fire. He's good at that sort of thing."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back