• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Camp Half-Blood RP

AzileQueen

One Thousand Club

tumblr_mv8x20oWju1sdty61o2_500.jpg

Read the rules first.

Signups are here.

This is where demigods are claimed/reserved.

Chapters will be posted in this section.

Also, don't start the role-play without my say-so~

Last edited by a moderator:

~ 7:36 a.m., morning, around the outskirts of California ~

— • —

Azalea was sitting on a seat in a very squished, very uncomfortable, and very smelly bus with the rest of the crew. A cough was heard, and she smiled lightly, trying not to laugh as she stared at her lap. 'Everyone's so tense..' she thought, finally looking up to take a look around the families, teens, and CHB kids alike. If anyone saw her spots, they'd be freaked out. Like, super freaked out. However, she was using her illusion power to conceal her spots.. it had taken a toll on her for using it for so long, and now she felt as slow, sluggish, and tired as a tortoise. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" she wanted to shout at the top of her lungs, but that wouldn't do any good. It had been eight hours. Eight hours in a cramped, filthy bus.

Ferguson Twins

Lyanna and Aryanna are squished into a seat together across from Azalea. The two talked quietly amongst themselves occasionally, but mostly Lyanna stared out the window and Aryanna tried to avoid getting touched by gross, sweaty strangers. "
I literally despise public transportation." She complains, a bit loudly. It had been all she could do to keep her hair untangled, as it rubbed against the seat each time the crowded bus turned. "I vote we get off at the next stop."

Lyanna rolls her eyes at her sister. "
Aryanna, that would require us walking the rest of the way." She reminds her Aryanna, who often didn't think things through like that. She wasn't stupid, by any means, just... she didn't think as much as she should.

tumblr_m1o591frzf1qb1380.gif

~~~{Maggie}~~~

She kicks the seat in front of her over and over again. Her white sneakers bounce off the pleather surface, the constant movement pausing only every so often so that the sweaty and impatient girl can tie and retie her laces. This is boring, Maggie thinks to herself. Maybe if it were just half-bloods on the bus, but no, we had to skimp on the Greyhound. She unpeels her thighs from her seat. It was already hot before the AC broke hours before, and driving through the Central Valley in the middle of July was probably the worst decision ever made in the history of– well, anything.

Kick, kick, kick.

The girl in the seat in front of her is quiet, a silent
kore in still concentration.

"Azalea." No response. Maggie scratches her earlobe with a dirty fingernail. Kickkickkickkickkick. Still nothing. Impatient, Maggie leans forward as far as she can in their cramped seating arrangement. She grins lopsidedly and leans in to Azalea's cheek. A giggle escapes.

"Feeling tense?" Maggie whispers.

tumblr_m1o598cXtS1qb1380.gif

Anton Rocha

Anton would usually love machines and toying with them, but now was an exception. The bus ride was boring and the more he thought about the bus parts and how they worked, the more bored he got. This was not something he was enjoying at all. He rested his head against the window seat and groaned. He just wanted to be in camp already.

He noticed other campers as well, and that made him slightly better, but not enough. Should he talk to any of them? It didn't matter. But he did offer a smile to a pair of twins seated close by.

wedredding said:

~~~{Maggie}~~~

She kicks the seat in front of her over and over again. Her white sneakers bounce off the pleather surface, the constant movement pausing only every so often so that the sweaty and impatient girl can tie and retie her laces. This is boring, Maggie thinks to herself. Maybe if it were just half-bloods on the bus, but no, we had to skimp on the Greyhound. She unpeels her thighs from her seat. It was already hot before the AC broke hours before, and driving through the Central Valley in the middle of July was probably the worst decision ever made in the history of– well, anything.

Kick, kick, kick.

The girl in the seat in front of her is quiet, a silent
kore in still concentration.

"Azalea." No response. Maggie scratches her earlobe with a dirty fingernail. Kickkickkickkickkick. Still nothing. Impatient, Maggie leans forward as far as she can in their cramped seating arrangement. She grins lopsidedly and leans in to Azalea's cheek. A giggle escapes.

"Feeling tense?" Maggie whispers.

~ 7:40 a.m., around the outskirts of California, it's drizzling a little ~

— • —

Azalea flinched when she felt Maggie start to kick her seat. At first, she didn't mind. She was probably bored, after all. But soon, the kicking just continued and continued. "Huh? What?" she muttered, jumping at the touch of Maggie's warm cheek. The girl pulled back, but offered Maggie a polite smile. "Yeah, I am a little stiff, but tired, too," she responded, sighing as she tried to straighten up her slouched shoulders. 'We're almost there, I think,' she thought, unconsciously tugging at her bangs as she stared out her window, seeing some of the greenery slowly disappear. "Soo, Maggie, right?" she asked, finally resting her hand on her lap. "Have you ever been to San Francisco?" she questioned, looking at the blonde intently.

Brooklynn sat more towards the back of the bus, she was used to tight spaces even though it did bother her but what could she do, she just looked out the window and started playing with a strand of her hair. For the first time in a long time she decided to wear her black leggings and an oversized sweater that her aunt had gotten her before she left. She did however still have makeup on it wasn't as much as normal but good enough to look like she put in some type of effort for having to get up so early in the morning.

labyrinthecho said:
~ 7:40 a.m., around the outskirts of California, it's drizzling a little ~
— • —

Azalea flinched when she felt Maggie start to kick her seat. At first, she didn't mind. She was probably bored, after all. But soon, the kicking just continued and continued. "Huh? What?" she muttered, jumping at the touch of Maggie's warm cheek. The girl pulled back, but offered Maggie a polite smile. "Yeah, I am a little stiff, but tired, too," she responded, sighing as she tried to straighten up her slouched shoulders. 'We're almost there, I think,' she thought, unconsciously tugging at her bangs as she stared out her window, seeing some of the greenery slowly disappear. "Soo, Maggie, right?" she asked, finally resting her hand on her lap. "Have you ever been to San Francisco?" she questioned, looking at the blonde intently.

~~~{Maggie}~~~

Azalea flinches away from Maggie's voice, likely more than a little unnerved. She pulls away, and Maggie mimics the motion, but only slightly, her face remaining uncomfortably close to the other girl's.

"Yeah, I am a little stiff, but tired, too," Azalea says, her posture tightening up even more than Maggie had thought possible. Maggie's brow furrows briefly, a flicker of concern, but then it's gone and she tries to raise her eyebrows in interest. Well, maybe if you weren't trying so hard to hold the Mist in place just so around you, you'd be feeling a little better.

"Soo, Maggie, right?" Azalea asks. Maggie nods, trying to put the girl at ease. "Have you ever been to San Francisco?" She speaks softly, but not in the way that naturally quiet people do. She looks into Maggie's eyes. Seems like she's been pushing herself hard all the way from New York. Maggie only snaps out of her musing when she realizes Azalea has been waiting for an answer this whole time.

"Well, I've been once, but just passing through when I was little. We were visiting my uncles, but I mean, they don't live in Cisco proper, they're up in wine country." She speaks quickly, as if trying to make up for those lost few seconds. Then a thought occurs to her.

"You know, I could help you with–" she says in a low tone, gesturing vaguely at Azalea's lower half. "I've been getting pretty good at controlling it, and I bet if I gave you a little boost–" she grins, "You might even stay awake to cross the Bay Bridge."

Ferguson Twins

Both the Aphrodite girls catch Anton's smile, though they react quite differently. Lyanna blushes and looks away quickly, continuing to stare out the window at the drab landscape. Aryanna, however smiles back with a wink. "Hi," She said with a wave. "Aryanna, daughter of Aphrodite." The girl's blue eyes flash flirtatiously at Anton as she pulls her curled blonde hair over her shoulder to play with.

@DuskerTem

wedredding said:

~~~{Maggie}~~~

Azalea flinches away from Maggie's voice, likely more than a little unnerved. She pulls away, and Maggie mimics the motion, but only slightly, her face remaining uncomfortably close to the other girl's.

"Yeah, I am a little stiff, but tired, too," Azalea says, her posture tightening up even more than Maggie had thought possible. Maggie's brow furrows briefly, a flicker of concern, but then it's gone and she tries to raise her eyebrows in interest. Well, maybe if you weren't trying so hard to hold the Mist in place just so around you, you'd be feeling a little better.

"Soo, Maggie, right?" Azalea asks. Maggie nods, trying to put the girl at ease. "Have you ever been to San Francisco?" She speaks softly, but not in the way that naturally quiet people do. She looks into Maggie's eyes. Seems like she's been pushing herself hard all the way from New York. Maggie only snaps out of her musing when she realizes Azalea has been waiting for an answer this whole time.

"Well, I've been once, but just passing through when I was little. We were visiting my uncles, but I mean, they don't live in Cisco proper, they're up in wine country." She speaks quickly, as if trying to make up for those lost few seconds. Then a thought occurs to her.

"You know, I could help you with–" she says in a low tone, gesturing vaguely at Azalea's lower half. "I've been getting pretty good at controlling it, and I bet if I gave you a little boost–" she grins, "You might even stay awake to cross the Bay Bridge."

~ 7:42 a.m., around the outskirts of California, it's drizzling a little ~

— • —

Azalea's eyebrows shot up slightly. "Really? That's pretty dangerous, considering that they are there," she looked like she was just getting sucked up in a book or soap opera. "Oh, your family owns a vineyard..?" she asked, but paused when Maggie brought up her problem controlling her illusion. "Um, I actually don't have those. I'm mostly human, except for some spots, a pair of ears and antlers, and a tail," she whispered in her ear, though the person next to her overheard quite a bit and raised an eyebrow. He proceeded by scooting a little way away from Azalea, which made her shrug. "But, yeah, I'd really like the help," she told her, smiling softly.

Alexa

Alexa sits in the back of the bus with no desire to speak to anyone at the moment. Whenever someone looked at her she smiled. People like people who smile. Alexa had a lot of mantras like that floating about in her head. It's her way of keeping herself mildly sociable. Secretly, Alexa wished she was as likable as the other Zeus kids. But she also wished that she wasn't a Zeus kid. Then maybe the people who are afraid of her could become her friends. Alexa looks out the window and sighs. It's raining. No one likes a rainy attitude any more than they like rain. And there is another mantra. A less used one, but another all the same. Soon Alexa becomes antsy and fidgets with her hair as she glances about the bus.

Anton Rocha

The different reactions of the girls wasn't expected. They looked so similar and he thought maybe they'd behave similarly. Guess I'm wrong, he thought. But both were cute. "Hey." He reached his hand over as a friendly gesture. This was what people normally did, right? "Anton, son of Hephaestus. Nice to meet you, Aryanna." He flashed her a bigger smile. He was glad Aryanna spoke to him. He was going to lose his mind.

@giraffesarebetter

Ferguson Twins

Aryanna takes his hand and shakes it, looking him over. About as tall as her, with long ish dark hair and grey eyes. She could tell he worked with his hands a lot as they were strong and calloused, like most children of Hephaestus. "Nice to meet you too." Aryanna bites her lip. "You're very strong," her words positively drip with flattery, and Lyanna suddenly stands up.

"Gross," she mutters, working her way past her sister and into an aisle. Heading toward the back of the bus, she searches for an empty, or more likely, half full seat that doesn't contain a serial dater.

@DuskerTem

Samantha Johnson

Sam sits near the front of the campers, and is one of the unlucky ones sitting with a stranger. The man next to her had been asleep the entire way, wore about three plaid flannel shirts, and old, dirty jeans. He smelled like a mix of fish and rotten eggs, and it had not been a pleasant ride. She had to either choose to be squished against the man or hit in the face by every passing person. She chose the later. Anything was better than being squished against a smelly stranger, and as a result smelling like sulfur for the next three days.

Alexa

Alexa almost squeezes herself into the corner of her seat. She's already thin, but she always feels as though she isn't thin enough. She notices a blonder girl heading to the back and Alexa smiles at her. Another half blood. Amphotrite? Was that the name? Alexa is new to being a demigod, and she hasn't spent time catching up on the mythology of her situation.

@giraffesarebetter

Lyanna Ferguson

Lyanna notices Alexa smiling. A new girl, daughter of Zeus, she remembers. "Um... hi... could I sit here? My sister is being ridiculous." The blonde gestures to her twin flirting away. A hand reaches up and tugs on her earlobe, rubbing it slightly between her fingers. Lyanna always got nervous talking to people when she wasn't with her sister. She was a shit daughter of Aphrodite, though she tried not to let that bother her. Or, mostly, she tried not to let it show.

@Quiet Is Violent

Alexa

Alexa nods. "Yes, of course! I don't mind at all!" Alexa smiles a little wider. People like people who smile. "I'm Alexa. What's your name?" Alexa folds her hands over her lap. No more fidgeting. Fidgeting is as attractive as a moving pimple. She reminds herself.

@giraffesarebetter

Lyanna Ferguson

"L-Lyanna Ferguson." Internally, Lyanna curses herself for stuttering. Usually she keeps it under control, but Alexa gave off the vibe of being generally uncomfortable, and it amplified her own discomfort. She clears her throat. "You're new, right?" The awkward demigod attempts at conversation, hoping it wasn't too obvious she had no clue what she was doing. Talking was her sister's thing, usually. And flirting. And the charmspeak. And the clothes, hair and makeup.

@Quiet Is Violent

Alexa

Alexa doesn't acknowledge the stutter at all. "Yeah. I am. I think I chose the wrong year to turn up." Alexa laughs a little. Laughter is the best cosmetic. Another popular mantra. "How long have you been at camp?"

Lyanna Ferguson

Lyanna takes a moment to think. "10 years. I started coming every summer when I was 7. My dad actually lived at camp with us for a while when we were babies, though." It takes her a moment to realize how much she'd just said, at which point in time she blushes lightly. "Heh, yeah, this is not a good year so far... Usually its much more fun, I promise." The girl looks at her hands then, embarrassed. She never talks that much without interruption, and she's not used to it. It appears she's waiting for someone to pop up and tell her she's being stupid, something her siblings often do. Lyanna is a bit of an outcast in cabin ten, and her brothers and sisters aren't afraid to remind her about it.

@DuskerTem

labyrinthecho said:
Azalea's eyebrows shot up slightly. "Really? That's pretty dangerous, considering that they are there," she looked like she was just getting sucked up in a book or soap opera. "Oh, your family owns a vineyard..?" she asked, but paused when Maggie brought up her problem controlling her illusion. "Um, I actually don't have those. I'm mostly human, except for some spots, a pair of ears and antlers, and a tail," she whispered in her ear, though the person next to her overheard quite a bit and raised an eyebrow. He proceeded by scooting a little way away from Azalea, which made her shrug. "But, yeah, I'd really like the help," she told her, smiling softly.

~~~{Maggie}~~~

"Um, I actually don't have those. I'm mostly human, except for some spots, a pair of ears and antlers, and a tail." Bold move there, Z, Maggie thinks. She's already given the girl a nickname; for her it's akin to naming a pet before one's parent can tell them they can't keep it. She should've known Azalea wasn't all satyr, of course, but when you spend most of your time in the mess hall seeing other campers from the torso up, you tend to overlook things. Besides, Maggie thinks, it's not like I care about what's going on below anyone's waist anyway.

"Sorry about that, guess I should learn to pay more attention in school," Maggie says with a sideways smirk, then– "Oh! Yeah, sure!" She licks her lips in concentration, focusing on moving the heavy magical burden off of Azalea's consciousness. The sensation isn't so much a dividing of power, more like helping your friend move a piece of furniture, and while Maggie inhales deeply, steeling herself to share the load, she can already tell Azalea's relaxing.

Anton Rocha

Anton looked down at his arms. They were, indeed, muscled. Years of working hard paid off, didn't they? "Thanks." He was also thankful she acknowledged his muscles. His niceness usually got in the way of people seeing him as intimidating or at least strong. "And you're really pretty, if I must be frank."

@giraffesarebetter

wedredding said:

~~~{Maggie}~~~

"Um, I actually don't have those. I'm mostly human, except for some spots, a pair of ears and antlers, and a tail." Bold move there, Z, Maggie thinks. She's already given the girl a nickname; for her it's akin to naming a pet before one's parent can tell them they can't keep it. She should've known Azalea wasn't all satyr, of course, but when you spend most of your time in the mess hall seeing other campers from the torso up, you tend to overlook things. Besides, Maggie thinks, it's not like I care about what's going on below anyone's waist anyway.

"Sorry about that, guess I should learn to pay more attention in school," Maggie says with a sideways smirk, then– "Oh! Yeah, sure!" She licks her lips in concentration, focusing on moving the heavy magical burden off of Azalea's consciousness. The sensation isn't so much a dividing of power, more like helping your friend move a piece of furniture, and while Maggie inhales deeply, steeling herself to share the load, she can already tell Azalea's relaxing.

~ 7:45 a.m., on the outskirts of California, it's still drizzling ~

— • —

Azalea suddenly felt rejuvenated, and her eyes widened slightly at the difference. "Wow, that feels much better. Thanks, Maggie," she commented, giving her her gratitude. "Say, how long have you been at camp? I didn't really see you that often over there, but that may just be me," she said, pulling at her fingers awkwardly.

Alexa

Alexa smiles lightly. "Your father was a demigod also?" She asks. People like talking about themselves. That isn't a mantra. That's just a life lesson. "Excuse my ignorance, but who is your mother? Like, I now what she is, goddess of beauty, but I forgot her name I think."

@giraffesarebetter

Ferguson Twins

Aryanna looks down, smiling like she had never been told that before. "That's sweet," she says, as she scoots over next to the window. "Why don't you come sit with me?" Her voice wraps around Anton like a cocoon, giving him a comforting, yet slightly disconcerting feeling that he was best in her hands and whatever she asked him to do- whether it be kiss her or jump out of the window, he would do.

@DuskerTem

Lyanna nods slowly, "Yeah, Hephaestus kid." She swallows and tugs on her earlobe again, realizing she had yet to sit down. As she told Alexa that her mother's name was Aphrodite, she sat down, immediately picking at the frayed edges of her jean shorts. "What about you? Your dad is one of the Big ones right?" Thunder rumbled in the distance. "Big Three, I mean." Lyanna amends apologetically, glancing at the roof of the bus.

@Quiet Is Violent

Alexa

Alexa nods. "I don't quite remember his name. I know he's the god of the sky. Excuse my ignorance, I'm rather new to this 'demigod' ordeal." Alexa smiles apologetically. "So, where are we going exactly? I wasn't paying much attention."

@giraffesarebetter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back