• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Calo

Arcanimus

The country of Vepral has collapsed alongside the rest of the countries in this time period due to the sudden..turning of its residents between 8-30 into a 'mutant' as the government tried to classify them as.

These new 'mutants' seemed to come out of nowhere, but all having similar types of abilities, controlling things- kinesis. During the first couple years, the new 'mutants' tried to fit in, working with the government the best they could, but when the pressure became too much when they were barely allowed out of their own homes...

Anarchy broke out, and modern weapons didn't stand a chance against beings that could control the metal of their gun, or the air between them, or even the heat caused by the gun. And in an uproar, they took down the government, eliminated the normals opposed to them, and were left with nothing.

And ten years later the world is now ruled by gangs of the beings, the hierarchy being the more powerful your power is and how much destruction it can wreak on an area or individual.

Calo is a city under rule by five specific gangs, I'm offering you to join one.

Note: A lot of the people that joined a gang changed their name to whatever they thought of, like Snowflake

1. The Dragons
    1. Ruled by a Pyrokinesis user named Spirit
    2. Home base in an old school, one story
    3. "Family" oriented- Protects their own
  2. The Takers
    1. Ruled by a Hallucikinesis (Illusions) user named Dagger
    2. Home base in an old department store (think Wal-Mart if you have them), one story
    3. Group-oriented, groups of 3-4 work independently under the same name
  3. Ruby Jackals
    1. Ruled by a Haemokinesis (blood) user named Neki
    2. Home base in an old hospital, four stories
    3. Independent individuals, sometimes pairs stick together but will defend their territory and brethren regardless of knowing them
  4. Fangs
    1. Ruled by a Thirokinesis (animals) user named Bandit
    2. Home base a renovated vet clinic and house on the same property, one story for the clinic and three for the house including the attic space
    3. Most members have some pet they keep with them, and tend to pick up any strays they find and bring them back, they usually split their food with their companions
  5. Ebony Lions
    1. Ruled by a Unmbrakinesis (darkness) user named Candy
    2. Home base in a small planetarium that is still usable, but due to lack of resources can only be run once a week by an Electrokinesis after they rested the day before
    3. A close-knit group as a whole due to limited space, and have a wider territory due to their need to explore and get out of the crowded area

Don't worry too much about remembering the kinesis name, since in the RP the abilities won't be commonly referred to that way, more like in slang terms.

Every group has their pros and cons, and I hope people get to explore that.

Oh, and there are "shops" where you can trade items for other things like clothes and food. Each of the five gangs has developed small gardens from the help of various different kinesis wielders but they don't produce nearly enough to sustain the group comfortably.

I will end up being the specified leaders, but if you want to take on one of them I wouldn't mind just talk to me in DM's first.

Links:

Character Sheet- Calo - CS

In Character- Calo - IC

Out Of Character - Fantasy - Calo - OOC

Rules & Extra - Fantasy - Calo - Rules & Extra
*Note: Rules is only added to the IC thread because of room issues, sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
Woo people are actually interested, haha.

Ya, I'll be making a character sheet thread and an IC & OOC, I just wanted to make sure I had interested people before I took up space you know?
RoseSparrow RoseSparrow

Feel free to ask me any questions in the meantime. ^^

- Tag
TannerDedInside2017 TannerDedInside2017
Northanger Northanger
Will other types of kinesis be allowed? Like cryokinesis or others? And everyone in that specific gang must have that kinesis? Like a guy with Umbrakinesis on The Dragons?

Northanger Northanger

Gangs are not limited in the kind of abilities its members can have since the diversity of ability can be very beneficial to the group overcoming hardships. They more got together based on the areas in the city the originally lived at the time or traveled because they preferred how they operated.

For the most part, all kinesis's will be allowed, since the abilities themselves were randomized quiet drastically among people.

Time for character creation and deep thinking!!! Lol I’m so hyped for this and thanks for answering that one important question of North. I was also wondering the same thing but since you answered it I will just start creating and writing on actual paper.

TannerDedInside2017 TannerDedInside2017

Sadly no, at least in the sense your thinking of but an individual can have a very broad kinesis that seems to cover more than one when in actuality it does not. For example, a Geokinesis (Earth) instead of just controlling soil can control all minerals- giving the effect of being a Haemokinesis (Blood) if they wanted to control the minerals in the body.

But one individual can't control both fire and water.
They have to have a link, and not all users can follow the link and have more limited abilities as a result.

RoseSparrow RoseSparrow

I'm glad, can't wait to see what you come up with. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back